PDA

View Full Version : Guild Webpage

Erland
11-23-2007, 06:16 PM
Any thoughts to letting guilds set up their own web page here on the forums?

Ghoste
11-23-2007, 06:51 PM
I'm not sure if it's what you had in mind, but try clicking on the colored text down there in my signature.

Or are you talking about having them actually hosted here on the forums and listed under the various forum menus?

If they did something like that, I would only use it to link that section to my guild's page. I don't care too much for the idea of Turbine moderating my guild forums. Not to mention the idea of them being able to read everything in our forums. Nope, we have a private section to our forums, and we want to keep it that way.

~Jules921
11-24-2007, 06:16 AM
I'm not sure if it's what you had in mind, but try clicking on the colored text down there in my signature.

Or are you talking about having them actually hosted here on the forums and listed under the various forum menus?

If they did something like that, I would only use it to link that section to my guild's page. I don't care too much for the idea of Turbine moderating my guild forums. Not to mention the idea of them being able to read everything in our forums. Nope, we have a private section to our forums, and we want to keep it that way.

Completely agree with Ghoste's statement. I like being able to moderate my guild's site myself - we are all adults.

Jules

Erland
11-24-2007, 08:11 AM
That is almost what I had in mind. I fully respect wanting to keep Turbine from moderating your guild forums. BUT a sections here where the guilds could post pictures, rosters, some character stats and/or blogs would be cool. The guild forum threads are weak for this. The group function that it looks like they planned for this site would also work for this, but for what ever reason, that is not currently an option.

Ringlord
11-24-2007, 08:13 AM
Besides I doubt Turbine wants to pay for the bandwidth or the additional servers to host guild sites on these forums even if people could get over the "Big Brother is Watching" feel to it.

Glenalth
11-24-2007, 03:10 PM
I liked the old NWN guild forums. It's a clever idea to get people to visit your site on a regular basis. It was also nice to not have to hit multiple sites each day to catch up on things.