PDA

View Full Version : Soloing Achievements?

Avonwey
11-30-2007, 12:44 PM
I'm wondering if any fellow players have made any notable milestones soloing?

I once tried to solo as high as possible, but only got to level 6 before I gave up in frustration.

brshelton
11-30-2007, 12:55 PM
I Soloed Litany of the Dead with no exploit up to the dragon. Yes i beat Kai-teng straight up not with the light post.

Strakeln
11-30-2007, 12:59 PM
I'm wondering if any fellow players have made any notable milestones soloing?

I once tried to solo as high as possible, but only got to level 6 before I gave up in frustration.It's easier to solo once you're a capped L14 character. Much harder at the middle levels.

I'd say my biggest soloing accomplishment has been the Demon Queen, no exploits. Certainly not the only one, but non-safe-spot/no-exploit solo DQ runs are and always have been a worthwhile challenge.

I think right now the holy grail of soloing is Twilight Forge. It is possible, but it is hard... hard enough that people claim it is impossible. I think the real problem is, you need a build made for it. You need ddoor capabilities, uninterruptable healing and/or mega HP, perhaps a speed boost... I suspect an arcane WF will lay claim this title. (Note: TF cannot be completed solo (I think), but one can get all the way to the titan door solo).

Borrigain
11-30-2007, 12:59 PM
Well, when the wife was off working one day, I solo'd my......

wait......

that's off-topic chat.

My bad.

:)

Borr.

Evisle
11-30-2007, 01:49 PM
Soloing the First part of the Twilight Forge would be a great accomplishment. I have done it with two but to doing it soloing would be difficult - the crystals would likely be the hardest part but I agree that it might be possible with a good selfhealing character.

I don't know if you could solo the raid itself. Holding the Titan in place, knocking down the pillars and firing would be a lot for one person. Does anyone have ideas?

The best solo accomplishment I have ever seen was in the Fleshmakers laboratory on Elite. We had a full party of six drop down to try to get the optional shield chest. Sadly 5 of us (myself included) wiped fairly quickly. Our one surviing member a 11 Fighter/3 Wizard Warforged killing machine managed to not only keep himself alive but take out the waves of mobs - it took a while but it was certainly a WOW!! moment for me in playing DDO.

Veras Divania (13 Cleric/1 Fighter)
Legendary Knights of Mabar

Aspenor
11-30-2007, 02:01 PM
with a caster
Litany of the Dead elite through Vol.
Wizard King Elite
Chains of Flame Elite
Offering of Blood
POP
Reaver's Fate

Fallen Shrine normal, Tombs of Rahmat and the other guy Elite, and BAM Normal, all with a thief.

Dariun
11-30-2007, 02:07 PM
I *barely* survived the Depths of D on hard with a lvl 11 rogue. :o

That Landslide is one mean pile of rocks!

Strakeln
11-30-2007, 02:07 PM
I don't know if you could solo the raid itself. Holding the Titan in place, knocking down the pillars and firing would be a lot for one person. Does anyone have ideas?From what I can tell, the answer to this is that it is theoretically possible to solo, but highly unlikely to ever be done. First couple of hits could be done by hitting the laser and REALLY QUICKLY running and knocking down a pillar. After that, I suspect you'd have to use ranged weapons to knock the pillars down. From what I have seen, ranged weapons do not make the pillars fall in the way they do with melee attacks. So there would be a huge element of luck.

The one thought I had was dropping from the top. You might be able to figure out a way to make ranged weapons drop the pillars in the desired direction. If you can do this, then you stand above where you want the titan, shoot the pillar, speed boost to the laser, fire.

However, from my limited experimentation, it appears that the pillars drop in a random direction when struck by a ranged weapon. :(

Dworkin_of_Amber
11-30-2007, 02:14 PM
Call me stupid, but I can't see how you could possibly do the Titan Pre-Raid solo?

I know how to 3-man it, without any problems, but I thought it would only let you carry 2 crystals at a time (I might be wrong on that)...

Let's assume you start Purple/Blue, run all the way to the 4-doors and open Blue... then go back and get Red... you would have to destroy Purple, take Red to the 4-door. Then DD out, drop Purple, Get Green then Yellow... but how the heck can you run all the way back through Purple and then Blue without dying? I didn't think DW blocks it (am I wrong on that? If DW does block it, then I think it would be easy to do).

MrCow
11-30-2007, 03:08 PM
how the heck can you run all the way back through Purple and then Blue without dying?

I'd imagine a quicken'd Heal or quicken'd Reconstruction (for flesh bags or Warforged, respectively).

Strakeln
11-30-2007, 04:10 PM
Call me stupid, but I can't see how you could possibly do the Titan Pre-Raid solo?

I know how to 3-man it, without any problems, but I thought it would only let you carry 2 crystals at a time (I might be wrong on that)...

Let's assume you start Purple/Blue, run all the way to the 4-doors and open Blue... then go back and get Red... you would have to destroy Purple, take Red to the 4-door. Then DD out, drop Purple, Get Green then Yellow... but how the heck can you run all the way back through Purple and then Blue without dying? I didn't think DW blocks it (am I wrong on that? If DW does block it, then I think it would be easy to do).The orders of the colored barriers are as follows:

Red, purple, blue, yellow, green (really close to that order).

1) Go through purple tunnel, get red crystal there (you do NOT have to destroy your purple crystal to do so).
2) Run through last half of blue tunnel to get to golem room (here's where massive HP or quickened heal or reconstruct comes into play)
3) Defeat golems, use purp and red crystals, ddoor to entrance
4) Run back through purple, grab a blue stone, use it on the barrier, ddoor back to entrance
5) Grab green crystal, solve puzzle using ddoor at least until you can get the yellow crystal, ddoor to entrance.
6) Grab purple crystal, run through purple tunnel, then the last half of the blue tunnel, use yellow crystal on barrier, ddoor back to entrance.
7) Grab green crystal, finish solving puzzle, grab blue crystal, run down entire blue hallway and use green crystal on the barrier.

My cleric has no problem running through the blue tunnel without a crystal... but he has no ddoor. My ranger and sorc can't heal themselves fast enough. My barb doesn't have enough hit points, and doesn't have ddoor. However... a high UMD cleric with some ddoor scrolls could do it, or a character with the Dragonmark of passage, or perhaps an arcane WF.

Note: this is not a solo completion of TF... it is a solo "get through TF".

If I get enough people betting against me that this is impossible, I will actually take the time to make a character for it. However, since I have laid it out so nicely, I doubt anyone will be willing to bet against me :)

brshelton
11-30-2007, 04:14 PM
quickened sorc with reconstruct could definitely do it

kyebosh
11-30-2007, 04:40 PM
"Stealthy Reposession" elite with a lil rogue :)
Can't remember what level the quest was but I know my character was that level at the time.

I know, not the hardest quest out there, but for a pure rogue it's like a lil fighter soloing "Protect Baudry's Interests" :)
I was happy.

On a side note, if anyone on Khyber needs that on elite for favour, do give "Kyebosh" a yell... I know how annoying it is to complete without a sneaky type!

Barumar
11-30-2007, 05:43 PM
Can't remember what level the quest was but I know my character was that level at the time.

I know, not the hardest quest out there, but for a pure rogue it's like a lil fighter soloing "Protect Baudry's Interests" :)
I was happy.

On a side note, if anyone on Khyber needs that on elite for favour, do give "Kyebosh" a yell... I know how annoying it is to complete without a sneaky type!

One of my best memories of getting my lvl 12 Pally to 1750 favor was soloing this on Hard and then Elite! LOTS of Haste potions to beat the little buggers to the levers. My favorite part - once I completed it - was going back and slaughtering every single one of them just because! :)

Ron
11-30-2007, 06:43 PM
I soloed the Pit. But it wasn't with a pure soloist, it was with a level 11 twinked out character. If I can solo the Pit with a non-twinked pure soloist, I will consider that quite an accomplishment. Kinda the holy grail of my playing right now :)

Zorlinta
11-30-2007, 07:57 PM
Im used to solo the tombs in dessert (astrologue and physicist) in elite with my lvl 12 (bard11/wiz 1), but since scrolls of fw are now harder to get im hardly does again, so im mostly solve now at 14 (bard 13/wiz1) in normal. And too im often solo some quests in diferent modes just for loot without completion like bam (ores are good to sell), inferno of the damned, adq. I would like to complete them but my build is a bit messy (still my 1st character, and too lazy to rebuild) so im need more practice and better equipment to do it so, but its too money drainer, so im like more do it on small parties :)

brianjr
12-01-2007, 06:13 PM
I'v gotten my cleric to level 11 and have never grouped. I have also never grouped with my Paladin 9, a fighter/wizard 2/3, and a fighter/rogue 1/4.

Pellegro
12-02-2007, 12:51 PM
I'v gotten my cleric to level 11 and have never grouped. I have also never grouped with my Paladin 9, a fighter/wizard 2/3, and a fighter/rogue 1/4.

getting to 11 without ever grouping is quite impressive imo.

would love to see your build stats (curiousity more than anything).

I imagine a cleric would be one of the better solo builds, but don't you run into "need a rogue" issues?

Ron
12-04-2007, 08:00 PM
That is impressive! Level 11 beats my record, heh. Do you "inherit" gear, or is it untwinked? Either way is pretty impressive, but if you did it untwinked, you are my new hero :)

Arnya
12-04-2007, 08:22 PM
Solo'd Wiz king Elite and Cabal elite with 13sorc/1clr

(Many recalls for mana in both quests!)

brianjr
12-04-2007, 09:37 PM
I started off with a couple of bad builds up to about level 5-6ish. I twinked from them, so.... I didn't start with anything too good. Other than that it was all gear I picked up with Grimborne or at the AH. Its persistence more than anything. I did run a lot of stuff a few times.
My big break was at level 10 when I found a Str Tome. Sold it at the AH and was able to finance a few greater bane weapons. I could have used the str point but I needed cash more. I am usually able to keep 8-9k plat after financing wands and other consumables.

Stats w/ current gear:
Str 23
Dex 14
Con 14
Int 10
Wis 19
Cha 10
140hp, 820sp, 30ac, +19 to hit unbuffed

I did screw up a little in allocating some skill points. I'm not going to re-roll as it has taken me a long time to get here.

The cleric has been the easiest as far as self sufficiency. The Paladin didn't have as much difficulty because he did receive all of Grimborne's outgrown gear. I have run into some "would like to have rogue" isssues but nothing I haven't been able to overcome. There are some quests I cannot do and some I just haven't figured out yet. I have seen nowhere near all the content in the game but, for now, I'm ok with exploring at my own pace.

It'll be amusing someday if I ever try to PUG. They will think I'm the worst cleric ever. I don't know if they'll believe me when I say I've never been in a group before.

VonBek
12-04-2007, 10:11 PM

I hear ya! (http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff297/KonstantinVB/VonBekStealthyRepoElite-UNTweaked.jpg) (You can position some of the Witch Dr's with pulling techniques for safe lever tripping, too.)

And, soloing Splinterskull on hard with a (twinked) Ranger @ 6 made me feel pretty good. I learned a little bit from that.

sirgog
12-04-2007, 10:39 PM
Soloed normal Cabal for One, no recalling for mana, on a Sor14.

Soloed elite Litany of the Dead to quest completion (no optional, recalled for mana twice, died and released once)

Nightsun33
12-06-2007, 03:55 PM
Soloed Water Works with my lvl 3 Warforged Barb :)

KoboldKiller
12-06-2007, 03:58 PM
I soloed all of Water Works with my Level 2 Dex Ranger. Not sure if that counts but it made me happy.

Lillitheris
12-07-2007, 05:11 AM
Prison of the Planes (http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/4498/screenshot00601ec0.jpg) on Elite (http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/2933/screenshot00599fd3.jpg) :)

GuitarHero
12-07-2007, 08:20 AM
I soloed Sorrowdusk Island looking for a Dwarven Thrower. Got all my rares/explorer/slayer, but no thrower.

adamkatt
12-08-2007, 01:56 AM
I started off with a couple of bad builds up to about level 5-6ish. I twinked from them, so.... I didn't start with anything too good. Other than that it was all gear I picked up with Grimborne or at the AH. Its persistence more than anything. I did run a lot of stuff a few times.
My big break was at level 10 when I found a Str Tome. Sold it at the AH and was able to finance a few greater bane weapons. I could have used the str point but I needed cash more. I am usually able to keep 8-9k plat after financing wands and other consumables.

Stats w/ current gear:
Str 23
Dex 14
Con 14
Int 10
Wis 19
Cha 10
140hp, 820sp, 30ac, +19 to hit unbuffed

I did screw up a little in allocating some skill points. I'm not going to re-roll as it has taken me a long time to get here.

The cleric has been the easiest as far as self sufficiency. The Paladin didn't have as much difficulty because he did receive all of Grimborne's outgrown gear. I have run into some "would like to have rogue" isssues but nothing I haven't been able to overcome. There are some quests I cannot do and some I just haven't figured out yet. I have seen nowhere near all the content in the game but, for now, I'm ok with exploring at my own pace.

It'll be amusing someday if I ever try to PUG. They will think I'm the worst cleric ever. I don't know if they'll believe me when I say I've never been in a group before.

Once you get bb you can use explore areas gh/desert/orchard to cap. These will take time and can get boring but it will work :)

jjflanigan
12-09-2007, 09:37 AM
I soloed the Pit. But it wasn't with a pure soloist, it was with a level 11 twinked out character. If I can solo the Pit with a non-twinked pure soloist, I will consider that quite an accomplishment. Kinda the holy grail of my playing right now :)

You probably already know this, but I'll mention it anyway, one of the most powerful spells in this quest is invis. I managed to solo the pit at level 8 and the only reason was because invis seems to work REALLY well on the trog casters as well as the fire elementals. One 2-minute invis allowed me to get from the bottom of the furnace room all the way to pulling the lever up top without taking a point of damage (on all 3 furnaces).

Of course I didn't kill the avatar, but I did complete the entire quest. Key thing on furnace 3 with this tactic is to run to the back gust-wheel while invis and then run those mobs back around a pipe, that will give you enough time to go back and turn the wheel to shoot yourself up and re-invis before they see you.

Ron
12-09-2007, 08:57 PM
You probably already know this, but I'll mention it anyway, one of the most powerful spells in this quest is invis. I managed to solo the pit at level 8 and the only reason was because invis seems to work REALLY well on the trog casters as well as the fire elementals. One 2-minute invis allowed me to get from the bottom of the furnace room all the way to pulling the lever up top without taking a point of damage (on all 3 furnaces).

Of course I didn't kill the avatar, but I did complete the entire quest. Key thing on furnace 3 with this tactic is to run to the back gust-wheel while invis and then run those mobs back around a pipe, that will give you enough time to go back and turn the wheel to shoot yourself up and re-invis before they see you.

Thanks JJ, I'll give that a try some time. And double thanks for the vid you did on the subject as well, I'd never have made it through Furnace 3 without it :)

parvo
12-10-2007, 07:01 PM
I think Clerics make great solo'ers. So versatile. I'm not to keen on soloing permadeath but recently I solo'ed Catacombs on elite with my level seven Mortal Voyage Cleric. It wasn't really hard until the last fight where my +1 Ghost Touch club was barely enough to get it done. A few days later that character was surprised by three Large Earth Elementals. I thought they were Medium so I walked up to them without buffs. They spammed Earthgrab until I was meat.

Qzipoun
12-10-2007, 07:42 PM
I'd say my biggest solo achievement was Reaver Solo on my warforged wizard12/rogue2.

I rarely try to solo quests but the whole build idea for the character came to mind when I was trying to solo it with my pure str-based ranger (got to the puzzle room several times but no luck) and necro-specced sorcerer (beat it solo after many painful tries, and a little "cheese" ;)). I got the new character capped but never bothered to try what he was originally built for and it was nice to get it done on the first try :) (I was waiting for guildies to finish Titan prep :p).

That was last saturday so I'll probably try Hard then Elite when his timer is up, would be nice if I could get those first try too :)

Jondallar
12-12-2007, 01:15 PM
Solo'd Tempest Spine on my at the time (twinked) 12 - 9 paladin/3 rogue. Fire and Ice was tough, needed a bunch of SF/CK and WoF scrolls, would be tough doing it now as those resourcs are scarce. No Recalls

Clankenbeard
01-01-2008, 10:27 PM
My first and only real character is a semi-nerfed 13Cleric/1Wiz (for the warforged healing). I recently went on a couple solo benders just to see if I could do them:

Vault of Night 2 (normal)
Black Anvil Mines (normal) - all the time to mine ore for auction
The Spawn of Whisperdoom (normal) - Recall twice for mana
Prison of the Planes (normal) - Recall four times for mana (bit it once by the vampire for an unlucky save)

I don't play all that much and don't have a single +6 item. I have one piece of raid loot and have eaten one +1 tome. (Man, I really need to play more.) Anyways, the really refreshing thing about doing a quest solo is that you get to see what the developers put into the quest. As a cleric, you watch red and blue bars from the back a great deal and listen to people "doing" the quest. I have really enjoyed taking things slow by myself and figuring out each quest. It's a lot more like playing Dungeons&Dragons instead of Hack&Slash.

-Clanky

Club'in
01-14-2008, 01:39 PM
Soloed Tangleroot a couple days ago. Did the first five chapters on Elite. Was only able to open the last two on hard. The last two were level 8 quests, Hemmi's level. Pretty crazy! The war master ogre got me (his clerics held me), and the last boss killed me as well. But I had managed to open the shrines beforehand, so never had to recall. Had some real close calls by that bridge over the water. A couple times I was down there in the water (no potions, doh!) with 10 hit points or less, waiting for a ray of exhaustion to expire or whatnot, before charging up the ladder, speed boosting outta the area to heal up, then back at em. Learned real fast that you've got to get those clerics and other spell casters down first, usually with the Silver Bow. Good times. Didn't get the render visor, though. Booooo!

Hemmi's level 8. 6 levels of fighter, 2 levels of ranger. Those are the only ranger levels planned. I'm gonna do the rest as fighter. Dwarf, 32 point build. 13 intelligence so he was able to get Combat Expertise and Improved Trip at Level 1. Then took Power Attack, Cleave, and Great Cleave by level 4. Those were all fighter levels. Took ranger for both levels 5 and 6, giving me wand healing, two weapon fighting, undead favored enemy, the speed boost enhancement, bow strength and rapid shot, the ability to use energy resist wands (the 7th level resist wands are great, giving you 20 point resists that last 7 minutes). I took toughness at level 6. I think he's got his strength up to 24 with +4 gloves His native dex was 16. I traded for a dex tome and had him eat that, in anticipation of taking the advanced two weapon fighting feats in the near future (prerequisite of 17 dex). And his con is 16, so a +3 item and the dwarf con enhancement gets that up to 20 as well. He's taken the dwarven armor mastery and fighter armor mastery enhancements to allow him the extra dex bonuses to AC even while wearing full plate. And a couple toughness enhancements to pump up the HP's. And finally is also taking the dwarf and fighter strategic fighting enhancements to increase the DC's on his trips. Between his strength, Improved Trip, enhancements, etc. he's a tripping machine! Even tripped a giant the other day. Future fighter levels should get me Improved TWF and Greater TWF, Improved Crit Slashing, some Weapon Focus and Specialization feats, and around 26 strength.

Dirac
01-16-2008, 02:38 PM
Soloed Tangleroot a couple days ago. Did the first five chapters on Elite. Was only able to open the last two on hard. The last two were level 8 quests, Hemmi's level. Pretty crazy! The war master ogre got me (his clerics held me), and the last boss killed me as well. But I had managed to open the shrines beforehand, so never had to recall. Had some real close calls by that bridge over the water. A couple times I was down there in the water (no potions, doh!) with 10 hit points or less, waiting for a ray of exhaustion to expire or whatnot, before charging up the ladder, speed boosting outta the area to heal up, then back at em. Learned real fast that you've got to get those clerics and other spell casters down first, usually with the Silver Bow. Good times. Didn't get the render visor, though. Booooo!

Hemmi's level 8. 6 levels of fighter, 2 levels of ranger. Those are the only ranger levels planned. I'm gonna do the rest as fighter. Dwarf, 32 point build. 13 intelligence so he was able to get Combat Expertise and Improved Trip at Level 1. Then took Power Attack, Cleave, and Great Cleave by level 4. Those were all fighter levels. Took ranger for both levels 5 and 6, giving me wand healing, two weapon fighting, undead favored enemy, the speed boost enhancement, bow strength and rapid shot, the ability to use energy resist wands (the 7th level resist wands are great, giving you 20 point resists that last 7 minutes). I took toughness at level 6. I think he's got his strength up to 24 with +4 gloves His native dex was 16. I traded for a dex tome and had him eat that, in anticipation of taking the advanced two weapon fighting feats in the near future (prerequisite of 17 dex). And his con is 16, so a +3 item and the dwarf con enhancement gets that up to 20 as well. He's taken the dwarven armor mastery and fighter armor mastery enhancements to allow him the extra dex bonuses to AC even while wearing full plate. And a couple toughness enhancements to pump up the HP's. And finally is also taking the dwarf and fighter strategic fighting enhancements to increase the DC's on his trips. Between his strength, Improved Trip, enhancements, etc. he's a tripping machine! Even tripped a giant the other day. Future fighter levels should get me Improved TWF and Greater TWF, Improved Crit Slashing, some Weapon Focus and Specialization feats, and around 26 strength.

Congrats. Is this a solo-only character, or were you just happening to be soloing at this time?

Club'in
01-17-2008, 04:17 PM
Congrats. Is this a solo-only character, or were you just happening to be soloing at this time?

Thanks for the props.

Nope, this is one of the first things I've tried soloing with him. I just knew Thursday night is pretty slow with my other guildies, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. I originally did the first 4 chapters on elite to open up the House P buffs, and was doing okay so decided to see how far I could take it. The only healing he can do is wand whip and potions, so I figured it might be pretty risky. And sure enough, his main weakness (low wisdom) almost ruined the attempt. Elite actually might be easier if they stop casting hold person and instead use something like flame strike more! :D He's a pretty potent character, but I thought it'd be fun if he did have one chink in his armor. I've been trying to shore that up with enhancements (dwarven spell defense) and now the House P Owl's Wisdom buff.

xin1575
01-22-2008, 09:42 AM
Don't know if this counts, but I'm a new player without much knowledge of this game...but I solo'ed Kobold Assault on Normal with a Level 2 Ranger. It took me about 2 hours to complete, and I went through about 70 healing potions, and died twice (but resurrected from the shrines in the map). Mostly, I abused flawed AI (or Kobold intelligence) :)

Dirac
01-22-2008, 01:38 PM
Don't know if this counts, but I'm a new player without much knowledge of this game...but I solo'ed Kobold Assault on Normal with a Level 2 Ranger. It took me about 2 hours to complete, and I went through about 70 healing potions, and died twice (but resurrected from the shrines in the map). Mostly, I abused flawed AI (or Kobold intelligence) :)

LOL. Grats, at least for your persistence. :)

brianjr
01-22-2008, 03:00 PM

How does one get their soulstone to the shrine of they are soloing?

Ringos
01-23-2008, 12:15 AM
There are two res shrines in KA, so I imagine he just stayed within runnin' distance and rezed before the timer ran out. It's those indoor quests where the door shuts after a period of time that get ya!

brianjr
01-23-2008, 03:01 PM
learn something new every day.......
How does your spirit running to the shrine "move" your soulstone to the shrine?

btw.... not saying it can't be done, just asking how it happens. I was under the impression the soulstone was a physical object that could be picked up and it had to be placed on the shrine to activate it.

Oreg
01-23-2008, 03:07 PM
learn something new every day.......
How does your spirit running to the shrine "move" your soulstone to the shrine?

btw.... not saying it can't be done, just asking how it happens. I was under the impression the soulstone was a physical object that could be picked up and it had to be placed on the shrine to activate it.

Actually you have to click on the resurrection shrine in order to resurrect so regardless if your stone is there or if you can get there prior to the "out of range" timer expiring, you click on the shrine and you are resurrected.

MrCow
01-24-2008, 06:11 PM
Ok, soloed my way through (aka, didn't complete but got to the end of) The Twilight Forge. I'm happy. :)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a74/Ukenburger/Forum/ScreenShot00411.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a74/Ukenburger/Forum/ScreenShot00412.jpg

Kiranselie
01-24-2008, 06:25 PM
Solo'd TF up to the yellow/blue crystal interchange on my rogue, Then had to recall out to make the party a raid group, had to dead run the green side next time in. Oh well, thems the breaks sometimes.

brshelton
01-24-2008, 07:58 PM
Ok, soloed my way through (aka, didn't complete but got to the end of) The Twilight Forge. I'm happy. :)

wow nice job! gogo quickened reconstructs!!

sirgog
01-24-2008, 09:20 PM

Wow, amazing.

/me takes hat off

Was wanting to build a toon to try that out, but looks like you got there first.

Congratulations!

VonBek
01-31-2008, 12:18 PM
I'm sure I'm not the first - just amazed to pull this off...

click (http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff297/KonstantinVB/FreitagSTKNormSolo01.jpg)

Ironwind
01-31-2008, 12:53 PM
I solo'd Delera's from the 2nd quest through the necropolis with a lvl 7 rogue.

Club'in
02-06-2008, 01:19 PM
Nice one, VonBek. Pure ranger? He's one tough customer to try and beat down all by yourself.

VonBek
02-06-2008, 02:43 PM
Thanks, and Pure Ranger.

MrWizard
02-06-2008, 04:34 PM
Soloed invaders with my wiz back at cap 10, on elite. For me, that was an accomplishment. I also got to do it first, so that made it better.

I am going to try to solo running with devils today. At least on norm, with my 15 wiz. Hopefully get to be first on elite...lot of work though.

parvo
02-06-2008, 05:33 PM

We had a guy in Sublime solo it PD. He abused used the auction to buy and sell so he had pretty hot equipment.

MrCow
02-06-2008, 05:52 PM
I am going to try to solo running with devils today. At least on norm, with my 15 wiz. Hopefully get to be first on elite...lot of work though.

Sadly I have no proof, but I did Running with the Devils solo on my sorcerer on elite. Took a couple recalls, but once you get to the Ancient Elements of Air its fairly easy to mow through the rest of the quest (until you get to the end devils). Charmed Elemental + Cloudkill = dead eladrin. :D

MrCow
02-07-2008, 06:33 PM
Ah, here we go, Coalescence Chamber on Elite, no recalling for SP with a discreet bonus to boot:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a74/Ukenburger/ScreenShot00456.jpg

I love being a Warforged Sorcerer. :D

Shade
02-07-2008, 07:08 PM
wow nice job, 100 kills and descreet bonus in 34min.

When I did that quest (wasnt solo) we had I think 550 kills, onslaught bonus, in 55min, was a pretty fun run.

brshelton
02-07-2008, 08:22 PM
Ah, here we go, Coalescence Chamber on Elite, no recalling for SP with a discreet bonus to boot:

lies misadventure was there!!

adamkatt
02-11-2008, 06:44 PM

Nice one Cow!

MrCow
02-11-2008, 10:03 PM
Edit: Running with the Devils, elite, no recalls (but 1200 worth of SP potions were consumed).

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a74/Ukenburger/Forum/ScreenShot00476.jpg

Vhlad
02-12-2008, 03:55 PM
When are you going to solo the abbot?

:p:p:p:p:p:p

MrCow
02-12-2008, 05:45 PM
When are you going to solo the abbot?

The same day I solo the current Demon Queen? :p

brianjr
02-21-2008, 10:01 AM
I've gotten a second solo only character to 11. He's my pali. Things sure slow down from 9 through 10 when you are by yourself. I'm currently working on a solo wizard. Managed to get to 5 very easily so far.

Shade
02-21-2008, 11:41 AM
The same day I solo the current Demon Queen? :p

hehe DQ is actually quite doable.. Just firewall + jump off the edge while she burns, she doesn't move if you jump off.

Abbot ya can't cuz puzzles are not accessbiel without 6 people minimum.

jjflanigan
02-21-2008, 11:02 PM
Not really impressive, but I was happy with the run having used 0 mana pots and no recalls for spell points -- mainly because I can never get all 3 chests when I pug it!

http://perfectweb.org/images/ddo/sleeping_dust.jpg

Xyfiel
03-06-2008, 02:13 AM
Rainbow Normal(didn't see mention of it being done yet)
Reentry was due to getting stoned by the very last scorp before the puzzle, saving with 17 hps left, running to use a heal scroll, right into the fire ele trap. Ressing in Meridia added 5 or so mins. Stupid mistake. Didn't do beholder till after.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w215/Xyfiel/ScreenShot00014.jpg

lasac
03-10-2008, 11:27 AM
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii137/miles31986/ScreenShot00163.jpg

Got bored so here is me soloing Devil Assault Elite on my cleric!

Alexander_Illusioni
03-10-2008, 03:34 PM

Ahhh.........but the real question is, did you do it NAKED? :D Nice job Lasac!

lasac
03-10-2008, 04:06 PM
Ahhh.........but the real question is, did you do it NAKED? :D Nice job Lasac!

haha nah man didnt want to try it yet naked but maybe next time :)

Dirac
03-14-2008, 12:38 PM
Nice job, Lasic. May I ask what you did? Any special strategy?

Oreg
03-14-2008, 12:40 PM
haha nah man didnt want to try it yet naked but maybe next time :)

That is one of the more impressive things i have seen - Congratulations!

Theboz
03-14-2008, 12:44 PM
Rainbow in the dark-Cleric
Invaders-ranger(30 minutes)
Purge of the fallen shrine(elite)8 minutes, killing everything-Cleric
ATDQ-ranger

and some others I cant remember atm

lasac
03-14-2008, 01:51 PM
Nice job, Lasic. May I ask what you did? Any special strategy?

Well part 1 was a breeze i used BB and used some of those summon earth eles from shroud to grab some agro outside BB so i didnt have everything at once. The Wave 4 boss was a ***** because he has evasion so i had to fight him which took 5-10 min lol other than that straight BB, fighting, and a few comets.

Also im a dwarf cleric so had some HP to take the hits.

KatanAztar
03-14-2008, 09:02 PM
Well part 1 was a breeze i used BB and used some of those summon earth eles from shroud to grab some agro outside BB so i didnt have everything at once. The Wave 4 boss was a ***** because he has evasion so i had to fight him which took 5-10 min lol other than that straight BB, fighting, and a few comets.

Also im a dwarf cleric so had some HP to take the hits.

Nice job Lasic :cool:

MrCow
03-14-2008, 09:36 PM
Because its the last Vale quest (not including The Shroud) lacking screenshot proof of being soloed.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a74/Ukenburger/Forum/ScreenShot00493.jpg

nbhs275
03-14-2008, 09:36 PM
The orders of the colored barriers are as follows:

Red, purple, blue, yellow, green (really close to that order).

1) Go through purple tunnel, get red crystal there (you do NOT have to destroy your purple crystal to do so).
2) Run through last half of blue tunnel to get to golem room (here's where massive HP or quickened heal or reconstruct comes into play)
3) Defeat golems, use purp and red crystals, ddoor to entrance
4) Run back through purple, grab a blue stone, use it on the barrier, ddoor back to entrance
5) Grab green crystal, solve puzzle using ddoor at least until you can get the yellow crystal, ddoor to entrance.
6) Grab purple crystal, run through purple tunnel, then the last half of the blue tunnel, use yellow crystal on barrier, ddoor back to entrance.
7) Grab green crystal, finish solving puzzle, grab blue crystal, run down entire blue hallway and use green crystal on the barrier.

My cleric has no problem running through the blue tunnel without a crystal... but he has no ddoor. My ranger and sorc can't heal themselves fast enough. My barb doesn't have enough hit points, and doesn't have ddoor. However... a high UMD cleric with some ddoor scrolls could do it, or a character with the Dragonmark of passage, or perhaps an arcane WF.

Note: this is not a solo completion of TF... it is a solo "get through TF".

If I get enough people betting against me that this is impossible, I will actually take the time to make a character for it. However, since I have laid it out so nicely, I doubt anyone will be willing to bet against me :)

Just noticed, you dont need DD, just recall multiple times. Takes a little longer, but same effect.

ace_mason
03-23-2008, 06:51 PM
To date I am the only cleric i know of that has accomplished this.I was lvl 14
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r272/ace_mason18/ScreenShot00044.jpg

Strakeln
03-23-2008, 07:08 PM
Soulshaker from Khyber did it on his cleric, I think. No idea who did it first.

nbhs275
03-23-2008, 09:22 PM

Yea, i have soloed it on my cleric, but my PC refuses to take SS for some reason. no proof :( . I did it purely melee for the reaver, no BB. Can also solo him on my ranger on normal, pretty easy.

MrCow
05-19-2008, 01:42 AM
Its a bittersweet victory, but I have another raid boss to add under my soloing belt (finally). The only expendables used were 6 reconstructions scrolls and a scroll of create undead (so she wouldn't bug out).

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a74/Ukenburger/ScreenShot00522.jpg

I guess I get to eat those words I made to Vhlad earlier about attempting to solo the Abbot somehow now... :p

Inspire
05-19-2008, 02:23 AM
Soloed The Reaver On My Ranger On Normal And Hard, Lvl 14, Elite I Couldnt Kill The Air Elementals Quick Enough To Do The Puzzle, Failed 3x On The Puzzle Part(Not The Actual Puzzle But Being Knocked Around While Doing It) Then Gave Up.

Vinne
05-20-2008, 06:32 PM
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh214/swiftivan/ScreenShot00023.jpg

Vaypor
05-21-2008, 05:43 AM
Solo'd the pit (I know it's been done), with my rogue lvl 15, and sorc lvl 11. Sorc had much easier time (my first caster and sorc's rock). No recalls, on norm, used shrines multiple times. None of my characters is uber, or has uber gear, and I'm a casual gamer, so for me, this is an accomplishment. Been lookin for muck doom for 1 1/2 years, never seen one drop while solo, or in a party. Must be an urban legend.

For all those who don't like the pit bacause it's so confusing, I used to think that way, but after soloing it a few times (and yes, I still take wrong turns, I'm directionally challenged), it's not really that bad, at least on norm.

BlackSteel
05-21-2008, 05:55 AM
chains, wiz king, and blood all on normal with a 14 barb

sometimes its quicker than waiting on someone else to join ;)

Twerpp
05-21-2008, 06:28 AM
I think thats the coolest solo Ive ever seen.

unionyes
05-21-2008, 10:19 AM
with a caster
Litany of the Dead elite through Vol.
Wizard King Elite
Chains of Flame Elite
Offering of Blood
POP
Reaver's Fate

Fallen Shrine normal, Tombs of Rahmat and the other guy Elite, and BAM Normal, all with a thief.

I have wanted to solo POP, but always figured that you couldn't hit the switches to activate the rooms and then kill stuff inside while you were outside, if you take my meaning.

How do ya do it?

baylensman
05-21-2008, 10:42 AM
storm cleave on normal with a level 7 dwarf barb. Only one death near the shrine. No optionals, tons of pots though.

Samadhi
05-21-2008, 10:46 AM
WW part 4 on norm with a level 3 sorc/barb - not that impressive - but the 0 min completion time amused me to no end :D

RazorrX
05-21-2008, 10:54 AM
Not that uber a guy, but I guess my greatest solos (ones I felt were cool for me) were:

1) Soloed Stealthy Repo with a level 3 untwinked 28 pt halfling rogue on hard at level 3 (then on elite at level 5)

2) Soloed WW with an untwinked level 4 elf ranger (32pt) - He did have the sword of pain that he pulled and goldscuttle was nice enough to give ma reptile bane longsword for an icon i found in Low Road.

3) Soloed Gwylans Stand with the above halfing Rogue when he was 9th. Took him through depths on hard solo right after (died a couple of times there, but did do them all).

Ughh
05-21-2008, 11:14 AM
way back at level 10 cap, ughhina barbarian with around 650 hps at the time lol ....a ton of heal pots and stormcleave elite solo. I know, not much for you casters, but that end fight and the undead at Pi'ous were both NASTY on solo. Managed to finish it and only use like (enter way too many) or so heal pots LOL...go barbarians :)

Strakeln
05-21-2008, 11:43 AM
chains, wiz king, and blood all on normal with a 14 barb

sometimes its quicker than waiting on someone else to join ;)I'll raise you one DQ1 and one DQ2.

Build was Barb 12/ftr 2 though.

MrCow
05-22-2008, 12:23 AM
I have wanted to solo POP, but always figured that you couldn't hit the switches to activate the rooms and then kill stuff inside while you were outside, if you take my meaning.

How do ya do it?

Considering MrCow recently got Fraps MrCow can now show you how (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHfS8T6z2ZM).

During that time I am running at the door siding I am continuously running forward and spamming the "use" button until it connects with the lever. It takes some practice, but its doable.

MrCow
07-28-2008, 07:08 PM
For quite a while I thought Ghosts of Perdition was not soloable due to the two brothers. But, now I proved myself wrong. Fun times. :D

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a74/Ukenburger/Forum/ScreenShot00619.jpg

PurdueDave
10-26-2008, 05:44 PM
I've been soloing a cleric, mainly to take my time and check out the new quests since I left.

So far I'm most proud of Gwylan's at level 7, lightly twinked.

On a side note, there is a TON of low-level content but the random chest loot blows chunks. It wouldn't kill the game to maybe bump those up a bit. That chest at the end of Proof is in the Poison on hard was insulting.

Angelus_dead
10-26-2008, 06:06 PM
For quite a while I thought Ghosts of Perdition was not soloable due to the two brothers. But, now I proved myself wrong. Fun times.
Funny, because sorcs have been soloing those two guys almost since mod5 came out. But of course, when they reach the boss they find he's immune to their best lingering AOE damage, so they take a long slow time to win, if at all.

Heels
10-28-2008, 07:13 AM
All of these are on a non-twinked, solo-only WF sorcerer. I feel most of these are pretty decent solo'ing accomplishments due to the level they were solo'd at, and the fact that the character is not a twink or a grouper :)

Level 1 : Rare Scrolls Elite
Level 2 : Bringing the Light, Elite / A Matter of Protection, Elite
Level 3 : All parts of WW quest, Normal, Waterworks and Cerulean hills outdoor areas totally cleared.
Level 4 : Information is key, Elite / Tangleroot Explorers and Rares done
Level 5 : Tangleroot Slayers done
Level 6 : Depths of Darkness/Despair/Doom all on elite
Level 8 : STK, Elite / Kobold Assault, Elite / Catacombs series, Elite
Level 9 : Ataraxia's Haven and Sands of Menechtarun rares/explorers all done
Level 10: Gianthold and Orchard of the Macabre rares/explorers all done
Level 11: Co6 full series, Hard
Level 12: Co6 full series, Elite

So far I have only gotten to level 12 with him and gotten around 1,000 favor. These I think are his best accomplishments.

MrCow
11-02-2008, 01:50 PM
Monastery of the Scorpion soloed on elite. Yay! :)

I took one death near the tile puzzle just before the air jets because a scorpion pinned me in against the wall-like thing near it. Other than that I didn't have to recall for SP or use any major mnemonics. The only consumables I did use were 18 reconstruction scrolls and 2 charges of Cure Serious Wounds. I also had to lock 3 tiles before the puzzle was solvable. Regardless, I'm content.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a74/Ukenburger/Forum/ScreenShot00025.jpg

nbhs275
11-02-2008, 08:08 PM
Monastery of the Scorpion soloed on elite. Yay! :)

I took one death near the tile puzzle just before the air jets because a scorpion pinned me in against the wall-like thing near it. Other than that I didn't have to recall for SP or use any major mnemonics. The only consumables I did use were 18 reconstruction scrolls and 2 charges of Cure Serious Wounds. I also had to lock 3 tiles before the puzzle was solvable. Regardless, I'm content.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a74/Ukenburger/Forum/ScreenShot00025.jpg

/emote Golfclap

Very impressive. What method did you use to deal with the trash in here? round up AoE or petting?

MrCow
11-03-2008, 09:39 AM
What method did you use to deal with the trash in here?

The trash stayed alive and chased me the entire time. Considering they move at a slower speed than Sannyasi, yet seem to get in front of Sannyasi a lot, they slowed things down enough to give me some time to look at the puzzle from the very top of the ramp. After several tries of quickly trying to find a solution (after locking the 3 tiles needed) I would hop down from the top and try to hit the needed tiles in time before the trash walked all over it.

Besides, if you kill the trash monsters then it will make your life rougher as some of them (like the drow priest) spawns on the puzzle itself when they come back).

MrCow
11-09-2008, 09:30 AM
I feel achieved! I finally got the big hunk of livewood down solo. :D

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a74/Ukenburger/Forum/ScreenShot00035.jpg

ddodevil
11-09-2008, 11:02 AM
congrats!! I wanna feel that too :D

Angelus_dead
11-09-2008, 11:02 AM
I feel achieved! I finally got the big hunk of livewood down solo.
Chopped with disint on the lowers?

Ghoste
11-09-2008, 11:05 AM
I feel achieved! I finally got the big hunk of livewood down solo. :D

Very nice!

MrCow
11-09-2008, 01:13 PM
Chopped with disint on the lowers?

Nope, returning darts were what I used to drop pillars from the tops.

rayflo
05-05-2009, 06:52 PM

nope you lied you had help from misadventure :P

MrCow
09-20-2009, 09:22 PM
No one has a soloing picture of Genesis Point yet, so I figured I'd plop one up.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a74/Ukenburger/Forum/ScreenShot00039.jpg

In its current state, a hireling is needed in the control room (south) to hit one of the maze buttons.

exarkun
09-20-2009, 10:10 PM
No one has a soloing picture of Genesis Point yet, so I figured I'd plop one up.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a74/Ukenburger/Forum/ScreenShot00039.jpg

In its current state, a hireling is needed in the control room (south) to hit one of the maze buttons.

ok I spent about 1hr trying to find a way to get the hireling to do that, but could not from down in the maze. Please let me know how you did that GP is the only one I have not been able to solo out of the new ones just because of this issue. I cant target the control from the maze.

Nice to know you can do it though nice job.

MrCow
09-21-2009, 02:01 AM
ok I spent about 1hr trying to find a way to get the hireling to do that, but could not from down in the maze. Please let me know how you did that

My method of getting the maze done:

Clear Genesis Point so that only the maze remains.
Summon hireling at the entrance and tell them to stay, passively.
Go to the southern control room and hit the third wheel valve.
Make sure the southern control room is clear of wandering orthons.
Beckon the hireling to you.
Make the hireling invisible and order them to stay in the southern control room.
Navigate down to the maze, entering from the eastern side.
Get to the blue barrier to the center.
Make sure you have line of sight to the southern control room. If not, move around a bit until you do.
Tab-target the first wheel valve and have the hireling use it.

exarkun
09-21-2009, 11:20 AM

Make the hireling invisible and order them to stay in the southern control room.
Make sure you have line of sight to the southern control room. If not, move around a bit until you do.

ok nice I actually did this very close to you using a scroll of invis so the NPC dose not get attacked but i could not tab the valves is this somthing you need to set up in options? being able to tab stuff. When I tab it dose not cycle through switches for me. Other than that i did exactly what you did when i tried this a while ago.

balidet
09-25-2009, 07:45 PM
http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz237/wiquid/ScreenShot00036.jpg

ddoer
10-15-2009, 11:34 AM

hi, anyone has tried the hiring method again in the current patch. I'm not able to find the spot to tab the any valve near the blue gate or in anywhere in the maze.

remarks: if the spot is near the blue gate to the center, we could use the 2nd valve and enter from the west.

MrCow
10-15-2009, 01:18 PM
hi, anyone has tried the hiring method again in the current patch. I'm not able to find the spot to tab the any valve near the blue gate or in anywhere in the maze.

Is your draw distance set high enough to render the valves, allowing you to target them from afar?