PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions For Improving Customer Service

lostinjapan
11-01-2007, 05:44 AM
After a really really long evening spent dealing (mostly waiting) on Customer Service, I believe Turbine needs some major improvements to their in-game Customer Support Staff. Here are some suggestions I sincerely hope are taken and implemented.

Do not close tickets simply because a person is logged out of the game. For all you know they waited an hour (I did) for a GM before logging out to see if that fixed the problem (I did), only to log back in and find their ticket closed (I did). This is frustrating for the customer and only causes them to be less than friendly with the responding GM.
Have your junior support staff check to see if a Senior GM is even online/available at the time they do a referral and let the customer know "yes, one is online but we are unsure of how long the wait will be", or "no, there is no one online at the moment so you can go to bed/go to work/whatever and one may be able to get with you the next time you log in".
Please educate your junior support staff so they do not make ignorant suggestions nor ask you multiple times "are you sure?".

I've been online...bored...not doing anything....for 3 hours now....because I:

1) Can't log out for fear my ticket will be closed by whatever senior GM decides to respond simply because I am tired and went to bed.
2) Can't log in a different character to play with (see reason 1).
3) Can't see anything well enough to do anything in game because the problem still has not been resolved, and my healing spells are affected very badly as well.

**For those wondering, my cleric is currently under permanent Dolurrh Environmental Effects....and yes I'm very frustrated and bored.

Over four hours of waiting now.

lostinjapan
11-01-2007, 09:07 AM
Okay I've been waiting to get this problem resolved for over 5 hours now and am too tired, I have to sleep.

If someone closes my ticket without fixing the problem while I'm sleeping because I'm logged out I'm going to be very angry.

This is a screenshot (http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a289/snapless/ddo/dolbug.jpg) taken in House D at the mailbox of the visual effects of the bug.

In addition I'm getting about half the normal affect for my healing spells.

Server: Thelanis
Character: Xalixis

I've tried /death, logging in/out, changing locations, standing in a tavern, break enchantment spell and even (at the first GM's request) full restoration.

lostinjapan
11-01-2007, 07:14 PM
My ticket was closed (again) while I was offline because I HAD TO SLEEP!

I'm REALLY angry about this. My character is unplayable and your customer service is the pits. Truly. I WASTED 5 hours sitting and doing nothing waiting on you people, the least you can do is not close my ticket when I have to sleep.

Heck I can't even get a response to this thread. Get your stuff together I'm sick of dealing with incompetence.

Customer service tickets 410829 & 410880.

lostinjapan
11-02-2007, 12:31 AM
Thanks to all who responded with supporting words. Still have yet to hear from Turbine but I fixed it myself...tried all kinds of things (stupid ones too), took the third /death to remove the effects (in a dungeon that time, maybe that was the key missing factor).

Now while I don't need a response anymore from someone who can help, but I am STILL angry about the pitiful customer service and will be posting more on that in the main thread.

The above was posted here (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=126049).

To elucidate, I am very angry that my service ticket was closed twice while I was logged off. I waited, in game, doing nothing, for 5+ hours in an attempt to stay awake long enough for a GM to fix my problem.

I am also very angry that I have received NO response from Turbine in either thread nor via PM/e-mail** concerning this matter.

I tried, in my first post, to be nice, but there is NO excuse for the pitiful...no...the complete LACK of customer service I have received on this matter.

Your CS department has shown themselves to be completely incompetent in the field of "Customer Service".

**I am not including the automated e-mails sent when a GM responds/closes the ticket as 'resolved' when it so obviously is not.

slammedcivic2007
11-21-2007, 01:30 PM
The DM's in this game are completely useless. I have no use for them at all. Whats the point in there services because no matter what you submit a ticket for they say they cant help you any way. So whats the point. Turbine wants to save money get rid of the damned DM's. They get paid for nothing it seems. Customer service in general with this game is just horrible. The In game support has made me want to leave this game many of times....