PDA

View Full Version : In game audio question

mardersteinel
11-13-2007, 11:10 PM
Sometimes it is easy to hear the in game voice chat and other times it can be very quiet compared to the game audio (unless someone shouts - "GET IN THE SHRINE IF YOU WANT TO LIVE").

Is there a way to change the settings such that the player audio is made louder compared to the game noise or can nothing be done?
Thanks

Mad_Bombardier
11-14-2007, 08:10 AM
You can turn all your other game sounds down; Sound Effects, Music, DM Text. And leave Voice Volume at full (1.00). Just play with it until you can hear voice chat easier.

tihocan
11-14-2007, 11:36 AM
Sometimes, also ask people to raise their mic volume (of course only if you can hear other people correctly).

transtemporal
11-18-2007, 05:04 PM
As Ticohan mentioned, you can ask people to raise the volume of their mic in-game, and if that doesn't work, also ask them to raise the master mic volume in windows as well. They probably have a directional mic and turning up the master volume means they can sit back from the mic a little and you'll still pick them up nice and clear. Test it though. It should be loud enough that you can hear them clearly, with them sitting at their usual distance from the mic, without distortion and without blowing everyones speakers.

I generally have my windows master mic volume on 75% and then adjust mic volume in-game up in increments until I get it where I want it. With setting up a directional mic, the important thing is to set it up sitting in the place you'll usually sit when gaming.