PDA

View Full Version : Where Have You Gone

Durak_the_Great
11-29-2007, 12:29 PM
I started this game back at head start and started my guild "THE DWARVEN DEFENDERS" shortly after launch. We were a young guild in the days when no one was over level 7 except a few members of Onslaught. Everything was fresh. We never were a huge guild but everyone on Reidra knew us. From our bar room dancing to our troop of dwarves standing outside of the dragon when she first came out. The big guilds never complained having a Dwarven Defender in their party. Baelketh, Solient, Xaldarin, Delard, Cerberus, Grummice, Theok, Throrin, Guzzle, Durso, Cal, Wisdom, Gerkar, Goshins, Salinias, where are you guys who were around when there was no Undwarven Defenders. When we were all just dwarves trying to have a good time and faithfully going to our Sunday night meeting.

Now the game has changed my friends list doesnt turn green anymore. I was talking to a long time friend today who through back all kinds of names of people who have built this game. People that used to farm Threnal for the end item. Pulled my first +3 holy longsword off of that guy. Best weapon I'd ever seen. The fact is where are all the old Riedraians, did our server die literally. I don't see anyone on anymore. Is our game dieing?

Rhadamathys
11-29-2007, 12:50 PM
I believe that most of them transfered to a different server...I could be wrong, but I do know a big group of Riedra's went to the server that starts with T

Jket
11-29-2007, 02:23 PM
I am still here not proud. :p. As my life keeps changing my interest in games grows shorter... with school,work,girlfriend,friends its hard to find time and when i do find that time its spent exceeding the time i should be on, because i should be out doing other activities... But pretty much i play with the same group of people... I always play with riedrans pretyt much still.. I consider playing with the other servers pugging. ;). Jp, anyways.. I mainly play with Elite Raiders, Dwarven Defenders and ofcourse Ransack.

Lazarus
11-29-2007, 03:23 PM
i'm still here bro just busy working alot through the holidays.

DarKStorM
11-29-2007, 03:41 PM
Im still here Durak. I am just running different characters. Tahlaer and Athrogate got deleted and re-rolled a long time ago. Tahl is a level 3 bard, and Athro is a level 5 paladin. Neither of them get much play time now days. I am on Either Slagathor, Naryssa, Malgrimm, or my most recent powerleveled character, Erral.

Jket
11-29-2007, 03:44 PM
I Proposed a Riedra Guild... but everyone was too stubborn to give up their "precious" guild names.... guess people's egos are too big in a game. :rolleyes:

Svetelana
11-29-2007, 04:02 PM
I'm here, I'm here!!!

Well kinda.....lol

Ghost_Aeon
11-29-2007, 04:17 PM
I remember running with the Defenders. Some of the best times I ever had. Haven't really seen them around much lately now that the servers have merged, even after taking a 6 month break I expected to see some floating around from time to time, maybe I'm just looking in the wrong spot.

Ninety
11-29-2007, 07:24 PM
I'm a constant pug Dwarven Defender... I rarely get in the guild groups for some reason or another.

kingzero
11-29-2007, 07:33 PM
We're still around kicking....

you might have to look for us, but the Dwarven Defenders will never fade away

Durak_the_Great
11-29-2007, 08:34 PM
Ill group with you ninety

Everart67
11-30-2007, 12:35 PM
I play late at night now but I see some of Dwarven Defenders on I still like to group with them when I can. Look me up any time.

Strakeln
11-30-2007, 01:13 PM
But pretty much i play with the same group of people... I always play with riedrans pretyt much still.. I consider playing with the other servers pugging. ;). JpFunny you mention this... I tend to run almost exclusively with Riedrans too, although it is not an intentional thing. All this time after the merge, and 90% of the guild tags in groups I am in read as follows: Elite Raiders, Zergers Anon, Ransack, Dwarven/Undwarven Defenders, Soverign Blades, Holy Warriors, Guildless Guild. Weird.

Durak_the_Great
11-30-2007, 01:24 PM
Because we were a small server with some extemly talented players

Talish
11-30-2007, 08:42 PM
Some of us are still here but like me have retired their mains and play with new characters or only play a few hours a week now.

My main has retired, Mythe hasn't been played in a while (My newbie helper). On Riedra Mythe was well known. She sat day after day in the wavecrest helping newcomers. Many a guild donated plat and items to her to pass out to others who needed it. They knew they could count on her to pass it to those in need but after the server merge all that stopped. So she has been retired since I cannot afford her upkeep on my own, well now that I think about it I've got a few plat saved up again maybe I'll bring her out.

Although I don't think I have ever met you Durak I do miss seeing Baelketh pop up on my friends list. I met him his first day here and taught him the basics.. hehe ... I never did get to play with him when his character grew up but he was one of Mythe's biggest supporters and very generous often checking with me through tells to see how the "young ones" were coming along. If you see him tell him he still owes Mythe a round in a dungeon and he can't leave till he does ;)

Jket I remember you trying to start that guild. Heart of Riedra I believe it was called.. too bad it didn't take off.

The Unsung Heroes have been around since just after launch as well, I still have several founders in guild but even they seem to be playing less and less. Let's hope mod 6 will bring some of them back !!!

Strakeln
11-30-2007, 11:11 PM
I saw Bael running around a week or so ago...?

kingzero
12-01-2007, 12:10 AM
I saw Bael running around a week or so ago...?

It is that time of the year again, with all the family gatherings and what not...there are more important things in life. That and sometimes you just need a break.

Baelketh and a few others from the Dwarven Defenders are working on promotions, working overtime to pay for the Christmas season, etc.

Guys like Bael will never quit the game, he will be around until the collapse of DDO always willing to lend a hand to the new comers.

@Talish

Bring her out. I would be more than willing to help in the efforts of rolling out the welcome mat for people new to Khyber and new to the game. Thats what keeps me around, always willing to help out someone new...we were all new to this game at one time...so it helps to have a "mentor" of sorts to help you level your character, pay for goods, etc.

Catch me on sometime, read the alts in the sig line.

Strakeln
12-01-2007, 12:29 AM
My main has retired, Mythe hasn't been played in a while (My newbie helper). On Riedra Mythe was well known. She sat day after day in the wavecrest helping newcomers. Many a guild donated plat and items to her to pass out to others who needed it. They knew they could count on her to pass it to those in need but after the server merge all that stopped. So she has been retired since I cannot afford her upkeep on my own, well now that I think about it I've got a few plat saved up again maybe I'll bring her out.Interested in a sponsorship arrangement with Qwijymart? Today's newbies are tomorrow's customers... :)

Talish
12-01-2007, 12:37 PM
It is that time of the year again, with all the family gatherings and what not...there are more important things in life. That and sometimes you just need a break.

Baelketh and a few others from the Dwarven Defenders are working on promotions, working overtime to pay for the Christmas season, etc.

Guys like Bael will never quit the game, he will be around until the collapse of DDO always willing to lend a hand to the new comers.

Good then Baelketh will be here for a good long time. I'll watch for him in the new year.

It was he who made me realize how important Mythe was at the time. I met him when he was brand new to the game.. fresh off the boat so to speak and very unsure of what he was doing. I grouped with him, showed him through the Goodblades and taught him much of the interface, blocking, shrine usage etc. you know all the basics.

Several months later he sent me a tell inquiring as to why i was still level 1. I explained that Mythe was there to help others new to the game as I had helped him. He then thanked me for the help all those months ago and stated that it helped him decide to stay with the game. I had apparently made his first day quite enjoyable. Words like that always bring a smile to a lady's heart. :)

He then went further and became the first person to donate plat and items to Mythe. At the time Mythe had no access to marketplace and was unable to buy +1 items so he also arranged to pass me shields etc., items that newcomers could use and appreciate. The auction/mail did not exist at that time so he'd run to the Wavecrest and pass things to me. He was the first but not the last to be so kind.

The Dwarven Defenders are very lucky to have Baelketh as a guild mate. He is a very kind and generous person and great fun as well. Treasure him because if I ever get the chance I'll steal him away from you. ;)

Talish
12-01-2007, 12:51 PM
Kingzero and Strakeln,

I think perhaps I will bring out Mythe this week and see how she does. I'll start with this afternoon. One of the reasons I stopped playing her was because of the cost but there was another...

You see she used to spend 3-4 days a week at the Wavecrest. As a level 1 cleric she'd cast heals and dv's, answer questions, pass out equipment and run lvl 1 quests with newcomers. Unfortunately being at the Wavecrest so often made her the target of idiots. A few assumed that since she was there all the time, she must have been the one who ratted them out about plat selling/buying etc. She was harrassed by several players to the point that I retired her. It didn't matter what I said to them they had decided that she was the one and that was that. It made trying to help people out quite the chore and very unpleasant.

Time has passed since then. I'll give it a try. Please don't send anything to her at the moment until I decide if I am going to keep her out of retirement. I'll send her some plat that she can stock up with. Several players in the past dragged her through waterworks and other quests so she could gain marketplace access and an extra backpack slot so I will be able to equip the basic equipment on her. I'll decide in a few days if I will permanently return her to the Wavecrest or retire her again. Add Mythe to your friends if you wish to contact me please.

AND you can always stop by the Wavecrest for an ale. Newcomers are forever bringing it up from the basement so there is lots to drink. :D

kingzero
12-01-2007, 03:26 PM
Good then Baelketh will be here for a good long time. I'll watch for him in the new year.

It was he who made me realize how important Mythe was at the time. I met him when he was brand new to the game.. fresh off the boat so to speak and very unsure of what he was doing. I grouped with him, showed him through the Goodblades and taught him much of the interface, blocking, shrine usage etc. you know all the basics.

Several months later he sent me a tell inquiring as to why i was still level 1. I explained that Mythe was there to help others new to the game as I had helped him. He then thanked me for the help all those months ago and stated that it helped him decide to stay with the game. I had apparently made his first day quite enjoyable. Words like that always bring a smile to a lady's heart. :)

He then went further and became the first person to donate plat and items to Mythe. At the time Mythe had no access to marketplace and was unable to buy +1 items so he also arranged to pass me shields etc., items that newcomers could use and appreciate. The auction/mail did not exist at that time so he'd run to the Wavecrest and pass things to me. He was the first but not the last to be so kind.

The Dwarven Defenders are very lucky to have Baelketh as a guild mate. He is a very kind and generous person and great fun as well. Treasure him because if I ever get the chance I'll steal him away from you. ;)

Bael is as good as it gets here. He's helped me shape and form my clerics from the ground up, taught me quite a few things and helped me out along the way with gear, plat, etc.

He'll be back like I said before though, and I'll make sure to let him know about this post. :)

jorg_cordeiro
01-06-2008, 10:53 PM
I salute the DD. Great players and great attitudes. Your name will always be great in my book.

Dimz
01-06-2008, 11:10 PM
I salute the DD. Great players and great attitudes. Your name will always be great in my book.

when are you coming back Mr!?

ateknogod
01-07-2008, 01:56 PM
I am still here not proud. :p. As my life keeps changing my interest in games grows shorter... with school,work,girlfriend,friends its hard to find time and when i do find that time its spent exceeding the time i should be on, because i should be out doing other activities... But pretty much i play with the same group of people... I always play with riedrans pretyt much still.. I consider playing with the other servers pugging. ;). Jp, anyways.. I mainly play with Elite Raiders, Dwarven Defenders and ofcourse Ransack.

thats a very false statement. lol, u are on as much as me, and thats a fairly sad statement. seriously though, its great running with u.

durak .... seriously, i remember running a chains with dorf defenders (and you personally) on my cleric(Dazz) WAY back in the day. you had me SO frustrated for zerging around. i was angry at the time, but now i wonder how i could ever run a quest and not zerg. was good times :)

Durak_the_Great
01-07-2008, 03:02 PM
Lol thats funny a couple people said I am the grandfather of zerging. I do admit I have done my fair share.

Vizzini
01-07-2008, 03:07 PM
Not a "Dwarven Defender" but here in empathy for a long standing Reidra guild - Many good friends were lost in the merger, it's but a fact that can't be refuted. Turbine hasn't exactly made it so people want to stick around either, so there's always that going against you as well.

where are you guys who were around when there was no Undwarven Defenders. When we were all just dwarves trying to have a good time and faithfully going to our Sunday night meeting.

Now the game has changed my friends list doesnt turn green anymore.

Lufia
01-08-2008, 12:36 PM
Because we were a small server with some extemly talented players

Couldnt agree with you more!

enlightndone
01-08-2008, 07:15 PM
I played with those people. My little guilds are both pretty much empty. But I'm still here..trying to find people to play with.
:)

Dark-Star
01-09-2008, 01:30 PM
This is the best MMO out there in a lot of people's opnions. Many, like myself, have tried most of the others and keep coming back. Ransack saw half a dozen quality old school players return after the holidays, so hopefully that trend continues for the server as a whole with the release of mod 6.

New blood is good (and needed), but I am not sure that 30 days free for referring someone is much incentive. Giving in game items could work, but would probably cause some uproar among the masses. What if we gave a free character slot for the first person referred, and one additional slot for every three people referred thereafter? Wouldn't impact the game, and it would be more of an incentive to many of us that a free month of play, while at the same time allowing us to roll a new toon with said new referral.

A bit off original topic but... /salute Dwarven Defenders. You guys need to track down Hyperactive/Lysdexic/Psycho Exgirlfriend and bring him out of retirement. One of the most enjoyable players to group with back in the day.