PDA

View Full Version : Some Hope For The Twelve???

ThrasherGT
11-09-2007, 10:50 AM
I was just out at The Twelve (pining like always to see that darn force field down :( ), and I opened up the Map of the instance.
Lo and behold: there are now 4 collectors out there beyond the tower in the back of the instance!:eek: Maybe there's hope yet......:rolleyes:

Peace and Chicken Grease:D

Kerr
11-09-2007, 10:57 AM
Were you able to target and examine them? Get any information on what they are looking for?

ThrasherGT
11-09-2007, 11:02 AM
Were you able to target and examine them? Get any information on what they are looking for?

Sadly, no....all you get are their names.......Which are: The Poisoner, Zandeau The Perfect, Valken Vorn, and Wyrdsteel

ZEFFLON
11-09-2007, 11:07 AM
The four new collectors are the:

Poisioner
Zandeau the Perfect
Valken Vorn
Wyrdsteel

and on the other side of the force field is Geriatus

Wondering if this going to open up soon. Hope so.

Zeff

Dane_McArdy
11-09-2007, 11:50 AM
They have always been there.

The 12 was open in beta, and you got the top level spells and components there. It was closed when the game went live and the spells and components moved to other locations within the game.

Glacier123
11-09-2007, 12:13 PM
There have been hints that Mod 6 will involve planar travel (I believe in the DDO podcast interview with the producer). To me, that seems like something that would actually be of interest to The Twelve. Various Devs have stated that they aren't interested in us yet because we are still too low level for them. Maybe with the level cap increase in Mod 6, we won't be too low level for them anymore.

chippy
11-09-2007, 12:30 PM
Now I feel like a total geek for bringing this up… but… if you look at the eberron play setting book (yes they make books still) it explains what the 12 is. Right now we are playing in xen’drik which is the south west most continent of a four continent world. Just north of us is Khorvaire which is really the main part of eberron. Yea I really don’t understand why but ddo started us out kinda in the middle of noplace as far as eberron goes. Anyhoo… one of the main features of Khorvaire is the magic school called the 12. My guess would be that… by going to the building the market place you would be transported to the school where you could then leave the school and be in Khorvaire. I would also suspect that turbine was planning on using the 12 as a gateway to new content for the first paid expansion that was first planned on for February 08. But as many of us who watch these things know… was taken off the market. Now come on guys… I am not the only geek that plays this game…

Dane_McArdy
11-09-2007, 01:07 PM
Now I feel like a total geek for bringing this up… but… if you look at the eberron play setting book (yes they make books still) it explains what the 12 is. Right now we are playing in xen’drik which is the south west most continent of a four continent world. Just north of us is Khorvaire which is really the main part of eberron. Yea I really don’t understand why but ddo started us out kinda in the middle of noplace as far as eberron goes. Anyhoo… one of the main features of Khorvaire is the magic school called the 12. My guess would be that… by going to the building the market place you would be transported to the school where you could then leave the school and be in Khorvaire. I would also suspect that turbine was planning on using the 12 as a gateway to new content for the first paid expansion that was first planned on for February 08. But as many of us who watch these things know… was taken off the market. Now come on guys… I am not the only geek that plays this game…

The choose Xen'Drik because of the endless possiblities of a huge variety of adventures. And it seems to be central to the draconic prohpesies. The most amoung of dragon shards are found there.

But the 12 is the name of the organization of magic where each house has members part of, who do the research on magic, dragon shards and such. The 12 do have a branch in Stormreach. In fact just about all the houses have some form of representative there. Not all have wards, but the rich vaule of artifacts and more in Xen'Drik makes it of interest to everyone of Eberron.

chippy
11-09-2007, 01:21 PM
Well I have a copy of the book so I will take another look at it tonight… but I do remember that the school is called “The Twelve”. But you really need to read the book again because it states directly that Xen’drik is an out of the way place. We would have had WAY more possibilities if we had started in Khorvaire. If you look at all of the current Eberron modules almost all of them start in Khorvaire or assume that you are starting in Khorvaire. Heck if you look at the dungeons and dragons site all of the maps and play settings are all from Khorvaire. Now I can ask James Wyatt… again… what he things about DDO starting in Xen’drik but I am sure I am going to get the same response which was that he had no clue why Khorvaire was not used instead. But… I don’t want to make it sound like I am the bigger geek but did you read “Eberron Campaign Setting”

Quarion
11-09-2007, 01:22 PM
The

Twelve

is

Mysterious

And

Magical.

DaveyCrockett
11-09-2007, 01:36 PM
Of all the Five Nations, the one with the strongest military tradition is Karrnath. Ruled by King Kaius III, Karrnath suffered horribly during the Last War, with famine and disease nearly crippling the nation. Much like Breland, Karrnath has a growing industrial machine that outstrips the ability of its agricultural production, but unlike Breland, Karrnath has a strong military tradition. Every able-bodied man and woman serves a mandatory two-year term in the military, and the country is still a hereditary military dictatorship under martial law even after the Treaty of Thronehold. Another strange aspect of Karrnath is its blatant use of undead as soldiers; enhanced zombies and skeletons make up entire divisions of Karrnath’s armies, and its most important border forts are protected by undead garrisons.

Karrnath’s government is composed of an extended royal family ruling over nobles who have become its warlords over the course of the Last War, and unrest at the current peace is at times apparent. House Deneith makes its home in Karrlakton, and from here carry out their work as guards for hire and international police officers. House Jorasco also makes its home in Karrnath, with the Healers Guild operating out of a massive complex within Vedykar. The Twelve, the arcane academy set up centuries ago by the dragonmarked houses, floats above the capital at Korth; the once-prominent academy is currently at a crossroads after losing a large number of senior wizards to the Last War as they went to defend their respective homelands. Another important group is the once-sanctioned–but–now–illegal Order of the Emerald Claw, a group the represents the greatest in Karrnathi nationalism but has become a thorn in the side of the nation’s rulers in recent years.

This is all that I could find so far about the mystical, magical, mysterious 'The Twelve"

Christoph
11-09-2007, 01:44 PM
Well I have a copy of the book so I will take another look at it tonight… but I do remember that the school is called “The Twelve”. But you really need to read the book again because it states directly that Xen’drik is an out of the way place. We would have had WAY more possibilities if we had started in Khorvaire. If you look at all of the current Eberron modules almost all of them start in Khorvaire or assume that you are starting in Khorvaire. Heck if you look at the dungeons and dragons site all of the maps and play settings are all from Khorvaire. Now I can ask James Wyatt… again… what he things about DDO starting in Xen’drik but I am sure I am going to get the same response which was that he had no clue why Khorvaire was not used instead. But… I don’t want to make it sound like I am the bigger geek but did you read “Eberron Campaign Setting”

Actually yes, I did read the Ebberon Campaing setting, and Xendrik is the continent on which Dragons and Giants once ruled, along with where the drow/elves where slaves to the Giants. As to why it was used instead of Khorvaire, why not.

chippy
11-09-2007, 01:48 PM
That’s it! Thanks for finding that dude! That is the part I was talking about. Finally good geek shows up with the text from the book. Now my hope is that this will open up Korth as the new starting point much like Stormreach is now. So you would start the game in Stormreach then use The Twelve as a teleporter to move you to Korth. Since I don’t think you can get to Korth by ship. Or you wouldn’t… you would have to go all the way around Khorvaire first.

So… was Mysterious and Magical comment suppose to be a hint… or a way to say stop talking about this turbine hasn’t made a statement about it yet?

Coldin
11-09-2007, 01:50 PM
The

Twelve

is

Mysterious

And

Magical.

Hmm...6 words. Mod 6 is around the corner. So the Twelve must be coming in Mod 6! :cool:

Twerpp
11-09-2007, 01:54 PM
Hmm...6 words. Mod 6 is around the corner. So the Twelve must be coming in Mod 6! :cool:

Hmmm or maybe Mod 6 is coming in Mod 12!

Dane_McArdy
11-09-2007, 02:01 PM

Reading or not reading, and I have read it, doesn't apply as to why Turbine started in Xen'Drik. I've got the Campaign setting, the players guide, the secrets of Xendrik, Sharn city of towers, magic of eberron and more.

Xen'Drik is out of the way. Stormreach is called the Gateway to Xen'Drik, and is the starting point for many adventures and missions and exploration into the continent of Xen'Drik. Getting to Stormreach is easy. You can do boat or airship.

There is a whole source book about Xen'Drik, as there is for other lands.

Beherit_Baphomar
11-09-2007, 02:27 PM
The

Twelve

is

Mysterious

And

Magical.

Oooooeeeeeewwwww!

Mysterious.

ccheath776
11-09-2007, 02:30 PM
Hmmm or maybe Mod 6 is coming in Mod 12!

*BLEEEP* Foul illegal use of a pun in a thread.
Thats a 15 thread penalty. It still remains second down!!

ccheath776
11-09-2007, 02:34 PM
The

Twelve

is

Mysterious

And

Magical.

My wizard can beat up your twelve.

The

Twelve

Has

Just

been

pwned

:p:p

Gratch
11-09-2007, 03:06 PM
Q with his subtle hints. Just making us sit around wondering about the Twelve and the awesomeness that can result therein. So mean of you.

My rebuttal:

TWELVE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDm0PqjAF78)

Dane_McArdy
11-09-2007, 03:44 PM
So I can gloat later, I thought there might be a clue in the last mailed Chronical where they mentioned that the call to help the 12 seemed to be on the horizon.

Christoph
11-09-2007, 03:48 PM
Wait, people read the chronicle??? FOR SHAME!!!!

Beherit_Baphomar
11-09-2007, 03:51 PM
Wait, people read the chironicle??? FOR SHAME!!!!

Whats a chronicle?

Sevann
11-09-2007, 04:31 PM
Q with his subtle hints. Just making us sit around wondering about the Twelve and the awesomeness that can result therein. So mean of you.

My rebuttal:

WOW. I'm suprised that someone had that.

Cowdenicus
11-09-2007, 05:28 PM
House D'Cow is also very intrested in all your powerful magics and magical items.

GreyRogue
11-09-2007, 05:51 PM
... Xen’drik is an out of the way place. We would have had WAY more possibilities if we had started in Khorvaire. If you look at all of the current Eberron modules almost all of them start in Khorvaire or assume that you are starting in Khorvaire. Heck if you look at the dungeons and dragons site all of the maps and play settings are all from Khorvaire. Now I can ask James Wyatt… again… what he things about DDO starting in Xen’drik but I am sure I am going to get the same response which was that he had no clue why Khorvaire was not used instead.
I kind of remember Turbine saying at one point (probably pre-beta) that this is EXACTLY why DDO is set in Xen'drik rather than Khorvaire. Rather than setting the game in Khorvaire, the place that the bulk of the published material deals with, Turbine deliberately put the game in a place where there was little official content. This was to avoid problems of constantly having to work around established canon and to allow DDO to even create some canon as far as Xen'drik goes. Like I said, I'm not positive that this is reason, but I do remember a discussion about it on the old boards before launch.

Aesop
11-09-2007, 06:00 PM
The

Twelve

is

Mysterious

And

Magical.

SO... what you are saying is that what is know about the Twelve is that it is a very powerful and mysterious place...

and...

its mystery is only exceeded by its power

sounds like the plot from a cheesy movie

DUDE you got a dragonmark.

SWEET so did you dude.

Petro
11-09-2007, 06:03 PM

My rebuttal:

I actualy watch all 2:42 of this.
funny

PhoenixFire31
11-09-2007, 06:30 PM
I kind of remember Turbine saying at one point (probably pre-beta) that this is EXACTLY why DDO is set in Xen'drik rather than Khorvaire. Rather than setting the game in Khorvaire, the place that the bulk of the published material deals with, Turbine deliberately put the game in a place where there was little official content. This was to avoid problems of constantly having to work around established canon and to allow DDO to even create some canon as far as Xen'drik goes. Like I said, I'm not positive that this is reason, but I do remember a discussion about it on the old boards before launch.

This is what I was going to say lol. I am certain there was discussion on this.

Lorien_the_First_One
11-09-2007, 06:44 PM
The

Twelve

is

Mysterious

And

Magical.

Wow, thanks for clearing that up Q!!! :D

Bradik_Losdar
11-09-2007, 07:49 PM
I just have to laugh at the given reason we aren't allowed into the Twelve yet:

"You are not powerful enough yet to be of use to the Twelve"

*uses best Ace Ventura voice* "Oh reeaaallllyyyyy......"

- We've saved the entire continent of Xen'drik from being destroyed by an ancient atomic bom....oops, magical doomsday device and placated some of the most powerful creatures in the world (Dragons) in doing so.

- We've stopped the ascension of a evil diety, altering the course of known (and unknown) existence for all of Eberron.

All I gotta say is those guys in the Twelve must smoking some pretty strange stuff if smacking down a potential god and saving a good chunk of the planet from vaporizing isn't good enough for us to get noticed by them.... :p

issiana
11-09-2007, 08:02 PM

- We've saved the entire continent of Xen'drik from being destroyed by an ancient atomic bom....oops, magical doomsday device and placated some of the most powerful creatures in the world (Dragons) in doing so.

- We've stopped the ascension of a evil diety, altering the course of known (and unknown) existence for all of Eberron.

All I gotta say is those guys in the Twelve must smoking some pretty strange stuff if smacking down a potential god and saving a good chunk of the planet from vaporizing isn't good enough for us to get noticed by them.... :p

its a conspiracy....

the 12 actually set all these events in motion to test us to see if we where worthy to be noticed by them :p

JXS
11-15-2007, 01:46 AM
my wife was in beta, she did a lot of exploring and from what she told me of The Twelve that it hinted that it was the location where you would unlock the monk class
also its not like the devs havent already been hinting at traveling planescape. prison of planes? traveling to the marut home plane in the desecrated temple of vol?

Dub
11-15-2007, 02:41 AM

And they all happened in Eberron.

Can't wait to see what happens when we can travel to Xoriat! If my brain jogs me right, the daelkyr were supposed to be pretty fierce as opposed to the dal quor, and the dal quor could have destroyed the planet. There is much more than a failed God and a couple of dragons for us to deal with, then maybe we can go smoke with the twelve.

Mad_Bombardier
11-15-2007, 09:06 AM
my wife was in beta, she did a lot of exploring and from what she told me of The Twelve that it hinted that it was the location where you would unlock the monk classThe Twelve is alliance of the most powerful arcane spellcasters in Eberron. Sorry, no reference to monks in the lore.

Oreg
11-15-2007, 09:13 AM
Yeah been around since early beta as well and never seen a reference to monks and the Twelve. I do believe those npcs have been there forever or at least at varying times in the last few years.