PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary Gifts

Dumluck
11-27-2007, 01:03 AM
The only other on line game I have played was ultima online. Ultima would give out unique 1 year, 2 year, 3 year, ect anniversary gifts for subscribers. As many of you I have been playing DDO since it came out. When my first year anniversary came and went, I was sad to see that there were no special items being passed out to loyal players. Now as my second year draws near, I haven't seen anything on the subject yet. I was just wondering if anything like this might be in the works? Thanks and keep up the great work!

DaveyCrockett
11-27-2007, 02:00 AM
They do the anniversary celebrations, that's good for me.

oronisi
11-27-2007, 12:54 PM
SWG had anniversary gifts....I thought it was a good idea but never implemented correctly. Items were usually overpowered and unique (economy breaking) or completely useless.

Now if we could all agree on something that's useful but not overpowered, then I'm totally for it.

Strakeln
11-27-2007, 01:28 PM
SWG had anniversary gifts....I thought it was a good idea but never implemented correctly. Items were usually overpowered and unique (economy breaking) or completely useless.

Now if we could all agree on something that's useful but not overpowered, then I'm totally for it.1000 beholder cookies. :D

philo
11-27-2007, 01:29 PM
original EQ did this too (though not the first year or 2). I had a shiny multi-colored sparkler thing after my however many years

ArkoHighStar
11-27-2007, 01:31 PM
a trebuchet for Litz, but its only usable in taverns:D

how about a 3 times per day heal and sp regen clickie usable only in taverns, gives the chance for people to return to a dungeon faster but since it only works in a tavern its only benefit is less waiting

Dane_McArdy
11-27-2007, 01:40 PM
Anniversy cloaks that can be seen!

Lorien_the_First_One
11-27-2007, 02:21 PM
a trebuchet for Litz, but its only usable in taverns:D

lol,ok, but he has to pay for the damage to the roof.

how about a 3 times per day heal and sp regen clickie usable only in taverns, gives the chance for people to return to a dungeon faster but since it only works in a tavern its only benefit is less waiting

I wouldn't mind toys like that which are kinda fun but don't impact gameplay in any way. Even better... an extra char slot.

ErgonomicCat
11-27-2007, 02:32 PM
CoH also has anniversary items, which is nice, because they're (mostly) purely cosmetic, or respecs.