PDA

View Full Version : Surprise Us

MysticTheurge
10-26-2007, 02:29 PM
Dear Devs,

I still remember how amazing it was to slowly come to the realization that there was a level cap increase in Mod 4. Honestly, nothing was better than realizing that this huge deal that no one expected to be in the module was actually there.

Since we already know you guys want to get another level cap increase in Mod 6, I'm asking you to keep some other big news under wraps until close to release. Surprise us with something that we all want, but we never thought you'd get into the mod. I don't really care what it is, but it's a very cool feeling, sort of like Christmas morning.

Thanks,

MT

Albel
10-26-2007, 02:37 PM
/signed I like that feeling :)

Yaga_Nub
10-26-2007, 02:37 PM
Dear Devs,

I still remember how amazing it was to slowly come to the realization that there was a level cap increase in Mod 4. Honestly, nothing was better than realizing that this huge deal that no one expected to be in the module was actually there.

Since we already know you guys want to get another level cap increase in Mod 6, I'm asking you to keep some other big news under wraps until close to release. Surprise us with something that we all want, but we never thought you'd get into the mod. I don't really care what it is, but it's a very cool feeling, sort of like Christmas morning.

Thanks,

MT

I would prefer they make some tiny reference so we soooort of know of about but when we see it we all go "WOW!"

JelloMold
10-26-2007, 02:41 PM
I always liked it when I'd get something really small in a really big box. Maybe some misdirection just to be fun.

(just kidding, I don't think the forum base has much of a sense of humor)

Yukiko
10-26-2007, 02:42 PM
You can tell me everything that you have planned in a PM, I dont mind :D

Beergut
10-26-2007, 02:42 PM
I would settle for just being released on time :)

Cupcake
10-26-2007, 02:43 PM
I always liked it when I'd get something really small in a really big box. Maybe some misdirection just to be fun.

(just kidding, I don't think the forum base has much of a sense of humor)

*refuses to comment on that one LOL

Yaga_Nub
10-26-2007, 02:48 PM
I would settle for just being released on time :)

Well...... since they haven't said exactly when it is going to be released, it will technically be on-time as long as it is released in December or January.

MysticTheurge
10-26-2007, 02:50 PM
I would prefer they make some tiny reference so we soooort of know of about but when we see it we all go "WOW!"

Yeah, they should start dropping hints about it as we get closer to the Mod. Like whatever it was that DeadlyGazeebo posted that made us go "Wait a second... that would mean..."

Missing_Minds
10-26-2007, 02:54 PM
Yeah, MT. I like this line of thinking. The guesswork is really fun.

Then again with lvl cap raise, fixes for ranged combat, enhancments for rangers and rogues, and no clue at all what they have in mind for new content...

I'm excited already.

Dane_McArdy
10-26-2007, 03:09 PM
Yeah, MT. I like this line of thinking. The guesswork is really fun.

Only for the 17 of us that actually read the forums, and then spend our time repeating it =)

Yaga_Nub
10-26-2007, 03:19 PM
Only for the 17 of us that actually read the forums, and then spend our time repeating it =)

I hope you're not counting me in that number. I just glance at the title and then start writing things. I don't actually read anything in the posts. :D

Beherit_Baphomar
10-26-2007, 03:21 PM
I like MT's suggestion, very much.

One other...give us some screenshots to look over too, like you did in MOD 4 (? I think)....people trying to guess what the mobs were, people get excited looking at the pics, not too revealing, just enough....kinda like french knickers.....thanks, have a wonderful day....

Dane_McArdy
10-26-2007, 03:25 PM
I hope you're not counting me in that number. I just glance at the title and then start writing things. I don't actually read anything in the posts. :D

OMG, the other day we totally ran this quest that we like hadn't in like years, and it was like totally new and every, because we had like so forgoten everything and we did it like totally on hard and all that, alike only one person died a few times.

Yaga_Nub
10-26-2007, 03:25 PM
..kinda like french knickers.....

hehehehe he said french knickers he he he

issiana
10-26-2007, 04:24 PM
very nice idea. i like surprises.. well only if they are nice ones, lol

Memnir
10-26-2007, 04:27 PM
I've been thinking the same thing. I think that having too much information before hand has been building things up in my head, and then I get let down when the reality of the game does not live up to the vision in my head. Like seeing the movie adaptation of a good book... yeah, the movie may be awesome, but the book was always better.

But, I may just stop reading the Dev Updates for that very reason. I don't read spoilers on the 'net for things I want to be suprised about for other games & movies... so I may just stop reading the Dev's own spoilers. ;)

akla_thornfist
10-26-2007, 05:52 PM
I do like surprizes, but i hope they tease us a little :D

issiana
10-26-2007, 06:19 PM
actually i wonder if the "New" style of load screen with no release info is a kinda surprise in itself. Now we have no idea just when the next mod is, hehe.

Gratch
10-26-2007, 07:36 PM
Yeah, they should start dropping hints about it as we get closer to the Mod. Like whatever it was that DeadlyGazeebo posted that made us go "Wait a second... that would mean..."

Yes. They should definitely add something we aren't expecting for some reason but leave a few hints. Here, let me help with some Developer Comment intros you could make starting late November for something sneak you should add into Mod 6:

We've chopped the new blah blah
The flurry of blah blah
To stop you from quivering, we've added blah blah
Though it won't make a diamond out of your soul, the new rez mechanic blah blah
You should keep those kamas.

GuitarHero
10-27-2007, 12:16 AM
(disclaimer: this is a joke)

I'm still waiting on them to go, "All right, we all thought about it, and we've heard your complaints. To satisfy everyone, we're removing rogues and pally's from the game. you have 12 hours to transfer your gear to another character."

Cowdenicus
10-27-2007, 12:37 AM
What I would like to see is something like.

The new combat mechanic will be (then leave blank from here on for a couple weeks)

Things of that nature, so that we know what is coming down the pipeline just not how it will be done.

~Jules921
10-27-2007, 04:26 AM
I like surprises.

Jules

WestiesMA
10-27-2007, 05:03 PM
Dear Devs,

I hear you, but some people may be teetering on leaving the game if something is not included, and I'd hate to see poeple leave over something they thought was not going to be there that ends up there.

MysticTheurge
10-27-2007, 05:08 PM
I hear you, but some people may be teetering on leaving the game if something is not included, and I'd hate to see poeple leave over something they thought was not going to be there that ends up there.

But then they can come back and have a little chuckle at their own silliness.