PDA

View Full Version : Visible Cloaks?

Darkranger65
11-20-2007, 12:13 AM
I know it is just looks but most fantasy MMO/CRPGs have visible cloaks. IMHO they add alot to the game. If Neverwinter Nights can do this (a2002 game) then why not DDO?

Have the devs ever talked about this?

Borror0
11-20-2007, 02:26 AM
They talked about it at one point, but not much as been said on when it'd be coming... yet.

Missing_Minds
11-20-2007, 09:26 AM
Given how their models are made, they'd have to make new animations and make it not lag the game. Those two reasons are probably why we haven't seen them. Wish they'd add them though. :(

Delzon
11-20-2007, 11:58 AM
Since the have them in lotr online, the programing is there it just needs to be added.

Rowanheal
11-20-2007, 12:01 PM
I only want a visible cloak if I can make it PINK!!!!

See ya in Stormreach,

-R

Mad_Bombardier
11-20-2007, 12:22 PM
Just one more thing to use system resources displaying on all the characters in the instance. :( We really can't afford to make the game any more unplayable for low-end systems.

And when it comes to displaying cloaks with FP, I think most people will just /showcloak off, anyway. So, I'd rather see some rogueish light armors, robes, or Composite body Docents that have a cloak in the graphic.

Litz
11-20-2007, 12:27 PM
Devs work on this after, Trebuchets, Druids, Monks, Familiars, Kalashtar, Shifters, Gnomes, gobblins, Halforcs, halfelves, and prestige classes.

Thx

Nefahrin
11-20-2007, 01:23 PM
Devs work on this after, Trebuchets, Druids, Monks, Familiars, Kalashtar, Shifters, Gnomes, gobblins, Halforcs, halfelves, and prestige classes.

Thx

This depends on your PoV.
Personally, I'm never going to play Monks, Druids, Gnomes, Goblins, Half-Orcs, or Kalashtar.
I'd like a visible Cloak before any of the above, because I'd use it.

Things the game needs should be on a list, and not in any particular order other than what is easiest to add.
The importance of these items depends on the person that is going to use them.
The more items we can get added, the better the game will be.
I'd much rather see Crafting, dye for clothing and armor, and the ability to actually sit in a chair before all the extra
races and classes.
My 2 cp , in other words, my opinion.