PDA

View Full Version : Devs - Let WF swap out level 1 Body Feats

Delt
11-02-2007, 09:28 PM
Yes, yes...I know, it said quite clearly "Can only be chosen at creation", which makes the feat somewhat unique. But devs specifically stuck Fred (and various free respec's) in the game because they finally understood that changes they made at various stages would impact players/characters.

The game has changed enough that those level 1 feats absolutely suck for certain builds now.

If it's a matter of "well, we don't want players taking that feat for free AC @ level 1, then speccing out later", fine - grandfather the respec possibility to older builds.

If it's a matter of lore and "Warforged are created with that body, etc", then just stick some 'Durk the Engineer' or whatever next to Fred, specifically for Warforged.

I don't think it's too much to ask - I think it's overdue. I hope some other warforged players agree with me.

PS - It doesn't even give me an error when trying to swap out the feat with Fred, DDO just crashes with an unexpected error. If it's not just me, I'm pretty surprised no one else has complained/reported it.

Delt
11-02-2007, 09:36 PM
I should note that there is some confusion for me in this btw.

1) an earlier post claimed notes from patch 4.1 stated "WF Feats can now be swapped out"!

2) The DDO faqs claims WF Body Feats CAN'T be swapped out

3) A GM comfirmed #2.

So I've assumed the post (and/or previous 4.1 patch notes) were incorrect. If I am wrong, let me know.

Memnir
11-02-2007, 09:47 PM
You can swap them now - I've done it myself. Even post Mod-5.
Try it, I think you'll find Fred a lot more accommodating now.

Delt
11-02-2007, 09:59 PM
You can swap them now - I've done it myself. Even post Mod-5.
Try it, I think you'll find Fred a lot more accommodating now.

I do/did...I crash every time (unexpected error). Maybe someone other than me wants to give it shot...might be just me.

I looked at 4.1 notes and it should indeed be possible.

As for my confusion, serves me right for listening to ingame DMs/GMs. Change the rant in this thread to "please give your game DMs access to a better knowledge base than the out-of-date one on the website, or at least update it to ensure their cut & paste replying habits pass on correct info". :(

Edit: Just for archive purposes for anyone who might find this topic in a search experiencing the same issue - I have tested this out on a new Level 1 character. I have tested this out on a guildies level 6 WF. Swapping Body Feats works fine for both. Obviously character specific...I know a few people have had trouble swapping these feats out post mod 5 (but no one else crashes as far as I know), so if I track down the culprit, I'll be sure to edit this post with the "fix".

Memnir
11-03-2007, 02:39 AM
I was going to say - I tested this out as well, and had no crash. :( I'm sorry your having issues, and wish I could help more. Maybe post in the tech support forum???

Lifespawn
11-03-2007, 04:40 AM
i've switched out a body feat aswell but i can't switch out a toughness on my dwarven barb it crashes everytime i've bug reported it but don't expect it to be fixed for just me anytime soon.

tihocan
11-05-2007, 11:44 AM
Make sure you fill in a bug report about your crash. You are supposed to be able to respec your body feat.

Talon_Moonshadow
11-06-2007, 11:40 AM
Does anyone know if evasion works with the WF adamantine body feat?
I built a WF Ranger and took this feat without thinking about what would happen at lvl9. Really hope I can swith this feat out at lvl9 if not.

Kavel_Havae
11-06-2007, 11:45 AM
I built a WF Ranger and took this feat without thinking about what would happen at lvl9. Really hope I can swith this feat out at lvl9 if not.

Evasion will NOT Work with the addy body feat (it is considered heavy armour). Mithril (light) or composite (naked) only, and you will be able to refeat out of the body.

tihocan
11-06-2007, 11:47 AM
Nope, adamantine body is considered heavy armor.

Mercules
11-06-2007, 11:51 AM

Adamantine Body
Adamantine body counts as heavy armor, grants a +8 armor bonus and damage reduction 2/adamantine, but also provides a 35% arcane spell failure chance, -5 armor check penalty to certain skills, and a +1 maximum Dex bonus.
Prerequisite: Warforged

It's easy read the feat... and then understand that Evasion has been fixed to not work in Heavy Armor. Conclusion: Evasion does not work with Admantine Body.