PDA

View Full Version : Armor Feats for Barbarian or Not

Llarish
11-06-2007, 07:14 PM
Hi folks. So I'm rolling through levels with my WF Bbn. I currently have Adamantine Body taken, but have read that it is less than useful as levels progress to have that 8 armor. I was wondering if I should look at dropping that feat and what level it becomes less worth while. Thanks.
Llarish

Impaqt
11-06-2007, 07:23 PM
Depends how yor using that 8 AC (Wel, 6 compared to the free COmposite plating)

Whats your Dex? Whats your AC RIght now?

If your asking whether a 38 or 32 AC will make a difference in the Gianthold (L12-14 Quests) then no, it wont.

but 42-48 definatly does.

Llarish
11-06-2007, 08:41 PM
Str 18
Dex 12
Con 18
Int 8
Wis 8
Cha 6

Was figuring on the THF line, PA, Imp Crit, and Toughness are the feats I'm looking at.

I have no idea the AC that I'm likely to get. More of a casual player, but hardcore in my casualness if that makes sense. =D
Llarish

RemoJr
11-07-2007, 04:52 AM
10 base
8 plating
5 docent
1 dex
1 haste
3 sheild of faith potion
3 barkskin potion
4 barbarian uncanny dodge
---------------------------
35 AC
3 chattering ring
1 sheild form cleric
1 barksking from ranger
4 paladin aura
------------------------------
44 AC
7 +5 sheild
---------------------------------
51 AC

the first section is by yourself, the 2nd is with party help and 1 raid item, and the 3rd is with a sheild.

maddong
11-07-2007, 12:24 PM
There aren't enough feats for a wf barb. If you say that you need the 3 two handed feats and power attack and an improved crit that is all your feats. You can pick up toughness at level 15.

So I'd do:
1 adam body
3 two handed
6 improved two handed
9 improved critical your choice
12 greater two handed

Around level 10-11 respec the adam body to power attack.

Mad_Bombardier
11-07-2007, 12:44 PM
There aren't enough feats for a wf barb. If you say that you need the 3 two handed feats and power attack and an improved crit that is all your feats. You can pick up toughness at level 15.No, you can't. :eek: Codog said that Superior THF is coming! :D No room for Toughness or WF Body feats until L18. :(

P.S. I know you're just trying to prevent multiple feat respecs to make it work. But, do you really think you can live without PA until L10 or 11? I know I couldn't. :)

Impaqt
11-07-2007, 12:46 PM
After taking the THF feats for the last barb I created I must say I dont understand why people think these are important....

Nice for TH'd Fighter for some exra damage.. but a Barb? Seriously, You dont need em. 20 extra points of splash damage doesnt mean much.

Mad_Bombardier
11-07-2007, 12:52 PM
After taking the THF feats for the last barb I created I must say I dont understand why people think these are important....

Nice for TH'd Fighter for some exra damage.. but a Barb? Seriously, You dont need em. 20 extra points of splash damage doesnt mean much.That 20-25 dmg hits the primary target, too. Add that to first and fourth hit and you're adding 40-50 damage every 2.6 seconds against single target. Throw in 3 other mobs and it's 160-200 damage, or the equivalent of an extra 3 hits (or 1 crit) every 2.6 seconds. It's amazingly powerful.

MrCow
11-07-2007, 12:58 PM
That and the Two-Handed Weapon Feats are passive, unlike Cleave. We all know Impaqt loves to click on Cleave. :D

dageth
12-04-2007, 02:45 PM
I've just made a WF Barb, did a re-roll already and then ate an int tome...

I took Mithral Body as a feat for the +5 armor...figuring the Addy Body (being heavy armor) would screw up some of the Barbarian abilities...focused mainly on Str and Con - my Dex is only a 10.

Did I goof there?