PDA

View Full Version : Devs, Please Look at Raid Poll Closely!

Kerr
11-08-2007, 12:04 PM
So far the Raid that is well ahead of everything else is a Raid that doesn't require flagging of any kind and compared to the other Raids has lesser loot and not even a Warded Chest!

People LOVE running Tempest Spine because it's fun. It doesn't take an hour to prepare a group of people by running a bunch of quests to get flagged again, it doesn't have a Raid timer, and it allows a large group to go in and kick some butt!

Please SERIOUSLY consider this poll for some future development of new non-flagging Raids that can be PUG'ged easily such as TS!

Yajerman01
11-08-2007, 12:08 PM
/signed

maddmatt70
11-08-2007, 12:27 PM
I am sorry but I dislike tempest spine. I like the no flagging aspect to it like everyone else, but I hate the get in a group and zerge to the end mentality for a raid. A raid should actually have some sort of strategy, thinking aspect, challengish part to it. A quest that really is an expanded pop run has no business being a raid..

Aspenor
11-08-2007, 12:46 PM
I am sorry but I dislike tempest spine. I like the no flagging aspect to it like everyone else, but I hate the get in a group and zerge to the end mentality for a raid. A raid should actually have some sort of strategy, thinking aspect, challengish part to it. A quest that really is an expanded pop run has no business being a raid..

I'd call it a glorified Stormcleave, more than a POP, but yeah, I dislike TS. *snore*

Memnir
11-08-2007, 01:23 PM
Hate to keep beating the same drum as of late... but...

People have been asking for another TS-like raid since Beta. Maybe now the Devs will pay attention.
Oh, and I feel bad for the development time spent on the Abbot raid... less than 1%. Ouch.

ArkoHighStar
11-08-2007, 02:08 PM
I'd call it a glorified Stormcleave, more than a POP, but yeah, I dislike TS. *snore*

let me ask you this when you first did it was it boring, or is it only boring now because we are lvl 14 and have moved onto bigger and better things. Compare it to the reaver and you are not allowed to be the guy tanking him, you just get to throw out the dance balls and pk the earth elementals, to me that can be boring

Borrigain
11-08-2007, 02:29 PM
Why do all the raids now-a-days seem to be "just stand in a room and fight"?

Think about it.

1) Dragon - one "big" room. (with some pillars)
2) Titan - one not so big room (with some pillars)
3) DQ - medium sized room (with archer's on pillars)
4) Reaver - medium sized room (mostly, then small room with puzzle) (hug pillars during anti-gravity)
5) Abbott - medium room with ported puzzles (are THEY on pillars too?...lol)

"Hmmm.....I think the dev's like pillars for some reason"

At least tempest is a raid that has a dungeon feel to it.

so....

/signed. I'd like to have raids that have more of a dungeon flair to it. Like the titan and dragon.....the pre-raid is 12 man and rolls right into the "1 room".

The last 3 blow big donkey _____ - if you know what I mean. :D

ccheath776
11-08-2007, 02:48 PM
So far the Raid that is well ahead of everything else is a Raid that doesn't require flagging of any kind and compared to the other Raids has lesser loot and not even a Warded Chest!

People LOVE running Tempest Spine because it's fun. It doesn't take an hour to prepare a group of people by running a bunch of quests to get flagged again, it doesn't have a Raid timer, and it allows a large group to go in and kick some butt!

Please SERIOUSLY consider this poll for some future development of new non-flagging Raids that can be PUG'ged easily such as TS!

The poll was a good one. No doubts there Ehh?

But its all in how the devs take it is whats important. Will they take the poll and run with it, changing all of the flagging processes as we know it. Or just keep right on doing what they do.
Its in their ball park now. The players have said their piece and not much more needs to be said.
Flagging is not popular with the playing populace and needs to be considered in the next raid design.

I do feel bad for all the hard work they put into the abbott to only see it being shunned, it can be frustrating. But in the end they need to take the hits of criticism, move on and then try to improve it. Thats how business works. Dont dwell on bad decisions or poor design. Look to how it can be fixed or made better. It doesn't matter whether it is poorly designed or not or who's idea it was. There is a player need for the abbott to be adjusted in a few ways to make it more playable. The poll proves that.
There's no need to call for heads to roll or flaming or calling the devs names about the abbott.
To me its, fix it, adjust it, do whatever it takes and move on then get a pat on the back and a cupcake for all the hard work.

muffinlad
11-08-2007, 02:53 PM
I love TS.

There are some great items in the end chest now (but not unbalancing), and a fun time is had by all. Try it on Elite for levels 8-10 for a fun, fast, challenge.

Level 13-14? Not so much....but a TS upgrade in a future module would be nice too.

Regs,

muffin'jak

Yaga_Nub
11-08-2007, 02:56 PM
I love TS.

There are some great items in the end chest now (but not unbalancing), and a fun time is had by all. Try it on Elite for levels 8-10 for a fun, fast, challenge.

Level 13-14? Not so much....but a TS upgrade in a future module would be nice too.

Regs,

muffin'jak

NO NO NO. This is lower level raid so it should not be adjusted for higher levels at all. They have already made it a very nice fight on normal for level appropriate groups. 8-10s need a raid they can do on elite.

Pellegro
11-08-2007, 03:26 PM
love TS and would love to see another like it.

but its worth mentioning that its not a raid like the others are a raid. its basically just a regular quest, that is long, that you can take 12 people in.

that said, its fun. and thats why we play. so i say, more!

Kerr
11-08-2007, 04:47 PM
Well everyone who hates TS, you're obviously in the minority. I hope the Devs take this poll and run with it, and setup some new Raids like TS.

Hell, I remember the days when Irestone Inlet was a Raid!!

maddmatt70
11-08-2007, 07:50 PM
Actually I think this is a poorly implemented poll not that I am disputing that TS is first, but more the what is second and third. The poll asks "what is your favorite raid?". If they were next to ask "What is your favorite raid if they all were to have the same flagging mechanism?" The polls would reveal two things a: how important flagging is to people, b: what truely are peoples' favorite raid in regards to content/loot/etc. If they just asked "What is your favorite raid if they all were to have the same flagging mechanism?" they would at least know b, but the question as is tells them very little. Really this is a question to make us feel better. So do you all feel better?

Kargon
11-09-2007, 10:55 AM
Nothiming beat runnaming good old TSE nakamed and with nothiming but rock on a stick for a weapamon!

Kerr
11-09-2007, 10:56 AM
Well TS continues to run at the lead, a good 15% ahead of everything else!

Kerr
11-19-2007, 11:31 AM
661 votes now and TS still leads the pack by a significant margin.

Devs please take notice! People love Raids that don't require flagging or significant involvement to setup.

My suggestion stands:

Take the map to some outdoor areas and change mob placement and setup in it. Instead of being an outdoor explorer zone, make the zone be a Raid.

Take the desert for instance. Have an army of mobs amassed that's preparing for a strike on the Zawabi's Refuge. They could be striking back in revenge for the death of the Demon Queen. Drowpions, Drow, Gnolls, Elementals, Undead, all ready to strike against the heros that destroyed that snake could be lined up in camps. To prevent the damage to the Refuge, a stalwart band of 12 do a preemptive strike to take them out!

stockwizard5
11-19-2007, 02:07 PM
I always thought a non-flagged TS style raid Level 10 (11/12) in Threnal would be great ... add explorer/rare/slayer and it could become the area of choice for those tough to level 9-11s.