PDA

View Full Version : BARD's R US

Luckylu
11-06-2007, 05:24 PM
I have talked to and seen in the last couple of weeks a variety of bard/ something builds. and I was wondering what kinds there are out there?

So if you would like please post your bard type, and what you like about them.. this is not to put other bards down, just to see the variety.

Luckylu
11-06-2007, 05:26 PM
I will start this with my bard type.. i did get alot of it from jket, but changed and molded Dream into something different.
Dream is bard10,fighter1, and rogue(in a day)3

I like dream due to her high dps, with the rogue, and i maxed out as much as i could open lock, disable device, search, and UMD. she also uses two handed weapons.

jkm
11-06-2007, 09:50 PM
suwsuw - bard 13/sorc 1 1200 spell points spellsinger - hjeeler, cc, hagglebot (34 cha), 43ish umd

plead - 11 bard/2 rogue/1 bard warchanter - he's kind of a jack of all trades just adapts to the party

Alpro28
11-06-2007, 10:13 PM
I have a bard13/sorc1, 1259sp (250 more than a pure bard) and some players tends to forgot about the 2 lvl1 sorc spells that u can choose.I have chill touch(DC24)that is my only spell that can affect undeads(fear) on this build cause hes a spellsinger and i cant take the music of the dead enhancement(virtuoso), my other spell is shield, very usefull cause im a repeater build and i have no shield.

I think i will try a bard13/cleric1 with DVs but im not sure 20DVs at an average of 17 is good enough? I really dont know how many sp i will have with this build but the 340sp DV i can give to a cleric could be nice :D:D:D

Boldrin
11-07-2007, 06:51 AM
I have a bard13/sorc1, 1259sp (250 more than a pure bard) and some players tends to forgot about the 2 lvl1 sorc spells that u can choose.I have chill touch(DC24)that is my only spell that can affect undeads(fear) on this build cause hes a spellsinger and i cant take the music of the dead enhancement(virtuoso), my other spell is shield, very usefull cause im a repeater build and i have no shield.

I think i will try a bard13/cleric1 with DVs but im not sure 20DVs at an average of 17 is good enough? I really dont know how many sp i will have with this build but the 340sp DV i can give to a cleric could be nice :D:D:D

I'm building a bard, and that might not be a bad idea. or even 12 bard/1 sorc/1 cler, dvs and extra sp.

jkm
11-07-2007, 11:35 AM
if you lose 2 levels you aren't going to have access to the top level of bard spells for each level cap. currently, you'd miss mass cure light and GH. next mod, you'd miss mass cure mod and whatever other spell you take.

edit: didn't see they didn't add the new spells to the bard list.

Jket
11-07-2007, 02:26 PM
Human, 10 bard/2 fighter/2 rogue... Solid Build... Nice DPS... High UMD... Rogue Skills.. Decent Saves... Overall a fun build to play...
Also Dream you know my bard build in Bard Class Section...

Jket.

Luckylu
11-07-2007, 07:08 PM
I really enjoy seeing all the bard/class/class whatevers out there.. i think we are the "jack of all trades" of ddo, and people really miss out when they don't invite us, cuase we can add sooooo much to a party.

luckylu

Dark-Star
11-08-2007, 01:43 PM
Darkstaar human 10bard/2rog/2ftr... Original build of this type way back on Riedra (inspired by Preity's b@stardized bard multi-class). There have since been some more skilled players that have taken the build to the next level (Thistle, Mefirst, Khlondor, Jket and a few others come to mind), and you might want to ask them for input. Dark is two weapon fighting, which is a departure from some of the other builds with this class combo.

The build is solid no doubt, but was relatively more effective when the level caps were lower and human versatility was different; if I remade Dark I would change some things about the build. Feats are extend, PA and WF (for warchanter), twf, itwf, toughness, icrit pierce, icrit slash. High str, mid dex and con, lowish cha (20). Took fascinate undead for the new mod, and pretty happy with it.

DPS is very respectable (in part due to close to ideal weapon selection), but hps and saves are a bit low now for my taste in the current content

The build solos very well, brings utility to any group, and is quite fun to play.

You first need to decide what you want your bard to do. CC and support, then go pure or 13/1. DPS, go with the above or 10bard/4ftr. Mosgrim the dwarf with his 6 starting cha, who is 8bard/6ftr, can lay down the smack in a serious way. Lot's of ways to go.

maddmatt70
11-08-2007, 04:03 PM
if you lose 2 levels you aren't going to have access to the top level of bard spells for each level cap. currently, you'd miss mass cure light and GH. next mod, you'd miss mass cure mod and whatever other spell you take.

edit: didn't see they didn't add the new spells to the bard list.

Otto's dance 6th level spell bard - the best bard spell in the game is coming next mod. enchantment spell - no save just Spell Resistance in the player's handbook. I have a level 13 bard 1 sorc heavy in the spell points (1350 + spell storing ring) with a healing and cc focus. I made her about 9 months ago so I don't regret not getting the spell in the next mod as I will have played her about a year when the next mod comes out and If I feel bummed out about not having the spell until the cap goes to 18 I will just play my new bard. A battle bard TWF only thing I go back and forth on is her race - right now I have a human, but I am worried about her survivability at end game (forecasted at 250+ hp, but would rather have closer to 300 hp) in some of the big time quests; e.g., the abbot raid... I might reroll and make a dwarf, but then I lose a feat.. hehe.

Shaamis
11-09-2007, 07:11 AM
Soulborne Bloodrage and Song

10bard/2ftr/2barb

28 str with a +1 tome used
24 cha with a +1 tome used
590 SP, not bad for a melee bard.

greataxe user with all of the dwarf axe enhancements

40 umd with GH

14 songs per rest, and I can cast 4th level bard spells.

I really like him, but I made this character back when critcal rage lvl 1 was a 2nd level barbarian enhancement.

Rog
11-29-2007, 11:51 PM
lunar a solid umd/haggle/heal/wizzy bard with songs built back before the nerf of scroll which took a lot from him he still can use any scroll in the game. race drow i luv lunar with enough plat he can do anything i want him too
haggle 56
char34 working on 35 looking for that +3 tome 36 level cap
umd 46 at the moment
light repeater user
spellsinger
need a healer extra wizzy / a guy to para/curse or any sort of extra dam that a tank should not be doing when dpsing lunar handsdown is the go to bard built to be a jack of all trades and as for equipment to put it simply he uber out to the max.
i love my toons and i spent hundereds of hours tweaking my toons.
lunarsong the go to bard.

Arianrhod
11-30-2007, 07:36 AM
Lindir - bard8/sorc1 spellsinger. Healer/buffer, one of those "I-gimped-my-main-by-trying-to-build-it-like-P&P" characters. I love her anyway, though. Can't land an offensive spell to save her life, but songs, buffs & heals work just fine, & she has more SP than the group's wizard :D

Denethen_Longstaff
11-30-2007, 08:34 AM
I have two bard builds.
Denethin is a halfling 13/1 Bard/Sorc Spellsinger. Scroll nerf killed him because he was built as an offensive scroll user. Now he is my my hagglebot.

Nihtened is a rebuild with more range/fighting capabilities. 10/2/2 Bard/Ranger/Fighter. With range combat changes coming in mod, I have geared him as a "mini" ranger. Most spells are combat buffs with a few cc spells. I will probably continue on with fighter levels.

MysticRhythms
11-30-2007, 08:45 AM
Not to pick nits, but wouldn't this thread be better served in the "Class Discussions - Bard" forum?

Saaluta
11-30-2007, 09:00 AM
Zaturnia Bard 12/Rogue 2, high umd, high haggle, and she pulls some of my best items. She pulled a banishing and smiting rapier, 2 of my 3 bp of vol, boots of the innocent, and other pieces I would never see if I just had Saal :) Still waiting on her to pull a w/p rapier though :)
She is invaluable in Fleshmakers elite, with Music of the Makers and her trapsmithing abilities, she fascinates the flesh golems so they can be pulled 1 at a time, then disables the traps for a fairly easy win every time....unless someone starts swinging a two-hander....LOL

Saaluta :)

Arianrhod
11-30-2007, 11:04 AM
Not to pick nits, but wouldn't this thread be better served in the "Class Discussions - Bard" forum?

I figured the OP wanted to meet the bards of Khyber

Wizzly_Bear
11-30-2007, 11:56 AM
I'm building a bard, and that might not be a bad idea. or even 12 bard/1 sorc/1 cler, dvs and extra sp.

i have that exact build. its great, except for the fact that i built him up planning for 13/1sorc so hes not at full strength since i deviated from the plan. great utilitarian build though.

Lyletuba
11-30-2007, 05:21 PM
Strum - 12 Bard/2 Rog - Spellsinger that uses a Light Repeating XBox. Buff, CC AND a fully functional Rog.