PDA

View Full Version : Good PC's Summoning Fiendish Critters?

Khyron
11-17-2007, 03:00 AM
I was just curious if the issue of summoning creature types has ever come up? It occured to me Good Guys don't summon Efreetis, fiendish trolls and the like. They usually summon good guys, and in the case of clerics they have no choice (in PnP at least.)

Ghoste
11-17-2007, 06:12 AM
There are ways to remind good clerics of this. For example, you can cast dispell on an efreeti to sever the cleric's control, causing the cleric and the efreeti to make war, just as nature intended. :D:D:D

MysticTheurge
11-17-2007, 07:13 AM
In Eberron, alignment doesn't work the way you're used to.

Taur
11-18-2007, 09:35 AM
In Eberron, alignment doesn't work the way you're used to.

that's because eberron is the worst campaign setting that WoTC has ever given their blessing to.

MysticTheurge
11-18-2007, 09:46 AM
that's because eberron is the worst campaign setting that WoTC has ever given their blessing to.

Or the best. It all depends on your perspective.

Funny how things work like that.

Molotov
11-18-2007, 12:11 PM

but meanwhile you are here leveling and playing...

moorewr
11-18-2007, 12:25 PM
that's because eberron is the best campaign setting that WoTC has ever given their blessing to.

Fixed it for you.

Lorien_the_First_One
11-18-2007, 02:54 PM
I was just curious if the issue of summoning creature types has ever come up? It occured to me Good Guys don't summon Efreetis, fiendish trolls and the like. They usually summon good guys, and in the case of clerics they have no choice (in PnP at least.)

Where in PnP rules does it say that? There is a symetry in using evil to fight evil. The only risk is that in PnP in the last round the monster behaves "as it normally would" so the evil efreeti may turn on your...unless of course its enjoying smashing whatever its smashing...

MysticTheurge
11-18-2007, 02:59 PM
The only risk is that in PnP in the last round the monster behaves "as it normally would"

Where does it say that?