PDA

View Full Version : Hellgate London

Vhlad
10-30-2007, 09:07 PM
I'll still be here, but I'll also be there.

If you see Vhlada, Vhlad, or evilOne, it's me!

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/9839/front1hellgatefullka9.jpg
See you in HELL!

Muirtach
10-31-2007, 02:22 AM
Nessa and I were both playing around in there during early and open Beta ( can I admit that now that the game is live?). Good quick paced game. Kind of like a futuristic Diablo FPS/3rdPs. Enjoyable and easy to jump in and out of.

Clay
10-31-2007, 05:17 AM
how long Q and Co will let this thread alone...

Ah well, here today gone tomorrow!

Deriaz
10-31-2007, 06:33 AM
Been waiting two years for this. Heheh. :3 Can't wait to play.

Haven't made any characters yet, as I don't have my copy, but I was in beta. Once I get the game, I'll post some character names. ^^

-D

Caelestis
10-31-2007, 01:49 PM
If you were in beta, you should be able to log in anyway and make your characters. They went live yesterday at 1 PST for characters and 5 PST for the game. Servers should be open to all now who have the game too.

Weedo
10-31-2007, 04:44 PM
ooo im prolly picking this up on the way home from work today

Deriaz
10-31-2007, 09:15 PM
Brother picked up the game while I was at school. Finished other work before playing, but I've got my names claimed.

On the Shulgoth server:

Deriaz
RoyalFlush

Both Marksmen. :3 Just waiting for the servers to come up now. Heheh.

-D

XFracture
10-31-2007, 11:49 PM
So... is it an MMO in the sense that DDO is an MMO or is it an "MMO" in the sense that NWN2 is an "MMO"?

Scarsgaard
10-31-2007, 11:53 PM
I'll be there till AoC goes live on the beta open... you see me say hi and we kill stuff :)

Caelestis
11-01-2007, 05:21 PM
Tough to explain. It is not an MMO, but it has some characteristics of it. People share the stations / general areas. Quests are instanced and can be soloed or grouped. No AH iirc, but you can trade. Crafting of a sort with junk coming mostly from dismantling stuff, not drops directly. PvP by choice in instances.

It is an odd hybrid Action-FPS-RPG-MMO so to speak. ;P

Kinda different, kinda similar to things. It is a fun change of pace, though I can see it having severe burnout potential if you overplay even with the random environments. Good graphics especially when you consider the min spec. machine they list (which I think would stutter with high settings bad lol).

We'll see. It is a BIG we shall see game as far as online stuff and updates vs. cost. For just an SP game though and a somewhat limited MP online, it is way worth it.

DDO_Ironwolf
11-02-2007, 03:44 AM
Just dl'd demo , sounds like a killer diablo style fps. Since the producers are the ones that did diablo its gotta be good . How you guys like it ?

DDO_Ironwolf
11-02-2007, 03:47 AM
how many servers are there and do you have to pay 9.99 to get the online experience ?

Deriaz
11-02-2007, 06:43 AM
I love the game, myself. Then again, I've been watching it for 2 years, so I'm not really disappointed by anything. Probably my second favorite game, second only to Portal.

From what I know, there's one US server, one EU server, and the test server. It's not as bad as it sounds, though. Towns are split into channels, and last I saw, there were about 45 channels of just the first town. And each channel holds, what, 15 to 20 people?

You don't HAVE to pay $9.99 to get the online experience. That's completely free if you want it to be. But subscribers do get benefits, like access to new content when it releases, "raid-level" areas, the ability to make a guild, or become an officer in one, "Elite" armor, Elite mode (Harder mobs), Hardcore mode (You die, you're done), some PvP things, and a few other tiny things.

Really, though, I'm happy with the game as is. I'm not subscribing, though I'm very tempted to. . . And if I do, it would probably be the founder's offer.

-D

DDO_Ironwolf
11-02-2007, 02:16 PM
ya I did the whole demo last night .. great game , It really has that diablo feel with hack and slash and item drops to it. I am guessing the demo does not do justice to the game though so I'm goin to pick it up. Thanks for info.

Caelestis
11-02-2007, 05:29 PM
No, the demo does not really do the game much justice.

As for subscribing, yeah, what has been said. Tough call really as they DO plan to add some content and fairly often so the subscription does have present and future payoffs. I just think, and wish, it should be about half what it is imho to be on par with other pay stuff.

DDO_Ironwolf
11-02-2007, 05:46 PM
bought Hellgate London and World in Conflict... what server you all on ? Look for Ironwolf. ;) Gotta take a small breather from DDO sometimes.

Deriaz
11-02-2007, 06:33 PM
Hellgate has one US server - Shulgoth. I'm assuming they won't add anymore for awhile, so we're all probably there. . . Those of us that are playing, of course. :D

-D

DDO_Ironwolf
11-02-2007, 07:34 PM
I'm Ironwolf in game a lowly lvl 3 lol, what was wicked is I went into this one area thinking it was easy based on the demo and SHMACK ! it was completely different and I almost got smacked down. Neat how its so random.

Kalanth
11-02-2007, 07:47 PM
It looks sexy, and the opening video (at least what I saw on YouTube) is amazing. I don't think it will ever win my heart, but I might play it until the free month is up.

moorewr
11-02-2007, 08:52 PM
Watched some game-play on youtube. So much kiting, I'm dizzy! Can you call regular FPS play kiting? The interface looks WOWish - how is melee? Are there maneuvers?

Also they've managed to name their money "Palladium" (soon to be known as plat :)) when they had the British Pound just begging to be used...

I was amused to note there is no auction house yet (according to http://www.hellgateguru.com/gurufaq/), etc, so by DDO standards of doom, they're DOOOOOMED! because the game was released "unfinished."

heh.

DDO_Ironwolf
11-02-2007, 09:58 PM
Think Diablo but futuristic and in dx10 amazing 3d. Actually though if I had to take this game and tell what it consisted of .. I would say ..

Diablo style with random everything and fast paced hack and slash. Items drop all over and often its very addicting not to mention the theme is fun. If you walk into a place it will never have the same anything in it. There are quests to run that are actually pretty good. The main thing is this has the diablo addictive quality and replay value.

RUNE-The combat reminds me of an older title called Rune. You have control how your char attacks and lunges in 3rd person. I say rune because the animations look alot alike. Now for the twist...

Anarchy online.. - the augmentations you can do to weapons and armor .The weapons themselves as well as suits and armor remind me of anarchy online. You can actually break down weapons and such to get raw elements to upgrade items.

GuildWars- Alot of the same things in this game just much better.

Doom/Quake/ UT. When you are in 1st person view with a rifle this plays out just like a FPS and the best to date. Graphics with the right system are just plain awesome.

You can play for free online. So its just a sweet blend of action all together. A perfect break in between DDO when you need to seriously slaughter zombies. =)

Vhlad
11-04-2007, 08:31 AM
It looks sexy, and the opening video (at least what I saw on YouTube) is amazing. I don't think it will ever win my heart, but I might play it until the free month is up.

Every month is free!

There is NO subscription!!

Well, there is, but it is 100% optional. It gives you more bank space, more character slots, the ability to create a guild, and access to special content (i.e. christmas events, etc).

TreknaQudane
11-04-2007, 12:53 PM
Every month is free!

There is NO subscription!!

Well, there is, but it is 100% optional. It gives you more bank space, more character slots, the ability to create a guild, and access to special content (i.e. christmas events, etc).

In other words you get the demo for free and the actual game for money :)

Caelestis
11-04-2007, 05:23 PM
No, you get the game as is with bug fixes as they happen for the retail shelf price. You get the SP game. You get the MP game with 3 character slots. You have a bank space. You can join guilds but cannot start them or be an officer. You get everything if you do not subscribe except below as taken right from the page:

Subscribers get massive amounts of ongoing content and access to special features, events, and benefits right away:
Hardcore Mode
Guild Creation and Management
Larger Stash
Additional Character Slots
Themed Events and Quests
Unique Event Items
Special Event Pets
Hellgate: London Subscribers will also get a host of new content that is designed to extend, enhance and alter the way the game is enjoyed:
New Levels to Explore
New Monsters
New Weapons
New Skills and Spells
New Character Classes
Raid-Level Areas
Seasonal / Themed Events and Items
Additional Difficulty and Game Play Modes
Additional PvP Modes and Rewards
Achievement Rewards
Advanced Guild Management Tools
Web-based Rankings and Character Viewing

Please note that I am neither promoting subscribing or trying to discourage it as it is each person's preference.

So . . . the game is just like all other games basically with MP online except you can optionally choose to subscribe which gives you more stuff is all. Fix any confusion? heheh ;P

DDO_Ironwolf
11-04-2007, 11:27 PM
Wolf in Hellgate London is lvl 7 and already has some decent legendary items. If you have a marksman I have alot of good gear for ya.

XFracture
11-06-2007, 08:29 AM
I got the game yesterday, had to reload xp64 to get my derned disc drives to work (again) so I could install it but gotta say, TOTALLY worth it. It DEFINITELY has the addictiveness and replayability of diablo. I even lured my room mate in by letting him play for a few hours and he's out right now picking up a new mobo at Tiger Direct so he can start blasting away with me.

Thank you Vlahd for bringing this game to my attention! I've finally found my DDO replacement. I've been desperately dying for a new time killer and I've now got one to bide me over for quite some time. There are far too few good sci-fi MMO's out there.

I've sent emails and ingame mails out to all my players out there. But in case I've missed anyone you'll be able to find me as XFracture, Cutthroat or Jauggernaut.

Vhlad
11-06-2007, 09:51 AM
They are going to roll out lots of new content too. A new outdoor tileset is already on its way.

level 29 engineer, Vhlada
US - SHULGOTH

Mad_Bombardier
11-06-2007, 11:11 AM
I remember hearing about this one a couple of years ago. Then it was pushed back and back and I totally forgot about it. The main site info is sparse (to be polite). I had to get system requirements from a fansite. I'm seeing RPG and creators of DiabloII. Then I see $10 monthly fee. For a solo/limited multiplayer RPG... Are you freaking kidding me? I have to buy a game and pay to play by myself?

Does anyone have complete (or at least better) info? I can't stand to sift through any more fansites/forums with annoying in-text ads. :D

Vhlad
11-06-2007, 11:43 AM
I remember hearing about this one a couple of years ago. Then it was pushed back and back and I totally forgot about it. The main site info is sparse (to be polite). I had to get system requirements from a fansite. I'm seeing RPG and creators of DiabloII. Then I see $10 monthly fee. For a solo/limited multiplayer RPG... Are you freaking kidding me? I have to buy a game and pay to play by myself?

Does anyone have complete (or at least better) info? I can't stand to sift through any more fansites/forums with annoying in-text ads. :D

The company was founded in 2003. The game was announced 2005. And then released on Halloween 2007 (as planned? - it seems so, considering they have content specific for halloween and for Nov 5th (guy fawkes day)).

Anyway, you do not have to pay monthly. Read what Caelestis wrote just above you.

Game info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellgate:_London
Game demo: http://files.filefront.com/Hellgate+London+Demo/;8828967;/fileinfo.html

Cupcake
11-06-2007, 12:19 PM
Think Diablo but futuristic and in dx10 amazing 3d. Actually though if I had to take this game and tell what it consisted of .. I would say ..

Diablo style with random everything and fast paced hack and slash. Items drop all over and often its very addicting not to mention the theme is fun. If you walk into a place it will never have the same anything in it. There are quests to run that are actually pretty good. The main thing is this has the diablo addictive quality and replay value.

RUNE-The combat reminds me of an older title called Rune. You have control how your char attacks and lunges in 3rd person. I say rune because the animations look alot alike. Now for the twist...

Anarchy online.. - the augmentations you can do to weapons and armor .The weapons themselves as well as suits and armor remind me of anarchy online. You can actually break down weapons and such to get raw elements to upgrade items.

GuildWars- Alot of the same things in this game just much better.

Doom/Quake/ UT. When you are in 1st person view with a rifle this plays out just like a FPS and the best to date. Graphics with the right system are just plain awesome.

You can play for free online. So its just a sweet blend of action all together. A perfect break in between DDO when you need to seriously slaughter zombies. =)

Good luck with the game gentlemen.

I was tempted to look into it, but Ironwolf kinda kicked that in the bud for me. I was never able to play Diablo because of the 3D graphics. If this game is at all similar, I won't be able to play it. :(

Rowanheal
11-06-2007, 12:24 PM
I have the hubby trying to download the demo onto my machine now...

I LOVED DIABLO... I mean loved it... loved it loved it loved it...

I still go back and play it when I need a shot of some hack n slash :)

I am not sure this game is my flavor, but it's a free demo *shrugs*

So I will see if my machine can handle it... it will probably explode...

See ya in Stormreach,

-R

Cupcake
11-06-2007, 12:26 PM
I have the hubby trying to download the demo onto my machine now...

I LOVED DIABLO... I mean loved it... loved it loved it loved it...

I still go back and play it when I need a shot of some hack n slash :)

I am not sure this game is my flavor, but it's a free demo *shrugs*

So I will see if my machine can handle it... it will probably explode...

See ya in Stormreach,

-R

I may tell hubby about it cause he liked Diablo and Diablo II also.

I just cant play it.

Mad_Bombardier
11-06-2007, 03:05 PM
The company was founded in 2003. The game was announced 2005. And then released on Halloween 2007 (as planned? - it seems so, considering they have content specific for halloween and for Nov 5th (guy fawkes day)).

Anyway, you do not have to pay monthly. Read what Caelestis wrote just above you.

Game info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellgate:_London
Game demo: http://files.filefront.com/Hellgate+London+Demo/;8828967;/fileinfo.htmlThanks Vhlad/Sair. :) (Dunno how I missed that post. :o)