PDA

View Full Version : Slow regen

Thame
11-12-2007, 04:14 PM
So the plan is to make everyone slowly regen when they are incapped for a period of time.

The problem will be that when someone goes incapped the mobs will do 1 of 2 things.
1), they will wonder away then come back a few seconds later and finish killing you....or
2 they will stand beside you and wait for the first live person to come into their area, then they kill you and go after the new person.
So either way you die. So..........
IMO no point to doing this if these 'bugs' will not be fixed.

Kire
11-12-2007, 04:16 PM

So what do you suggest the mobs do?

~Kire

Thame
11-12-2007, 04:22 PM
Well does a zombie have the int to know the diff between a dead or incap person? You want to get technical go buy a manual, they posted this, I responded.

Kaldais
11-12-2007, 04:24 PM
So the plan is to make everyone slowly regen when they are incapped for a period of time.

The problem will be that when someone goes incapped the mobs will do 1 of 2 things.
1), they will wonder away then come back a few seconds later and finish killing you....or
2 they will stand beside you and wait for the first live person to come into their area, then they kill you and go after the new person.

What bugs? The MOBs are obviousely imploring a trap to ambush any would be rescuers, and slaughter you until the would be rescuers shows up. Once the trap is spring, there is no need to keep the bait alive anymore.

Arnya
11-12-2007, 04:39 PM
Just like snipers in 'nam - never seen Full Metal Jacket?

Impaqt
11-12-2007, 04:44 PM

What Bugs?

A Mob Knocks you Incap..... Looks like your Dead to them.. They move on to the next target. You get up, whoa! Hes not dead.. Wack wack wack....

If you dont want to regen back to your feet, just /Death. WHile Incapped, you are NOT teleported back to your tavern.

GuitarHero
11-12-2007, 05:17 PM
What Bugs?

A Mob Knocks you Incap..... Looks like your Dead to them.. They move on to the next target. You get up, whoa! Hes not dead.. Wack wack wack....

If you dont want to regen back to your feet, just /Death. WHile Incapped, you are NOT teleported back to your tavern.

Yeah, pretty much what he said. I think this is more for the soloist's benefit. or one guy pops up, chugs a heal, and sprints off, leaving the cleric to heal everyone else...

Impaqt
11-12-2007, 05:54 PM
eaten by cube

ALl we did was ask what you meant by your statement.. If you cant explain what you think the problem is then maybe there isnt one.

WeaselKing
11-12-2007, 06:05 PM

I seems to me that this is part of how the devs are eliminating /death exploits. I believe that when mod 6 comes out even those who are incap and /death will revert to tavern because there will be no more "I'm incap three steps from a shrine" problems, you will either die or come back to life no getting stuck incap (and yes you will have to stabilize before you regenerate but of course warforged auto-stabilize which is why they are a superior race). In fact, mod 6 will probably see /death eliminated (IMHO) and either replaced with /stuck (since that will be the only valid use left) but its functionality will probably be like recall so maybe even that won't be there. I might be wrong about this but it seems to me to be the logical next step of what the devs are trying to achieve.

Kerr
11-12-2007, 06:25 PM
What Bugs?

What possible good reason would anyone have to intentionally kill their character while incapped, unless they were alone and not getting any help? The chance of being able to recover and stand up, with enough time to perhaps get a potion swallowed or spell cast would be worth the shot at not taking a penalty due to death. Worse case scenario you regen, stand up and die immediately, but at least you had a CHANCE of surviving.

transtemporal
11-12-2007, 06:39 PM
Actually, /stuck would be really handy. In the weekend I saw 4 instances of people getting stuck on boxes or geometry, and they had to recall or DD. Would be useful for ladders too from time to time.

Impaqt
11-12-2007, 06:44 PM
What possible good reason would anyone have to intentionally kill their character while incapped, unless they were alone and not getting any help? .

Thats the Prime reason right there.... Many people solo a Lot of quests..... and if I have a better chance to /death and get to the shrine rather than waiting a few minutes to regen, I'd rather do that.

captain1z
11-12-2007, 06:52 PM
I solo pretty often......

regening would have saved me many times when I get incapped and stablize......
after regening I could do a quick LOH or cast a pot/drink something.

most of my solo characters can mount great comebacks because I conserve (to a fault) and when I drop I usually have a lot of sp
or reserve healing left that I just didnt use because I was stupid or slow atm. Many times Ive dropped while simultaneously
clicking the LOH button. (because it will max me out in HP...I usually w8 until the last possible second)

Right now my only 2 options are....release to tavern..or put up an LFM = help me im incapped but stable (I would never here the end of it)

and /stuck would be great ...if it let you choose a respawn point up to 3 feet away in any direction

Falco_Easts
11-12-2007, 07:50 PM
eaten by cube

[eaten by cube]
You come to life with 1 hp, chances are you will have time to chug a pot to buy you more time to run or heal before the monsters strike.
This is a great idea in my opinion.

salmag
11-12-2007, 08:57 PM
Why not bring rings of regeneration and vampiric rings of regeneration into the game.

captain1z
11-13-2007, 01:26 AM
Why not bring rings of regeneration and vampiric rings of regeneration into the game.

The troll ring used to drop...I dont think it does anymore. It gave you 1 hp every minute...I dont think its really worth it but I ll take it if its free.

Do body-feeders count as vampiric...I know probably not...but its close...right??...Right!!!

Hendrik
11-13-2007, 06:17 AM
Have the forums degenerated so much that we are starting to complain about possible future bugs that we may or may not have in some future release not yet out?

Talk about jumping the shark....

Aspenor
11-13-2007, 06:33 AM
eaten by cube

I find it funny that he's complaining about something as small and ineffectual as an incapacitation mechanic. How often is he planning on being incapacitated anyway?