PDA

View Full Version : Thread of the Week: "Screenshots" of the Abbot!

Quarion
11-07-2007, 10:53 AM
Litz had us on the floor this week, with his "screenshot" of his "solo" adventure against the Abbot.

Click Here (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=125806) for the original thread.

Congrats to Litz! Your 30 day game code is in the mail. ;)

Dane_McArdy
11-07-2007, 11:32 AM
Congrats Litz!

Litz
11-07-2007, 12:19 PM
Thanks Guys.. Its all about having fun, and making the most of low resolution settings.. lol :D

Beherit_Baphomar
11-07-2007, 12:45 PM
So Litz brags about solo'ing the Abbot and he wins 30 days of free gametime
which, Im sure, he will spend solo'ing the preraid AND the whole Orchard?

NERF LITZ!!

Congrats, well deserved.

Aspenor
11-07-2007, 12:47 PM
Litz exploited, he used a trebuchet.

Zenako
11-07-2007, 12:47 PM
I was just shocked at how clear his Low Res Setting Screen Shots were. The level of detail and shading that was captured was simply amazing. I almost could not believe it was possible.

Thanks for capturing the moment so perfectly:)

LokPik
11-07-2007, 12:49 PM
Litz that was damn funny. In fact I had to set that as my desktop.

Impaqt
11-07-2007, 01:30 PM
hmmm. I recall some Satirical bragging threads being closed not too long ago... Now they are winning thread of the week.....

I admit, I chuckled..... But seems rather suspect.

ccheath776
11-07-2007, 02:20 PM
So Litz brags about solo'ing the Abbot and he wins 30 days of free gametime
which, Im sure, he will spend solo'ing the preraid AND the whole Orchard?

NERF LITZ!!.

Nerf litz.... nerf the trebujet he used to take him out.

Alavatar
11-07-2007, 02:41 PM
Nerf litz.... nerf the trebujet he used to take him out.

As long as they leave the ballista alone I will agree that the trebuchet should be nerfed!

DSL
11-07-2007, 02:51 PM
hmmm. I recall some Satirical bragging threads being closed not too long ago... Now they are winning thread of the week.....

I admit, I chuckled..... But seems rather suspect.

Well, Litz is not mocking the no-bragging policy, but rather poking fun at bragging threads and screenshots, among other things, and is clearly in good fun.

Congratulations Litz, and enjoy your free DDO time (though I bet he'd trade it all in for a trebuchet!).

Impaqt
11-07-2007, 02:56 PM
Well, Litz is not mocking the no-bragging policy, but rather poking fun at bragging threads and screenshots, among other things, and is clearly in good fun.

Of course he is.... He even made mention to the posibility of it getting closed in the initial post....

Dont get me wrong, I think the post was funny.. Maybe not THread of the week Funny..... But definatly entertaining.....

DSL
11-07-2007, 03:17 PM
Of course he is.... He even made mention to the posibility of it getting closed in the initial post....

Dont get me wrong, I think the post was funny.. Maybe not THread of the week Funny..... But definatly entertaining.....

I interpreted that as a hook to pull in forum browsers, but it may instead/also be a mild jab at the forum policy. Nevertheless, it was still clearly lighthearted and not infused with vitriol. The Devs and Mods do indeed have a sense of humour (as they have proven many times in the past), as long as you're not being nasty.

Litz
11-07-2007, 04:47 PM
I interpreted it as art.. It is, what it is to you. If you have to think too long and hard about what it is then sorry to waste your time. Some people thought it was kool and funny. I'm just glad because I've been forever trying to get people to laugh and just now finaly found the laughing nerve. Bah the more I go on about it the more I'm ruining it.

Have fun. See you in game.

Snow_Wolf
11-07-2007, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the laughs and I know that if DDO surprised us w/ the JESTER CLASS then you would be one of the 1st to be playing it.:)

Keep your bow string and fletchings dry,
Snow Wolf

Time: 1526 P.S.T.
Date: 071107

Twerpp
11-07-2007, 05:49 PM
I think it's funny that Turbine Staff found this funny. If someone actually had solo'ed it they wouldn't be laughing, they'd be doing another hotfix. You know they were steaming until they opened up the thread and saw it was a joke, that's why it's so damn funny to me. April Fools on you!