PDA

View Full Version : Twinblade

babygirl
12-02-2007, 01:56 PM
Well I was soooo excited to get to lvl 14 on my pally Aneta so I could use my twinblade that I got with my tome pieces.... well I reached lvl 14 last night and went into my bank and got my Twinblade out and put it on and BAM! it showed that I had a negative level for something, I thought that it might have been cause of the quest I was in but then realized that it would of went away when I leveled, anyways it was my twinblade that was giving me the negative lvl. I had been told along with alot of other ppl before I had gotten it that it wouldnt give a negative lvl but I guess those ppl are wrong, so now I have this awesome weapon that I am no longer excited to use cause it gives a negative lvl! I just posted this to vent and I'm pretty sure there are others that are ****ed about it like I am! What a waste!

Ballonatic
12-02-2007, 02:26 PM
Paladins = Lawful Good ONLY
Anarchic = Chaotic

Paladins will always get penalized for using an anarchic weapon as Barbarians do when weilding an Axiomatic one.

I'd eat up the penalty and swing that bad boy.

babygirl
12-02-2007, 02:47 PM
Paladins = Lawful Good ONLY
Anarchic = Chaotic

Paladins will always get penalized for using an anarchic weapon as Barbarians do when weilding an Axiomatic one.

I'd eat up the penalty and swing that bad boy.

Wow to think if you hadn't of summed that up for me I would have never know! LOL! As I stated in the post that I was told that you wouldnt get a neg lvl not that I didnt know that anarchic gave me one :P

KatanAztar
12-02-2007, 02:51 PM
Well I was soooo excited to get to lvl 14 on my pally Aneta so I could use my twinblade that I got with my tome pieces.... well I reached lvl 14 last night and went into my bank and got my Twinblade out and put it on and BAM! it showed that I had a negative level for something, I thought that it might have been cause of the quest I was in but then realized that it would of went away when I leveled, anyways it was my twinblade that was giving me the negative lvl. I had been told along with alot of other ppl before I had gotten it that it wouldnt give a negative lvl but I guess those ppl are wrong, so now I have this awesome weapon that I am no longer excited to use cause it gives a negative lvl! I just posted this to vent and I'm pretty sure there are others that are ****ed about it like I am! What a waste!

Whats the big deal? I have it on my Lawful Fighter and love it. Don't think it gimps you because you have a few less hp and -1 hit in saving throws. Take that thing in the crucible and see how you like it then :p

Ballonatic
12-02-2007, 03:02 PM
Wow to think if you hadn't of summed that up for me I would have never know! LOL! As I stated in the post that I was told that you wouldnt get a neg lvl not that I didnt know that anarchic gave me one :P

Let me get this straight. You knew that Anarchic gives you a negative level but was surprised that said weapon, which is Anarchic by the way, gave you one because someone told you it wouldn't? Let me ponder this...

moorewr
12-02-2007, 03:08 PM
Let me get this straight. You knew that Anarchic gives you a negative level but was surprised that said weapon, which is Anarchic by the way, gave you one because someone told you it wouldn't? Let me ponder this...

Twinblade is no ordinary weapon. It's easy to miss that it is axiomatic AND anarchic.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s220/jgould2005/DDO/Items/Risia/Twinblade.jpg

(Care of the excellent Definitive Static Rewards guide: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=121279)

babygirl
12-02-2007, 03:40 PM

Actually I have spoken with quite a few ppl that thought the samething some of them actually found out the way that i did and were not too impressed!

moorewr
12-02-2007, 03:44 PM
Actually I have spoken with quite a few ppl that thought the samething some of them actually found out the way that i did and were not too impressed!

For the right situation it is awesome - especially if you happen to be Neutral Good.

babygirl
12-02-2007, 03:48 PM
For the right situation it is awesome - especially if you happen to be Neutral Good.

Oh for sure it is an awesome weapon just wish i had of know that it would of neg lvled me before i got it i might of picked up something else :(

Aegisfang
12-02-2007, 04:04 PM
I can appreciate a good venting, but hopefully you don't hold Turbine accountable for this? I kind of got that vibe, when you said that I'm sure alot of other people are upset as well. Not sure why they would be upset at anyone but themselves for believing an unverified rumor.

Regardless, enjoy your uber weapon.

Blazer
12-02-2007, 04:48 PM
Twinblade is no ordinary weapon. It's easy to miss that it is axiomatic AND anarchic.

I'm not quite sure how it's easy to miss. I mean, it's written directly in the description, right there after Greater Orc Bane. /shrug
Unless I'm missing your sarcasm moorewr.

gpk
12-02-2007, 06:52 PM
I know the twinblade looks like a sexy weapon, but even with a Bloodstone, Deathnip works out to be a better weapon.
Throw in Bard songs and the Deathnip pulls away even more (and no neg level and works on all aligned mobs).
Only for orcs and goblinoids is Twinblade better.
I know a lot of Paladins are fond of their Bastage Swords but really they're not great weapons.
If you really want a good 1 handed weapon (especially for a Paladin w/ Madstone shield) that will replace even the vast majority of greater bane khopeshes you can't go wrong with a Deathnip. You'd need a significant amount of good greater bane khopeshes AND a Bloodstone to replace 1 Deathnip.

KatanAztar
12-02-2007, 06:55 PM
I know the twinblade looks like a sexy weapon, but even with a Bloodstone, Deathnip works out to be a better weapon.
Throw in Bard songs and the Deathnip pulls away even more (and no neg level and works on all aligned mobs).
I know a lot of Paladins are fond of their Bastage Swords but really they're not great weapons.
If you really want a good 1 handed weapon (especially for a Paladin w/ Madstone shield) that will replace even the vast majority of greater bane khopeshes you can't go wrong with a Deathnip. You'd need a significant amount of good greater bane khopeshes AND a Bloodstone to replace 1 Deathnip.

It's pretty much garbage though for a slash spec'd fighter like mine thats too stubborn to change out feat for pierce stuff.

Svetelana
12-02-2007, 09:17 PM

Well said.

Dark_Helmet
12-02-2007, 10:59 PM
I'm not quite sure how it's easy to miss. I mean, it's written directly in the description, right there after Greater Orc Bane. /shrug
Unless I'm missing your sarcasm moorewr.

Not to just pick on your post, but this is alot of bashing that seems to imply people are stupid and not to post. This is warning to others who also had the same misguidance and it should be welcome as such...

When people see BOTH effects on there (lawful and chaotic), they probably assumed that by having one of the alignments would allow them to use the blade... that is what makes it special.

It would have been nice of them to put that in the description. I believe the tainted items pretty much say that for Good vs. Evil.

Ballonatic
12-03-2007, 06:47 AM

I'm well aware of the weapon's properties thank you. Guess I'm one who would know in advanced that though it's both Anarchic & Axiomatic, it will penalize a Lawful Good toon as opposed to overriding the Anarchic effect.

babygirl
12-05-2007, 09:29 AM
Not to just pick on your post, but this is alot of bashing that seems to imply people are stupid and not to post. This is warning to others who also had the same misguidance and it should be welcome as such...

When people see BOTH effects on there (lawful and chaotic), they probably assumed that by having one of the alignments would allow them to use the blade... that is what makes it special.

It would have been nice of them to put that in the description. I believe the tainted items pretty much say that for Good vs. Evil.

Yes!!!!! Thank you finally someone that actually gets the point of my post and it was mainly also posted to wqarn others out there that also heard the rumor that was going around!

Ninety
12-05-2007, 09:36 AM
No offense, but what dev post would ever imply that it was special enough to have the effects counter out each other on the alignment quarry?

it's already 2 swords, 2 greater banes. (2x norm)

deathnip? 2x norm crit range.

the dagger? 2x norm sp.

so if you think logically just for a second, why would twinblade be even more special than the rest?

Shaamis
12-05-2007, 09:44 AM

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s220/jgould2005/DDO/Items/Risia/Twinblade.jpg

(Care of the excellent Definitive Static Rewards guide: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=121279)

The stats tell me just as plain as day, that they are trying to get people to gimp themselves by being Neutral good, or True Neutral, to avoid the negative level.

-2 to all ability checks, skills, to-hit, and damage is kinda a tough pill to swallow.

Oh well Babygirl, I hope the person that told you it wouldn't give you a neg level is a good friend.

adrinor
12-05-2007, 05:02 PM
The stats tell me just as plain as day, that they are trying to get people to gimp themselves by being Neutral good, or True Neutral, to avoid the negative level.

-2 to all ability checks, skills, to-hit, and damage is kinda a tough pill to swallow.

Oh well Babygirl, I hope the person that told you it wouldn't give you a neg level is a good friend.

It's only -1 to all ability checks, skills, to-hit, damage, and -5 HP. Its not that bad

Aspenor
12-06-2007, 06:28 AM
I would personally not waste tome pages on something so well...useless.

Kaboth
12-06-2007, 12:15 PM
You know it would be rocken if they made a Greater Giant/Evil Outsider Bane LOL

Ronin_the_toon
12-07-2007, 08:14 PM
the twinblade is a cool weapon for the 2d8 base dmg on actually the effects are nice too, True neutral isnt bad if you have high enough umd to overcome the pure good true law etc, and no not for stability... a high umd allows you to bypass the scrolls dc on raise dead so no loss for res ring, no neg lvl whatever you weild or wear(taint of evil) and it makes you immune to say the unholy effect of some mobs though i think that changed to pure evil for archers, and i know that some of the raid DQ marillith's weapons deal anarchic dmg( not that that ever saved anyone) so say for a rogue its not a bad alignment.
Im with you though and heard the same rumor about the twinblade, I'm glad you posted a definate answer to this "myth". Gunslinger