PDA

View Full Version : If Cholthulzz Bugs, Don't Bother With a Ticket

Ghoste
11-08-2007, 05:25 AM
Ran Ghosts of Perdition on elite, after a very difficult run we beat the beholder. Unfortunately he bugged out and we were not able to speak to him to get quest completion. So I did what any trusting player would do: I submitted a ticket.

GM responds (I have his name for any Devs who read this and want to know) and says the only way he can help us is to respawn him. So I say ok...then I quickly say wait, does that mean you're going to respawn him at full health and angry in the middle of our party with no sp left?

GM didn't respond, about 10 seconds passed and he sends a tell, there, he should be in the dungeon with you. And there he was, and nuked our unsuspecting party (half of which was afk).

So we got down to business and started fighting him. Again. After we knocked his health down to the first notch, guess what? He disapeared like he does when you run the quest normally. So we're all sitting down at the bottom, with the beholder probably somewhere way up where the first floor breaks. What are we supposed to do at that point?

So the point is, just rerun the whole quest, cuz the GMs will basically make you do that anyways.

On the up side, I did learn you can squelch a GM. :D

Sparker
11-08-2007, 08:25 PM
I apologize for how this situation was handled. It is unfortunate but true that GMs can not fix this issue when the Beholder bugs like this. You would need to redo the quest, I am sorry.

Ran Ghosts of Perdition on elite, after a very difficult run we beat the beholder. Unfortunately he bugged out and we were not able to speak to him to get quest completion. So I did what any trusting player would do: I submitted a ticket.

GM responds (I have his name for any Devs who read this and want to know) and says the only way he can help us is to respawn him. So I say ok...then I quickly say wait, does that mean you're going to respawn him at full health and angry in the middle of our party with no sp left?

GM didn't respond, about 10 seconds passed and he sends a tell, there, he should be in the dungeon with you. And there he was, and nuked our unsuspecting party (half of which was afk).

So we got down to business and started fighting him. Again. After we knocked his health down to the first notch, guess what? He disapeared like he does when you run the quest normally. So we're all sitting down at the bottom, with the beholder probably somewhere way up where the first floor breaks. What are we supposed to do at that point?

So the point is, just rerun the whole quest, cuz the GMs will basically make you do that anyways.

HAWK480AV
11-19-2007, 07:31 PM
last night we got one bug better same quest fighting the beholder on the fourth lev we wipe.
i hold the instance open when the rest get back its not the beholder thats bugged
but a new floor of ice has formed and the rest of the party cant get back in.

At least your gm respawned the beholder even if it was bugged ours said there was
nothing they could do.

they said they would move the ticket up the ladder as well wich they never did either.
and that was after waiting 40 minutes for one to show in the first place.

slammedcivic2007
11-20-2007, 05:03 AM

Figures. I dont see the point in DM"S. there completely useless. if you put in a ticket they pretty much tell you oh well get over it. or theres nothing i can do. Turbine wants to save money so why dont they get rid of those guys. There a waist of time for every body

totmacher
11-20-2007, 05:37 AM
seriously, blame the engine designers or quest designers for making a quest unfixable. the GMs are just people trying to help you get your stuff done and they catch a lot of flak for stuff that should've been taken care of in QA or design or implementation

Cowdenicus
11-20-2007, 06:10 AM
last night we got one bug better same quest fighting the beholder on the fourth lev we wipe.
i hold the instance open when the rest get back its not the beholder thats bugged
but a new floor of ice has formed and the rest of the party cant get back in.

At least your gm respawned the beholder even if it was bugged ours said there was
nothing they could do.

they said they would move the ticket up the ladder as well wich they never did either.
and that was after waiting 40 minutes for one to show in the first place.

we had this happen to us, GM just warpped us to the beholder cause we had a guy next to him.

We still wiped.