PDA

View Full Version : I think the game should have mounts, like W.O.W!

Pudding2007
11-17-2007, 06:11 PM
i think that the game should have mounts(things that you ride on) like world of warcraft does. and not just horses, imaginative things like big wolves, birds, or serpents that let you go under water. i also think that you should be able to see all the rings, capes, neclacess and anything else your character can wear, because the characters are looking quite boring at the moment.and there should be a spell like the one that turnes you into bark. it could turn you into lava, and increases your fire-based spells by 50%, and make you resistant to water and fire attacks and able to swim in lava.

dragnmoon
11-17-2007, 06:15 PM
Serious?

Dystar
11-17-2007, 06:20 PM
gotta be the best/funniest post ive seen in a while...wow

Jket
11-17-2007, 08:52 PM
i think that the game should have mounts(things that you ride on) like world of warcraft does. and not just horses, imaginative things like big wolves, birds, or serpents that let you go under water. i also think that you should be able to see all the rings, capes, neclacess and anything else your character can wear, because the characters are looking quite boring at the moment.and there should be a spell like the one that turnes you into bark. it could turn you into lava, and increases your fire-based spells by 50%, and make you resistant to water and fire attacks and able to swim in lava.

sorry sorry... this isnt fairy magic land.

Kire
11-17-2007, 08:54 PM
sorry sorry... this isnt fairy magic land.

No it's Fairy Magical land...Duh..

~Kire

Ghoste
11-17-2007, 09:13 PM
1. Mounts were introduced into WoW for the purpose of shortening travel time. That is nowhere near the issue in DDO as it is in WoW.

2. Asking for things in this game because it's in WoW is not a strategically clever way of requesting changes. DDO is full of people who think WoW is the biggest piece of fluff game ever, and the devs are aware of this mentality. You will likely get very little support from players and devs alike.

Let me suggest an alternate approach that will go a lot further in these forums. Try explaining how your suggestion would add more dimension to the game for both travel and combat. Explain how you think it would draw in more people to try out the game. Explain how reminiscent it would be of great PnP sessions you've had. Whatever, but for ****'s sake don't go shooting yourself in the foot by saying it's in WoW so DDO should have it too.

Luckylu
11-17-2007, 10:52 PM
I agree asking for the sake of WoW won't get you far, but let me say this to all the pnp fans out there. Who has ever rolled a paly in pnp, and when you got to lvl 4 i think or whatever maybe 6 your DM took you on an awesome quest to get your mount?? I loved it, I loved teh adventure, I loved the horse I got to name. I also loved when I was a ranger and pnp and got to name my wolf, my brother and I played for hours, and it was great, two elf rangers and our wolves. I will say this.. WoW you can't name your mount, we could :), and here we should be able to name our pets, though with all the names out there that violate whatever laws that turbine is worried about, i understand that kinda. Let me say this though in defence of the guy who wanted mounts cuase of WoW, lets face it, PNP- D&D is the best, the beginning of it all.. and what WoW, has epic mounts for Paly's and we dont'??? TURBINE wake up and realize you control the game that started it all.... where did palys summoning there epic mounts come from? maybe i am wrong, but i am pretty sure here. So have some PRIDE in yourselves, give us what we deserve, what you deserve, give us mounts cause we had mounts first, we had carriages full of loot from the dragon we killed. We had the hides from wolves, we stole the epic sword that the end boss in our encounter had, after we nearly all died killing him. Remember all the cool stuff you could do in PnP?? I know I do, I understand that they can't give it to us all, I am not asking for the world... or the world of warcraft, I am asking for D&D, I know this is eberron or whatever offshoot, but give us our memories, and our love. It is just my opinion, and my hope isn't that people respond to this with.. "WELL ACTUALLY TUrbine, blah blah blah or you are lame for thinking, or whatever.. as so many people do,, respond simply with your favorite moment in PnP.

luckylu

Svetelana
11-18-2007, 09:20 AM
To hold you over.......

http://www.hasbro.com/mylittlepony/default.cfm?page=Entertainment/Ponyville

GeneralDiomedes
11-18-2007, 11:34 AM
Oh glorious mount of mine!

I command you to climb down this ladder, and then proceed to the end of the platform and jump across to that pipe. From there you will trot along the pipe until you see another pipe running parallel.

I hope you have your feather falling horseshoes on.

Luckylu
11-18-2007, 02:29 PM
obviously you have never played a different rpg with mounts, they can't enter instances, nor would you really take your horse in a dungeon in pnp, my hope in my LONG- rediculas letter i wrote was for people to remember the things they loved about pnp and write them down, maybe some DM's would look at it, but no, all we can do is make fun of people. how sad.

Jket
11-18-2007, 02:33 PM
To hold you over.......

http://www.hasbro.com/mylittlepony/default.cfm?page=Entertainment/Ponyville

VERY Hilarious... but im scared to find out how you stumbled about this one!

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w77/Byondjket/ddoponies.jpg

OrganGrinder
11-18-2007, 03:40 PM
I would agree with 2 seperate posters, devil's advocate here. 1. Mounts are useless at this time, if they suprised us for the New Year by telling us the reason we haven't got speedy updates and content was because they were working on an entirely new city with new houses and quests that you had too travel overland to get too, then maybe a time for mounts.
2. I do think that they can make it so that cloaks and other items that you wear could show up on your character and that would be fairly simple to adjust coding to provide.

Other than that, I love DDO but need more to do soon, my guildies are taking longer and longer breaks from the game and I'm depending totally on PUG's for any non-repetitive quests.

Azoralq
11-18-2007, 08:49 PM
obviously you have never played a different rpg with mounts, they can't enter instances, nor would you really take your horse in a dungeon in pnp, my hope in my LONG- rediculas letter i wrote was for people to remember the things they loved about pnp and write them down, maybe some DM's would look at it, but no, all we can do is make fun of people. how sad.

I kid because I love

Svetelana
11-18-2007, 09:52 PM
I vote that all bosses hop around on stick horses. Ya know, googly eyed, brown yarn mane type.....

Then once a year, have a derby of all bosses on their horses.

Cowdenicus
11-19-2007, 05:47 AM
I wish clerics had domains like fire and war. (hence why I chose to be on Fernia.) /sigh

Harncw
11-19-2007, 06:55 AM
http://lectureseries.org/2002-07-27/alyssa1.jpg

Luckylu
11-19-2007, 08:18 AM
Mr. Programmer,

I understand you wish to make fun of my grammer. It was way too early in the morning/late night when I wrote that piece. I think you all are misunderstanding what people are writing not just here but usually on the marketplace forums as well. What I mean is simple, people write thier opinion about what they would like to see changed, people write what they would like to trade/sell. How does Khyber respond? We put them down with great delight. I guess grammer went the way of "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all". Very few people encourage any more out there, most of the time it is, "well that the dumbest idea ever- noob!". Even when people are offering things on the Market forums and I know I have seen some outrageous offers out there, I have ever laughed in text I am sorry, but really you never know what someone may need or get from someone else. I am finding it more depressing to come to the forums these days, I see the cube actually had to CLOSE a post due to people arguing and calling names, why? Someone was unhappy with the game he pays for, he made a suggestion, ignore him... no, lets put him down and scold him for having an opinion that is what we do here on Khyber. A guy on the marketplace wants to trade a new docent from the Abbot- preraid, and he gets "That is ****, trash, I hate it, I would never use it" I don't think the post was, what do you guys all think of the new docent? No, it was trading this item, any one interested.
It is the Holiday season now in the U.S. at least how about we be a little nicer for awhile. I am sure I will get the big scold for this one too, but whatever, just trying to help someone who had an opinion or an idea, not get run out of town so he feels he can never write in forums again.

Luckylu

Kindoki
11-19-2007, 09:54 AM
Mr. Programmer,

I understand you wish to make fun of my grammer. It was way too early in the morning/late night when I wrote that piece. I think you all are misunderstanding what people are writing not just here but usually on the marketplace forums as well. What I mean is simple, people write thier opinion about what they would like to see changed, people write what they would like to trade/sell. How does Khyber respond? We put them down with great delight. I guess grammer went the way of "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all". Very few people encourage any more out there, most of the time it is, "well that the dumbest idea ever- noob!". Even when people are offering things on the Market forums and I know I have seen some outrageous offers out there, I have ever laughed in text I am sorry, but really you never know what someone may need or get from someone else. I am finding it more depressing to come to the forums these days, I see the cube actually had to CLOSE a post due to people arguing and calling names, why? Someone was unhappy with the game he pays for, he made a suggestion, ignore him... no, lets put him down and scold him for having an opinion that is what we do here on Khyber. A guy on the marketplace wants to trade a new docent from the Abbot- preraid, and he gets "That is ****, trash, I hate it, I would never use it" I don't think the post was, what do you guys all think of the new docent? No, it was trading this item, any one interested.
It is the Holiday season now in the U.S. at least how about we be a little nicer for awhile. I am sure I will get the big scold for this one too, but whatever, just trying to help someone who had an opinion or an idea, not get run out of town so he feels he can never write in forums again.

Luckylu

Luckylu, I agree with the sentiment of your original post, and one of the great highlights of my pnp Paladin was his quest for his warhouse - mainly because that beast was a beast, and saved the entire party more than once...

[eaten by cube]

Luckylu, don't get me wrong, I still appreciate what you are saying. We do all need to be a bit nicer. But also, a bit more exact. :)

Luckylu
11-19-2007, 10:24 AM
Last time I checked flaming someone for poor grammer is considered Harrasment by THE cube. So instead of you guys all making fun of the poor guy for wanting a mount, or me for wishing that someone would be positive on this server, we make fun of others. Do you not see people leaving this game all the time? Do you not see guilds having to merge due to more and more players LEAVING the game? I guess one reason why don't have new content every few days like some would like is due to no one playing this game anymore. So I guess if one person wants to leave this game for a month for new content I can leave for the lack of kindness, or consideration of peoples ideas. I left this game once due to boredom, I came back becuase I felt other games I played lack the greatness of the guild I am currently in. Those guys rock, there is no putting down, no dumb questions. We help eachother whenever we can, and no politics. For whatever reason I have been monitering the forums alot and all I see is flaming eachother, putting eachother down.

So I don't get out my grammer book before I write on the forums.... oooooh sue me, I am sure that really hurts you guys, compared to telling a guy he can't trade his docent or that he is a fool for wanting a horse.

Luckylu

Kindoki
11-19-2007, 11:40 AM
So I don't get out my grammer book before I write on the forums.... oooooh sue me, I am sure that really hurts you guys, compared to telling a guy he can't trade his docent or that he is a fool for wanting a horse.

Luckylu

I said nothing negative about docents or horses. I like the idea of mounts and I don't have anything bad to say about docents or the people who sell them.

I did not flame you personally, I pointed out a correctable deficiency.

More to the point, I made the statement that how you write reflects upon a person's opinion of what you write.

I do not like reading the word 'grammer'.

And I do wonder why "can't we all just get along?". So, as per usual, I will now retire back to the game that I enjoy, as continuing this discussion will only serve to inflame people more. My apologies to the OP.

Tolero
11-20-2007, 11:05 AM
A reminder to review the forum guidelines in regards to

- Name calling
- Insults
- Provoking other users
- Flaming other users for spelling/grammar

Littering your posts with condescending/cutting remarks does nothing to expedite someone seeing things from your perspective.

Litz
11-20-2007, 12:34 PM
We should get mounts only if they fit into the Trebuchets that will be implimented before them.

Quarion
11-20-2007, 01:48 PM
Because this thread has refused to remain civil, even after an administrator's warning it is now closed, I'll be reviewing the thread closely for possible further action.

In order to participate in this community, you've all agreed to respect everyone's right to express themselves and their ideas, without attacking them for it. This thread and some of it's poster's have not followed these guidelines.

This type of behavior is unacceptable, and +Tolero gave a very friendly and lenient warning, which was blatantly ignored.