PDA

View Full Version : On track for an at-work first!

Borrigain
11-30-2007, 04:17 PM
I hoping my stellar achievement today will be......

I haven't done a SINGLE lick of work!!!!!! Shuffled some paper around on the desk, but been surfing the net all day. I'm just so excited about this Achievements thing.

3 more hours to go and I'm on track for my first day of complete and utter slacking!

(well, transferring a couple of phone calls don't count, does it?)

Wish me luck.

:D
Borr.

P.S. oh, and don't tell my boss.

brshelton
11-30-2007, 04:19 PM
lol... this new forums is the greatest for laughs

Beherit_Baphomar
11-30-2007, 04:19 PM
Your first day of slacking?

Oh rly?

You sure?

Borrigain
11-30-2007, 04:20 PM
Your first day of slacking?

Oh rly?

You sure?

I'm not very good at it, so I'm a little nervous.

Any pointers?

Borr.

ToeTank
11-30-2007, 04:22 PM
Keep practicing and you will get better. That is how I got so good. Oh, and don't let anyone around your desk to see the forum page open. As long as they don't see that, it looks like you are typing something important because you are so focused on the typing part. It works for me.

Beherit_Baphomar
11-30-2007, 04:24 PM
I'm not very good at it, so I'm a little nervous.

Any pointers?

Borr.

ALWAYS have a piece of paper on your desk, switch this piece of paper with a different coloured piece of
paper, frequently.

Have certain things around the office that tell you when the boss is coming...I keep one door squeaky and a few boxes
lying around...

Use IE7...this gives you tabs. So you can have DDO Forum up, guild forum up and the last one put up something work
related. This way even when you are caught on the internet you're on their working.

What else?

Pick up the phone, not too much, just enough.

Curse. Yes, thats right. Along the lines of "G(osh) D(ang) it, these dumba##es again"

or

"I am so sick of this bullsnot"

I'll try and think of some other slackers gems...

Borrigain
11-30-2007, 04:29 PM
I'll try to put some of those to good use.

:)

Now, I did find that when I was active-duty military, if I carried something like a folder, walked fast, looked at people and then shook my head, no one ever bothered me.

Unfortunately I'm stuck IN the office today, so I doubt I'll be able to use that one.

Borr.

Beherit_Baphomar
11-30-2007, 04:32 PM
Thats also a damn good one.

So long as you look angry, people tend to stay away from ya.

Im perpetually angry at work.

Hell, it even works with the wife sometimes.
Like tonight, I have a dragon raid....when I get home Im gonna be one ****ed off Scotsman.

Pellegro
11-30-2007, 04:33 PM
Just make sure you never appear too happy, or like you're enjoying yourself.

That always makes them curious and pay more attention to what is actually going on in your office/cube.

A happy employee is suspicious.

Borrigain
11-30-2007, 04:44 PM
Just make sure you never appear too happy, or like you're enjoying yourself.

That always makes them curious and pay more attention to what is actually going on in your office/cube.

A happy employee is suspicious.

You're soooooo right, and I'll try, but unfortunately, this new forum has me giggling like a little girl.

May have to log out and play Spider or something. 4 suits should make me mad soon enough.

Borr.

Borrigain
11-30-2007, 06:47 PM
8-hour workday with nothing to show for it!

Yipee!!!!

Thank you to all those who supported me during these trying times.

Off to play!

:)
borr.

chrisgina39
12-19-2010, 06:15 AM
the most important part is acting like youre realy busy get a pager set it to buzz 30min till the end of meeting act like it important and move quickly you will avoid assignments(if you have meatings)

also avoid youre boss if you see him act busy and rushed

NeutronStar
12-19-2010, 06:27 AM
the most important part is acting like youre realy busy get a pager set it to buzz 30min till the end of meeting act like it important and move quickly you will avoid assignments(if you have meatings)

also avoid youre boss if you see him act busy and rushed

Wow, 3 year dead thread necro...nice. :rolleyes:

chrisgina39
12-19-2010, 07:24 PM
ty(someone else nercoed 1 so i had to catch up:P)