PDA

View Full Version : "Girlfriend" Build Request

Cecilia
12-05-2007, 11:14 PM
In PnP clerics are often the "girlfriend class". Instead of that I'm looking to build a Dragonmarked Halfy Bard, pref with maximize, pref with pure class. One who can handle some healing and the best bard buffs/spells in game for melee classes. This is a 28 point build :( ..so no focus on fighting, no need to spread the stats thin trying to accomplish other stuff just the stuff I mentioned above and maybe any pointers you have would help, thanks!

Arianrhod
12-06-2007, 08:11 AM
I wonder if Hero's Companion stacks with bardsong? If so, that would make for an awesome sidekick (once they fix the range & duration to make it worth bothering with)

Oh, and if you're building a buffer/healer, think Extend would be more useful than maximize. Maximize is pretty much only for damaging spells, & bards have almost none (soundburst & shout are the only ones that come to mind).

sigtrent
12-06-2007, 11:33 AM
Here is one I did in my request thread. It has a sorcerer level but you could easily do it as a straight bard without much adjustment. You may also want to shift points to maximize charisma from dex if you truly want to never do any fighting.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=1310084#post1310084

maddmatt70
12-06-2007, 08:52 PM
Straight bard is the way to go for when the level cap goes up to 16 (6th level spells). Maximize is fine but, I like empower healing for bard over maximize because there is not really any effective dps spells (shout is not that great). Extend is kind of essential if you are a buff bard style.. max your charisma though for sure as sigrent indicates for the kind of bard you want to make...

Aesop
12-06-2007, 08:59 PM
Empower Healing works with Heal and thus with the Heal Dragon Mark go with that over Maximize

Extend is a must

pretty sure haling companion enhancment stacks with Bard Buffs s ograbbing that would be good...

you may consider grabbing Spell Focus Enchantment and going for the Spellsinger to up the SP and add a little more csating power.

CC spells are a good thing to have as a companion character ... lets the tanks eat things with little resistance

Max out the Attack and Damage Enhancements

that's my thoughts anyway

Aesop