PDA

View Full Version : Lack of support for email spam harassment

Nott
11-16-2007, 01:57 PM
I'm posting today because I'm very upset about the total lack of customer service I've seen on this issue. Three days ago I posted a ticket complaining that player XXX (name withheld due to ridiculous forum rules) was sending out email spam solicitations. In response to that ticket I received what at first seemed like a reasonable response:

Good, Turbine is going to take this seriously... investigate it objectively and take care of the situation, right?

Two days ago my mail was again filled with the same spam solicitation, from the same character! Well, I guess Turbine's investigation didn't go so well, as they didn't really take care of anything yet. I submitted another ticket and received another response from Turbine... word-for-word identical to the prior response already quoted. This time I made sure not to delete XXX's spam mail, in case my prior deletion of it was the cause for investigative failure... I indicated as much in my ticket request.

Today, my mail is again filled with the same spam from XXX (yes, in all three cases, XXX is the same character name). I submitted my ticket yet again, and it was promptly responded to by the same GM as the prior two, with the same form response... clearly nothing more than a cut-n-paste reply.

In each case I'm assured that Turbine will investigate, and two out of three have resulted in nothing of substance happening. I'm beginning to think the only way I can adequately stop this from happening is to cancel my subscription -- this is not something I am threatening to do, I'm merely stating I see no other option.'

Turbine, do you honestly think providing the same form response, with no substantive action taken, is going to endear customers to you? While in most respects I'm very happy with DDO, and that will keep my subscription fee coming to you even though you refuse to take responsible action against this form of harassment, do you think it's likely I might also subscribe to another Turbine product? In case you just don't know, I'll lay it out for you: no way. You refuse to take care of me (where, by "take care", I simply mean protecting me from those who violate your clearly established rules), why would I take care of you (where, by "take care", I mean take steps to further increase your profit margin)?

Sparker
11-17-2007, 06:56 PM
Please PM me with your help request #s and I will look into this further for you.

I'm posting today because I'm very upset about the total lack of customer service I've seen on this issue. Three days ago I posted a ticket complaining that player XXX (name withheld due to ridiculous forum rules) was sending out email spam solicitations. In response to that ticket I received what at first seemed like a reasonable response:

Good, Turbine is going to take this seriously... investigate it objectively and take care of the situation, right?

Two days ago my mail was again filled with the same spam solicitation, from the same character! Well, I guess Turbine's investigation didn't go so well, as they didn't really take care of anything yet. I submitted another ticket and received another response from Turbine... word-for-word identical to the prior response already quoted. This time I made sure not to delete XXX's spam mail, in case my prior deletion of it was the cause for investigative failure... I indicated as much in my ticket request.

Today, my mail is again filled with the same spam from XXX (yes, in all three cases, XXX is the same character name). I submitted my ticket yet again, and it was promptly responded to by the same GM as the prior two, with the same form response... clearly nothing more than a cut-n-paste reply.

In each case I'm assured that Turbine will investigate, and two out of three have resulted in nothing of substance happening. I'm beginning to think the only way I can adequately stop this from happening is to cancel my subscription -- this is not something I am threatening to do, I'm merely stating I see no other option.'

Turbine, do you honestly think providing the same form response, with no substantive action taken, is going to endear customers to you? While in most respects I'm very happy with DDO, and that will keep my subscription fee coming to you even though you refuse to take responsible action against this form of harassment, do you think it's likely I might also subscribe to another Turbine product? In case you just don't know, I'll lay it out for you: no way. You refuse to take care of me (where, by "take care", I simply mean protecting me from those who violate your clearly established rules), why would I take care of you (where, by "take care", I mean take steps to further increase your profit margin)?