PDA

View Full Version : The "What do you want" Thread

Aspenor
11-01-2007, 08:13 AM
This thread asks this simple question: what do you want? Primarily focusing on the following items that have been suggested by many players, answer the question in the way that you feel. Feel free to answer and thoughtfully discuss other players' answers, but no flames, and no complaining please.

It's basically a tree of questions, and here it goes:

Which of these items is most important to you for increasing your enjoyment of DDO?

New Races - Gnomes, Half-Orcs, Aasimar/Tieflings, Half-Elves, or tell us your pick
New Classes - Monks, Druids, Prestige Classes, or tell us your pick
Non Quest Content : Choose One Please

Guild Housing / Banking
Character Customization - Armor Design, Haircuts, Tattoos...your suggestions?
Crafting
YOUR idea for a time sink, if none of the above apply or I forgot one

Disclaimer to the players: If you RANK these items, only your HIGHEST ranking item will be counted. If you don't choose any specific item as most important, I'm sorry but I can't count that. Thanks!

Aspenor
11-01-2007, 08:13 AM
Now just reserved for when I want to post some conclusions. :)
And as a disclaimer in advance to the DOT:
http://husk.org/apps/flame/flame.jpg
Results after 40 posts:
New Classes - 11
New Races - 1
Non Quest Content-
-Guild Housing/Banking - 3
-Character Customization -
-Crafting - 2

Alexander_Illusioni
11-01-2007, 08:16 AM
New Classes, Prestige classes being the most important to implement.:):):)

Aspenor
11-01-2007, 08:19 AM
New Classes, Prestige classes being the most important to implement.:):):)

Gratz!! You win the "Posted before Asp Finished" Award. You get another cookie!

MysticTheurge
11-01-2007, 08:23 AM
I'd rank these:

1) New Classes
2) New Races
3) Timesinks

A) Character Customization
B) Crafting
C) Housing

MrWizard
11-01-2007, 08:27 AM
Which of these items is most important to you for increasing your enjoyment of DDO?
character bank (all my toons, one big bank account)
Character Customization - Armor Design, Haircuts, Tattoos...your suggestions? Friar tuck large clerics, skinny wizzies..basically height and girth.
Ability to pay to upload an approved symbol for my toons or guild that will sow on shields and armor...and dragonmarks I guesss
Crafting - only magic items, not a mandatory thing

Some HUGE landscape area...I mean huge...a hasted toon could take and hour or two to traverse...add some inns for raise points.. a a ton of little or big dungeons everywhere..

llevenbaxx
11-01-2007, 08:27 AM
Id like to see "new" classes as well. If for no other reason than to further blur the idea of what a standard well rounded party is.

Dane_McArdy
11-01-2007, 08:28 AM
I'd rank these:

1) New Classes
2) New Races
3) Timesinks

A) Character Customization
B) Crafting
C) Housing

Timesinks? No way! I do not at all like time sinks. People always want you to invest your time in them completing their time sinks, but then never want to return the favor of you completing your's.

Bzzzzzzt! No thanks!

Aesop
11-01-2007, 08:31 AM
PrCs are number one (real PrCs not the enhancment customization lines)
Gnomes would be my race of choice to come next (Though SHifter would be awesome too)
Crafting is my Time Sink of Choice... with a stipulation. NOne of that MMO crafting garbage. I want DnD 3.5 Crafting.

I do want monk and druid but I want PrCs even more

Aesop

Dane_McArdy
11-01-2007, 08:32 AM
Some HUGE landscape area...I mean huge...a hasted toon could take and hour or two to traverse...add some inns for raise points.. a a ton of little or big dungeons everywhere..

Another no thanks. I do not want to spend an hour running in a video game. Because what happens? Lets all run to the dungeon. More then a hour later because someone on a dial up lagged and got lost, 90% of the players don't want to learn the way, because someone else always lead...

It just makes it so frustrating to play. And then when you finally all get there. Sorry guys, I the cleric have to go. Later.

if anyone thinks it's hard to get a group in DDO now, this will only make it ten times harder if things are set up like this. Which is what other MMO's do.

Yukiko
11-01-2007, 08:37 AM
Crafting please! ;)

Right now my wizard can master the knowlage and lore of the arcane, read, understand and use scrolls but just can't seems to reproduce those scrolls for the life of her.

MysticTheurge
11-01-2007, 08:40 AM
Timesinks? No way!

Some of those are "Timesinks." I only called them that cause Aspenor did.

I'm honestly not sure why character customization would be a timesink. And crafting, depending on how they implement it, might not be either.

Aspenor
11-01-2007, 08:41 AM

I'm honestly not sure why character customization would be a timesink. And crafting, depending on how they implement it, might not be either.

I imagine with some of the people I know, character customization would definitely become a time sink.....:p

I could call it NON QUEST CONTENT, if you want. NO COMPLAINING!

Porkchop
11-01-2007, 08:41 AM
My suggestion for a time sink would be....more content.

akla_thornfist
11-01-2007, 08:42 AM
all the above!

Dane_McArdy
11-01-2007, 08:45 AM

Housing might be a timesink, might not be.

But I just don't like any timesinks in any game.

GuitarHero
11-01-2007, 08:51 AM
new races and classes would let us recycle all the existing content and develop new strategies for them. So that'd be my big preference over yet another rogue hating group of quests, :P

JelloMold
11-01-2007, 08:56 AM
new races and classes would let us recycle all the existing content and develop new strategies for them.

ditto. Doing the same old stuff in a new way makes it new stuff and a lot of fun.

MysticTheurge
11-01-2007, 08:57 AM
Housing might be a timesink, might not be.

But I just don't like any timesinks in any game.

In the strictest sense of the word, this game is a timesink.

In looser interpretations, even new classes/races are timesinks.

The only difference between "entertainment" and "timesink" is whether you enjoy yourself. I trust the devs to do their best to ensure that our "timesinks" are enjoyable.

Allasar
11-01-2007, 09:03 AM
New classes - particularly Prestige Classes.

Good thread Asp :)

Aspenor
11-01-2007, 09:10 AM
added note to players RE: responses and my ability to count them.

MysticTheurge
11-01-2007, 09:23 AM
added note to players RE: responses and my ability to count them.

But what if I want all of them equally!!!

Aspenor
11-01-2007, 09:25 AM
But what if I want all of them equally!!!

Then you shall be tarred, feathered, and suspended by the thumbs. That is all.

Queleri
11-01-2007, 09:27 AM
There is one major thing that jumps out at me, having just joined DDO and that is the lack of "space". By space I mean area in general, most MMO's I've tried or played include a large wilderness area to explorer. I'd just like to see, possibly start slowling expanding to include the entire world of Eberron.

To that same effect it would be nice to have another starting city option, would add some diversity especially to RP, if Valenor Elves could actually begin in their own city or something. Just my thoughts being new to the game.

jjflanigan
11-01-2007, 09:33 AM
Crafting -- Sure it's a time sink to some people, but it's also something that you can do to benefit your character and friends when you are online socializing and not questing. There are times when I can't sleep that I just pop into DDO but don't really feel up to questing so I just chit-chat. Having something beneficial that I could also be doing in that time (a la crafting) would be great, in my opinion.

Oh...and I would really like a puppy.

Lorien_the_First_One
11-01-2007, 09:59 AM
Number 1 to me isn't on the list... level increases and matching content. I want to get to L20. When we get there we can go back and do the other stuff but I want to get the chars I have "stuck" to the end....

Once we get there I can see more classes and races being important. I can also see why people who have been around a little longer than I want them sooner rather than later.

As for time sinks...g-d forbid.

Porkchop
11-01-2007, 10:08 AM
On a serious note. I think one way to add more content would be to re-populate old dungeons with higher level mobs. Imagine doing Delera's or Tangleroot or even the Catecomb's as a 14 level challenging quest.

Beherit_Baphomar
11-01-2007, 10:54 AM
Th word timesink really gets to some people, huh?

I dont know what I want, more quests, timesinks, housing, everything.
New races/classes arent that important to me, but then again Ive not played since beta and dont have ten capped characters. I'll play the races/classes we have now, then I'll want more. Way I see it there's no point to them until we get new content.

The large area to explorer is a good idea. Large, uninstanced, killing zones...exploring zones...That would be cool...Gianthold and Cerulean Hills etc are nice, but it takes ten minutes to run around them, no feeling of wide open space...

All these things they have to do DDO style...g-d forbid they do them WoW/LoTRO style...

All in all Im very happen with the game at the moment, Ive only played a year and there are still quests Ive never done (Made to Order being one of em). Its a pity there are so many that are bored.

Talon_Moonshadow
11-01-2007, 10:55 AM
Druids!
give us now!
No new spells required.....enough are already in the game.
And they are some of the best spells in one great package: Healing, barkskin, stoneskin, firewall.....with mod 6 firestorm

Only issue is chapechanging....if you limit the froms changed into then it reduces the work.

Yes, I want a good Druid.....but I'll take a bad one now, and a better one later.

Catlyn
11-01-2007, 10:56 AM
1.) More Content. available as a weekly or biweekly patch. I abhor the thought of waiting 3 months between content.

Take mod 5 as an example. Imagine if they would have released the 4 new tomb quests only in the first week. Everyone would have ran them and then been waiting for the crypt. Interest level would have stayed up and people would have been pumped for it.

Next week (or 2 weeks later), then release the crypt as the culmination to the series.

Next week, open the orchard, but not the 4 quests inside of it (Vol, Doomsphere, Inferno, Flesh).

Week after that, open 2 of the 4 dungeons. Week after that, open the other 2.

Week after that, open the pre raid.

2 weeks after that, open the Abbot Raid.

Yes, they could design and playtest/balance it all at once so they know it works together, they can place it all in the same patch, just don't open all the content at once.

EDIT : We know they can open/close quests as they have done it in the past when there is problems.

To me, this would keep interest level's high as everyone would be waiting to see the new content and would look forward to patch monday.

Also, this makes the content fresh to casual players as well. Instead of having the powergamers do all the content in 4 days and then relegating it to loot runs, every week is a new adventure, and the casual player gets to see it for the first with everyone, instead of running with people who have ran it 20 times already.

2.) A 4th unlockable bank tab. Whether you can unlock this tab by House K favour, 2000 Favour or some other means is fine by me. This 4th is special though, and once unlocked is open to all your characters. This tab would be shared space and would allow people to easily transfer stuff between characters without having to use the mail system. Also, allow gold to be moved in this manor as well.

3.) Guild housing/banking. This needs to be carefully setup though so there is varying levels of access and accountability. UO had houses with friends lists, and lock downs. You could let people in certain areas of your house and others in different areas. DDO would need to do the same so that guilds could have level areas where stuff could be stored, and only certain people could access it, and then a different area where "junk" stuff could be stored that anyone could get.

4.) Crafting with all the attendant resource gathering. If you are going to do this though, you need someway to easily transfer items between characters, which is why it comes after shared banking / housing.

In the long run though, content is the main motivation for me. It doesn't have to be a ton, just spaced out and frequent. Like I said, I would rather get 1-2 quests every week over the period of several months then 14 quests all at once that has to last 3 months.

Lorien_the_First_One
11-01-2007, 11:21 AM
On a serious note. I think one way to add more content would be to re-populate old dungeons with higher level mobs. Imagine doing Delera's or Tangleroot or even the Catecomb's as a 14 level challenging quest.

Great idea,it worked well for Invaders.

Rameses
11-01-2007, 11:26 AM
I want

1.) Wandering Mobs in the City and other areas.
2.) New Class (Monks you promised us this.)
3.) More Quests at all levels.

Borrigain
11-01-2007, 12:30 PM
"I want a new drug...."

Oh, wait, different thread....:D

Other.

Guild housing and communal guild bank. For sharing items in the guild. Pooled assets. That kind of thing.

Borr.

Gornin
11-01-2007, 03:53 PM
Classes, specifically monks, but any new ones would be cool.

Anything else on this list would be cool too.

And just to beat Litz - Trebuchets.

bandyman1
11-01-2007, 04:14 PM
Gonna have to say new classes would be my # 1 bro.

As a close second, I would say Turbine NOT spending several months developing content that a large percentage of their player-base detests.

GramercyRiff
11-01-2007, 04:28 PM
1. New classes (or enhancements that emulate PrC's)
2. New races
3. Crafting (which should bring about Artificers, so you get two birds with one stone)

If we get Monk with Mod 6, we'll be in pretty good shape with the classes. As they seem to be doing PrC with the enhancement system, this gives the potential for quite a bit of options as far as class goes. Races would become more important in this case. If classes are easier to develop, however, classes would always remain more important. In PnP, there's pretty much one race to be and that's human in almost all cases. Here, with the racial enhancements and without LA, races (other than human) are a lot more attractive.

The point I'm trying to make without qualifying anything is that we need more character options; many many more character options. With tons of character options, coming up with an optimal build is a timesink in and of itself.

Raithe
11-01-2007, 04:35 PM
New classes. Monks. Water works is going to be tons more exciting being able to use my fists instead of having to have a weapon equipped. I'm working on my uppercut already...

:rolleyes:

Not really... but at least this way, if we actually get anything at all, I'll feel like someone listened to me. :cool:

Valdieron
11-01-2007, 06:16 PM
1) A Tarrasque!

2) More quests.... with less undead.

3) Deck of many things.

4) Bags for arrows, pots and scrolls.

5) Quests within quests, or alternate endings.

6) Guild housing, with personalising options whcih you can buy / earn thru favor.

7) My fighter wants a Fort! An upgradeable fort, which he can stock with followers and sometimes when he is in it, he wants to be able to defend it from a treasure-hungry dragon. Oh, and dont forget the (grateful) princess ;)

8) Prestige classes. Especially ones to assist the ailing fighter, ranger and rogue types (weapon master? duelist? cavalier (with a mount)? Beastmaster? arcane trickster?)

9) Player Vs Dev PVP / capture the flag events :)

10) Random quests.... ie you have a full group just about to jump into PoP, but out of nowhere some archmage appears and asks if you want to travel to "x" and kill "y" and get "z reward". The reward should be rare but stated at the beginning of the quest, so people have a choice of whether they want to do it or not.

11) Crafting. Not sure about this. I like the idea of recipe's and needing to find specific ingredients for certain things, but I also like the idea of finding 'crafting material' (like bronze tokens) that you can collect until you have enough for a certain recipe. Also have forges around the place that you can only create certain level items on, and have a few random ones (Twilight forge for example) where you can create specific items). Also, the ability to change the look and color of armor, shields, weapons, helms, boots, gloves would be great :)

12) Underwater fighting and blind fighting.

13) Anti-magic zones within quests.

14) Mobs who can't melee you from across the room just because they are 'raged' and hit or a Zillion HP. (Sorry, had to throw that one in.)

GlassCannon
11-01-2007, 09:35 PM

I certainly hope not. The statement mentioned above is my #1 pet peeve of WoW.

I dislike travel times to the Menechtarun quests, Relic of Sovereign Past, and Gianthold quests(teleports ease the level of irritation to a minimum).

GlassCannon
11-01-2007, 09:53 PM
7) My fighter wants a Fort! An upgradeable fort, which he can stock with followers and sometimes when he is in it, he wants to be able to defend it from a treasure-hungry dragon. Oh, and dont forget the (grateful)http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee307/sarin_elf/Gratefulpeach.jpg princess ;)

8) Prestige classes. Especially ones to assist the ailing fighter, ranger and rogue types (weapon master? duelist? cavalier (with a mount)? Beastmaster? arcane trickster?)

9) Player Vs Dev PVP / capture the flag events :)

Though I like #9 I doubt the devs have time to play against players.

8 is definitely a must for all these darn multiclassers.

Forts... this isn't Neverwinter Nights. I know it's a cool idea but what do you think would happen if your fort came under attack while you were away at work? You'd come back to it completely razed and do the fury stomp.

I also decided to give you a princess full of grates. A grateful princess.

GlassCannon
11-01-2007, 09:57 PM
The ability to design my completely unique character... pros, cons, stats, bonuses, drawbacks, etc. Limit one per household/identity/credit card/potentially infinite set of accounts. Essentially, limit one per person, period.

Oh and while you are at it the Cesti in Cult of the Six's End Reward list need to deal an additional set of damage with a critical modifier and such(basically a weapon), as they are gloves with metallic stubs over the knuckles.

Valdieron
11-01-2007, 10:04 PM
Though I like #9 I doubt the devs have time to play against players.

Forts... this isn't Neverwinter Nights. I know it's a cool idea but what do you think would happen if your fort came under attack while you were away at work? You'd come back to it completely razed and do the fury stomp.

OK my #9 was more of a wishful thing :-)

As for forts, I assume the same thing would happen as happens with Archer Point.... the baddies attack when I am in the instance, not while i'm 'at work' :)
Or better yet, we get PAGED that our fort is under attack and we have 10 minutes to get on and prepare muahahahahahah (maniacal laughter).Imagine the frustration of being trapped at work with the clock ticking down, almost hearing the screams of your dying henchmen..... now thats priceless :P

Pellegro
11-01-2007, 10:14 PM
More quests that are designed the way I like them.

Waht do I like?

Short quests that are intense (even if easy) fights with good loot. Giant Caves, that one in the graveyard where you light the pyres, PoP.

Long quests that are well thought out with innovative traps and challenging encounters with unique end loot that people will want, rather than just level after level of same mob same encounter (e.g. WizKing -YES; that tower in graveyard - NO; Xorian - YES; that other DQ preraid one that is just gnoll after gnoll - NO).

No Undead. No explanation needed.

Epic quest lines that have a good story, the quests themselves are of medium length and challenging, and that have some diversity.

Raids that don't require extensive reflagging, but still have a long quest followed by intense boss fight that requires tactics which will take us some time to figure out (but not necessarily twitch skills). Titan and Dragon (minus Vons 1-4) come to mind here.

We especially need a new "signature" quest or quest line a la WW/STK, or TR, Greymoon/CO6. Those were just so much fun when you first started to learn/run them ...

There's my 2, maybe 3, cents.

Cowdenicus
11-01-2007, 10:45 PM
I would like clerics to be given a little love in their ability to be able to melee, and spell cast. Seriously Clerics need a boost from the developers, just make them a full Bab class with evasion and infinite spell points.

Seriously though, more classes especially Mystic Theurge.

2nd thing I want, My Founders title........ I dont think that one is going to happen though.

Elthbert
11-02-2007, 12:16 AM
This one is hard.

For my personal enjoyment.

Crafting--- Meaning D&D Magical Item Crafting not some bastardization of EQ crafting.

For the Good of the Game

New classes

Followed closely by new races.

Aeneas
11-02-2007, 07:54 AM
don't want a time sink. do think some new classes/races could breathe life back into this game for a while, we haven't seen anything since drow over a year ago.

my personal biggest request is a small bank space that is universal across the players toons. Which would allow for the transfer of raid loot from one character to another. Getting that one great piece of raid loot a year ago and then realizing you screwed your character up and you'd like to see him die and bequeath an item to his "son" you rerolled would be great. I know the big time raiders don't see this as a priority, but i don't care about you - you're not everyone and if you don't want to share your loot among your toons, then don't. Perhaps 400 house k favor could unlock the bank slot to allow this.

Aeneas
11-02-2007, 07:56 AM
Oh and while you are at it the Cesti in Cult of the Six's End Reward list need to deal an additional set of damage with a critical modifier and such(basically a weapon), as they are gloves with metallic stubs over the knuckles.

always thought that myself.

Aspenor
11-02-2007, 07:59 AM
This one is hard.

For my personal enjoyment.

Crafting--- Meaning D&D Magical Item Crafting not some bastardization of EQ crafting.

For the Good of the Game

New classes

Followed closely by new races.

SO which is it??? I'm counting these, ya know ;)

oronisi
11-02-2007, 08:51 AM
crafting.

Honestly, new classes would get old quickly. We need a new system to play with.

Pellegro
11-05-2007, 11:34 AM
When people talk about "D&D style crafting" as opposed to "MMO style crafting", I don't know what that means.

Can anyone please explain?

I played LOTRO for like a month or 2 and I found crafting to be about the most boring thing I've ever done. Ever. It was just a series of clicks to perform on random things I'd pick up (or worse - camp/farm), that resutled in transforming littel bits of stuff I could sell to some broker for other little bits of stuff I could sell to some broker. Of course, if I chose to do it for 1,000,000,000,000 hours and therefore became a GrandMaster, I could make something useful to some player out there, but there were already 500 of those selling things on the AH.

Anyhow .... I'm curious to hear what about crafting would be fun, adn how you envision it being implemented "DDO style".

Dirkan
11-05-2007, 11:42 AM
All of the above, but races first.

Yvonne_Blacksword
11-05-2007, 12:15 PM
I want a druid..

but i would like a 1/2 orc

and might enjoy armor customization and tatoos..

But I WANT a druid...

(Ughugh the 1/2 orc tatooed coconut shell bikini wearing druid...lol.)

moorewr
11-05-2007, 12:35 PM
More races!

Saaluta
11-05-2007, 12:37 PM
I want to say crafting that leads to character customization...i.e. you can make new colored clothing for your character, or using a paste made out of 10 star sapphires can turn your armor blue instead of that ghastly red and orange color it is currently...after all a girl has to look good :)

Saaluta :)

woodspider
11-05-2007, 02:50 PM
PnP crafting for me please!

Followed by Gambling....

Stanley_Nicholas
11-05-2007, 02:55 PM
Prestige classes - the real thing, not just enhancement-based variations.

Polsih
11-07-2007, 02:20 AM
A. The legendary Account-Shared 4th Bank Slot
B. Duel-Handed Throwing would be nice also, but for those keeping count of our wishes ... go with "A" :D

sirgog
11-07-2007, 02:35 AM
If non-quest content is what you restrict it to then, in order:

1) More races, preferably Ā½orcs for all and aasimar for 750 favor
2) More classes.

GlassCannon
11-07-2007, 03:55 AM
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee307/sarin_elf/1168499563623.jpghttp://g-images.amazon.com/images/G/01/th/blog/stabila-mason-levels.jpg

Epic Levels.

Actually to be honest I don't much care what you focus on. Artificing would be nice.

Cowdenicus
11-07-2007, 04:04 AM
This thread asks this simple question: what do you want? Primarily focusing on the following items that have been suggested by many players, answer the question in the way that you feel. Feel free to answer and thoughtfully discuss other players' answers, but no flames, and no complaining please.

New Races - Gnomes, Half-Orcs, Aasimar/Tieflings, Half-Elves, or tell us your pick
New Classes - Monks, Druids, Prestige Classes, or tell us your pick
Non Quest Content : Choose One Please

Guild Housing / Banking
Character Customization - Armor Design, Haircuts, Tattoos...your suggestions?
Crafting

Disclaimer to the players: If you RANK these items, only your HIGHEST ranking item will be counted. If you don't choose any specific item as most important, I'm sorry but I can't count that. Thanks!

All your loots?

cardmj1
11-07-2007, 04:05 AM
1. Expanding beyond Stormreach. It could be wilderness area, but put small towns dispersed throughout it with vendors, inns, and trainers. Once you have completed whatever quest in that town, then you can teleport to it later. Just something different than the same ol' undead yet again.

2. Guild housing.. ehh, depends on how it is implemented and the pricing.

3. Prestige classes w/bugs... no thanks. w/o bug.... definitely.

4. Crafting... time sink, time sink... but not a bad idea when you are an insomniac and have nothing else better to do (ie. yet another undead quest)

5. Character customization.. nice but really not worth the time if it takes the developers away from implementing new content.

Other than quest content...A stadium of sorts where there could be archery tournaments, wizard showdown, .... a festival of tournaments where it can be toon on monster, toon on toon, party on party, or guild on guild. A once a year festival of champions.

Lost_Leader
11-07-2007, 04:31 AM
Think I am going to go with Crafting at the top of my list. Something you can work on between groups solo to personalize you character, less expensive obtaining of supplies, even a source of income by selling your goods on the open market. Yes, the economy may see an impact, but it would be more entertaining than running the same quests over and over for loot to sell to the bartenders. Something you can accomplish solo, but won't detract from the necessity of grouping. Even PvP between groups requires another player out there to fight.

New Classes is a close second. Druid, Monk, Favored Soul and Artificer would be at the top of my wish list there. Monks are on the horizon and druid is supposedly in the works. I think Favored Soul would be easy to implement (basically a sorcerer style cleric, for you non-pnp'ers). Also, this is Eberron, we have the Warforged, I like the idea of Artificer to add to that flavor, but it would mostly be just gravy.

Elthbert
11-07-2007, 03:40 PM
When people talk about "D&D style crafting" as opposed to "MMO style crafting", I don't know what that means.

I played LOTRO for like a month or 2 and I found crafting to be about the most boring thing I've ever done. Ever. It was just a series of clicks to perform on random things I'd pick up (or worse - camp/farm), that resutled in transforming littel bits of stuff I could sell to some broker for other little bits of stuff I could sell to some broker. Of course, if I chose to do it for 1,000,000,000,000 hours and therefore became a GrandMaster, I could make something useful to some player out there, but there were already 500 of those selling things on the AH.

Anyhow .... I'm curious to hear what about crafting would be fun, adn how you envision it being implemented "DDO style".

In D&D magic Items can be crafted, this is a process which invloves the use of feats, and money, and depending on the DM, special ingrediants and most presious thing in PNP (but not so much in DDO) Experiance points, to craft magical items. This allows you to make magical items that you actually want, and the level limits in place on DDO should keep it from getting silly. I don't think these should be bind on aquire but perhaps bind on equip would be appropriate. The only problem I see is the fact that XP is vitrtually a limitless source here and not the check it is in D&D.

Elthbert
11-07-2007, 03:43 PM
PnP crafting for me please!

Followed by Gambling....

Yup and we already have gambling.

Aesop
11-07-2007, 03:49 PM

DnD Crafting isn't about camping and mining ore like in WoW or any WoW like MMO.

DnD Crafting doesn't have you making a 1000 Bolts just so you can up your BLacksmithing Skill so you can make 1000 Nuts so that someday you can maybe make something you like.

DnD Crafting allows you to make custom items taylored to your character (within limits based on Character Level and Resources).

DnD Crafting isn't really a time sink (though in DnD Crafting it does take time so in DDO an Incubation Period would be appropriate and this would help keep the market from being flooded with items)

for more information on Crafting Magic Items in DnD check here http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/35/sovelior_sage/magicItemsCreation.html

Aesop

cridus
11-07-2007, 06:50 PM
I would really like to see new races and classes. I'm not bored with the current ones, but I would love to make a Half-Orc Barb or a Halfling Monk.

For Time Sinks I would really like crafting, I want to be able to make my own gear, if possible choose the design of the gear I want too, so when I spent time money and xp (D&D rules) in creating it, I can make it look cool.

I would also like to see polearms in this game, I want lances, and spears, I can imagine doing Gwylan's and when you see a minotaur start charging you can "set to charge" with a lance....that would be awesome.

Another thing I would really really really like to see would be mounts. I know Stormreach isn't huge or anything, but still would love to tear through town on a horse, or even better, in explorer areas. Even work in mounted combat, with lances.......I would be in heaven cause mounted combat would be freaking amazing. Can see charging down through the desert sands on a spirited Charger, wind in my hair, gnoll guts dripping off my lance.............this would be awesome.

axebender
11-07-2007, 07:00 PM
i feel all these are very important for us to have..but if i had to pick one for here and now it is the prestige classes..