PDA

View Full Version : What DDO needs to add as a free service

bnrilfun
11-29-2007, 10:13 AM
What I would really like to see for the Holidays added as a permanent feature is the ability to take your characters as they are and export them to a Character sheet that could be useable in the Pen and Paper. It would be even greater if you could post them on a website as a page in which you could view the item stats, and such.

Also if you could include the List of accomplishments such as Favor, and what quests have been completed where.

First I think people would love to see how thier toon would perform in PnP. Granted some things dont transalte 100% such as spells, but the base stats do oh and granted that DDO is slightly on the Monty Haul side of things I mean how often can you create a level 1 in PNP and twink him with +1 stat tomes. :D

Second, I would love this feature, because then I could see other people's configurations and compare and see if maybe I need to change something around that may make my toons better.

Thirdly, I think it would be kewl to see your toon in full color on a website so you can brag about what you have done.

I know that this would not be too terribly hard, as basically you are pulling the data from a character database and putting it into a format that includes graphics you have already created for ingame use.

What are your thoughts on this?

Mercules
11-29-2007, 10:21 AM
What I would really like to see for the Holidays added as a permanent feature is the ability to take your characters as they are and export them to a Character sheet that could be useable in the Pen and Paper. It would be even greater if you could post them on a website as a page in which you could view the item stats, and such.

Also if you could include the List of accomplishments such as Favor, and what quests have been completed where.

First I think people would love to see how thier toon would perform in PnP. Granted some things dont transalte 100% such as spells, but the base stats do oh and granted that DDO is slightly on the Monty Haul side of things I mean how often can you create a level 1 in PNP and twink him with +1 stat tomes. :D

Second, I would love this feature, because then I could see other people's configurations and compare and see if maybe I need to change something around that may make my toons better.

Thirdly, I think it would be kewl to see your toon in full color on a website so you can brag about what you have done.

I know that this would not be too terribly hard, as basically you are pulling the data from a character database and putting it into a format that includes graphics you have already created for ingame use.

What are your thoughts on this?

You used the word "kewl" need I say more?

Fine... Having a way to export the data to a file that could be viewed or turned into HTML format would be a nice feature. I would never use a DDO character in a PnP campaign, they would be horribly unprepared and gimp. For an example I offer:

http://llbbl.com/data/RPG-motivational/images/dumpstats.jpg

Lorien_the_First_One
11-29-2007, 10:24 AM
I think exporting into the standard WOTC template for 3.5 chars would be great. It would help with both planning and inventory management.

Impaqt
11-29-2007, 10:26 AM
Nice Link.....

There isnt a DM alive that would allow one of our characters in the PnP Campaign.

While I think the Export feature would be awesome, the PnP and "Bragging" parts are unnecessary......

I'l really like to be able to browse my gear offline, Would asist in updating my trade lists, and allow me to test different combonations when I'm not in game.

skyking613
11-29-2007, 10:31 AM
I think it would be Hella Kewl :D to see your toons stats/items/xp/favor/quest completion on a player web page. Kind of like HLXstats for CS and such. OH OH OH and everyone could be ranked too. Then you could really see if your UBER or not. Wow I've been playing too much CSS and TF2:(

Alavatar
11-29-2007, 11:00 AM
Would enhancements from action points convert to PnP?

moorewr
11-29-2007, 11:07 AM
I would love to be able to view my inventory, skills, enhancements, and stats offline.

In-gane, I'd also like to be able to view my inventory the same way I do when I am selling to a vendor. I always lose stuff.

Would enhancements from action points convert to PnP?

There's no even near-equivalent I know of except Prestige Classes.
Watch 4th Edition news, though. Who knows?

Mercules
11-29-2007, 12:39 PM
In-game, I'd also like to be able to view my inventory the same way I do when I am selling to a vendor. I always lose stuff.

I know... I can't count the number of times I hit a vendor and notice an item that was just "lost" in my inventory and then have to go screen by screen to try and find said item. At times I will scan all of my equipped items and then unlock all of my non-equipped items and then go to a vendor just to see what I have floating in my inventory. Sometimes I'll have something like a +1 Pure Good weapon locked because I wanted to save it as a hand-me-down and forgot about it mixed in there with my 5 other weapons of the same sort.

Griphon
12-02-2007, 06:11 AM
No offense meant..

But this would be a silly idea to anybody who actually played D&D pnp and DDO.
While DDO is based on PnP D&D they're wildly different in too many significant areas for a DDO character to make sense in PnP.

Havok34
12-02-2007, 01:45 PM
I would like the feature to be able to export the character information to some other format. Not for PnP, none of mine would be accepted by any PnP DM.

Mainly so I can see what I have without having to manually write everything down.

It would be a nice feature in my opinion.

bnrilfun
12-03-2007, 09:42 AM
Even if you dont want it for PnP playing it would be handy for all the other reasons. Inventory Management, stat comparison, enhancement comparison, etc.