PDA

View Full Version : Sarlona Dedicated Team: Venturing Virgins (Reformulated)

Xgemina
11-17-2007, 03:39 PM
We are a persistent roleplay group under the Dedicated Teams Guild on Sarlona (currently for roleplay we are light to medium but it depends on the members). We play every Saturday at 7:30PM EST/GMT-5. Newcomers to DDO or roleplaying are welcome!

Daylight Savings has now kicked in around the world (for those of us who have to worry about it :)) so check out the link below for times around the world

7:30 PM around the world (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=11&day=17&year=2007&hour=19&min=30&sec=0&p1=179)

The group rules are pretty standard for most Dedicated Team groups:

#1: Have fun!

#2: Voice is not required since we are here to role play and that happens through typing and not voice.

#3: No rushing since we will want to explore as if we had never entered the quest ever before.

#4: No gaining gifts, items or money, from characters not within the group.

#5: No using the auction house yet the brokers are fine as long as the character has followed rule #4.

#6: As with #4 and #5, the group is to be a persistent group and hence will be to share loot found between the members where someone else may use the item better than you; sharing makes the group stronger as a whole.

#7: The group will be light to heavy role play depending how we are feeling and Out of Character comments are to be done within (( )) brackets.

#8: Players are allowed to play a character as they see fit as maturity is the key to a persistent group.

If you have any inquiries, feel free to private message me and I will get back to you as quick as I can.

Our current character listing is as follows:

Current Members
Grieyls - 3rd Level Human Wizard
Velorna Silverfox - 2/1 Level Human Ranger/Rogue
Miarshun - 3rd Level Elf Cleric
Drednaught - 3rd Level Warforged Fighter

Alternate Members
Modoken - 3/1 Level Drow Bard/Fighter
Sailiana - 3rd Level Elf Cleric
Ivress - 4th Level Drew Rogue

Marrra
11-17-2007, 06:15 PM
I will be a half hour late to today's session. Sorry for the late notice.

Xgemina
11-18-2007, 12:34 PM
At this time I would like to welcome Sailiana to the party. Like our previous cleric she is an Undying Court cleric so it seems like they are very interested in our activities. Of course, with all of the undead popping up in Stormreach this may be a sign.

We are still looking for at least one more person to fill our ranks as we are unsure of the status of some of our members. If you are interested please respond to this thread or send Xgemina or Marrra a PM.

Symar-FangofLloth
11-18-2007, 01:06 PM
Heh, I thought I sent you a PM, but anyway, I'll post here too. I'm interested, and looking for a dedicated group again. However, I've not RP'ed here in Stormreach before, so it will be a new experience for me.

Xgemina
11-20-2007, 11:57 AM
I also wish to welcome Thornspike Swiftwing to our team. Thornspike is a barbarian from the Talenta Plains and we look forward to hiding behind him often.

We will be meeting in the Wayward Lobster this Saturday to once again descend into the murky waters of the Water Works. Seems Tember lost another set of cousins and kobolds, of course, breed like...well, kobolds.

Marrra
11-22-2007, 07:37 PM
*a note is given to Modoken on his arrival at the Wayward Lobster*

Had to leave town a while, you're on your own this week.
-Ivress

Xgemina
11-24-2007, 05:21 PM
Modoken reads the note from Ivress and sighing deeply compared it to the one he just received from Sailiana. While Ivress' note is short; Sailiana's note requires a large amount of parchment. Apparently the young elven cleric will not be able to attend due to familial commitments. “What is it with Undying Court clerics and their families,” he mused to himself.

((Sailiana was planning on being home after Thanksgiving, but failed her saving throw vs. begging mother to stay until Monday.))

Grieyls
11-29-2007, 02:05 AM
Sorry to say but I am unable to make it to the next two sessions, I have an international guest staying and I promised to show him around the city that I live in. As such I am pretty much unavailible for the next two weeks.

Many appologies.

Xgemina
11-30-2007, 11:50 AM
Needless to say you will be missed Grieyls. Hope you have an enjoyable time with your guest and we'll be waiting for you when you return.

Xgemina
12-01-2007, 03:11 PM
So far we've had 2 players express interest in joining our team: Gritten Orksbane a dwarf fighter and an elf cleric. I've invited both to run with us tonight in water works. Hope to see everyone there.

Marrra
12-02-2007, 10:03 PM
I am so sorry for missing the last session. My PC got heatstroke and wouldn't run. As this is becoming more common now it's summer, I'm going to have to cancel my subscription until I get my new PC in a couple of months. I am so sorry and hate to bail on you all. I hope you continue to have fun, and just assume Ivress is off chasing fortune elsewhere for a while.

Signing off,
Sad Marrra.

Xgemina
12-03-2007, 03:40 PM
With the sad news of Ivress taking a (hopefully) short sabatical; I spoke to Sailiana and she happened to know of a rogue that would be happy to come and work with us. Once I receive the rogue's name I will add it to the list in the top post.

Xgemina
12-08-2007, 06:32 PM
Game night tonight. Lets meet in the Wayward Lobster and we'll figure out what we're going to do tonight. We do have a rogue in the party: Velorna, who is taking the place of Sailiana (who has Undying Court business, imagine that). I have not heard from Gritten to see if he was going to show up tonight. I hope to tackle STK next week when our wizard gets back from his travels.

Grieyls
12-12-2007, 03:48 AM
Ok peeps, just letting you know I shall be online this weekend to again join in for adventure and loot... Heh ;)

Ah but a question... I see that you're all having a game night tonight or when ever so I'm asking has the game been shifted from the Sunday to Wednesday my time?

Xgemina
12-12-2007, 06:04 PM
Nope, our team is still set for Saturday night/Sunday morning. I'll be looking forward to seeing ya at our usual time.

Grieyls
12-13-2007, 01:58 AM
Excellent, then I am again looking forward to the next game ;)

Promethie
12-13-2007, 06:08 PM
I'm sorry for the unexpected absence of the last session, family issues.

For this up coming session i might be about an hour late.

Grieyls
12-15-2007, 07:15 PM
Alas I'm having a very frustrating time just loging in. I do not know what the issue is but I can't stay in game for any longer then a few seconds before the connection cuts out on me. As such I don't think I'll be in to play this session, not unless a miracle happens... Feel like banging my head against a wall.

I'm off to phone my IP provider and find out what the heck the issue is, in the mean time you all have fun.

Xgemina
12-15-2007, 09:39 PM
Ah so that's what happened Grieyls. I saw that you had signed on, but then you were gone again. Tonight it was Miarshun, Velorna and Modoken. We ran through the Cerulean Hills until we found all the explorer areas and then ran Kobolds New Ringleader on hard.

With no word from Gritten or Thornspike in the past 2 weeks we are looking again for some martial minded fellows. Miarshun has a friend who is interested and so we should see them next week. Once I get some more infomation I'll post it.

[edit] I have heard from Thornspike and he is planning on being on next Saturday. Miarshun, I have not heard from your friend yet, but whatever he wants to play, we could probably work with.

Xgemina
12-22-2007, 04:20 PM
I apologize for the late thread update. I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is Miarshun's friend did contact me and will be in game tonight. Be on the lookout for a warforge by the name of Drednaught.

I received word from Velorna/Sailiana that they will not be able to make it this weekend due to family issues. Modoken will also not be able to make it tonight either due to work issues. Seems one of my cow-orkers decided to call out sick today and I'm the idiot who answered my phone.*sigh*

Again, sorry for updating the thread so late. Hope everyone has a great time this week and that the Festivult Jester brings you all the goodies that you wanted.

Xgemina
01-17-2008, 09:40 PM
Well it's mid-January so I hope everyone had a great time over the holidays. I apologize that I have not been in game these last 3 weeks. Unfortunately, due to some changes at work I am no longer able to consistently have Saturday evenings off. I had thought that the situation was a minor bump that would be smoothed out, but it was painfully made clear to me this week that was not the case.

I have PM'ed Thalion to let him know that Modoken has stepped down as the leader of the Venturing Virgins Saturday/Sunday evening/morning group and that one of the remaining members would need to be promoted to guild officer. At this time, I am unsure who (if anyone) is still showing up for the team, but please choose amongst yourselves and PM Thalion with your choice.

It was a pleasure exploring Stormreach with you gentlemen and I hope to see you all in the game on the other days of the week.

Rason
04-10-2008, 06:53 AM
A dark, dank tavern in the market place. A dreary room which was once full of life and now filled with once wheelers and dealers of the large market place tent. Now.. their shop the Rusty Nail where hopefully, just hopefully, they are safe from harm from the demons of Shavarath.

A cold breeze comes through the door, a wet smell also, as if someone let in a wet cat. At the door stands a cloaked figure, head to toe in a woolen cloak.

The figure walks up to a table with at least one familiar figure at it.

"Morning, stranger," a woman voice, elven accent speaks to you, Modoken. Her cloak is wet, dripping on the floor from the rain outside. Before you say a word, she lowers the hood to reveal a once friend and leader of the group, Yyelana.

"I hear you had to step back, sad days have hit the city I see. I leave for half a year and hell, literally, breaks lose. I mean the market place, of all places!" Slowly she takes off the cloak to reveal not armour but instead warm clothes, hardly the sort of clothes to be going around the market place in with the recent attacks.

"Before you say anything, I know.. I heard through the grapevine that you are leaving the group for whatever ill omens you follow. I too, am not yet back, not entirely sure. The wind carried me here yet where it blows, I know not. What I am curious about though, is how many of the ilk are still around? Ivress, Grielys, how many of them? New members, perhaps? These are ill times, and ill times demand ill measures to be sure."

((Just popping my head in. Seems I was a wee bit late with Xgemina but maybe some of you still read this thread. Otherwise, I'm just knocking to see what dust falls :) I missed you lot, those who remember me. Times are good now and the PC is fixed, new power supply will fix her up 110% though and that is coming next week.))

Promethie
04-12-2008, 09:41 AM
((Actually, many others stopped showing as well, so another Saturday night group was formed. This is where it is at so far. (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=134046) As you can see were are not going very strong. You are welcome to join us on any Saturday))

~Miarshun

Rason
04-13-2008, 05:31 AM
((Thanks, I don't know though if I'll be in a group yet. I started this one originally. My main problem is I'm aussie, hence this group was at a comfortable time for both australian-type people and others around the world to an extent. Either way, I'll take a look and will think on it :) ))