PDA

View Full Version : Now fix the game for non twitch players please.

Missing_Minds
11-19-2007, 02:16 PM
You fixed one side, now please fix the other.

This is what you fixed.
*When clicking in the 3D world after typing in the chat window, the game will now recognize your change in focus, while also preserving the text you typed.

Now could you please fix the issue of mouse overs for non twitch players?

The issue, again, if you use the keyboard for targeting, attacking or what have you, but you mouse over a bar, party member (in the party list), map, UI, etc. And you actually click on something, the focus is ENTIRELY there. This stops all attacking.

I personally have the key "E" rigged as my attack button with NO relation to mouse at all. yet when the mouse changed focus, I can not attack at all. I DIE because I can not attack. I get SLAUGHTERED because I can not attack. Funny thing that I can still run, but I can NOT attack. Why is this? Why can I run but I can not attack? Please finally fix this annoying issue that has been around since Mod 3.

tihocan
11-19-2007, 03:46 PM
I wonder if it's the same issue that if I hit Z to examine a mob while I'm beating on it, I *think* I can't attack anymore (with my mouse). I also believe the same happens when I hit X to drool at my kill count.

Azoralq
11-19-2007, 03:46 PM

This is what you fixed.
*When clicking in the 3D world after typing in the chat window, the game will now recognize your change in focus, while also preserving the text you typed.

The issue, again, if you use the keyboard for targeting, attacking or what have you, but you mouse over a bar, party member (in the party list), map, UI, etc. And you actually click on something, the focus is ENTIRELY there. This stops all attacking.

I personally have the key "E" rigged as my attack button with NO relation to mouse at all. yet when the mouse changed focus, I can not attack at all. I DIE because I can not attack. I get SLAUGHTERED because I can not attack. Funny thing that I can still run, but I can NOT attack. Why is this? Why can I run but I can not attack? Please finally fix this annoying issue that has been around since Mod 3.

OMFG. You are my new best friend. I've been trying to get this fixed forever now. I gave up posting the problem because 1) I didn't know how to explain it in words. 2) I gave up, because I never got a dev response. This annoys the flipping crud out of me, as well.

1) I have to keep the mouse in the center of the screen (Where the enviroment is) I used to be able to tuck the mouse pointer into the upper right of the screen, and play perfectly..now I can't due to the mousing over UI issue. Which brings up another problem.

If the mouse changes into a red target due to an enemy getting too close to the mouse I have to keep in the middle of the screen The game suddenly thinks I'm gonna use the mouse to attack, or something..and I'm unable to attack with my attack (Z) button until I move the mouse.

2) I am unable to get out of instances (i.e moving from market place to a house district) by merely selecting the door using 'tab' and pressing the 'enter' key. My mouse has to be over the intended item, before the enter key will work. (i.e If I want to looking to the chest, I have to use the mouse to do it, as apposed to being able to tab to it, and hit enter. This is all fine and dandy for people who like to play using a mouse.)

I used to PvP a lot, but had to stop, because my attacks would reset (Swing 1, Swing 2, pause because mouse flipped from pointer, to red target, due to enemy moving behind the mouse, Swing 1, pause again, Swing 1, etc), and I get utterly destroyed when this occured mid fight in dungeons.

Lastly...I have recalled out of instances, due to tabbing over to a ressurection shrine, and hitting enter, because the 'Do you want to be Ressurected?' box overrrides all other uses.

It was never this way back in Mod 1/Mod 2, Turbine...not everyone uses the mouse..please don't make us start.

Azoralq
11-20-2007, 12:50 PM
bump

Missing_Minds
11-20-2007, 01:17 PM
Don't bump it please. I'd rather not get the thread closed from that. All I ask is for the devs to take note of this as I've submitted this issue many times in the past. I'm just hoping it finally will get attention and get fixed in Mod 6. I'm not asking for a Dev response, just hoping that they read this issue.

Azoralq
11-20-2007, 01:19 PM
Actually...I'd hope that this thread get closed by a dev..it would show that they actually saw the post, which means one can safely assume that it was read, in order to get closed. Which means progress might be made.

I'd take a 30 day ban for that..then again..I'm bored.

Nefahrin
11-20-2007, 01:29 PM
Happens too if happen to use a gamepad to play.
You move the cursor over any UI on the screen and you can't attack.
even though the attacking is not even key-mapped to the mouse.
I'd love to see this fixed. It's been plaguing me for over a year now.
On the brightside, when I realize I can't attack, I can still run away
until I'm safe to move the damn mouse of the UI. :D

Mercules
11-20-2007, 01:41 PM
Some see bug... some see "design feature".

Don't you know we are trying to teach you people to use a mouse and keypad/keyboard? :D

Ok... all kidding aside I can see how frustrating this must be for you and I hope it gets addressed. I know it can cause issues for even mouse players when trying to use a button drive hotkey for certain things.

BTW, Bumping the thread and getting it closed will get it closed by a Forum Moderator, NOT a Developer. Thus, closing it will likely ensure they don't get a chance to read it.

Missing_Minds
11-20-2007, 01:54 PM
Actually...I'd hope that this thread get closed by a dev..it would show that they actually saw the post, which means one can safely assume that it was read, in order to get closed. Which means progress might be made.

I'd take a 30 day ban for that..then again..I'm bored.

That would get it closed by a forum moderator, NOT a developer that could fix the issue. So please do not bump for the sake of bumping I don't care how bored you are.

Forum mods could also just see ONLY the post of "bump" and auto close it in which case the orginal issue NEVER was seen.

Nefahrin, thanks for that additional information. I did not know that pads also suffered similar effect as I don't use those at all for this game.

Mercules, yeah it is frustrating. I mean how would you like it if you were a mouse twitch player and suddenly just you were not attacking at all any more. You could run, and jump, but no standard attacks at all. You'd think something broke in your mouse right? Pretty much how we feel because we do not go into debug mode until after we are dead normally. Mostly a slap the board harder in hopes that maybe it unjams the "stuck" key.

So Devs, for the sake of our hardware (aka the keyboards), please fix this so that we don't destroy non faulty equipment because of un intentional coding that makes the game unplayable.

Schmackdown
11-20-2007, 01:56 PM
Happens too if happen to use a gamepad to play.
You move the cursor over any UI on the screen and you can't attack.
I have the same sad experience. What's helped for me is to just map the mouse movements to the right analog control, so when I'm hitting attack and nothing is happening, I'll just nudge some direction and move the mouse away from whatever party member or dialog box it was hung up on so I can get back to the beatdown. It helps that I only have one shortcut bar active at a time rather than an entire screen cluttered with them, though, I can imagine having to center it in the middle of the screen would be hella annoying.

But yeah, it'd be great if this was just put back to the way it was pre-Mod3. I also don't understand why it was changed, if intentional. Maybe fallout from that pathetic block-attack or swap bug or whatever it was people were exploiting.

Azoralq
11-20-2007, 01:57 PM
Bleh..didn't realize they higher people that could do both jobs anyway.

Mercules
11-20-2007, 03:02 PM
Mercules, yeah it is frustrating. I mean how would you like it if you were a mouse twitch player and suddenly just you were not attacking at all any more. You could run, and jump, but no standard attacks at all. You'd think something broke in your mouse right? Pretty much how we feel because we do not go into debug mode until after we are dead normally. Mostly a slap the board harder in hopes that maybe it unjams the "stuck" key.

Having been an old school FPSer I am highly reliant on my mouse. I use a mouse with the two normal buttons, the side buttons, and a mouse wheel that acts as a button, scroll wheel, and also tilts side to side. Some of those mouse buttons get used for targeting, some for things like the Alt select you can set up. So the second hotkey bar is ScrollWheel+#key and such. Guess what happens when the battery dies on my wireless mouse... :) I can feel your pain as I fumble to get away since I can no longer attack or activate certain hot bars.

Cupcake
11-20-2007, 05:11 PM

This is what you fixed.

Same here. I use the F key for attack. I have the same issues where I cannot swing at all. I end up having to click on the screen with the mouse to be able to attack and in the process I am dying or what have you.

Hence
11-20-2007, 05:59 PM
What happens if you use mouse look. or just using mouse look as a mouse lock so that it does not effect anything?
I noticed this a LONG time ago, back when I first started playing before mod1, it happened when I hit auto attack and scrolled my mouse over ANY UI, I would stop attacking.

Now I just use mouse look and mouse buttons to attack and only take it off when I need to swap items or click a clicky.

Killbilly
11-20-2007, 06:12 PM
I've had a somewhat similar problem. If I open a UI window while in combat (usually inventory), I can't attack at all until I close the window.

Chelsa
11-20-2007, 06:41 PM
All you to do is switch between mouse lock and no mouse lock. You can even do this while auto attacking and not stop attacking as well as open any window. If you like you can type a message, though with some of the mobs, you can die real fast. To target another player, I play clerics allot, use a hot key. Not seeing the problem here, then again I've always switched mouse lock on and off and no I am not a twitch player. To old.:D

Chelsa
11-20-2007, 06:42 PM
Oh yeah and you can still single click while auto attack is on.

honkuimushi
11-21-2007, 06:31 AM
I'm also requesting a fix for this. I use a gamepad and switch weapons with my mouse. It worked perfectly until mod 3. I've lost track of the times I realize as I'm in the middle of a fight, pressing the attack button, that I'm just standing around on screen.

When Risia was first added to test mod 3 I found that I couldn't attack on Risia. I was ready to quit until people told me what the problem was. Now it's just my biggest complaint about DDO. I started 2 threads on this after Mod 3, replied to several others and bug reported this a few times. I would love for this to be fixed.

picaisfun
07-09-2010, 12:52 PM
I'm also requesting a fix for this. I use a gamepad and switch weapons with my mouse. It worked perfectly until mod 3. I've lost track of the times I realize as I'm in the middle of a fight, pressing the attack button, that I'm just standing around on screen.

When Risia was first added to test mod 3 I found that I couldn't attack on Risia. I was ready to quit until people told me what the problem was. Now it's just my biggest complaint about DDO. I started 2 threads on this after Mod 3, replied to several others and bug reported this a few times. I would love for this to be fixed.

I have been having this problem playing with a gamepad and switching weapons with the mouse. Also I have been having the mouse become unresponsive during combat alot. Logging in and out seems to fix this. I have tried changing my keymapping settings. No change. I am unable to recall out when the mouse quits on me. I have to minimize and close program to restart DDO. I have a HP Pavilion AMD Athlon II X2 240 2.80 GHz 4GB ram 64bit.

thanks PS running Windows 7

KoboldKiller
07-09-2010, 02:18 PM
Signed 1 gagillion times.

systemstate
07-09-2010, 02:24 PM
Wait... you guys click a button and your toon 'auto-attacks'?

Edit: Not a jab. I didn't know that was a feature in this game. I also didn't know that not using said feature classifies me as a "twitch" player. Interesting.