PDA

View Full Version : Axell's farewell to the game.

SaberMonkey
11-20-2007, 11:00 PM
Well, a number of things have brought me to this point:

1. (Most important) With the imminent arrival of a baby to the household my playing time will be cut down a ton.

2. Friends leaving the game for greener (hopefully?) pastures.

3. Exploits, lack of Customer support, bugs remaining unfixed for too long.

4. Ever increasing spam from plat sellers, it's only gotten worse and I report them constantly.

5. Just not having fun anymore.

Before I get flamed for starting yet another goodbye thread let me say this. I LOVE THIS GAME!! I have been playing since about a week after release and other than a 6 week break I took I have played steadily. I absolutely love the comraderie, the people, building and advancing new characters, the challenge of trying new things, the quests, etc. I will most likely be back at some point but as of right now I'm just not enjoying myself along with the other reasons I listed above.

To all my great friends I have met and spent time with through the last year and a half I will miss you guys and hope to see you if I come back. I appreciate all the conversations, the questing, the items, and companionship, it really means alot. I will try to keep in touch.

To Turbine, well you started off with a great game which you promptly attempted to ruin. Try to listen to your players and take things into consideration, you dont' have to please all of the people all of the time, but at least attempt to offer some semblance of Customer service. As I stated before I do love this game and belive it has alot of potential. Dont' let it fall by the wayside as it seems it has. I have enjoyed my time here and really want this game to survive through the coming years.

Before you ask, NO YOU CAN'T HAVE MY STUFF!! Hehe, I will be handing it out to guildies and friends. Sweet water and light laughter till we next meet!!

Zack77
11-20-2007, 11:23 PM
AXELL!!! NOOOO! ****, bro, never expected you to leave :(. I'll greatly miss running with you, bro. I hope to meet you later in the future, it has always been grate running with you. Good luck out there in the real world, Axell. Congratulations though, Axell, on the baby. I know how it feels with an imminent baby. Life will change. Believe me, I have three children, two teenage sons and one 22-month daughter(She was not expected, but I still love her), and it changed my life completely when my first son was born. It may be tough at first, but you'll eventually get used to it. And yes, I know how you feel about your friends leaving the game. Many of my friends, some I've known in real life, have moved on. True, the plat-selling is getting worse, but it's been happening for so long, I just gave up reporting them. I'm sorry that this is a cause for you to leave.
In the end, I am sorry to see you go, bro, and I hope you a happy future with your family. And, if you ever decide to come back, know that those who stayed behind will welcome you with open arms.

The halfling paladin you know and worship, and the sometimes noob-ish Fighter,
Kyuu/Narc noob.

P.S. Can I have your stuff? :p

SaberMonkey
11-20-2007, 11:36 PM
P.S. Can I have your stuff? :p

No but you can have that tome you needed. :)

Oreg
11-21-2007, 09:29 AM
Congratulations to you and the mom!

hannika
11-21-2007, 11:24 AM
:(

you better keep in touch.

Silenoz
11-21-2007, 12:30 PM
well can't remember running with ya (hiccup)......but here's to your baby (have fun it goes by quicker than you think),hopefully we'll see ya back on sooner than never.....salute

Furgulder
11-21-2007, 02:13 PM
Sweet water and light laughter till we next meet!!

I hereby revoke your Dwarven Male membership for using this statement.

Fribbin Elves....

(Congrats on the offspring and such!)

SaberMonkey
11-21-2007, 06:10 PM
I hereby revoke your Dwarven Male membership for using this statement.

Fribbin Elves....

(Congrats on the offspring and such!)

Hehe, yeah, probably should have went somthing like. "May yer belly be ever full of ale and the blood on yer blade never dry!".

Badmoonrising
11-23-2007, 06:04 AM
OK if you must leave you had better stay in touch hippie and no i will not take any excuses about being to busy to send an email
and i completely agree with all you have said the game i love has become a joke at times and it pains me, that taken into account both you and i
do not play as much as we used to and i hope the future of the game is a good one.
Anyhow you skank log on over the weekend and say hello don't make me send goons.

Euronymous: Fisting corpses since 1979

Dogchair
11-24-2007, 02:41 AM
Well, congratz on the baby on the way. Your life is forever altered now, daddy-to-be.

It sucks you leaving the game. Am I the only Oregonian left playing? Mebbe so.

Take care bro. Mebbe I'll see you again online.

-Dogchair

hannika
11-24-2007, 01:41 PM
i know a couple oregonians still playing :P and i'm just a lil farther north if that counts!

SaberMonkey
11-25-2007, 09:52 PM
I'm not tottaly quitting, I will still log on once a week or so. Hehe, I actually logged on yesterday and ran a couple Reavers and a lowbie quest or 2. Just cutting WAY back for now. We will see.

Cupcake
11-26-2007, 11:48 PM
I'm not tottaly quitting, I will still log on once a week or so. Hehe, I actually logged on yesterday and ran a couple Reavers and a lowbie quest or 2. Just cutting WAY back for now. We will see.

Saber, not sure if I have had the pleasure of running with you yet, but best of luck with the new baby.

Davrim can tell ya that playing with a new baby around is very difficult.

Best of luck!

snoopy
11-29-2007, 05:17 AM
I Will Miss You, You Are A Valued Friend And A Hella Great Companion When Questing You Will Be Missed Greatly, But You Will Find That In Time U Will Have Time To Yourself And Hopefully Return To Us....

Farwell For Now Old Friend

Signed Fadetoblack

Vodac
12-12-2007, 10:56 PM
;)

well someone had to say it good luck i have a 3 and 1 year old and a wife that does not like my computer you'll be back.

Kaz_The_DM
12-13-2007, 12:46 AM
I am sure the DDO community will miss you ... don't stay away for too long.

Best,
Kaz

P.S. Congratulations! Parenting is very fun, you will love it ;)