PDA

View Full Version : Growing Boxes

wizzy_catt
11-03-2007, 09:56 PM
I don't know if any of you noticed it but the 'huge' boxes are growing even bigger. last time i saw one i could jump on them. now i cant jump on them without using jump potion.

Lithic
11-03-2007, 11:46 PM
I don't know if any of you noticed it but the 'huge' boxes are growing even bigger. last time i saw one i could jump on them. now i cant jump on them without using jump potion.

Its a conspiracy I tell you. Within the next 3 weeks there will be giant boxes EVERYWHERE. Probably retribution for all their fallen (smashed?) comrades. Fortunately the barrels and vases havent joined in, or everything would be lost.

Fear the boxes people. Fear the boxes.

Agarwaen
11-04-2007, 12:15 AM
...and when I think back to how I mocked that Kobold in Bawdry's warehouse: "Yark, yark," he cried as he lay dying, "me hate big boxes."

It was sheer prophesy I tell you. The Boxes will destroy us all.

MrCow
11-04-2007, 08:16 AM
*Looks at the post and the looks away.*

*Resumes casting enlarge object and permanency on various boxes*

... you see nothing!

sirgog
11-04-2007, 10:55 AM
...and when I think back to how I mocked that Kobold in Bawdry's warehouse: "Yark, yark," he cried as he lay dying, "me hate big boxes."

It was sheer prophesy I tell you. The Boxes will destroy us all.

Roflmfao

GuitarHero
11-04-2007, 06:20 PM
now where did i put that +5 Light Mace of Greater Box Bane?

dragnmoon
11-04-2007, 06:49 PM
My Ranger will be taken Favorite Enemy: Boxes and hunting these Large boxes were ever they can be found!!!

Invalid_86
11-04-2007, 11:10 PM
"Must smash big box!!!"

sirgog
11-05-2007, 04:02 AM
Me hates big boxes!

Citymorg
11-05-2007, 08:21 AM
I like big boxes, and I cannot lie!

iamsamoth0
11-05-2007, 08:26 AM
Vileone Barrelbane Cratesmasher, defiler of pottery.

Max str, umd for haste scroll use, +5 Fire burst addy mace of Shatter, eh?
:rolleyes:

GuitarHero
11-05-2007, 08:28 AM
I like big boxes, and I cannot lie!

hehehe

I like big boxes and i cannot lie!
You other kobolds can't deny,
When a shaman walks in with a little bitty urn,
and a big crate in your face you get SMASHED!

steelblade
11-05-2007, 08:41 AM
hehehe

I like big boxes and i cannot lie!
You other kobolds can't deny,
When a shaman walks in with a little bitty urn,
and a big crate in your face you get SMASHED!

(sniker)

Mad_Bombardier
11-05-2007, 08:46 AM
Vileone Barrelbane Cratesmasher, defiler of pottery.

Max str, umd for haste scroll use, +5 Fire burst addy mace of Shatter, eh?
:rolleyes:Gotta be a Ranger and take Favored Enemy: Breakables. ;)

GuitarHero
11-05-2007, 08:47 AM
Gotta be a Ranger and take Favored Enemy: Breakables. ;)

and might wanna upgrade to a maul, gonna need something bigger than a mace to break all those big boxes.

JTsays
11-05-2007, 10:14 AM
I for one, welcome our new big box overlords.

GuitarHero
11-05-2007, 10:27 AM
I for one, welcome our new big box overlords.

"Simpsons did it!"

baylensman
11-05-2007, 10:29 AM
We are having some problems with zoning challenges by "BIG BOX" stores.
Perhaps one of those Mega retailers has bought into or perhaps bribed some of the programers. So as to get us used to the idea of "BIG BOXES" being part of the landscape.
AS we get used to them in game, we become less concerned as they appear IRL. Eventually the shear power and prescence we exert IRL warps the reality matrix of non gaming citizens, so as to conform with our world view. Allowing the "BIG BOX" retail stores to multiply and take over the landscape. Eventually reducing all to mindless wage slaves working for them directly, getting our food, entertainment, housing and even educations from a single MEGA retailer. Creating a classed society, based only on which Retailer we serve.

wizzy_catt
11-05-2007, 10:32 AM
oh looks like this has been turned into jokes... har har very funny. devs close this thread, you guys dont read anyways.

Snike
11-05-2007, 06:44 PM
Giant Boxes are no laughing matter. *** is wrong with you guys.

Shade
11-05-2007, 09:35 PM
oh looks like this has been turned into jokes... har har very funny. devs close this thread, you guys dont read anyways.

Your the weirdest most evil person ever.

Why on earth could one want "devs" to shutdown a harmless funny thread?

(and devs don't have time to moderate forums, they have other people for that.. appropriate called moderators)

Bamf
11-05-2007, 09:51 PM
I think you will find that the appearances of unusally large boxes is the beginning of the introduction of advertising into the DDO community.

Very soon, the boxes will begin to appear with catchy, recognisable slogans such as Subway Eat Fresh! and Always Coca Cola.

Once the Big M infriltrates and takes over the market, there will be a huge number of shiny golden arches vieing for position with the Colonel.

Enhancements will be reset again, with such feats as Dwarven Pepsi Max Toughness.

On the plus side, the money coming in from product placement to Turbine will quickly jump into the billions, resuting in a presonal in game GM for every toon, and a new mod being developed and released every 3 hours, so that everyone complaining that there is not enogh content will be sated.

Level Cap will increase to 350 within a matter of weeks, and soon a core group of gamers reachine this level will take over Stormreach from the inside.

Strakeln
11-05-2007, 09:57 PM
I think it's something that vulture guy did. +Tchurval or whatever his name is.

Hambo
11-06-2007, 12:14 AM
I think you will find that the appearances of unusally large boxes is the beginning of the introduction of advertising into the DDO community.

Very soon, the boxes will begin to appear with catchy, recognisable slogans such as Subway Eat Fresh! and Always Coca Cola.

Once the Big M infriltrates and takes over the market, there will be a huge number of shiny golden arches vieing for position with the Colonel.

Enhancements will be reset again, with such feats as Dwarven Pepsi Max Toughness.

On the plus side, the money coming in from product placement to Turbine will quickly jump into the billions, resuting in a presonal in game GM for every toon, and a new mod being developed and released every 3 hours, so that everyone complaining that there is not enogh content will be sated.

Level Cap will increase to 350 within a matter of weeks, and soon a core group of gamers reachine this level will take over Stormreach from the inside.

OMG... No more Ghallanda Distilate? Will we be healing ourselves with "Happy Meals"? Will we heal better if we supersize? Or just get fatter? :eek::D:rolleyes:

GuitarHero
11-06-2007, 12:24 AM
So help me, the first time i hear Old Sully ask, "You want fries with that?" i'm gonna lose it!!!

baylensman
11-06-2007, 09:50 AM
So help me, the first time i hear Old Sully ask, "You want fries with that?" i'm gonna lose it!!!

How about a Mac tasty ham??

Aspenor
11-06-2007, 09:56 AM
BEWARE THE CRATE!!!

It is....THE CRATE!!! LARGER THAN EVER BEFORE!!! Big, Large, and WOODEN!!!

IT IS!!!...THE CRATE!!!

The crate will devour all that stand against it.

binnsr
11-06-2007, 10:33 AM
How about a Mac tasty ham??

nah.. it's be a Tasty McHam(tm)

Kavel_Havae
11-06-2007, 10:38 AM
I figured it out they are making the boxes bigger so we can run a mass computer model on Quantum Superpositions !!!! A La Schrödinger's cat. I'm gonna smash boxes till I find one of the furry little critters, alive or dead.

i see a couple of up sides to this ... if the cat is alive you've got a familiar, if its dead I have a new hat :D

trptim
11-06-2007, 10:44 AM
How big does a box need to be to hold a gelatinous cube (or even THE Gelatinous Cube)? :eek:

binnsr
11-06-2007, 10:46 AM
10'x10' of course..

Shaamis
11-06-2007, 10:49 AM
You should check out the box in The Ruined Halls quest, in House K.

It's the largest one I have seen, you could fit Velah in it.

But don't break it. I'd hate to see the slime that comes out of THAT box :P

Snow_Wolf
11-06-2007, 01:19 PM
Hail Adventurers!

Submitted the bug report on it as soon as the Mod was released or quick fix they did.

Anyway submitted another bug report because there is actually a quest which one interfers w/. The Kolbolds New Ring Leader. Guard Gung's badge is difficult to get to. The box now actually extends into your area and blocks click targeting on the door. Backspace works but using the U key told my sister that the door was blocked.

I said it is difficult to get to because I showed my sister where to jump, plus the Jump clicky spell, and she then was able to jump up and go around the crates to the inside and then break the box. Was on my cleric and we all knew Clerics can't jump.

?Anybody else find any other quests where they interfer w/ the quest? The other solution above form Mages would be like Fireball maybe. It is a barred door so you would think that the blast should go through unless they nerfed that.

Keep your bow string and fletchings dry,
Snow Wolf

Time: 1119 P.S.T.
Date: 071106

binnsr
11-06-2007, 01:28 PM
Anyway submitted another bug report because there is actually a quest which one interfers w/. The Kolbolds New Ring Leader. Guard Gung's badge is difficult to get to. The box now actually extends into your area and blocks click targeting on the door. Backspace works but using the U key told my sister that the door was blocked.
When you open the door, the big box (tm) gets smashed by the door..

Udaar
11-06-2007, 01:41 PM
Hail Adventurers!

Submitted the bug report on it as soon as the Mod was released or quick fix they did.

I said it is difficult to get to because I showed my sister where to jump, plus the Jump clicky spell, and she then was able to jump up and go around the crates to the inside and then break the box. Was on my cleric and we all knew Clerics can't jump.

?Anybody else find any other quests where they interfer w/ the quest? The other solution above form Mages would be like Fireball maybe. It is a barred door so you would think that the blast should go through unless they nerfed that.

Keep your bow string and fletchings dry,
Snow Wolf

Time: 1119 P.S.T.
Date: 071106

Walking past it then targeting it and shooting it with an arrow will also work. :)

wizzy_catt
11-10-2007, 05:57 AM
Your the weirdest most evil person ever.

Why on earth could one want "devs" to shutdown a harmless funny thread?

(and devs don't have time to moderate forums, they have other people for that.. appropriate called moderators)

im evil? you guys are posting off topic stuff here. why? you want reports? sure if you **** me off i'll send in reports.

BlueLightBandit
11-10-2007, 06:42 AM
When you open the door, the big box (tm) gets smashed by the door..

Except that the box is so large that you can nieither (a) target the door, or (b) when using backspace and U to open the door, it is blocked by the crate.

I've found that ranging the box works. But that's still kinda lame.

Woulda been cool if the boxes had halloween themed prizes, or mobs, or both. You smash one box and get a handful of candy, you smash the next and a cr5 zombie starts attacking you.

And the Zombies would be wearing "Have a nice day." t-shirts.

Trapdoor
11-10-2007, 10:19 AM
Baamf give me back my disrupting bast sword and banishing dagger or GET ME the etheral bracers, you guild leaving bandit.... thanks.

Mad_Bombardier
11-10-2007, 10:26 AM
Except that the box is so large that you can nieither (a) target the door, or (b) when using backspace and U to open the door, it is blocked by the crate.(b) works. You can't click on the door, but you can backspace and U.

WeaselKing
11-10-2007, 01:31 PM
Hopefully Stormreach will soon pass a zoning ordinance banning these pernicious "big box" stores before they take over all of Xen'drik.

BlueLightBandit
11-10-2007, 02:50 PM
(b) works. You can't click on the door, but you can backspace and U.

Every time I've tried that, I get a "The door is blocked by the crate" message.

I guess it really depends on the location of the box... and since it's clearly a bug, there may be different locations where it works and where it doesn't.

binnsr
11-10-2007, 03:14 PM
Every time I've tried that, I get a "The door is blocked by the crate" message.

I guess it really depends on the location of the box... and since it's clearly a bug, there may be different locations where it works and where it doesn't.

Actually, I just logged in and took a character in there just to try that door out and was unable to select-use the door with the box in the way. I also didn't remember the second box being there previously, so it's quite possible that the guy I was duoing with had already taken care of that box prior to my arrival :D