PDA

View Full Version : Trivia Event! 11/30/07 7 CST

Deslen
11-21-2007, 08:52 PM
You'll have to bear with me as this will be my first time hosting an event. Many of you may know me as Lyrin, Krest, or Sling in game. I've gone through my bank lately, and it looks like I have way too many tomes. What to do with them?

Many people, from what I've observed, run around DDO oblivious to the setting around them. Stormreach and Eberron are not simply made up for this game... it is a dynamic, extensive world on which many books have been written. Now, don't worry, all the questions I plan on asking can be found in the Eberron Campaign Setting book. Most of the answers can be found somewhere in game, as well, so don't fret too much. Now, for how I plan to do things.

First of all, no one but myself knows what the questions are. And no, I won't be giving any hints, except to say that they're not too hard for anyone who's played an Eberron PnP game. ;)

Second, those who do happen to know it all will not be able to win more than once, and there will be 12 questions. Maybe more, if I get my hands on more tomes by some stroke of luck. Once someone answers a question, they'll need to stay in party until all the questions have been answered, so no one swaps to alts to win more. Have to share the love.

Third, it's a roll of the dice which tome you win. I'll have two of each flavor.

I'll be hosting the trivia contest in the Livewood Theater in House Phiarlan. Fret not if there are more than one instances at the time, for I'll be posting the questions in an LFM for everyone to see.

All are more than welcome to attend. I'll try and check this post frequently, but if you want a faster response you can send an in game mail message to Lyrin.

DSL
11-21-2007, 10:12 PM
Sounds like a good idea, but one problem: it is against the rules to put that sort of thing in the LFM, and if someone complains (or if a GM happens to see it and is bored) then they will make you take it down or be disciplined (people have gotten 3 day suspensions for this). You might want to find an alternate way to ask the questions, possibly with the general chat. Of course, you might be able to do this with no problems, but it's a risk...

Deslen
11-21-2007, 10:18 PM
Well, the LFM will also be my way of getting together the winners for a TS run afterward, so technically... it's legal. :) And if I'm asked to take it down, I will. I will, however, be posting the questions in general chat first.

Sensei
11-21-2007, 10:19 PM
IMO Events like this should NOT be prohibited from the LFM pannel. Maybe someone should start a petition...oh wait, those dont work :rolleyes:

DSL
11-21-2007, 10:24 PM
This would not bother me, and I can see how using the LFM would be fairly efficient for this. However, I would hate to see Deslen's fun spoiled by someone enforcing the rules at a bad time, which is a distinct possibility. After all, this is the sort of thing that we want to encourage, and having the organizer get an account suspension would not be conducive to that.

Deslen
11-21-2007, 10:33 PM
LFM - the very definition of which is a way of finding people for your group. I'll be putting a group together, and asking a question as a way of deciding who to allow to join is something that people do all the time, though perhaps not in such an elaborate way. So, I'm within the books. Once the elaborate process of finding a group is finished, we'll go run tempest's spine.

DSL
11-22-2007, 04:24 PM
LFM - the very definition of which is a way of finding people for your group. I'll be putting a group together, and asking a question as a way of deciding who to allow to join is something that people do all the time, though perhaps not in such an elaborate way. So, I'm within the books. Once the elaborate process of finding a group is finished, we'll go run tempest's spine.

Ha ha! A masterful piece of sophistry and legal legerdemain... I applaud you!

Deslen
11-22-2007, 05:54 PM
I applaud you!

*bows*

Deslen
11-29-2007, 11:53 PM
*bumps* Just a reminder, I'm still holding my trivia event this Friday!

kingzero
12-01-2007, 10:52 AM
I thought it was pretty fun...

There are some Eberron knowledgeable people on Khyber!

Congrats on a successful event!

cyc0tik
12-02-2007, 01:23 AM
gratz on the event deslen!! looking forward to more...

InfidelofHaLL
12-04-2007, 05:16 PM
lyrin give me something for being outta town a dex and wis tome sound nice ;)

Deslen
12-05-2007, 05:11 PM
I'll see about setting up another once I get enough tomes or other enticing items saved up. I did have fun with it, though. Surprised by how quick it went.