PDA

View Full Version : PvP Tournament with cash and prizes!!

Justicar
12-04-2007, 04:32 PM
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who attended my little PvP tourney. It looks like everyone had a good time and conducted themselves well. (Except for me, I was cursing at Maui the whole time he was beating me. I just had mic turned off so he couldn't hear me.):p I also wanted to thank the honorary judges that helped judge the matches as I couldnt be in two places at once. Also, much thanks to Mulligan for letting me steal his rules and everyone else for helping to refine some of our own. Good showing and good times!

Well, its about that time again. I am putting together a large PvP tourny with cash and maybe a few other nice items as rewards. I am taking some cues from the folks over on Khyber seeing as they have put together some pretty nice rules for their event. The rules and info are as follows:

When - Saturday 12/15/07 at 3PM EST
Structure - Each match will be 1 vs 1. There will be a melee competition and a caster competition. Each match will take place in an arena instance with myself or another Transgression officer judging the match. (Melee= Fighter, Ranger, Pally, Barb, Bard, Rogue. Caster= Sorc, Wiz, Cleric)
Where - The melee's will fight in the center platform on top. Jumping/falling off of the platform once is allowed. If you do it twice the match is over and you lose. Casters have the run of the entire arena and may cast all their spells. Even dispel
Rules - No wands, scrolls, or dispeling will be allowed in melee competition.
Banned Weapons - Sever aka Limbchopper is the only banned weapon
Fee - There will be a 25k Plat buy in for those that wish to compete
Cheating/Unsportsman like conduct - If someone breaks any of the above stated rules they will lose the match they are in and will be unable to advance any further. In addition the plat they had paid is forfeit. Any childish behavior or unsportsman like conduct will be deal with in the exact same fashion. This is suppose to be a competitive but FUN time. No fuddy duddies allowed....Sorry.

The fewest deaths in 10 minutes determines the winner. In the event of a tie there will be a final show down fight in the bottom middle of the lobster pit so everyone can watch. If it gets out of hand or anyone interferes, the match will be taken back to the arena without the spectators.

Prizes - Plat will be paid out to top 3 contestants in both the caster and melee competition. 1st=60% 2nd=30% 3rd 10%
Also in an effort to get some of the people who do not have extensive pvp experience we will have several random drawings for several epic weapons and items ie. vorps, smiters, banishers, disruptors, grtr banes etc. ONLY FOR THOSE SIGNED UP TO FIGHT!

(If anyone would like to donate any items to the pot (and it would be greatly appreciated) send me a pm or get a hold of me in game.)

The Combatants

Melee's
Katanee
Kamo
Aztar
Kruc
Katsumi
Twerpp
Zoltan
Lokahi
Mulligan
Mabu
Archtype OR Maleus
Godless

Caster's
Tanaki
Archaik OR Advookate
Watts
Takuma
Drakakhan
Ilima
Durnham
Mornir
Gairick
Vibomatic
Rackoth
Anac
Quentry

Strumpoo
12-04-2007, 04:37 PM
Why don't you do it sans buffs..

That would make it more interesting. Otherwise it just comes down to who has the best buff gear..;)

Always hate going into the Pit for a little fun and having people jump in with two pages full of buffs cause they can't stand their character getting killed.. Who cares, it isn't like you lose exp..? Just jump in and have fun! :D

Khroc
12-04-2007, 10:27 PM
No Sever ?? bah !!!

actaeon
12-05-2007, 02:26 PM
Im already in the one over there on Khyber on Adistal, I'll join this one too on my barb Kamo and hopefully leveled wizzy Archaik, if not then cleric Advookate.

KatanAztar
12-05-2007, 04:31 PM
Im already in the one over there on Khyber on Adistal, I'll join this one too on my barb Kamo and hopefully leveled wizzy Archaik, if not then cleric Advookate.

/grabs sap feat (jk, lol that should be banned as well)

What about stat damagers?

Justicar
12-05-2007, 05:11 PM
/grabs sap feat (jk, lol that should be banned as well)

What about stat damagers?

Stat damage is allowed

serpentwave
12-06-2007, 03:59 PM
hehe I cant miss out on an event like this :)

Count me in:

Melee' -->Katsumi Kazama
Caster -->Takuma Tanegashima

Kudos to Transgression for organising such an event, TY :)

Justicar
12-07-2007, 01:54 PM
Ok, we are starting to get a few more people signed up, but we need more!! The more people, the more money, the more fun!

If you read the forums and your friend that might be intereste doesnt, give him/her the details!! Let people know, it should be alot of fun.

zoltan00
12-08-2007, 11:54 PM

Avonwey
12-09-2007, 05:55 AM
Hey I'm just curious - why did you put Bards in the Melee category?

Justicar
12-09-2007, 11:15 AM
Because there is no "right answer" when it comes to bards. They could really go in either category and I just decided to put them into melee because that is what khyber had done. If there are objections I suppose I could think about putting them in with casters.

Killbilly
12-09-2007, 12:46 PM
Are clickies allowed, or are they out with the wands and scrolls?

Justicar
12-09-2007, 10:33 PM
Clickies are allowed for all classes

Barik
12-10-2007, 05:16 PM
Sooo how long does it take to transfer a toon?

Justicar
12-10-2007, 05:52 PM
Sooo how long does it take to transfer a toon?

No idea bud, have never done it. But, if you ask Zoltan who is just up this post a bit, he can answer your question.

~Maui_86
12-10-2007, 08:49 PM
alright maui here. count me in for one melee spot and one caster spot. Lokahi lvl 14 fighter. Ilima lvl 14 cleric

Barik
12-11-2007, 12:30 AM
Put my transfer in tonight...sign me up.

Mulligan-melee

~Maui_86
12-11-2007, 12:31 AM
oh a also wanted to say i got some spare cash and am willing to sponsor 5 more people. so if u want to come but dont want to spend the cash let me know and ill pay for you. but if u win anything got to split it with me 50/50, thats all i ask :p i just want more people to be involved for more fun. cmon guys lets just have some fun. the more the better :)

oogly54
12-11-2007, 08:44 AM
If you truly want to see who is best, eliminate the buffs and make everyone use the same weapon, muckbane or such. Otherwise its all about who can buff the most and who has the best weapon.

Justicar
12-11-2007, 08:58 AM
If you truly want to see who is best, eliminate the buffs and make everyone use the same weapon, muckbane or such. Otherwise its all about who can buff the most and who has the best weapon.

Can you imagine two people that have 60+ AC tying to kill each other with a muckbane? Uhhh, no ty.

actaeon
12-11-2007, 09:24 AM
Hey Mulli I sent you a PM, hope it helps whichever way you're going...btw it takes 2 days to have the transfer fully completed (make sure you don't log on that toon during that time). The melee competition is shaping up to be awesome from what I see so far :P

-P.S. Unfortunately I haven't had time to level my wizzy this week, so pencil in Advookate for sure on the caster side although I don't think she'll be able to put up much of a fight, but im goin down swingin!!
-P.S. Again....Start spreadin the word to peeps around Ghallanda I know there are many more interested in this than those who read these forums so for an increased turnout we need increased advertising :P.

Barik
12-11-2007, 08:42 PM
LOL for sure when I was advertising ours i got most of the people from in game chats :)

Killbilly
12-12-2007, 08:11 AM
Sign me up. Mabu for melee, Durnham for caster (tentatively).

hannika
12-12-2007, 09:22 AM
Can you imagine two people that have 60+ AC tying to kill each other with a muckbane? Uhhh, no ty.

lol so strip the armor and the buffs. my guild a while back had a ''bare knuckle brawl'' where we had to go in completly naked of all weapons/gears/buffs/clickes/wands/scrolls, nothing but what we had at character creation and duke it out with fists. it was one of the best times i've had on this game. then your fighting str and con and pvp skill, as opposed to weapons and gear.

oh and your banning the limbchopper but not a vorpal? o.O they both only work on a 20, you'll let the opponent chop off the heads, just not the arms and legs... seems strange.

Justicar
12-12-2007, 10:56 AM
lol so strip the armor and the buffs. my guild a while back had a ''bare knuckle brawl'' where we had to go in completly naked of all weapons/gears/buffs/clickes/wands/scrolls, nothing but what we had at character creation and duke it out with fists. it was one of the best times i've had on this game. then your fighting str and con and pvp skill, as opposed to weapons and gear.

oh and your banning the limbchopper but not a vorpal? o.O they both only work on a 20, you'll let the opponent chop off the heads, just not the arms and legs... seems strange.

Ok, I understand that full PvP with buffs and all might not be everyone's cup o' tea and I am sorry, but suck it up. If you dont want to do it because you dont like the rules, then dont do it. I saw the way that Khyber was doing it and I aggreed with just about every point and thats the way that I want to run this tourney, THIS time. This is the third such event that I have put on and it has been different every time. Maybe in the next event I will do a totally naked PvP tourney where everyone is only able to use muckbanes or something, I dont know. Until then though, play or not, its your choice.

Visors of the Flesh Render ftw, is all I have to say about that last part.....

Corion
12-12-2007, 11:10 AM
Count me in for one of each - Archtype or Maleus for melee and Mornir for caster

Oh, and you may want to consider banning dispel in the caster competition as well - I can see a lot of Grt Dispel / FoD or Destruction, and while deathblock will stop that, I think dispelling will still advantage the clerics as once Deathward is gone, Harm and max / emp Inflict Critical is going to hurt a lot, and it can't be dodged. Just a thought.

Svetelana
12-12-2007, 02:30 PM
Hey Mull,

Let me know how you make out....

Bodybags-

Twerpp
12-12-2007, 03:33 PM
Cool 9-10 melees now? I'm gettin excited! A bracket of 20 would be awesome!

death_smurf
12-12-2007, 05:05 PM
Ill bring worfda(melee) for some friendly violent fun.

death_smurf
12-13-2007, 01:56 AM
sorry for the switchup but decided to bring godless instead still melee just a fighter pali.
thanks and sorry again

Nevthial
12-13-2007, 02:19 AM
I bid 10,000 qautloos on Twerpp for the win!

Sadly, I won't be there to witness and wish everyone luck.

Justicar
12-14-2007, 11:41 AM
Tomorrow is the big day! Hope to see lots o' people there! If you havent signed up yet and want to, there is still time, just let me know.

PS, I will be collecting all the funds prior to each match, so bring your wallet! No checks allowed!

Twerpp
12-14-2007, 01:28 PM
Hey are we doing this straight elimination style or are we doing loser brackets to determine 1st,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10th etc?

Justicar
12-14-2007, 01:36 PM
Hey are we doing this straight elimination style or are we doing loser brackets to determine 1st,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10th etc?

Single elimination style. (With one exception) It would take way to long doing double elimination. I will have everyone group with me and roll. I will then match up all the people according to their die roll. If I roll a 99 and you roll a 98, we are more than likely going to be matched up. If by some chance there is an odd # of players the person who rolls the highest will get a sort of a bye. He will actually be fighting the best "loser" out of the first round. If the loser wins and advances the best he can do is second place though seeing as he had lost a match already.

banzaz
12-14-2007, 11:10 PM
i will be using my battle bard gairick but what time dose it start?

woofy
12-15-2007, 07:02 AM
25k plat buy in, nty

Justicar
12-15-2007, 09:12 AM
i will be using my battle bard gairick but what time dose it start?

3 PM Eastern Time

~Maui_86
12-15-2007, 12:07 PM
25k plat buy in, nty

i did offer to pay for 5 peoples buy in. so if u want in come show up at 3 and ill gladly buy u in. the more the better =)

Justicar
12-15-2007, 12:14 PM
i did offer to pay for 5 peoples buy in. so if u want in come show up at 3 and ill gladly buy u in. the more the better =)

Such confidence!

death_smurf
12-15-2007, 12:20 PM

naw that is the festivus spirit in full effect. Air your greivances with feats of strength i say!!!! see everyone on sat.

~Maui_86
12-16-2007, 12:27 AM
great job everyone. thanx again katani for organising such an event. was a fun day i think everyone had a blast.

KatanAztar
12-16-2007, 01:10 AM
Yep, thanks for hosting the event, I know it took a lot of work coordinating it.

Justicar
12-17-2007, 10:08 AM
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who attended my little PvP tourney. It looks like everyone had a good time and conducted themselves well. (Except for me, I was cursing at Maui the whole time he was beating me. I just had mic turned off so he couldn't hear me.):p I also wanted to thank the honorary judges that helped judge the matches as I couldnt be in two places at once. Also, much thanks to Mulligan for letting me steal his rules and everyone else for helping to refine some of our own. Good showing and good times!

LordDeath
12-20-2007, 12:26 PM
Who won

KatanAztar
12-20-2007, 01:58 PM
Who won

I think this is how it went

Casters
1. Ilima (aka Maui, Maka, etc)
2. Vibomatic
3. Watts

Melee
1. Lokahi (aka Maui, Maka, etc)
2. Aztar
3. Mulligan

Should ban maui from any further tournaments.....:D

Justicar
12-20-2007, 03:51 PM
Yup, Aztar got it right. And, I agree with him. Maui should be banned from all further events!

~Maui_86
12-21-2007, 04:54 PM
lol sheesh be like dat.