PDA

View Full Version : First Warforged. A little help,.......please.

Deaths_ward
11-14-2007, 11:48 PM
I've avoided warforged in DDO because I have my aversions. One of the biggest was that in PnP they were so overpowered it wasn't funny, my DM even barred them from play, and I just was never into them, but in my recent experimentation with different builds I've found myself wondering if a forgeling might be fun to play.

Not going caster, but I was looking for some ideas, and suggestions for WF Barb. Either 2-hander, or 2-weapon wielder. Both sounded different from what I usually play.

At any rate time grows short for me, and any input would be much appreciated.

captain1z
12-17-2007, 07:08 PM
Ive been playing for almost 2 years now and avoided WF because I thought they were dumb. 1 year into the game I made my 1st one. His name was Clockwerk and he was the 1st character I had managed to get to 10th level (the cap at the time). I no longer play on that server (khyber) so Ive since deleted him and given away all his goodies....he was a solid built High DR WF.

4 paladin/ 6 fighter I went heavy on STR & CON and a 12 on dex for the +1 bonus which was the best I could do with the adyman body.

His AC was well into the 40's, a DR of 9, had a lot of HP (at least I thought so till I built my dwarf) and the combo of being a pali & a WF made him immune to posions, fear, level drain, negetive energy and so forth. He was very functional......

I had no charisma so my pali-feats were useless (no LOH or Divine Grace bonus or spells) but I didnt think about adding a charisma item or tome.
I can think of a few things I would have done to tweak him out a bit but I you go with this combo Im sure you will figure out the right stat combo for you.

My most recent WF build is 6 cleric/ 2 fighter will finish off 8 fighter levels. I took the lord of the blades feat, use bursting scimitars and a keen greatsword ...... he dishes out some serious DPS but I feel like I could have done better with him...on the verge of deleting.

id say go with a pali/ fighter combo just to get used to the feel of a WF.... if you like it go from there................be prepared to buy lots of Pots

if you go 4pali/ 7 fighter/ 1 wizardyou can at least use wands Take the Wiz level 1st...goes quickly

starting stats (not accurate because I dont have any info in front of me ATM)

Str - 18 (get it as high as u can +2 level increases, +4 item, +3 feat bonus = 27 end ..you can do better Im sure)
Dex - 9 ( +3 item at to take advantage of +1 bonus to AC)
Con - 18 ( +4 item, +2 WF feat, +1 level increase = 25 end)
Int - 9 ( get a puzzle cap for using your spells, which will likely fail anyways and throw it away after 1st level)
Wis - 12 (the +1 will save is helpful)
Cha - 12 (+4 item gives you +3 to all saves end will save is over +10)

nothing extreme here - you could make it Uber if you have the right gear.

Hope this helps.

Aesop
12-17-2007, 07:13 PM
you've got a clockwork too Cap

mine are named Klockwerk Orange but I have 1 on every server I think... or close to it

Aesop

captain1z
12-17-2007, 07:23 PM
you've got a clockwork too Cap

mine are named Klockwerk Orange but I have 1 on every server I think... or close to it

Aesop

Had a "Clockwerk assassin" on khyber for about 6 months...from 8 months after launch. He was deleted after 10 th level because I stopped playing on khyber. names free now its yours unless someone else took it already.

Aesop
12-17-2007, 07:24 PM
I still need to put a Toughness Feat in there ... maybe at 15 and geab some Fighter Toughness... but yeah this is what she looks like for the most part (on Argo anyway)

Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 2.75
DDO Character Planner Home Page (http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO)

Klockwerk Orange
Level 14 Lawful Good Warforged Female
(10 Fighter \ 3 Paladin \ 1 Sorcerer)
Hit Points: 196
Spell Points: 166
BAB: 13\13\18\23
Fortitude: 16
Reflex: 7
Will: 7

Starting Feat/Enhancement
Abilities Base Stats Modified Stats
(32 Point) (Level 1) (Level 14)
Strength 18 24
Dexterity 11 11
Constitution 15 17
Intelligence 9 10
Wisdom 7 7
Charisma 12 13

Tomes Used
+1 Tome of Intelligence used at level 13

Starting Feat/Enhancement
Base Skills Modified Skills
Skills (Level 1) (Level 14)
Balance 2 -1
Bluff 1 1
Concentration 2 3
Diplomacy 1 1
Disable Device n/a n/a
Haggle 1 1
Heal -2 -2
Hide 0 -5
Intimidate 1 11
Jump 4 2
Listen -2 -2
Move Silently 0 -5
Open Lock n/a n/a
Perform n/a n/a
Repair -1 0
Search -1 0
Spot -2 -2
Swim 4 -3
Tumble n/a n/a
Use Magic Device n/a n/a

Level 1 (Paladin)
Feat: (Selected) Adamantine Body

Level 2 (Paladin)

Level 3 (Paladin)
Feat: (Selected) Improved Damage Reduction

Level 4 (Sorcerer)

Level 5 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons

Level 6 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Power Attack

Level 7 (Fighter)

Level 8 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Weapon Specialization: Slashing Weapons

Level 9 (Fighter)

Level 10 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Improved Critical: Slashing Weapons

Level 11 (Fighter)

Level 12 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Cleave

Level 13 (Fighter)

Level 14 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Great Cleave
Enhancement: Fighter Haste Boost I
Enhancement: Fighter Haste Boost II
Enhancement: Fighter Haste Boost III
Enhancement: Fighter Haste Boost IV
Enhancement: Follower of the Lord of Blades
Enhancement: Paladin Resistance of Good I
Enhancement: Paladin Charisma I
Enhancement: Fighter Strength I
Enhancement: Fighter Strength II
Enhancement: Fighter Strength III
Enhancement: Warforged Brute Fighting I
Enhancement: Warforged Brute Fighting II
Enhancement: Warforged Constitution I
Enhancement: Warforged Constitution II
Enhancement: Warforged Damage Reduction I
Enhancement: Warforged Damage Reduction II
Enhancement: Warforged Damage Reduction III
Enhancement: Warforged Healer's Friend I
Enhancement: Warforged Healer's Friend II
Enhancement: Warforged Power Attack I

captain1z
12-17-2007, 09:59 PM
NICE!!!! :)

You took sorc instead of wiz which works out better with the pali's cha. and still get wand usage. Good move. I'll keep that in mind when I rebuild my WF. I dont think the Bladesworn transformation is really impressing me for 1 min at at time every 10 mins. Not worth it for the drawbacks Im taking with my build. I wanna work 2 weapon fighting in also.

Aesop
12-17-2007, 10:02 PM
NICE!!!! :)

You took sorc instead of wiz which works out better with the pali's cha. and still get wand usage. Good move. I'll keep that in mind when I rebuild my WF. I dont think the Bladesworn transformation is really impressing me for 1 min at at time every 10 mins. Not worth it for the drawbacks Im taking with my build. I wanna work 2 weapon fighting in also.

Yeah I'm not getting it for this build either but... one of the other klockwerk builds will be ... but that's a battle cleric. I just took the basic enhancment ... well mostly for kicks but the extra +1 to hit with Greatswords could be nice... I might respec out of it at some point.

Aesop