PDA

View Full Version : Having 2 accounts/favor issues

Gum
11-14-2007, 12:17 PM
How about transferring your 1750 favor over to a new account once all of your character slots are full?

I just purchased a trial second account on DDO because I have reached my max character slots "9" on my original.

I mean shouldn't it be like an extension of your first account, or no? It's gonna be rough to earn the 1750 all

over again on a new account. If not this, than how about more character slots? I would be willing to pay for

them lol. I was just thinking that since I will be paying for 2 accounts, why not have my original 1750 favor I earned

transfer over to my new account since I'm out of character slots. Thank you for any input or consideration. :)

Thoughts?

llevenbaxx
11-14-2007, 12:37 PM
Yeah I have a friend who is going to start playing too. I wouldnt mind starting him off with 32pt characters from the get go too.;)

Basically, if they implimented this, they might as well allow for the 32pt premium service as well.

I would get fully behind more slots though.:)

Gum
11-14-2007, 01:07 PM
Yeah I have a friend who is going to start playing too. I wouldnt mind starting him off with 32pt characters from the get go too.;)

Basically, if they implimented this, they might as well allow for the 32pt premium service as well.

I would get fully behind more slots though.:)

I see your point,

I had not thought of that at all. Looks like it would be an exploit. Maybe Turbine could come up with an idea

to stop this and only let the original 1750 account create a new account and transfer it over....or just give us

more character slots even if they are a premium service.

Thx for the input.

Nefahrin
11-14-2007, 01:13 PM
But if it turns into a premium service, can I transfer my toons from the second account and just pay extra to have them all on one account??

Oreg
11-14-2007, 01:14 PM
It won't so don't sweat it.

Nefahrin
11-14-2007, 01:18 PM
It won't so don't sweat it.

I know, but that's something I'd actually pay for just for the convenience of not having to log in and out of the game
just to play a character on that second account :)

Gum
11-14-2007, 02:09 PM
I know, but that's something I'd actually pay for just for the convenience of not having to log in and out of the game
just to play a character on that second account :)

Yes,

this does get old.

Bogenbroom
11-14-2007, 03:12 PM
Anyone else avoid getting into groups because you'd have to log out and log into the other account complete with the 30 seconds of the client not wanting to do anything before you can put your password back in? Meh, I hate that.

And no. I had to struggle to get both my accounts to 1750. I *HATE* it when stuff I had to struggle through all of a sudden becomes easy. I start having EQ flashbacks and want to yarf. The idea itself is not bad, but I get REALLY squirrelly when old obstacles fade away. Too dangerous to the the game equilibrium.

HumanJHawkins
11-14-2007, 06:41 PM
<CUT>I just purchased a trial second account on DDO because I have reached my max character slots "9" on my original.<CUT>

I hate to cost Turbine money by telling you this, but you do know that you can play 9 toons per server don't you? You will still have the 28 pt. problem, but if you just log into another server, you will have the extra 28 pt. toons without the $15/month.

Also, it is more likely (maybe even currently an option?) that turbine will offer to move a toon between servers as a $25 premium service... So, move your 1750 favor toon over (if/when it is possible) and create more 32 pointers.

Gum
11-14-2007, 10:14 PM
I hate to cost Turbine money by telling you this, but you do know that you can play 9 toons per server don't you? You will still have the 28 pt. problem, but if you just log into another server, you will have the extra 28 pt. toons without the $15/month.

Also, it is more likely (maybe even currently an option?) that turbine will offer to move a toon between servers as a $25 premium service... So, move your 1750 favor toon over (if/when it is possible) and create more 32 pointers.

Thanks for the suggestion. The only problem is I wouldn't be able to put these new toons on another server in my guild on argonessen.

but this is a good suggestion, ty.

lostinjapan
11-15-2007, 04:24 AM
Along this same thread, does our favor transfer if we pay to have one (1750 favor) character transferred to the new account? Anyone know?

Urguloth
11-15-2007, 04:38 AM
I have been waiting on something to come up since last Sept. now. No response other than CS telling me to open a thread which got completely ignored.

Cowdenicus
11-15-2007, 05:17 AM
Who here would pay 50% more for their account per month (so 22.50) for the ability to have 4-5 extra character slots per server???

issiana
11-15-2007, 05:59 AM
Along this same thread, does our favor transfer if we pay to have one (1750 favor) character transferred to the new account? Anyone know?

i didnt think we could transfer characters between different accounts. I thought it was only between different servers on the same account.

lostinjapan
11-15-2007, 09:15 AM
i didnt think we could transfer characters between different accounts. I thought it was only between different servers on the same account.

That's what I meant (sorry, tired when I posted). Does our favor transfer as well to the other server?

Mad_Bombardier
11-15-2007, 09:15 AM
That's what I meant (sorry, tired when I posted). Does our favor transfer as well to the other server?Yes it does. You may have to talk to Nyx again, but the favor goes with you.