PDA

View Full Version : Faith Tenets

Cowdenicus
10-25-2007, 05:58 PM
These faith tenets that are the cleric version of the upgrades available are completely underpowered as compared to what rogues have and what rangers are going to get.

My hope is that Turbine will look into these as for the cost they are almost worthless, not to mention clerics are the only ones whose are race restricted.

Ghoste
10-25-2007, 08:54 PM
I'm not very familiar with the details of the rogue enhancement lines, but I'm plenty happy with the LOB line for clerics.

Either way, a cleric is still a more appealing class for me to play than a rogue.

MrCow
10-25-2007, 09:34 PM
The lopsidedness of doing class specific enhancements is one way Turbine has to help balance classes in DDO. Clerics are plenty powerful when it comes to DDO, but rogues are often misunderstood and come with a high learning curve to be effective in DDO. I see no real disparity when it comes to this.

I'm certain we will see more of these types of enhancement cost issues when they implement other such class specific enhancements (such as the ranger ones coming up).

Don't forget, the rogue Ways and the bardic song-style enhancements have hefty requirements compared to the clerical/paladin faith based enhancements.

Lastly, not everything has to have a metagame superiority reason to be put in the DDO enhancement system. Some things might just be better thought of as flavor options or options that accent roleplaying options.

Cowdenicus
10-26-2007, 12:21 AM
The cleric ones just seem MEH.

Geonis
10-26-2007, 02:50 AM
The cleric ones just seem MEH.

Then try a WF Battle Cleric. :D

DoctorWhofan
10-26-2007, 05:36 AM
Try an elven Paladin with with +1 to smintars and a raise dead clickie. Not too shabby.

My human's +1 to longswords and an extra LoH-like clickie is pretty good, not as good as the raise dead, but good.

For the clerics, the are not that useful. Most clerics are not that wasteful with mana and do all what they do. They should be DIFFERENT than what the Paladins get and not be race required.

Cowdenicus
10-26-2007, 07:07 AM
even the ones for pallies (I know they are the same albeit slightly more useful) are still underpowered.

I realize they "cost" less due to almost no prereqs, but I would like to see these boosted both in power, and cost.

Actually what I would like to see is the faith tenets gone, and something useful for clerics put in, and something different and useful for pallies put in.

MysticTheurge
10-26-2007, 07:33 AM
For the clerics, the are not that useful.

That's the problem right there. The ones we currently have are decent for paladins, but they really offer very little to clerics.

Mad_Bombardier
10-26-2007, 08:50 AM
For the clerics, the are not that useful. Most clerics are not that wasteful with mana and do all what they do.Yes, the Faith enhancements do mimic abilities Clerics already have. But, if you take them at level 6, you get that ability 3-5 levels sooner than normal!
-Raise Dead, ok 1 level sooner than scrolls, but doesn't cost 6k GP per use.
-SuperHeal, 3 levels sooner than Heal scroll and full HP instead of 110.
-Exorcism, 6 levels sooner than DivineLight3 (and Extraplanar instead of Undead).
-Vulkoor Scorrow, 5 levels sooner and easily better than SM7 Efreeti (if only he went on a diet so he could fit through doorways :p).

They already fixed the weapon proficiency issue. So, my remaining pet peeve is not the quality of the enhancements, but the timer. It was already lowered from 20 minutes to 10 minutes (wasn't it?). Once per rest would be much more usable.

Vorn
10-26-2007, 08:58 AM
I find them interesting, just wish there was more of a selection of available 'church' options. My true neutral cleric would be fascinated by a line for Lady Vol or maybe even Mockery....