PDA

View Full Version : Pally and cleric enhancement idea

Mearamar
11-01-2007, 01:57 PM
Pally's and clerics are ment to fight undead. I think it would be neat to have an enhancement path that would decrease the roll to hit incorporeals. It is 50% to hit. Why not make it 10 point decrease for every enhancement taken. Since most enhancements only go to lvl 4 then the max a person could get is 90% to hit. Some people say it would be worthless because of ghost touch. I think it is an interesting enhancement.

llevenbaxx
11-01-2007, 02:03 PM
If you could get the miss chance to zero and use any ol weapon to hit them Id say you might have something. If you could only get to like a 20-30% miss chance eveyone would just pull out their ghosttouch anyway making it pretty much useless.

Not a bad idea though, could give a good combat edge vs classes that had to revert to a ghosttouch.

Mearamar
11-01-2007, 02:07 PM
Just putting it out there.. Maybe ther dev's will feel like being nice and let the enhance ment get to 100% to hit. Pallys and clerics can actually make undead run away.. Yay.. we might not suck anymore:)

ahpook
11-01-2007, 02:10 PM
If you could get the miss chance to zero and use any ol weapon to hit them Id say you might have something. If you could only get to like a 20-30% miss chance eveyone would just pull out their ghosttouch anyway making it pretty much useless.

Not true. At 50%, my holy uindead bane weapon does as much damage hitting at 50% as my ghost touch. If that 50% miss rate would drop by 10% or more then the ghost touch would be inferior. (Of course the ethereal bracers I picked up last night made this comparison moot for that character).

Not to mention it would make your disruptor go off more frequently.

axebender
11-01-2007, 02:41 PM
i like the idea..but pally enhancements cost soo damb much as it is for basically nothing ..would be great if they lowered the cost before implementing more..

Dexxaan
11-01-2007, 02:46 PM
Ghosts are ghosts to you, me, Clerics and Paladins.... So I actually think it's silly to want something like that.

What benefits do Paladins and Clerics have VS these... better saves as a result of "training" if u will.

As well as other things like Healing, Searing Light and such.

Mearamar
11-01-2007, 02:53 PM
Well, if you spent your life fighting ghosts then you should be better at hitting them. I can swing a bat, but I am no major league hitter. Practice should make you better at doing somthing.

I think that this enhancement makes more sence then some of the enhancements that pallys have. Divine light.. i think the is the enhancements name.. Well where does the light come from? Is really does not make sence..

We are just spliting hairs here. I think it really fits in the storyline of a pally and cleric.

MrCow
11-01-2007, 02:59 PM
Aesop made this amazing post (http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=1413779&postcount=197) listing a bunch of the divine feats (which DDO transforms into divine enhancements) so I'll yank one from there showing this could be "by the books".

Divine Accuracy, Requires: Ability to turn or rebuke undead
Ignore miss chance for incorporealness

Emili
11-01-2007, 05:35 PM
Pally's and clerics are ment to fight undead. I think it would be neat to have an enhancement path that would decrease the roll to hit incorporeals. It is 50% to hit. Why not make it 10 point decrease for every enhancement taken. Since most enhancements only go to lvl 4 then the max a person could get is 90% to hit. Some people say it would be worthless because of ghost touch. I think it is an interesting enhancement.

Yes, well I'll be one of the first to point out Ghosttouch weapons... and what about ethereal bracers - I love those as I do not need a Ghosttouch weapon at all since every weapon becomes ghosttouch in my hands - so I can beat on them with My +3 holy battleaxe of undead bane, or +1 cursespewing club of greater undead bane or my +1 crippling battaleaxe of disruption <- they're all ghosttouch now.

I would rather see the warrior put back in pallys as in Aesop's thread... as things stand right now with DDO a battle cleric can be made to be a better holy warrior than a pally by far.

Cowdenicus
11-01-2007, 07:57 PM
you mean your disruptors were not already ghost touch before mod 5?

HAHAHAHA.

Mearamar
11-02-2007, 08:24 AM
Yes, well I'll be one of the first to point out Ghosttouch weapons... and what about ethereal bracers - I love those as I do not need a Ghosttouch weapon at all since every weapon becomes ghosttouch in my hands - so I can beat on them with My +3 holy battleaxe of undead bane, or +1 cursespewing club of greater undead bane or my +1 crippling battaleaxe of disruption <- they're all ghosttouch now.

Was there a point to this or were you just braging that you have the bracers. I really dont think this has anything to do with the enhancement disscussion. I have a magi item on my caster, but I also have enhancemts to make me have more SP. Why cant you have enhancements and items that do the same thing. :)

oronisi
11-02-2007, 08:47 AM

Oh no! Paladins and clerics weren't meant to fight undead. If they were, Turn Undead would work! I always hated this interpretation of classes built to only fight specific creatures. There is enough of this going around. I would prefer not to gimp paladins any more than they already are. Who wants to play a class that is only useful in certain quests? How will you get to max level if you are only invited to pugs for 1/4 of the quests?

Mercules
11-02-2007, 08:49 AM

Paladins and Clerics are not meant to fight undead. They have certain advantages because of their ties to the Positive Plane and because of drawing on Positive Energy. Clerics of Evil religions have a link to the Negative Plane and Neutral can go either way. Also, not all undead are evil in Eberron.

Clerics are fonts of (un)holy wisdom and power for whatever religion or ideal they represent. Paladins are holy and righteous warriors. The Paladin might be the most likely to be "meant" to fight undead since many undead represent a threat to both order and goodly folk. Even so Paladin's are set up to "take on all comers" among evil.

Now... that being said there are a lot of various uses for the channeling of that divine power that Good Clerics and Paladins tap into. Some of them do direct damage to Undead and some give those who have turn undead as an ability other advantages. That is where I would recommend enhancements come from.

BTW, there are specific Prestige classes that hunt down Undead and Ghosts. Since Clerics and Paladins already get their "religions" as enhancements(which I hate I want my Domains) I doubt they would incorporate any of these as a "Way of the..." enhancement.

Mearamar
11-02-2007, 12:56 PM
I would prefer not to gimp paladins any more than they already are. Who wants to play a class that is only useful in certain quests? How will you get to max level if you are only invited to pugs for 1/4 of the quests?

I love it when people act like the world will end and a class will be totaly gimped because of one enhancement.

For the other posts, yse I know that pallys and cleris we not totaly meant to fight undead. I was pointing out they have major class advantages that lean them down that path. Sorry for the miscommunications.

kensihin_Himura
11-02-2007, 01:10 PM
What you could ask is for Paladins and Clerics to do extra damage based on their Aligment. Like Lawful Good could do Holy, Lawful neutral would do lawful damage, Good neutral would do pure good damage. Same for the evil side, then neutral people would get bonuses like stability gives.