PDA

View Full Version : Dragonmarked "Prestige Classes"

MysticTheurge
11-25-2007, 04:24 PM
The Eberron sourcebook Dragonmarked added a new prestige class for each Dragonmark. Implementing these as PrC Enhancement lines would be a nice way to add additional benefits to the Dragonmarks in DDO.

Blade of Orien I

Requires Least Mark of Passage, Orien Balance II, Weapon Focus (Slashing), BAB +3

You gain 1 additional use of each of your dragonmark powers as well as +1 to hit with slashing weapons. You gain Olladra's Twist and can expend one use of your Least Mark of Passage to swap places with a targeted ally.

Blade of Orien II

Requires Lesser Mark of Passage, Orien Balance IV, BAB +6, Blade of Orien I

You gain 1 additional use of each of your dragonmark powers as well as +2 to damage with slashing weapons. You gain Orien's Cloack and can expend one use of your Lesser Mark of Passage to gain the effects of a Blink spell (50% miss chance, half damage from AoE spells).

Cyre Scout I

Requires Least Mark of Making, Cannith Repairing II, Skill Focus (UMD)

You gain 1 additional use of each of your dragonmark powers as well as a +1 bonus on UMD checks and a 10% increase in effectiveness from wands and scrolls. You gain the Dragonmark Conduit ability and can expend a use of your Least Mark of Making to heal 2 hit points every 3 seconds for 1 minute.

Cyre Scout II

Requires Lesser Mark of Making, Cannith Repairing IV, Cyre Scout I

You gain 1 additional use of each of your dragonmark powers as well as another +1 on UMD checks and a +2 to the DC for spells cast from wands and scrolls. Your Dragonmark Conduit ability expands allowing you to expend a use of your Lesser Mark of Making to gain DR 5/- for 1 minute.

Deneith Warden I

Requires Least Mark of the Sentinel, Deneith Intimidation II, BAB +4, Lawful Alignment

You gain 1 additional use of each of your dragonmark powers, as well as +2 bonus on Diplomacy, Bluff, Intimidate, Listen and Spot checks and a +2 bonus to damage rolls. You gain the Uncanny Dodge ability, but must expend a use of your Least Mark of the Sentinel to make use of it.

Deneith Warden II

Requires Lesser Mark of the Sentinel, Deneith Intimidation IV, BAB +10, Lawful Alignment

You gain 1 additional use of each of your dragonmark powers, as well as an additional +2 bonus on Diplomacy, Bluff, Intimidate, Listen and Spot checks and another +2 bonus to damage. You can expend a Lesser Mark of the Sentinel use to gain the Mettle ability for one minute, allowing you to completely ignore the effects of any spell you make a successful Will or Fortitude save against.

Nosomatic Chirurgeon I

Requires Least Mark of Healing, Jorasco Healing II, Base Fortitude save +3, Any non-good alignment

You gain 1 additional use of each of your dragonmark powers, as well as a +2 bonus on fortitude saves and +30 spell points (if you can cast spells). You gain the Pestilential Touch ability allowing you to expend a use of your Least Mark of Healing to cause your attacks to inflict 1d6 points of negative damage for 1 minute.

Nosomatic Chirurgeaon II

Requires Lesser Mark of Healing, Jorasco Healing IV, Base Fortitude save +6, Nosomatic Chirurgeon I

You gain 1 additional use of each of your dragonmark powers, as well as +2 bonus on fortitude saves and +50 spell points (if you cast spells). You gain the Plague Bearer ability, allowing you to expend a use of your Lesser Mark of Healing to cause your attacks to inflict disease (as per the Contagion spell) for 1 minute.

Shadow Hunter I

Requires Least Mark of the Shadow, Phiarlan Stealth II, BAB +4, proficiency with Martial weapons

You gain 1 additional use of each of your dragonmark powers, and a +1d6 sneak attack damage. You gain the Shadowblind ability and can expend one use of your Least Mark of the Shadow to blind one target within 50 feet for 1 minute (a successful Will save, DC 10 + 1/2 your level + Charisma modifier, reduces the duration to 10 seconds).

Shadow Hunter II

Requires Lesser Mark of the Shadow, Phiarlan Stealth IV, BAB +10, Shadow Hunter I

You gain 1 additional use of each of your dragonmark powers, and an additional +1d6 sneak attack damage. You gain the Cloak of Shadows ability, allowing you to expend a use of your Lesser Mark of the Shadow to Hide in Plain Sight and eliminate all enemy hate.

Silver Key I

Requires Least Mark of Warding, Kundarak Search II, Dodge

You gain 1 additional use of each of your dragonmark powers and a +2 bonus on search, spot, disable device and open lock checks. You also gain the Cunning Body ability, and can expend a use of your Least Mark of Warding to grant yourself the effects of Water Breathing, Feather Fall or Remove Paralysis for 1 minute. (You can use this ability even while paralyzed.)

Silver Key II

Requires Lesser Mark of Warding, Kundarak Search IV, Silver Key I

You gain 1 additional use of each of your dragonmark powers and can disable devices or open locks from distances of up to 60 feet. You can also expend a use of your Lesser Mark of Warding to gain the effects of the Slippery Mind ability for 1 minute. (If you activate this ability while under the effects of an ongoing Will save spell, you gain an immediate save against the spell.)

Symar-FangofLloth
11-25-2007, 04:52 PM
Nosomatic Chirurgeon I

Requires Least Mark of Healing, Jorasco Healing II, Base Fortitude save +3, Any non-good alignment

You gain 1 additional use of each of your dragonmark powers, as well as a +2 bonus on fortitude saves and +30 spell points (if you can cast spells). You gain the Pestilential Touch ability allowing you to expend a use of your Least Mark of Healing to cause your attacks to inflict 1d6 points of negative damage for 1 minute.
1d6 damage how often?

Anyway, I like!
How about the Mark of Hospitality, though? How do you think that could be implemented, and what enhancements would go along with it?

Partymaker
11-25-2007, 05:10 PM
Some interesting stuff in this no doubt.

I don't know much about the Eberron setting and the dragonmarks either, except what we can see in DDO.

MT, do you have any idea if there should be any dragonmarks stonger than the "Greater" ones available at higher level??
Like the dragonmarks of healing, we get Cure Light, Cure Serious and then Heal, can we expect something like a Superior Dragonmark of Healing that would give something like Cure Mass Moderate? :D

As I already have Maximize + all the healing dragonmarks on my halflings, it would be amazing if it could get stronger ;) I would most certainly take Enlarge if we get access to something like Cure Mass Moderate. But this is often the kind of stuff you need to know in advance if you wanna lvl up a toon correctly.

Tx for your time

Missing_Minds
11-25-2007, 05:11 PM
Nosomatic Chirurgeon I

While I like the suggestions... this pretty much means what... neutral non good. Not a whole lot of them around.

moorewr
11-25-2007, 05:33 PM
I like those a lot. There are reasons to take Marks in DDO already, but these would put them (including neglected lines like the Mark of Making) over the line to very, very desirable.

I have a character that would take Shadow Hunter I the moment it became available. If for nothing else the additional use of the lesser mark would be reason enough.

Awesome. Now we just need half-elves.

Deaths_ward
11-25-2007, 05:34 PM
While I like the suggestions... this pretty much means what... neutral non good. Not a whole lot of them around.

It means any halfling that is of the alignments: Chaotic Neutral, True Neutral, and Lawful Neutral could take the enhancement as long as they met the other requirements.

Also my cleric is true neutral to avoid the side affects of some of the aligned spells such as Unholy Blight, and Order's Wrath that mobs cast. Nothing worse than being sickened, then stunned as you watch your parties little red bars quickly disappear.

Korven
11-25-2007, 05:38 PM
Shadow Hunter I

Requires Least Mark of the Shadow, Phiarlan Stealth II, BAB +4, proficiency with Martial weapons

You gain 1 additional use of each of your dragonmark powers, and a +1d6 sneak attack damage. You gain the Shadowblind ability and can expend one use of your Least Mark of the Shadow to blind one target within 50 feet for 1 minute (a successful Will save, DC 10 + 1/2 your level + Charisma modifier, reduces the duration to 10 seconds).

Shadow Hunter II

Requires Lesser Mark of the Shadow, Phiarlan Stealth IV, BAB +10, Shadow Hunter I

You gain 1 additional use of each of your dragonmark powers, and an additional +1d6 sneak attack damage. You gain the Cloak of Shadows ability, allowing you to expend a use of your Lesser Mark of the Shadow to Hide in Plain Sight and eliminate all enemy hate.

Wow, that's a bit overpowered on a Dragonmarked Elf Rogue. Why would anyone ever make a Rogue of any other race when they could get 3 levels worth of sneak attack damage for probably 12 enhancement points on an Elf? Plus an oh **** button for when they get too much agro. And Dragonmarked Dwarf Rogues would become the defacto trap pickers with their enhancements. Sorry if I seem to be crying nerf here, just see my little Halfling Rogue becoming worthless for anything beyond a RP standpoint :(

Symar-FangofLloth
11-25-2007, 05:58 PM
Some interesting stuff in this no doubt.

I don't know much about the Eberron setting and the dragonmarks either, except what we can see in DDO.

MT, do you have any idea if there should be any dragonmarks stonger than the "Greater" ones available at higher level??
Like the dragonmarks of healing, we get Cure Light, Cure Serious and then Heal, can we expect something like a Superior Dragonmark of Healing that would give something like Cure Mass Moderate? :D

As I already have Maximize + all the healing dragonmarks on my halflings, it would be amazing if it could get stronger ;) I would most certainly take Enlarge if we get access to something like Cure Mass Moderate. But this is often the kind of stuff you need to know in advance if you wanna lvl up a toon correctly.

Tx for your time

There is a tier higher than Greater called Syberis Marks. However, you cannot have a Syberis Mark if you have any other dragonmarks, and it requires a prestige class, Heir of Syberis, to get one. Because of the PrC requirement, I doubt we will see Syberis Marks in the game.

MysticTheurge
11-25-2007, 06:23 PM
1d6 damage how often?

The idea was any attacks for a minute, but if that seems like too much you could tone it down (maybe a shorter period of time, or a percentage chance to proc).

How about the Mark of Hospitality, though? How do you think that could be implemented, and what enhancements would go along with it?

I think the Mark of Hospitality is tough to work into a game like DDO. But, if they did figure it out, the Ghallanda prestige class is called "Black Dog" and specializes in poison (and would probably be great for Halfling Rogues).

Wow, that's a bit overpowered on a Dragonmarked Elf Rogue. Why would anyone ever make a Rogue of any other race when they could get 3 levels worth of sneak attack damage for probably 12 enhancement points on an Elf?

Well, I did try to include some other prerequisites (as per the prestige class). In fact, you can't be a pure-class rogue and take the enhancements since they require proficiency with all martial weapons. In addition, if you're going mostly rogue, you're not going to get them until a bit later on average, because of the BAB requirements.

Plus an oh **** button for when they get too much agro.

Ideally, Hide in Plain Sight is also going to be introduced via other means that would be available to a wider variety of people, including most other rogues and rangers.

And Dragonmarked Dwarf Rogues would become the defacto trap pickers with their enhancements.

I did worry about that, and Silver Key is very much a trap-monkey prestige class in D&D. I did try to mix it up a little with the activated abilities. But overall, just being a trap-monkey seems kind of boring.

Sorry if I seem to be crying nerf here, just see my little Halfling Rogue becoming worthless for anything beyond a RP standpoint :(

No, no. Nothing to worry about. I always want people to be honest with my suggestions, especially if they seem overpowered. And I do agree that variety in all things is good.

Though I'm not sure, really, how they'd introduce the (halfling-only) Mark of Hospitality, here's two potential enhancements for the aforementioned Black Dog prestige class:

Black Dog I

Requires Least Mark of Hospitality, Ghallanda <skill> II, Halfling Hiding II, Halfling Cunning I

You gain 1 additional use of each of your dragonmark powers, as well as +2 damage when you flank an enemy and -10&#37; aggro on melee attacks. You also gain Dhurinda's Touch, allowing you to expend a use of your Least Dragonmark to apply one of 3 different poisons to your melee attacks for 1 minute. The poisons you can select from are Black Adder Venom (1d6/1d6 Con damage), Id Moss (1d4/2d6 Int damage) and Spider Venom (1d4/1d4 Str damage).

Black Dog II

Requires Lesser Mark of Hospitality, Ghallanda <skill> IV, Halfling Cunning III, Black Dog I

You gain 1 additional use of each of your dragonmark powers, as well as +1 to hit enemies when you flank them and an additional -10% aggro on melee attacks. You can also expend a use of your lesser mark of hospitality to gain the Death Attack ability. For 1 minute any time you sneak attack a target there is a 25% chance it must make a Will Save (DC 10 + 1/2 your rogue levels + your Intelligence modifier) or be killed.