PDA

View Full Version : Introducing: The Turbine Referral Program!

Quarion
12-06-2007, 09:28 AM
We're proud to announce the Turbine Referral Program, a great way to earn free game time by introducing your family and friends to DUNGEONS & DRAGONS ONLINE ™: Stormreach ™! It's so easy a kobold can do it!

The Turbine Referral Program lets paying subscribers of DUNGEONS & DRAGONS ONLINE ™: Stormreach ™ refer friends to play the game and receive free game time for successful referrals. Each of your referred friends will be sent a Guest Key to try the game for free for ten (10) consecutive days!

For every friend that buys and subscribes to the game, you'll get a referral credit that can be redeemed for 30 days of FREE game time that can be added to your subscription to that game!

To refer your friends, log in to your account at http://myaccount.turbine.com . Under "Refer a friend…" section, you can enter up to five friends' email addresses for each game you're subscribed to. Hit the Submit button to update the list and send Guest Keys to your friends!

You can see the status of your referred friends at any time. "Converted" means your friend has accepted your invitation, played the game, and subscribed to it. You're well on your way to earning free subscription time for the game!

Terms and Conditions apply. For more information on the Turbine Referral Program, please click here: https://myaccount.turbine.com/referral/rules/ddo. Thanks for playing!

Aspenor
12-06-2007, 09:29 AM
That's a great promotion Q!!!

Dozen_Black_Roses
12-06-2007, 09:35 AM
That's a fabulous idea, now all you have to do is convert the t-shirt slogans into actual tshirt winners and DDO will be in the black :P

Lorien_the_First_One
12-06-2007, 09:45 AM
Fantastic move, thanks Turbine!

Hopefully this will help us bring more new blood to the game...and if nothing else, it should help you sell a few more mule/2nd accounts to existing players :D

ccheath776
12-06-2007, 09:46 AM
We're proud to announce the Turbine Referral Program, a great way to earn free game time by introducing your family and friends to DUNGEONS & DRAGONS ONLINE ™: Stormreach ™! It's so easy a kobold can do it!

The Turbine Referral Program lets paying subscribers of DUNGEONS & DRAGONS ONLINE ™: Stormreach ™ refer friends to play the game and receive free game time for successful referrals. Each of your referred friends will be sent a Guest Key to try the game for free for ten (10) consecutive days!

For every friend that buys and subscribes to the game, you'll get a referral credit that can be redeemed for 30 days of FREE game time that can be added to your subscription to that game!

To refer your friends, log in to your account at http://myaccount.turbine.com . Under "Refer a friend…" section, you can enter up to five friends' email addresses for each game you're subscribed to. Hit the Submit button to update the list and send Guest Keys to your friends!

You can see the status of your referred friends at any time. "Converted" means your friend has accepted your invitation, played the game, and subscribed to it. You're well on your way to earning free subscription time for the game!

Terms and Conditions apply. For more information on the Turbine Referral Program, please click here: https://myaccount.turbine.com/referral/rules/ddo. Thanks for playing!

Question Quarion.

What about buying subscriptions for friends. Like a give the gift of DDO for a friend?

I have a friend that is in the military and coming back in January. He was worried about paying for another 6 months of subcriptions. As a gift I wanted to [ay for his sub. Is there a way to do that?

Mad_Bombardier
12-06-2007, 09:49 AM
Question Quarion.

What about buying subscriptions for friends. Like a give the gift of DDO for a friend?

I have a friend that is in the military and coming back in January. He was worried about paying for another 6 months of subcriptions. As a gift I wanted to [ay for his sub. Is there a way to do that?I have done that for friends, too. Is there anyway of reconciling those new subs with the referral program?

Brutous
12-06-2007, 10:24 AM
Sweet!! :d So So Sweet!!

Didn't someone say there was a deal from Comp USA for DDO?

Quarion
12-06-2007, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccheath776 View Post
Question Quarion.

I have a friend that is in the military and coming back in January. He was worried about paying for another 6 months of subcriptions. As a gift I wanted to [ay for his sub. Is there a way to do that?
I have done that for friends, too. Is there anyway of reconciling those new subs with the referral program?

Good Question!
Here's your answer:

The referral program only works if the referred player is not already subscribed, so if I understand your situation right, it wouldn't work for you, unfortunately. It sounds like your friend is already a customer.

However, you can refer new friends with the referal program and as long as they have upgraded to a full version from trial sometime after your referral, and start a paid subscription you'll get credit.

Now here's the tricky part... you want to pay for your friend's subscription (and probably the upgrade too.) Here's how we suggest it be done:

1. Refer your friend, and see if they like the game.
2. If they choose to keep playing, you can visit our store at http://store.turbine.com and purchase a digital download key for theme to upgrade with.
3. There are two ways you can pay for another player's subscription. A: Visit our partner site at www.paybycash.com/ddo and purchase a game time code for them to use during their upgrade process. This will allow them to upgrade and grant you referral credit.

or B: Have your friend use his or her credit card during the upgrade process (they will not be charged for the first 30 days.) and then immediately call our Account Support department at 781-407-4020 and ask to make a "One Time Payment" on a friends account. You will need your friend's account username, and your own credit card. This will not apply your payment information to the friends account, but process a one time payment.

Remember, never share your password or credit card information with another player, and never offer to put your credit card on another players account via the website! Doing so can result in non-refundable charges and the account becoming banned. The above two methods are the only way to properly receive a referral credit when paying for a friends account.

Hope this helps!
-Quarion

Krysta_Shadowvol
12-06-2007, 10:43 AM
I only wish this had been in place when hubby Jedi Mind tricked me into playing.:)

Now I play more then he does.:D

I love the Idea of Gift subscritpions.

/Salute to all of the Military Personel

Standpoint
12-06-2007, 11:17 AM
What an awesome idea!

Now I have to figure out if I have any friends.

That would play :)

Cowdenicus
12-06-2007, 11:35 AM
Woot, good thing I told the wife I wasnt getting her new account until I get my new computer, it is supposed to be delivered today, which means she will want the new account tonight, and I will get 30 days free on my account.

WOOT

Rekker
12-06-2007, 11:41 AM
Now here's the tricky part... you want to pay for your friend's subscription (and probably the upgrade too.) Here's how we suggest it be done:

Slip of the tongue or am I reading to much into it ???

ArkoHighStar
12-06-2007, 11:54 AM
Slip of the tongue or am I reading to much into it ???

that would be the upgrade from trial to full, which is 19.95 then the subscription is the monthly fee

ccheath776
12-06-2007, 12:03 PM
Good Question!
Here's your answer:

The referral program only works if the referred player is not already subscribed, so if I understand your situation right, it wouldn't work for you, unfortunately. It sounds like your friend is already a customer.

However, you can refer new friends with the referal program and as long as they have upgraded to a full version from trial sometime after your referral, and start a paid subscription you'll get credit.

1. Refer your friend, and see if they like the game.
2. If they choose to keep playing, you can visit our store at http://store.turbine.com and purchase a digital download key for theme to upgrade with.
3. There are two ways you can pay for another player's subscription. A: Visit our partner site at www.paybycash.com/ddo and purchase a game time code for them to use during their upgrade process. This will allow them to upgrade and grant you referral credit.

or B: Have your friend use his or her credit card during the upgrade process (they will not be charged for the first 30 days.) and then immediately call our Account Support department at 781-407-4020 and ask to make a "One Time Payment" on a friends account. You will need your friend's account username, and your own credit card. This will not apply your payment information to the friends account, but process a one time payment.

Remember, never share your password or credit card information with another player, and never offer to put your credit card on another players account via the website! Doing so can result in non-refundable charges and the account becoming banned. The above two methods are the only way to properly receive a referral credit when paying for a friends account.

Hope this helps!
-Quarion

Thanks that worked.

Yukiko
12-06-2007, 12:21 PM
Can i have my referral credits in the form of tasty ham?

Yummy...Ham.... :)

I figure the exchange rate of DDO days to Tasty Ham to be about 3.45 Tasty Hams per days of DDO credit. Maybe 3.24 bepending on the strength of the Japanese yen, im not totaly sure.

Clearly our graph indacates a dramatic raise in player happyness based on a steady diet of ham.

:) A good deal of Tasty Ham
:o A so so amout of ham
:( Small amouts of ham
:mad: No ham at all!

History has proven time and time again the great need for Tasty Ham.
For example the time ranging from 476 to 1000 AD. Fell dark when scholars belived the amouts of Tasty Ham where not suitable to sustain the growing world.
We also know that during the time of From 1347 to 1351 AD, Asian, Africa and Europe were all devastaded by mass Ham shortages.
Look it up!

I hope you consider my humble request and i look forward to a favorable responce from the dev team. Thank you.

Rekker
12-06-2007, 01:01 PM
that would be the upgrade from trial to full, which is 19.95 then the subscription is the monthly fee

Yup...read too much into that one.

Riekan
12-06-2007, 01:18 PM
This is a nice program Q. But... you couldn't have gotten it out to us a week earlier? I just got my brother to sign up last week over Thanksgiving. Oh well.

bigal4458
12-06-2007, 02:06 PM
Instead of a free 30-days, how about one free respec!!!!????

Come on, you know you want to.

Cowdenicus
12-06-2007, 02:10 PM
Ugh, I just got me new rig today, (just delivered 15 minutes ago) so now I have to get my wife an account for DDO.....

not to mention kissing her butt for a whole year for letting me blow all the christmas money for US on a new gaming rig for me.

RemoJr
12-06-2007, 02:19 PM
It's so easy a kobold can do it!

YARK! HEY MAN, not cool! *angry face* (obvious caveman reference)

Krysta_Shadowvol
12-06-2007, 02:30 PM
Ugh, I just got me new rig today, (just delivered 15 minutes ago) so now I have to get my wife an account for DDO.....

not to mention kissing her butt for a whole year for letting me blow all the christmas money for US on a new gaming rig for me.

Congrat's on the new rig and as Far as your wife's account and kissing her but goes you may be surprised by the result of said account.

See my husband thought that if he got me intrested in the game he would have more play time and it worked a little to well.

I now play more then he does and I'm the one who just got to blow all the Christmas money on a new gaming rig for me.

What I'm tring to say is you might be pleasantly suprised by the result of her account.

liamfrancais
12-06-2007, 02:49 PM
Congrat's on the new rig and as Far as your wife's account and kissing her but goes you may be surprised by the result of said account.

See my husband thought that if he got me intrested in the game he would have more play time and it worked a little to well.

I now play more then he does and I'm the one who just got to blow all the Christmas money on a new gaming rig for me.

What I'm tring to say is you might be pleasantly suprised by the result of her account.

Just remember to have someone feed the kids.

Krysta_Shadowvol
12-06-2007, 02:54 PM
Just remember to have someone feed the kids.

LOL

Don't worry they would'nt let me forget to feed them, they can be very persistant at times.

and they get cranky when there hungry.

Cowdenicus
12-06-2007, 03:34 PM
only kid in this house is me....

Mad_Bombardier
12-06-2007, 04:03 PM
ZOMG! There's even a new window in the launcher with link to the Referral program. Turbine's new marketing guy rocks! :)

neoanderthal
12-06-2007, 04:06 PM

Argh!!! Why couldn't this have happened two days ago, when my girlfriend finally signed up with her own account?! *pulls hair*

bigal4458
12-06-2007, 04:27 PM
Argh!!! Why couldn't this have happened two days ago, when my girlfriend finally signed up with her own account?! *pulls hair*

Umm...Warforged don't have hair....

Cowdenicus
12-06-2007, 04:31 PM
man a 3 hour download, this sucks.

I was just told by customer support that DDO does not support Microsoft Vista....

I dont know if this is true or not, but if so you are going to have issues, because from what I have been told XP is off the market come January, and all that will be available is Vista.

Glenalth
12-06-2007, 04:58 PM

I was just told by customer support that DDO does not support Microsoft Vista....

I dont know if this is true or not, but if so you are going to have issues, because from what I have been told XP is off the market come January, and all that will be available is Vista.

It's not supported, but it should work fine.

deathtouch
12-06-2007, 05:08 PM
I dont suppose you are going to backdate this program? LOL Last month I managed to get 4 people to start playing (ok i bought them the game) but 4 months of time for me sounds sweet!

neoanderthal
12-06-2007, 05:14 PM

It'll definitely be off the market by next June....
Here's a couple of hints about installing DDO onto Vista - hope it helps. The info helped me get DDO onto my laptop with Vista Business....

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=127137

Spookydodger
12-06-2007, 05:37 PM
Better late than never.

Stormanne
12-06-2007, 06:47 PM
ZOMG! There's even a new window in the launcher with link to the Referral program. Turbine's new marketing guy rocks! :)

Now if only he can convince the guys at Atari to let loose with the purse strings a little. A larger budget for mass-market advertising would work wonders on the profitability of this game. Has better graphics than WoW, stronger history, is based on the "Original" RPG, and has a much more user friendly interface...

DNDJESS
12-06-2007, 07:41 PM
So to compete with WoW, who are showing a video of their game during the finale of The Ultimate Fighter, the best your ad execs could come up with is this?? Seriously, don't you think that all the players who really like this game have already tried to recruit their friends and family? Maybe you need to consider advertising to people who might not be aware of this game already.

Zorlinta
12-06-2007, 10:30 PM
Yeah in my case this new add one just arrival over 1 year late, all my friends knows this game and the few ones that get enough attracted for it now are gone due the lacking of fast updates, so they just come once each 4 months to get the news, round around, if new cap is they play a week to recap, then goes off for 14 weeks at least if lucky, else some found a better game. :(

Really although im believe is a good idea, im sure its implemented too late, Mostly all ppl that loves D&D pnp already suscribed. You should better found a way to keep interested the current players and try to attract again all those that have gone, im dont think that will be much new guys around really mostly by the difficult learning of the game mechanics and the huge variety of mmorpg games around.

Cowdenicus
12-07-2007, 01:15 AM
Well I followed the process it sent me through and my wife has a new trial account...... One I will have to activate in ten days. :(

Then I will have 2 DDO bills a month..... :(

But the wife and I can play DDO side by side and that aint so bad.

DaveyCrockett
12-07-2007, 01:33 AM

Just to clarify Q, are you saying that the referral credits shouldn't be used for mule accounts (trust me, people have already asked me)? And also, Those methods for paying for a friends account - what if it's a family member? Still have to jump through the same hoops, or is this referral program not for family members of the same household?

On second thought, maybe I'll go read all the fine print, but if it's not covered, a reply would be 'preciated.

EDIT - After reading through, I saw no mention of the subjects of my questions.

kudesnik
12-07-2007, 09:41 AM
It will make life much easier if Turbine can accept Paypal as a tender.
It's "defacto" payment standard in internet.:)
I.e Pay by cash service is just not as good. as Paypal.

neoanderthal
12-07-2007, 02:10 PM
Umm...Warforged don't have hair....

I did the William Shatner thing and had some plugs installed - sockets in the top of my cranium, and now I have (well, had before I started yanking them out) cascading curls, a 7" 'fro, or long red pigtails, depending on what style I'm going for that day ;)

Lizardgrad89
12-07-2007, 03:13 PM

I run Vista, have no troubles.

Well, none I can attribute to the Op Sys, anyway. I don't think I can blame Vista for the TS Giant being such a pain in the you-know-what last night. :D

Lizardgrad89
12-07-2007, 03:16 PM
So to compete with WoW, who are showing a video of their game during the finale of The Ultimate Fighter, the best your ad execs could come up with is this?? Seriously, don't you think that all the players who really like this game have already tried to recruit their friends and family? Maybe you need to consider advertising to people who might not be aware of this game already.

Baby steps, Jess. Baby steps.

DNDJESS
12-08-2007, 11:17 PM
Baby steps, Jess. Baby steps.

It has nothing to do with 'steps'. Turbine has done NOTHING for advertising from the start for this game. That's why the population of this game is as low as it is. If they'd have 1/10 the advertising budget that WoW has, we wouldn't have needed a server merge.

dwensel7
12-09-2007, 10:46 AM
sent a referal to a friend and the link to download the game isnt workin. had the email sent back to me and the link is bad. wanted to bring this to someones attention

Mad_Bombardier
12-14-2007, 10:59 AM
Quarion, I love the referral program (haven't gotten to use it yet, but plan to!). But, I've got to ask, what the heck is in the launcher pic?
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/7779/referfx9.jpg

Is it even a screenshot from DDO? It "kinda" looks like a Dwarf, but he's in unknown garb and he's running away (therefore can't be a real Dwarf :D). And what is that on the left? It "kinda" looks like Beholder eyestalks, but not really. Could you please post the whole, uncropped, unedited screenshot? Inquiring minds want to know! :) If it's not a DDO screen capture, can we please get one specific to DDO?

Ringlord
12-14-2007, 02:13 PM
*Takes a brick and engraves the following words on it ... "Atari is responsible for ALL advertising for DDO and Turbine contractually do anything on their own" .. checks the spelling... smacks DNDJESS in the forehead with the brick so the letters leave a nice imprint that can be read by everyone :D

kurzit
01-18-2008, 11:14 PM
Hope someone reads this soon LOL.

Im on a trial right now and i know of a few(5 or more) people that MAYBE interested in this. I guess you have to have an account that ISNT a trail to do the refer a friend? and can you only get 5 people MAX per account?

dragonhighlord1
08-09-2008, 12:59 AM
I have 5 friends that I am trying to refer, and can not find where I enter email address so I can get the free 30 when they sign up, this is what the promo says "To refer your friends, log in to your account at http://myaccount.turbine.com . Under "Refer a friend…" section,..." I log in and there is no "refer a friend " section
please help

Avelin
08-09-2008, 01:32 AM
After logging in with my user name and password, the second section on the page is the friend referral section. You can submit their email addresses right there and your friends should get an email with instructions. You do not have this section on that page?

gradivus
06-04-2009, 04:24 PM
Here's my problem: I referred someone to the game, sending in his email address, and also gave him my buddy key (from my boxed game that I had bought for myself) so he could start playing right away. He added my buddy key to his Turbine account (he was already playing Lord of the Rings Online, but not DDO) and started to play DDO on the 10-day trial.

Then Turbine sent him a DIFFERENT key by email in response to my referral. As a result of my referral, he's now purchased the game. So here's the problem: if he uses the new key (e-mailed to him by Turbine as a result of my referral) to start a new subscription he's afraid he won't be able to use the characters he's already started on my buddy-key subscription (and in any case I suspect he wouldn't be able to enter the new key onto his account anyway because that would give him two 10-day-free accounts).

On the other hand, I'm afraid if he uses his purchased game key to upgrade the subscription from my buddy-key referral, I won't get credit for referring him.

What should we do? Either way, you understand he's bought the game as the result of a referral from me, whether he used my buddy key or the emailed key. So how can he upgrade his DDO account so that I get a referral credit for it? Or will you tell me that I can't get credit for a referral because I let him use my buddy key?

:(

Netherun
12-12-2010, 01:55 AM
Any reasons why refering friends in and from e.g. Europe isnt possible under the referal-program?