PDA

View Full Version : Combat log, Argonessen server, n00bs

transtemporal
11-04-2007, 02:03 PM
Hi folks,

Three questions:

1) Is it possible to export the combat log to some kind of windows file? I want to do some spell damage testing and at the moment, I can only copy and paste from the combat log line by line. Not sure if this is normal or whether I'm just making a newb mistake.

2) Does anyone know the Argonessen server IP address? I'm trying to tracert to find out where the bottleneck in my connection is. Not sure whether this is a EULA-breaking state secret so if it is, please ignore.

3) What is the difference between a 'newb' and a 'n00b'? This world wide web thing is new to me and I'm not hip to the, uh... jive, yet.

lol.

cheers,
transtemporal

Mad_Bombardier
11-04-2007, 05:17 PM
1) Nope, no combat log export. Make it as big as possible and take screenshots.

2) Sorry, no idea.

3) 'Newb' is short for newbie or new player. 'n00b' is someone who is not new, but refuses to learn/adapt/grow. Newb = good (we like new players :)), n00b = bad.

Borror0
11-04-2007, 05:52 PM
And trans, from the quality of your posts, I can tell you you're not a n00b. ;)

transtemporal
11-04-2007, 08:43 PM
And trans, from the quality of your posts, I can tell you you're not a n00b. ;)

Ha ha! Thank you Borror0, unfortunately not true from time to time. I have been known to drop the occasional extended firewall on fire mephits in Co6 without thinking or worse, on an iron golem in East Threnal pt3. :o D'oh! Both times I apologized profusely but boy what a n00b mistake. :)

transtemporal
11-04-2007, 09:36 PM
1) Nope, no combat log export. Make it as big as possible and take screenshots.

2) Sorry, no idea.

3) 'Newb' is short for newbie or new player. 'n00b' is someone who is not new, but refuses to learn/adapt/grow. Newb = good (we like new players :)), n00b = bad.

Thanks MB! At least I know now there's no export. Was going crazy trying to find the button. :) I can now confidently deploy newb and n00b terminology (I introduced two newb players in the weekend and they asked me this question). Great fun.

Borror0
11-04-2007, 09:47 PM
iron golem in East Threnal pt3.

Oops, hehe.

Aranticus
11-05-2007, 07:06 AM
Ha ha! Thank you Borror0, unfortunately not true from time to time. I have been known to drop the occasional extended firewall on fire mephits in Co6 without thinking or worse, on an iron golem in East Threnal pt3. :o D'oh! Both times I apologized profusely but boy what a n00b mistake. :)

nah still not noob enough. at least u can pull them out of the fire. just earlier i played with a L11 sorc who got no kills in pop. what happened was (a) wasted his sp casting bear;s on party members (b) dropping normal firewalls on my emp max firewall. told him that firewalls do not stack n also copied my log which showed me dropping a crit 500+ firewall on the vamp

2nd run, he did the same thing...... i drop party after the 2nd run :cool:

Mad_Bombardier
11-05-2007, 07:23 AM
(b) dropping normal firewalls on my emp max firewall. told him that firewalls do not stack n also copied my log which showed me dropping a crit 500+ firewall on the vampActually Aranticus, they now stack. They didn't use to and I frequently corrected people. But the change came with the loss of scrolls and spell durations so that cast WoF stacks for damage. :(

Aranticus
11-05-2007, 07:40 AM
Actually Aranticus, they now stack. They didn't use to and I frequently corrected people. But the change came with the loss of scrolls and spell durations so that cast WoF stacks for damage. :(

did they? coz i dun see any numbers when i tossed my firewall in the exact same position (the noob in me forgot to max n emp it) today. so i thought they remain the same...... i need to double check this when i get back into game

transtemporal
11-05-2007, 04:31 PM
did they? coz i dun see any numbers when i tossed my firewall in the exact same position (the noob in me forgot to max n emp it) today. so i thought they remain the same...... i need to double check this when i get back into game

If they didn't stack before, they definitely stack now! I've used the "shameless spamming firewall" method to kill vamp in Church and Cult and marut in von3 (also that named elder beholder that can't come through the door, don't fight him just have an arcane hide behind the outcrop on the south wall, lay down one maxed, emped, extended firewall underneath him and back off). The vamp and marut are both resistant to fire but the yellow numbers come up so fast they don't have a chance to regenerate.