PDA

View Full Version : Color coding for spells?

StringTheory
11-19-2007, 03:43 PM
What is the possibility of using different colors for friendly vs hostile spells? Many times we use tactics such as standing inside a friendly firewall during melee, or kiting mobs back and forth thru friendly blade barriers, etc. These common tactics can go very badly however during certain battles when mob castors use similar spells. Occasionally I have run with alert castors in my party who shout out warnings like "that not my Blade Barrier!" or "Thats not our Firewall!" However, not all castors are so considerate, or timely, (or sometimes not heard above the combat) and if you are engaged in melee at the time, you can easily mistake the damage you are taking as being caused by other combat sources. It would simply be a matter of changing hostile firewalls to be yellow and friendly to red, or hostile blade barriers blue and friendly white, and so on. Anyway, my 2 copper pieces...

tihocan
11-19-2007, 03:47 PM
I don't know, I think it adds some spice. I sure died a few times because of this, but how to complain when we are blessed with no friendly fire?

Azoralq
11-19-2007, 03:51 PM
I think it's funny. Serves people right for standing in firewalls to get the quick kill.

Player 1: Is this our firewall?
Player 2: I don't know? Is that your firewall, Player 3?
Player 3: No, My firewall's over there. was wondering why you were standing there.
Player 1 has died.
Player 1: Oh..is that what that red flame means at the top right of my screen?
Player 2 has died.
Player 2: Guess so...

MrCow
11-19-2007, 03:54 PM
You better watch out... if Rowanheal sees this she is going to demand the ability to cast pink blade barriers.

redoubt
11-19-2007, 08:21 PM
I think it's funny. Serves people right for standing in firewalls to get the quick kill.

Player 1: Is this our firewall?
Player 2: I don't know? Is that your firewall, Player 3?
Player 3: No, My firewall's over there. was wondering why you were standing there.
Player 1 has died.
Player 1: Oh..is that what that red flame means at the top right of my screen?
Player 2 has died.
Player 2: Guess so...

Beautiful.

Who says they need to improve mob AI with regard to firewall... apparently we stand in them swinging away too! :D

P.S. I agree with keeping them the same colors. I'd rather have to figure out which is which than get them nerfed again.