PDA

View Full Version : Okay! Finish this sentence:

Quarion
10-22-2007, 03:45 PM
"Lets talk about __________________."

TreknaQudane
10-22-2007, 03:45 PM
New class based profession enhancements :)

mocat
10-22-2007, 03:47 PM
Let's talk about...

... monster playable races.

Say..... kobolds for instance. :D

Ok, ok. Just kobolds. :rolleyes:

juniorpfactors
talk about closing the Raid and redesigning what it is we are ported to ...so there is actually a Dungeons and Dragons issue at hand NOT a Rubix Cube...shut it down ...get a new concept and then maybe you will continue to have enjoyable playable event

Randor
Melee mechanics and incorporeal mobs being outta whack

moorewr
monks and druids!

Kadagan
a level cap increase

Dane_McArdy
clothing for the city and player made UIs.

Bards to be able to put on shows, and different songs for thier song buffs.

Kadagan
10-22-2007, 03:48 PM
... monster playable races. Say..... kobolds for instance. :D

ooo... sounds good. Or a trog.

Crarites
If its a song title I think most of the words will get filtered.

Kadagan
Psionics!!!! please... :o

Drider
10-22-2007, 03:50 PM

[glob glob - it took 12 whole posts! Slackers!]

Other then that.. I'd like to know more about incoming races and classes. Also the possibilities of monster races.. like kobolds, hobgoblins, etc.. but mainly kobolds. :)

Cowdenicus
10-22-2007, 03:50 PM
More skill based quest optionals (to include skills like heal, and the like, not just rogue skills but those to be included for sure) , and prestige classes like Mystic Theurge.

Lets also talk about quivers, spell component pouches, and scroll cases.

AoD45154
10-22-2007, 03:52 PM
in-game guild improvements....like Leader/Officers being able to send in-game mail to all guild members, a message board able to hold more than the current MoTD. There are more but just those 2 things would greatly improvement guild communication across time zones.

Thanks

bandyman1
10-22-2007, 03:53 PM
weather or not Turbine views Mod 5 as a success ( given the feedback in the poll with fully a 1/3 of forum goers stating they don't care for it ), the ( possible ) negative ( ? ) effect the delays of the last few months have had on player population, and the plans Turbine has to increase the morale of it's player-base.

PS: I wish to state Q, that I mean this as seriously as possible. These are questions I honestly would like to know the answers to, not a rant.

TreknaQudane
10-22-2007, 03:53 PM
More skill based quest optionals (to include skills like heal, and the like, not just rogue skills but those to be included for sure) , and prestige classes like Mystic Theurge.

Lets also talk about quivers, spell component pouches, and scroll cases.

You don't consider it already a quiver when you can carry stacks of 100?

Kalanth
10-22-2007, 03:54 PM

Blanket immunities and how to PROPERLY adjust a quest instead of CHEEPLY adjusting a quest.

Spectralist
10-22-2007, 03:56 PM
Lets talk about... balancing enhancements.

Them bloody dwarves are rather overpowered at the moment. And having most races get +4 to a stat rather then +2 makes many builds rather more awkward then they should be.

Fahkrin
10-22-2007, 03:57 PM
true prestige classes, rather than enhancement based specialties such as "Way of...."

MysticTheurge
10-22-2007, 03:59 PM

Fourth Edition.

Aspenor
10-22-2007, 04:02 PM

More non-combat functionality of skills and magic.

Ringos
10-22-2007, 04:02 PM
Crafting, being able to modify armor, having more/better options on the Guild Tab (more room, successor can promote people, etc)., letting cleric's sspells actually do some damage to undead.

...and why is it that I can't type 'alliance' on the MotD? Why in the heck is that a bad word?

Vhlad
10-22-2007, 04:04 PM
Half orcs

When are they coming, what are their enhancements

Wearn't we told Fall before? Now maybe not even mod 6

I've been waiting to make a barbarian for a LONG time. He must be optimized. The best possible. And I don't want to reroll. So I am waiting to see half-orc specs (i.e. enhancement list, etc) before making my barb.

waiting, and waiting.

NameisToad
10-22-2007, 04:06 PM
sex, baby.

Sorry I couldn't resist.

Let's talk about you and me
Let's talk about all the good things
and the bad things that may be
Let's talk about sex.

First thing that went through my mind too. :)

On subject, I'd like to talk about "the new, extended development cycle for DDO" and what you guys are actually planning to do. Did I miss where that was laid out, or did you not post it on the forums?

joker965
10-22-2007, 04:09 PM
Fourth Edition.

2nd Edition AD&D :p

or

Could we please make some more quest type series of adventures like Threnal or CO6. These raids that you need to play the game for 100 hours just to get into the first time SUX IMO.

P.S. If these raids are what you live for then don't mind me. We will just have to agree to disagree.

Ghoste
10-22-2007, 04:09 PM
Bringing about an end to all fleshlings.

Furgulder
10-22-2007, 04:10 PM
Character customization.

Armor styles/dyes

Tattoos/Clothing/New hairstyles/facial features

Weapon Customization "Yes I realize this +2 Ghost Touch Disruptor is pretty nice, but Im a dex based rogue/fighter, and I use finesse weapons, not Great Crossbows.....that are rr Warforged....."

I dont even care if these changes come with a pp cost.

Cowdenicus
10-22-2007, 04:14 PM

Not when you could need hundreds on a quest........ If fighters had the space limitations of ranged or caster classes there would be an uproar on the forums.

apollojuly
10-22-2007, 04:15 PM
More raids like Tempest Spine. At every level.

Cowdenicus
10-22-2007, 04:16 PM
More non-combat functionality of skills and magic.

Asp, you are my hero today.

*Note this post construes as my one nice thing I have to say to Asp annually, I next have to say something nice to him on October 22, 2008 :eek:

Aesop
10-22-2007, 04:16 PM

s.. nah too easy

well lets see

1. Core Class Implementation (Monks and Druids)
2. Core Race Implementation (Gnomes, Half- Elves, and Half-Orcs)
3. Crafting (pretty please don't fall for the MMO trap)
4. Prestige Classes (gimme Duelist, Tempest and others)(This is important to me)
5. Spells (more and expansive lists)
6. Metamagic Feats (Energy Substitution and Admixture are high on my list)
7. Feats (Asthetic Knight and Devoted Performer are high on my list)
8. Reserve Feats (yeah right :D ) (would love them but don't foresee them)
9. Eberron Specific Additions (Shifters, Changlings, Khalashtar, Artificers etc)
10. More Stand Alone Raids (Like Tempest Spine)
11. Alternate Modes of Travel (flying and underwater combat)
12. Skills (new like Climb and Sleight of Hand and old like DD being used to monkey wrench/set traps, diploing mobs before combat to bypass certain encounters)
13. Enhancements (maybe a Pally one to use Intim to Taunt Undead, Arcane that gives School Specialization or something like that)
14. Level 20+ (up to level 20 and Epic levels)
15. The Plot that starts with M and ends with onsters.
16. um... I know there is more... oh yeah Ranged Combat and all things Archer...ie(thats a biggie)
17. More Cowbell

Aesop

Cowdenicus
10-22-2007, 04:17 PM
Character customization.

Armor styles/dyes

Tattoos/Clothing/New hairstyles/facial features

Weapon Customization "Yes I realize this +2 Ghost Touch Disruptor is pretty nice, but Im a dex based rogue/fighter, and I use finesse weapons, not Great Crossbows.....that are rr Warforged....."

I dont even care if these changes come with a pp cost.

I got a +2 ghost touch great axe of disruption ML 14 a while back, what is my cleric supposed to do with that?

Cowdenicus
10-22-2007, 04:19 PM
s.. nah too easy

well lets see

1. Core Class Implementation (Monks and Druids)
2. Core Race Implementation (Gnomes, Half- Elves, and Half-Orcs)
3. Crafting (pretty please don't fall for the MMO trap)
4. Prestige Classes (gimme Duelist, Tempest and others)(This is important to me)
5. Spells (more and expansive lists)
6. Metamagic Feats (Energy Substitution and Admixture are high on my list)
7. Feats (Asthetic Knight and Devoted Performer are high on my list)
8. Reserve Feats (yeah right :D ) (would love them but don't foresee them)
9. Eberron Specific Additions (Shifters, Changlings, Khalashtar, Artificers etc)
10. More Stand Alone Raids (Like Tempest Spine)
11. Alternate Modes of Travel (flying and underwater combat)
12. Skills (new like Climb and Sleight of Hand and old like DD being used to monkey wrench/set traps, diploing mobs before combat to bypass certain encounters)
13. Enhancements (maybe a Pally one to use Intim to Taunt Undead, Arcane that gives School Specialization or something like that)
14. Level 20+ (up to level 20 and Epic levels)
15. The Plot that starts with M and ends with onsters.
16. um... I know there is more... oh yeah Ranged Combat and all things Archer...ie(thats a biggie)

Aesop

You forgot COWBELL. :mad:

Coldin
10-22-2007, 04:20 PM
crafting.

It's frankly the only thing I'm super curious about right now.

Furgulder
10-22-2007, 04:23 PM
I got a +2 ghost touch great axe of disruption ML 14 a while back, what is my cleric supposed to do with that?

easy. mail it to:

HARLAND MOONEY

Beherit_Baphomar
10-22-2007, 04:23 PM

The unbalancing of this whole game...loots, tanks, casters, loot, ac, spellpoints, firewall, loot.

ADVERTISING...and lack of.

Cheezie 'DONT KILL ME MONSTA" DM'ing that yer showing us.

Ozoro from the Tinted Faces being sent back to the Euro Servers.

GUILD GOODIES! - Housing (meh) UNIFORMS (YAY!)

Raid loot - Specifically the new raid loot being utter junk...and the drop rate for the old raids being...well...kinda crappy.

And seconding Apollo's request; More raids, for all levels, like Tempest Spine.

Impaqt
10-22-2007, 04:28 PM
The Abbot Raid.......

In Depth... I would like to know the logic behind making an RPG a FPS/Twitch gamer game. I would like some real answers and discussion from devs rather than "Dont Die".

noilli
10-22-2007, 04:33 PM
Fixing the map system.

Yvonne_Blacksword
10-22-2007, 04:42 PM
...Heal/reconstruction potions..
...coffee mugs with DDO logos.
...Plat Laundering...

FlyinS
10-22-2007, 04:47 PM
...the ability to customize your look and other articles of clothing affecting your look (ex. You put on gloves and you can see them. You put on a different pair and they have a different look.)

Dariun
10-22-2007, 04:50 PM
how to make the game more fun.

Litz
10-22-2007, 04:51 PM
Lets talk about Trebuchets!

Hafeal
10-22-2007, 04:53 PM
how to provide all players, but especially casual players, better character creation / advancement choices so that they are much less likely to nerf their characters so that they are not fun to play or become ineffective at highler levels.

Dark_Helmet
10-22-2007, 04:58 PM

Vikings: (Singing elaborately...) Spam spam spam spam. Lovely spam! Wonderful spam! Spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam. Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Spam spam spam spam! :D

How about don't let trial accounts send E-Mail to anyone outside their own guild.

I would say don't let trial accounts send Tells, but some newbies do use tells to ask legitimate questions.

Ashet
10-22-2007, 05:06 PM

Why I pulled a +2 weapon and pot of cure mod from the end boss chest in a level 14 quest first time through (yes, all toons level 14)

Ashet
10-22-2007, 05:07 PM
Why I pulled a +2 weapon and pot of cure mod from the end boss chest in a level 14 quest first time through (yes, all toons level 14)

Alternate, how to get rogues back in the game

Ildaron
10-22-2007, 05:08 PM
... ebbron spefic things being added to the game.

Though I really would love Druids.. and pants.. please for the love of all the gods. My sorceror and Wizard needs pants. If I wear a robe I get called a she. I'm not a she I am a he. Please.... don't turn my elves evil for being called she. They will rise up one day and track down everyone who called them a female and nuke em. :(

Glenalth
10-22-2007, 05:10 PM

Let's talk about kneeling before ZOD!

or

Let's talk about a basic outline of Turbine's plan for the future of D&D Online.

Unfortunately, the kneeling before Zod is not optional.

Magus_d
10-22-2007, 05:16 PM

new races, monster or normal.

Frodo_Lives
10-22-2007, 05:21 PM
Game balance and the direction of DDO to (hopefully) level 20

Character Customization

The teachings of Plato, or was it Pluto?..........

BlameCandida
10-22-2007, 05:27 PM
the State of the Game address...

either that, or domains for clerics / schools for wizards

faiths for clerics/paladins too (not the enhancements masquerading as faiths, which cost APs for something that should be free)

Craggath
10-22-2007, 05:29 PM
Well, I'm going to start by saying that doing is better than talking, but if we must talk, let's talk about:

1: New Core Classes
2: New Core Races
3: Kobolds as a playable race

Perhaps Kobolds should get the following racial features, based on the kobolds in the game:

1. Permanent spider climb
2. +10 on Jump checks
3. Ring the Gong 1/rest: summons 1d4+1 kobold warriors of equal HD to the ringer.
4. +2 to disable device/open lock (kobolds are famous for their traps)
5. -2 str, -2 cha, +2 dex,
6: Small size
7: immunity to stench/nausiation effects.

:D

arcanna
10-22-2007, 05:32 PM
Unfair forum bannings and biased moderators.

Vengenance
10-22-2007, 05:34 PM
Rolling back raid loot mechanics to Mod 4. Doing a raid and having no raid loot drop is disheartening to say the least.

Twerpp
10-22-2007, 05:39 PM
Our relationship that you've become complacent with...I think you are taking me for granted.

aurus33
10-22-2007, 05:40 PM

Crafting!!!

SteveK14
10-22-2007, 05:43 PM
Vikings: (Singing elaborately...) Spam spam spam spam. Lovely spam! Wonderful spam! Spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam. Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Spam spam spam spam! :D

How about don't let trial accounts send E-Mail to anyone outside their own guild.

I would say don't let trial accounts send Tells, but some newbies do use tells to ask legitimate questions.

I would say don't let trial accounts send tells/emails to any other than GM's. That would stop ALL the spam.

Add a button on the mail window to report spam or a single name to forward mail to to report it.

Jefechao
10-22-2007, 05:45 PM
Lets talk about competetive quests. 2 parties enter one party leaves... with treasure. A raid style race, where people have to kill a certain number of things defeat puzzles and complete tasks but in the end they are racing against their opponents who are in the same instance doing similiar things. Optionals could include things that could hamper the other party. At certain points they could even see each other like on the bridges in Von 5.

Lets talk about playable monsters, and not just the basics. Like playable in one of your new landscape areas. They need to be perisitant if your killed you drop to what ever is the base level of the creature for the zone. as you kill adventurers you can gain gear or items or spells. You can start to summon more creatures like you but with base stats. If you get enough kills you become like a boss in the zone. Meaning if a party kills you they get loot. and once you die you start back over again.

Lets talk about candy... no wait thats my stomach ignore him.

Lets talk about people being nice to new people that are just starting out. on the flip side lets talk about little kids that are high pitched and dont know what they are doing wont listen to other people and constantly repeat rude things because they dont know any better. Cant we have a server for people like that and we can banish them to it? (ok this one is more of a I had a run with someone yesterday and still am annoyed thing)

Lets talk about more loot weekends. I know thereis a whole pro or con thing that people argue about. I like them. Why not have them occasionnaly.

Lets talk about server to server competitions. Stats and rankings. Guilds that have completed the quests first, more often. servers that have the highest average level. *shrug*

Thats it.

Draclaud
10-22-2007, 05:45 PM
How giving monsters unexplainable blanket immunities is not a good way to fix thing, and when it'll be corrected.

Dionysus
10-22-2007, 05:59 PM
Core classes(monk esp)

Random traps and encounters

Advertising and building player base

Slow down on uber loot and rebalancing

Namelessone
10-22-2007, 06:08 PM
This is my personal opinion, but:

Please do not make Arcane Archer an Enhancement!

Please don't dumb down the Prestige Class by cutting out some/all pre-reqs, and making it accessible for all races.

I personally have been looking forward to this Prestige Class since the game launched, and when I heard it would be an enhancement I shook my head.

Kargon
10-22-2007, 06:12 PM

Tasty Ham!

Theris
10-22-2007, 06:13 PM
Let's talk about monster diversity. For I am tired of fighting undead.

muffinlad
10-22-2007, 06:16 PM
1) Crafting

2) Look and Feel of characters. Cloaks that show, Gloves, boots that change, and the ability to custom your toons look.

3) upgrading the current raid loot structure that makes sure one item drops for parties with 10 or more people in the raid at completion.

4) New Races and classes.

5) More enhancement based Sub-Classes for other Class types.

muffintalker

Mapa
10-22-2007, 06:28 PM
NOTE:The use of the word "you" will imply Turbine, not Quarion.

I want to talk about...

With today's "Update" will you finally admit that the time and effort for this lastest Mod was a wash, at best. Great UI, AH, and graphics updates but the content was not worth the long wait. Why even bother to do it. Litany parts one and two are some of the most avoided content in the game. I doubt many would do it now if a raid were not attached. And now we find out the the raid is the whole Titan fiasco all over again?

You put up this joke of a thread to hopefully have ONE subject on page 1 that isn't questioning the wisdom of today's update.

Q, I'll take the infraction points but realize, I am not attacking you personally. I am questioning Turbine collectively.
Have a cupcake or go count butterflys, I give up wondering just what the collective is trying to do.

MysticTheurge
10-22-2007, 06:29 PM
This is my personal opinion, but:

Please do not make Arcane Archer an Enhancement!

Please don't dumb down the Prestige Class by cutting out some/all pre-reqs, and making it accessible for all races.

I personally have been looking forward to this Prestige Class since the game launched, and when I heard it would be an enhancement I shook my head.

You've phrased this wrong. It should be:

Let's talk about....

... making real prestige classes instead of silly faux-prestige-class enhancements.

Invalid_86
10-22-2007, 06:32 PM
Lets talk about.....not asking us once again what we want and instead acting on the dozens of suggestions that have already been put forth. We aren't exactly covering new ground here.

rfachini
10-22-2007, 06:36 PM
20 hotbars and having a global inventory of all your characters' items and their locations.

Cowdenicus
10-22-2007, 06:37 PM

Let's talk about....

... making real prestige classes instead of silly faux-prestige-class enhancements.

QFT

BlameCandida
10-22-2007, 07:05 PM

Let's talk about....

Ditto on silly faux-faith enhancements.

salmag
10-22-2007, 07:09 PM
...lowering the Manyshot cooldown timer to 20-30 seconds.

Namelessone
10-22-2007, 07:09 PM

Let's talk about....

Ahhh yes, you are correct.

I kind of "beat around the bush" but yeah, that was the intent of my post. I don't want "Prestige Enhancements" I would like "Prestige Classes."

Big_Russ
10-22-2007, 07:14 PM
This silly "extended development" baloney.

BlameCandida
10-22-2007, 07:16 PM
...lowering the Manyshot cooldown timer to 20-30 seconds.

Bringing Manyshot in-line with the SRD as a stance similar to Power Attack.

The_Ick
10-22-2007, 07:21 PM

crafting

Asal
10-22-2007, 07:28 PM
Gnomes

salmag
10-22-2007, 07:31 PM
Bringing Manyshot in-line with the SRD as a stance similar to Power Attack.

While I would have said that, I don't think they would DO that. But this would be an alternative that I would imagine can be done relatively quickly.

amysrevenge
10-22-2007, 07:33 PM
...skill point respec (to mirror feat respec).

By the way:

...and why is it that I can't type 'alliance' on the MotD? Why in the heck is that a bad word?

I bet it's not "alliance" that you can't say, it's "an alliance". Think it through....

Mike

ccheath776
10-22-2007, 07:36 PM

Ridiculous changes to the temple of VOL and the abbott raid that make both unplayable and unrealistic.

Blanket immunities are just an easy button. There are better ways to make the game more of a challenge than that.

Casper_U'Ghost
10-22-2007, 07:57 PM
Let's Talk about______________

Why you prefer the nerf bat, to Fixing what is broken.

This tells me you want people to stop on Ladders and not be able to repeat Abbot, but if you surround the End guy on PoP, you fix it fast. You like adventures not being able to show what level they are on (Normal, Hard, Elite) But if lv 4's Shield block in STK part 3, you add a new room.

This tells me the Person setting the prioties should be fired with no severance package, along with every person that agrees with it.

That is what I want to talk about!

Cheap
10-22-2007, 08:09 PM
Would love to see some guild love. Guild banks, armor colors , ways to leave weapons and money for other guildies in a bank, amd ways to put more info on the MotD. Would also love to see more than just Leader, Successor, Officer, and plain members wold be nice to give other titles that would help show the different jobs people in guild may have and ways of giving people higher status other than officer. Just want to see things improved for the guilds. In the Harbor you have the fountain that shows all the founding guilds and their members at the time couldnt there be something similiar for all current guilds for new players to see??

Big_Russ
10-22-2007, 08:18 PM
Would love to see some guild love. Guild banks, armor colors , ways to leave weapons and money for other guildies in a bank, amd ways to put more info on the MotD. Would also love to see more than just Leader, Successor, Officer, and plain members wold be nice to give other titles that would help show the different jobs people in guild may have and ways of giving people higher status other than officer. Just want to see things improved for the guilds. In the Harbor you have the fountain that shows all the founding guilds and their members at the time couldnt there be something similiar for all current guilds for new players to see??

Addressed in the Risia meeting. WILL NOT HAPPEN UNTIL AFTER IMPLEMENTED IN LOTRO.

Welcome to playing a game that is the equivalent of an ugly stepchild for Turbine.

Vinos
10-22-2007, 08:24 PM
Let's talk about being creative when trying to thwart clever players instead of the knee-jerk reaction of "oh they are immune to X now"

ShoNuff77
10-22-2007, 08:25 PM
Monks!!

Kisaragi
10-22-2007, 08:33 PM

"Lets talk about clothing, new weapons, and non-combat/quest sight seeing areas."

Spookydodger
10-22-2007, 08:39 PM
Sex, baby.

You know... genderless races like Thri-kreen and other baby-sized races like Gnomes.

What... you were thinking of the song? You perverts.

Rendigar
10-22-2007, 08:44 PM
low level raids and more live events that can be experienced by at different times during the day so that all can experience them....

akla_thornfist
10-22-2007, 08:54 PM
lets talk about blanket immunities and how they affect gameplay

lets talk about how you intend to balance the raids so that all power gamers and casual players alike can have the resorces they need to complete them

Kire
10-22-2007, 09:01 PM
Lets talk about life.... its so dark sometimes.

/emo off

Ok lets talk about Actual low lvl raids. You know with a raid chest. and like UbeR +3 flaming weapons ml 4! =D. lets convert Kobold assualt to a raid but increase the number of kobolds need killed to about... 750? then make the trog a big bad raid boss. maybe add these in mod 6 as baby raids not as the main raid. i guess i could wait till mod 7 when we get monks and what not. that would be nice way to test out the new classes/races. Thanks! =)

~Kire

(sorry for any brain cell lost due to reading my idiotic thoughts :eek:)

thewoz
10-22-2007, 09:04 PM
Monks & Druids...features like this can be content 'multipliers' - add a new quest and you have a new quest to run that folks will run ad nauseum in a week, add a new unique class and now running every quest can be a (somewhat) new experience

lethal413
10-22-2007, 09:52 PM
why the **** you ****ed over the casual gamer in the abbot.

why the **** a FIERY inferno is untyped damage.

why LOTRO comes before DDO.

Tija
10-22-2007, 11:16 PM

Player input into the next raid design.

Magnus_Arcanis
10-22-2007, 11:28 PM

how I'm gonna get a Ring of Evasion in my inventory.

(or various other classic items found in the DMG and other source books)

dragonofsteel2
10-22-2007, 11:32 PM
stopping these knee jerking reactions, the new raid sucks. The only way to make better changing the task now, not these knee jerk reactions.

totmacher
10-22-2007, 11:47 PM
minor things Turbine can do to make items that are mostly useless in the game useful.

What I'm talking about is what I asked on the Risia Townhall Meeting... basically rolling collectables and maybe gems into a crafting implementation. Collectables at the moment are mostly useless but do serve a good purpose: they have emplacements in quests already that the devs can use for crafting. (I.E. put crafting "droppables" in collectable places, fungus, etc)

Gems too, they have no apparent purpose other than to sell. Why not roll them into a crafting implementation? Give the gems spot on the AH some use?

I know Devs fear imbalancing the game through interleaving a lot of functionality but it's frustrating to see things in quests where its use has fallen to the wayside.

Spookydodger
10-23-2007, 12:36 AM
Yeah, I would like to talk about some of these blanket immunities.

This is getting a little trite.

"Oh my, the casters are using their spells... what shall we do..."
"I know, let's make them immune to the flavor of the month/what works"
"Brilliant!"

"Some fighters and such are actually using their special abilities. What's worse, they are *specializing* in them. Our raid bosses, with only insanely high stats and saves, are only saving 1/2 the time."
"Let's make them immune for no reason whatsoever, even if it makes no sense, and have no precedent, how it could happen."
"You're getting a raise!"

Boooooo.

TechNoFear
10-23-2007, 01:39 AM
Why we are having downtime every week and if it is planned for every week.

A firmer date and official anouncement for new content and level cap increase.

I think that the DDO pod cast, hinting at a level cap increase, is just a carrot to keep us playing, while not actually promising anything. If it turns out to be bunk then Turbine will say that a DDO pod cast is not an 'official' method of communication with the player base.

TechNoFear
10-23-2007, 02:04 AM
Why a plat farmer can Cut and Paste his spam into the mail box

BUT

I can't Cut and Paste his name (asdsfredftteed) into the SPAM report form......

AND

Then why it takes at least 20 minutes before a GM boots them. (I only report spammers whom I can see at the mailbox AND I have spam from them. I then check my acutions and watch them get booted.)

EDIT: On reflection, have I noticed a new (undocumented?) feature in the mail system that explains the delay in booting the spammer?

QuantumFX
10-23-2007, 02:08 AM
I'm editing this because I'm now seeing the effects of Mod 5.1: Whiny, Unhappy Developers.

Lets talk about why you're so interested in changing your product without player input.

Though I'd rather talk about:
how Turbine will finally fix the melee system to incorporate proper shields and double weapons.

Sam_Mule
10-23-2007, 04:10 AM
1.) Lag melee bug where you must swing in front of a running mob to hit them

2.) Why since the launch of LotRO we have been experiencing 'extended development' and mods have not been released nearly on time?

JayDubya
10-23-2007, 07:08 AM
How you can leverage the players to make more content more quickly
Fixing the AI to handle WoF gracefully, instead of using immunities (using immunites doesn't bother me, but the whining from all the other players is really annoying)
More quests, more often
Introducing Touch of Dolorrh into all Elite quests

moorewr
10-23-2007, 07:21 AM
How you can leverage the players to make more content more quickly
Fixing the AI to handle WoF gracefully, instead of using immunities (using immunites doesn't bother me, but the whining from all the other players is really annoying)
More quests, more often
Introducing Touch of Dolorrh into all Elite quests

Good list.

All they need to do is path mobs to run OUT of area effect damage when not actually hitting who they've aggroed on, and all the world will fill with pink flowers and ponies.

Yukiko
10-23-2007, 07:25 AM
Cheese!

Solstyse
10-23-2007, 07:33 AM
The next years development of DDO. Whats for sure planned for mod 6. What is beyond that? Whats the forcast for level 20, Half Orcs, Half Elves, Monks, Druids?
ANd pie. Whats your favorite flavor. I personaly like blueberry. And I don't really like the flakey crusts. You need a nice solid crust, so you can pack as many blueberries in the pie as possible. And it has to be eaten warm, with whipped cream on top. Maybe some ice cream and drizzle the whole thing in caramel. HMMM pie

moorewr
10-23-2007, 07:43 AM
Apple crisp with vanilla ice cream, FTW!
And keep your nasssty cranberries out of my crisp too...

ANd pie. Whats your favorite flavor. I personaly like blueberry. And I don't really like the flakey crusts. You need a nice solid crust, so you can pack as many blueberries in the pie as possible. And it has to be eaten warm, with whipped cream on top. Maybe some ice cream and drizzle the whole thing in caramel. HMMM pie

Knightrose
10-23-2007, 07:49 AM
...revamping Elite.

http://http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=1401853#post1401853

moorewr
10-23-2007, 08:01 AM
EDIT: fixed your link

...revamping Elite.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=1401853#post1401853

/signed!

Your ideas rock.

Agarwaen
10-23-2007, 08:48 AM
Making Area of Effect spells affect friendly characters, which should also enable some mob immunities to be removed or changed to resistances without making them too easy to defeat.

If implemented well, it might even put an end to the "lets all follow the Sorc's trail of fire" method of getting through most of the quests, and allow for more versatile solutions.

Klattuu
10-23-2007, 09:15 AM
Let's talk about...

what is slated for development over the coming year.

what is the status of monks, druids, advancement to level 20, half-orc, gnomes, half-elves, guild housing, crafting, underwater combat, game promotion, etc?

jettmorrison
10-23-2007, 10:31 AM
Let's talk about whether it's possible to expect player created content at some point. Turbine says they are 'interested', however being interested doesn't mean anything.

Player created content inherently presents issues for developers; i.e. control, opening up code, financing etc. etc. So is it even possible? If an MMORPG can figure out how to do it, and DDO would seem to be the appropriate platform for player created content, I believe a company could make lots of money and could continually spin off content to keep the gamers happy.

Thoughts?

Mad_Bombardier
10-23-2007, 10:35 AM
...starting from scratch in an effort to more closely model PnP gameplay. All items bound on acquire, none or limited enhancements, no resurrection shrines (can still rez out), re-evaluated quests/mobs/XP, etc.

amysrevenge
10-23-2007, 10:38 AM
...starting from scratch in an effort to more closely model PnP gameplay. All items bound on acquire, <snip>

Because, of course, all items found in PnP are bound to the first person to pick them up. lol

That said, it would indeed be nice to move closer to PnP and farther from typical MMO methods. Not sure how to do it, or if it could be done (if I knew these things I'd be a dev, not a player).

Mike

Oreg
10-23-2007, 10:49 AM
...starting from scratch in an effort to more closely model PnP gameplay. All items bound on acquire, none or limited enhancements, no resurrection shrines (can still rez out), re-evaluated quests/mobs/XP, etc.

I love it!

Prinstoni
10-23-2007, 11:00 AM

Why the developers of this game consistently ignore a majority of the population and continue nerfing quests and characters spells and abilities instead of creating new content.

Why I am considering quiting this game.

Why several of my friends have left and why several more are considering quiting this game.

Raithe
10-23-2007, 11:04 AM
...whether the game needs saving or not.

It's obvious that some of the frivolous wishlist posters think everything is hunky dory in DDOland...

Then there are those of us that think that DDO has been teetering on the edge for over a year.

moorewr
10-23-2007, 11:05 AM
Please knock of the negative waves for a minute and tell me something you find positive about the game as it is today.

I've run with you before, and I know you are very good at this game, but you are relentlessly negative on the forums. I play the same game, and some of this stuff maybe annoys me and I want to communicate that to the devs, but I just don't get the level of bile I see from other players.

Why the developers of this game consistently ignore a majority of the population and continue nerfing quests and characters spells and abilities instead of creating new content.

Why I am considering quiting this game.

Why several of my friends have left and why several more are considering quiting this game.

Yaga_Nub
10-23-2007, 11:06 AM
A truly fair infraction point system that has expiring points.

Everyone should be allowed to pop off and have an extreme rant every once in a while as long as they know they are going to get banned for a set period of time and that those infraction points aren't permanent.

moorewr
10-23-2007, 11:10 AM
You too! Great, we're teetering. Stipulated. Now, knock of the negative waves for a minute!

Say something concrete - like "Given that the sky is falling, let's do x y and z." If DOOM is all you have to contribute, spare me.

...whether the game needs saving or not.

It's obvious that some of the frivolous wishlist posters think everything is hunky dory in DDOland...

Then there are those of us that think that DDO has been teetering on the edge for over a year.

Perceval418
10-23-2007, 11:31 AM
Some things that would improve the DDO Experience
Charecter customization at creation
Chaning hair color/style
Changing armor color
Showing boots, gloves on players
Optional showing of cloaks
Cloth armor that isnt robes
Better overall AH usability, such as searching for specific modifiers on weapons, being able to see the items look in the orb (like on vendors) and lowering the AH fee's (part of the reason the AH is so overpriced).
CONTENT CONTENT CONTENT
More classes, more spells, spells that work more often to create a diverse casting environment (rather than having every sorc and wizard be essentially identical)
Quarterstaffs that have modifers equal to holding two one handed weapons of that level to give my caster her favorite weapon back!
At least three additional classes and three additional races
More quests
Caster School Enhancements available at level 1/2
A Warforged slave for my Sorcerer...

Jefechao
10-23-2007, 11:32 AM
Ok so some other that I have read that I liked.

Timer on many shot. Came up but I too would like it as a stance with a minus to hit like it is supposed to be. This makes the most sense. It is not overpowered I have polayed ranged and melee to death and its sad when your ranger cant kill a troll with a +4 holy longbow of pure good with flame arrows. I mean seriously. We shoot to slow and many shot helps bring us in line.
Second player made content seems a sure fire way to go.

Third Guild stuff would be nice.

I want to talk about these and the other things I mentioned.

Pfamily
10-23-2007, 11:44 AM

Why, oh why you would go back and make absurd changes to existing quests, when your time could be much better spent developing and implementing new content? I'm not talking about bug fixes or removing silly exploits, those efforts are appreciated. But, as one example of many; retro-fitting undead with a total immunity to firewalls?

C'mon Turbine, that's just...

hennebux
10-23-2007, 11:49 AM
Let's talk about...
Fixing true class paladins and rogues so they can be more in line with other true classes.
Also some kind of oversight or transparency, on the apparent abuse of the report button on the forums...

Cupcake
10-23-2007, 11:55 AM
Blanket immunities and how to PROPERLY adjust a quest instead of CHEEPLY adjusting a quest.

Ditto.

Tibbar
10-23-2007, 12:01 PM
Let's talk about finding a way to make the game more accessible to casual players.

Let's talk about more quests at all levels.

khonda
10-23-2007, 12:04 PM
Spears, Polearms and Scythes. Bad guys have them, why don't we? Though why do the bad guys who use scythes use them in one hand...?

Double weapons.

Clothing. Robes should not be the only option available between being naked and wearing armor!

Great Crossbows. Hmmm... Great Crossbow or Repeating Crossbow... I have to spend a feat to use either one... Which should I go for? Right now, Great Crossbows don't scale up like other weapons when going from simple to martial to exotic (not counting kamas and shuriken as those are exotic for other reasons). Weapons scale up either damage, crit range, or crit mult from one class to the next. Going from 1d10 for heavy crossbow to 1d12 for great crossbow should put them in the martial category, giving them a x3 multiplier *might* make them worth spending a feat.

Light Hammers. I know they are modeled after PnP, but really... 1d4 20/x2 for a martial weapon? Make them x3 and/or 1d6 to compensate for the fact that they aren't throwable.

Quarterstaff. If they can't be used as a double weapon, at least let them be treated like all the other two-handed weapons in terms of feats and splash.

and of course

New Races and Classes :D

Prinstoni
10-23-2007, 12:27 PM
Please knock of the negative waves for a minute and tell me something you find positive about the game as it is today.

I've run with you before, and I know you are very good at this game, but you are relentlessly negative on the forums. I play the same game, and some of this stuff maybe annoys me and I want to communicate that to the devs, but I just don't get the level of bile I see from other players.

Thank you for the complement. I will state this in a non rant form, but I would still like to know the answer to my question of...

Why do the developers continue changing existing content (for the worse and driving people away) instead of focusing on new content (which brings people back/keeps them around)?

The positives with DDO.
1) D&D like game in a virtual world
2) Character customization (although limited)
3) In game friends
4) Up to Level 12 content that is challenging and not overly difficult for average gamers of the appropriate level.

Dislikes (mostly since MOD 3)
1) Poorly made changes to existing content instead of focus on new content
2) Developer concept of Players (payers) versus Developers (employees/paid)
3) Side stepping and slow/poor customer service
4) Game managment hearing us but not listening to us

Hence, I am 50/50 leaving this game.

Chance
10-23-2007, 01:02 PM
A. Scheduling regular Level Cap increases aside from/in addition to/inspite of any other 'Module' updates

B. Perma-immunity removal from bosses/sub bosses. Making interesting (non direct damage) spells and casting a viable option in Boss level combat

(I detest being reduced to a 'Boom-stick' caster type)

C. Prestiege Classes-- but I'll settle for a little bit of Monk talk if you say it just right.....:D

Ranmaru2
10-23-2007, 01:48 PM
1) Balancing Mobs to Adhere to similar/if not, the same rules we have to adhere to

2) More Content

3) All of the changes in a mod/update instead of us having shadow updates

4) Fixing attacks on the move

5) More Acid spells (Scintillating Sphere anyone?)

Onubis
10-23-2007, 02:29 PM
Lets talk about... balancing enhancements.

Them bloody dwarves are rather overpowered at the moment. And having most races get +4 to a stat rather then +2 makes many builds rather more awkward then they should be.

plz don't bring up nerfing dwarves, how bout instead we bring other races up to speed with dwarves some how. The only 2 advantages to me of making dwarf toon over others is the dwarf toughness and the -2 to cha. If i didn't get either of those, i'd never make a dwarf. I'd play a drow or human melee depending on the plan i had for toon.

so dev's, let's talk about bolstering the game, not nerfing anything for awhile. Let's talk about new content( and by that i mean more than just new quests). Let's talk about new environements. Let's talk about the new races and classes.

MysticTheurge
10-23-2007, 02:31 PM
A truly fair infraction point system that has expiring points.

Didn't we already get this?

DasLurch
10-23-2007, 04:28 PM

1) Any new plans to expand the city of Stormreach (think the 12, House Orien, etc...)

2) Putting more quests in the already existing parts of town. I miss finding new quests in the taverns...

3) New classes/races.

4) General "raid" type quests along the lines of Tempest Spine.

5) More npc's around town. Keep Stormreach alive!!!

6) Making collectables worthwhile again.

7) More character appearance options. New armors, clothes, a barber, etc...

8) Balancing the races a bit more. It's Duengons and Dragons Online, NOT DWARVES and DROW online. Those 2 races are fine as they are. Give me a reason to play a halfling, Human or normal Elf again.

9) More quests. PLEASE??? :D

10) The next level of favor options.

Boulderun
10-23-2007, 05:22 PM
Let's talk about terrible thread merges that obscure all the issues being discussed by combining them into a giant unrelated mess.

Let's talk about the ridiculous customer "service" decision to flag all the players that reran the Abbot when there was no repeat timer as "exploiters" when there every reason to believe that was the intended behavior, and no action to prevent it or even acknowledge it by Turbine when they knew about it well in advance of the "exploitation."

Let's also talk about the continuing and atrocious GM/support staff that is consistently incompetent and uninformed, and routinely refuse to perform actions that we absolutely know they have the capability to do in the service of players who have run into well-documented long-standing issues.

Let's talk about what kind of psychoactive substances the design team is being fed, because they are absolutely out of touch with reality.

Kalanth
10-23-2007, 05:28 PM

Getting all the people that work at Turbine hearing aids, because its clear they don't hear anything the people seem to be saying.

Tija
10-23-2007, 08:33 PM

this

Would a system like this (but with any penalties removed on rest) be preferable if we removed XP debt entirely?

(I'm just asking to find out what people think. I don't particularly like our death penalty and wouldn't mind seeing it changed, but I want to know what people think.)

EDIT: Since the thread got merged and I didn't explain what "this" is... The suggestion was "you get -1 to all stats upon dying that can't be removed, except by using a rest shrine or hanging out in a tavern".

gelgoog
10-23-2007, 09:32 PM
red named boss immunities.

i want to imp trip and stunning blow them again....please.

/shrug

Devlin
10-23-2007, 10:11 PM
Being able to better interact with the environment.

Examples:
1.) I can hang from the edge now I would like to "shimmy" along it.
2.) A way to duck or crawl under an obstacle like swinging blades, etc.
I'm not suggesting we all be Lara Croft but these could be small changes that would add an immense amount of options to even the existing game.

Lets talk about making spells look different for different metamagics.

Examples:
1.) A regular fireball looks the way it looks now when cast. A maximized fireball is bigger or makes a bigger explosion.
2.) Regular Pk looks like now but a heightened PK is another terrible visage.

popltree2
10-23-2007, 11:21 PM
Didn't we already get this?

sure we did, but i have points saying on them that they never go off, hmmmmmm?

MysticTheurge
10-23-2007, 11:24 PM
sure we did, but i have points saying on them that they never go off, hmmmmmm?

They said existing points would stay and be permanent, but most new points would have expiration dates.

TechNoFear
10-24-2007, 01:29 AM
Let's talk about the ridiculous customer "service" decision to flag all the players that reran the Abbot when there was no repeat timer as "exploiters" when there every reason to believe that was the intended behavior,

Sorry? What exactly gave you 'every' reason to believe it did not have a timer?

If the raid had not given you an end reward;
Would you have had 'every reason' to believe that the raid did not give out end rewards or would you have bug reported it/complained here?

It was a raid (more than 6 allowed in the party).
The devs said it was a raid (and all raids in DDO have a timer).
It required flagging to enter.
There was much discussion on how the reflag would work.
Then there was much discussion on the lack of a timer.

All pointing towards it having a timer, but the timer not functioning.
I did not run, it but knew it should have a timer.

IMO claiming you had 'every reason' to think there was not a timer is disengenuous.

Dragonhyde
10-24-2007, 02:29 AM
Bard specific spells:P:)

Tsurani
10-24-2007, 08:47 AM
Crafting! :) :D ;) :rolleyes: :cool: :eek:

DNDJESS
10-24-2007, 04:31 PM
There is only one correct answer to this question:

"Lets talk about AN EXPANSION!!!!!."

Dirkan
10-24-2007, 04:34 PM
STOP Scorpion burrowing!

NiasTrams
10-25-2007, 03:40 AM

The bank won't allow me to use platinum to upgrade my storage capacity so portable storage items would help, plus having items around when I need them is nice also.

One magic quiver holding up to 2000 arrows taking up only one space in my inventory, what archer would refuse. Maybe the magic quiver also allows you to store bows within it, now I am storing only 800 arrows and 12 shortbows inside my magic quiver (my rogue would love that).

A variety of magical and non-magical storage containers in great demand due to limited slots for storage, including limited bank space. The sooner the better.

Kistilan
10-25-2007, 03:46 AM
Kobold Breeding and Kobold Chicken-Fighting. :p

Paladin20
10-25-2007, 03:51 AM
true prestige classes, rather than enhancement based specialties such as "Way of...."

Yes Please! True Prestige Classes, with all the special requirements... if anything it'll buy content developing time because people will be gladly running around making their Ranger/Wizard for an Arcane Archer or their Paladin/Sorcerer to make an Eldritch Knight. I'm pretty confident we'll see Epic levels, but it would be assuring and exciting to hear from the devs that indeed prestige classes are being worked on.

lostinjapan
10-25-2007, 04:26 AM
Let's talk about how to avoid making idiotic changes due to an overdeveloped ego.

Let's talk about how to avoid making cheap and stupid changes and how to focus on well thought out modifications for enhancement of player enjoyment.

Let's talk about how player enjoyment == company income == programmer paychecks.

Or how about let's talk about nothing, since that's what is most likely to happen regardless of your original query.

spyyder976
10-25-2007, 04:32 AM
Why most folks who say things like this...

Why the developers of this game consistently ignore a majority [your opinion]of the population and continue nerfing [one minute many say things are too easy..then say they are too hard when changed...they want to have their cake and eat it too...and don't forget to give them all their uber loot NOW]quests and characters spells and abilities [and fixing bugs/exploits, making game improvements/enhancements]instead of creating new content.

...continually complain about existing content not being how they think it should be and want it fixed now...giving devs no time to work on new content.

NiasTrams
10-25-2007, 05:39 AM
Let's talk about whether it's possible to expect player created content at some point. Turbine says they are 'interested', however being interested doesn't mean anything.

Player created content inherently presents issues for developers; i.e. control, opening up code, financing etc. etc. So is it even possible? If an MMORPG can figure out how to do it, and DDO would seem to be the appropriate platform for player created content, I believe a company could make lots of money and could continually spin off content to keep the gamers happy.

Thoughts?

Neverwinter Nights comes to my mind, not the game that came in the box, but all the servers I played on from it's release until I was Dissillussioned by NWN II and tried the free trial of DDO that was packed with it. Five years I played NWN. NWN II, less than a week, all the cutbacks on content that NWN released, plus the CEP team and all the unpaid module builders cut and tossed out of what was to be a sequel, buyer's regret is what I ended up with.

Maybe Wizards of the Coast, Bioware, Atari, Turbine and the NWN Community can make DDO the sequel to NWN, because for me, NWN II failed.

There are many play styles and lots of possibilities. Get a few players and builders of the worlds that were created with the toolset that was released with NWN and put them on your payroll to give CREATIVE direction, and I would say several different directions.

When I first came to DDO and saw 15 servers I was like, "wow, this should keep me busy for a long time"; then I actually visited a few other servers and quickly realized it was all the exact same content running under the exact same set of rules. Even if you kept the same content on all fifteen servers, why not have different rules for them so they will appeal to the huge variety of interest your player base has.

Some servers optimized for hack & slash zerghing, others optimized for casual gamers and RP crowd (this will be the one of live events servers), another server is designed for uber character building and monty haul campaigns (mostly the youth and over stressed, from outside the game, players), elite servers were death has a lasting effect on your characters but old characters are rare and greatly admired for their perserverence and survivability. And some servers with settings inbetween.

15 servers, I am thinking, 3 different campaign worlds; each world has 5 servers of same content but different sets of rules. 1 set of rules leads to either a graveyard or battle hardened players, hardcore rules. Another set is for the monty haul crowd, it's a fantasy world for fun; this rule set would also appeal to people who want to quickly build a character to see how it might operate on the HCR server before dying repeatedly and then learning s/he needs to reroll the toon. And social servers, make it so people can go into a tavern and sit down and chat and some will do that, let them sit on chairs at tables.

Long before you get to this point; crafting and customization of clothes, armor, weapons, etc... WE NEED STUFF NOW and this should be fairly easy to add, whether we go to a catalogue site of the forums to see which styles and colors are available and get the right codes to imput during conversation with an NPC craftsman or we can craft the changes ourselves, most of us really want to have our own appearance and either blend in with the crowd or stand out.

Next, start adding classes and races; aim for one new class and one new race each month, if monthly is unreazonable for the builders, tell us what is; 6 weeks, 8 weeks, 10? When you start doing this, I am willing to bet word of mouth will travel, plus you can always send update letters to old players who haven't cancelled their e-mail notifications.

New content, very important, but adding classes and races should take precident over this. If it takes 6 weeks for a new class and a new race to be introduced, then a new plot line and series of quest should follow a couple weeks later. And just because the original storyline started in Ebberon, unless a contract states otherwise, add other storylines. Variety is a spice for life.

My reality is sub-par, help me by building a fun fantasy world, one I am happy to spend time in and find friends in.

Citymorg
10-25-2007, 03:47 PM
I have a lot to say on this subject, but I will keep it brief:

1. Titan has the best flagging system in the game, maybe even make it a few more quests to take a little longer. What I like about: Will always be flagged when you finish the quest, it is not random and is a known quantity. It is not repeated everytime you have to go to the raid.

2. I would like to see not just A raid at the end of a story line. I would like to see a storyline that is 6 raids strung back to back (maybe short ones, but you can 12 people with you)--THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT AND SOMETHING I WOULD LIKE TO SEE

3. I hate grinding. I would rather run 12 quests than the same 3 or 4 quests 4 times. If I have to let me choose what I want to run. I do have to give credit, it was easier and faster for me to flag for the Black Abbot than it was for the Stormreaver despite having random drops. The system facilitates people giving up sigil pieces to the people that don't have them.

moorewr
10-25-2007, 03:50 PM
2. I would like to see not just A raid at the end of a story line. I would like to see a storyline that is 6 raids strung back to back (maybe short ones, but you can 12 people with you)--THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT AND SOMETHING I WOULD LIKE TO SEE

I love this idea. a series of no-flagging raids - you can do any in the series except the end if you have an opener, require all five for the final mission.

That could rock.

artvan_delet
10-25-2007, 04:00 PM
Paladins getting some love at levels 15 and 16.

Paladins got jack at levels 13 and 14. All of the pure paladins stayed pure to 14 in the hope that we get some reward in the future at 15 and 16.