PDA

View Full Version : What prestige class you would like to see?

Suzaku
10-21-2007, 01:36 PM
I would like to see Peerless Archer, and Order of the bow be introduced to the game ^^

Borror0
10-21-2007, 01:38 PM
Mystic Theurge
Archmage
Dwarven Defender

Nothing to improve barbarians, they've got enough like this.

MysticTheurge
10-21-2007, 03:00 PM
Are we talking as an actual Prestige Class or as a faux-PrC enhancement?

Zack77
10-21-2007, 03:07 PM
These are my all-time favs

Blackguard
a REAL assassin class
Mystic Theurge
Arcane Archer

Borror0
10-21-2007, 03:13 PM
Are we talking as an actual Prestige Class or as a faux-PrC enhancement?

I assumed PrC.

Not fake enh.

Suzaku
10-21-2007, 03:23 PM
I made the mistake of posting before reading the updates that happened after I left to be on orders.

But for simplicity how about both?

Dariun
10-21-2007, 04:10 PM
Dashing Swordsman (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0390.html) :cool:

Deriaz
10-21-2007, 04:34 PM
Warforged Juggernaut
Reforged

That's all. >:3

-D

Arianrhod
10-21-2007, 05:51 PM
Well, so far it looks like Turbine has been going with the "faux-PrC enhancement" model; I haven't seen any evidence that they plan to add actual prestige classes. Have they said anywhere that they would?

Borror0
10-21-2007, 05:54 PM
Yeah, a long time ago.

Lead Developer before hsinclair said they would release a few of them at the same time and they were slowly working on them. Not a top priority, but very important.

He wanted to have bunch at the same time so no one (read less) complained that they were left behind.

Ghoste
10-21-2007, 06:01 PM
Warforged Juggernaut
Reforged

That's all. >:3

-D
/agree

War priest might be fun too.

Spectralist
10-21-2007, 06:28 PM
Duelist, Eldrich Knight, Arcane Trickster

Seneca_Windforge
10-21-2007, 08:39 PM
...none.

ErgonomicCat
10-21-2007, 09:02 PM

Eldritch Knight, Archmage and Lorekeeper (possibly Mystic Theurge if it's build really carefully, and you have practiced spellcaster) are about the only ones in core that are worth it.

If you're going outside of core, Dwarven Defender, Shadowcraft Mage, Exotic Weapon Master, Abjurant Champion, Pyrokinetist, Warmind, Hulking Hurler (+4 fire), Spellthief, Spellsword (not really worth it, but fun), Sacred Exorcist, Templar, Mindbender, Ultimate Magus (assuming Practiced Spellcaster).

TEK
10-21-2007, 09:07 PM
shadowdancer FTW:D

sheldie
10-21-2007, 09:45 PM
Arcane Trickster and Mystic Theurge.

gpk
10-22-2007, 05:13 AM
I'd like to see Vampiric Bat from the temple of Vol, +100 Attack bonus :rolleyes:

mudfud
10-22-2007, 05:19 AM
Forget prestige classes for now. Lets first get things like monk, druid, artificers...Then prestige classes....

Bamf
10-22-2007, 05:26 AM
Dwarven Defender
Blackguard
Weapon Master

lenric
10-22-2007, 06:06 AM
I'd rather see all of the core stuff, i.e. gnome, half-orc, half-elf, monk, and druid make it into the game before worrying about these silly prestige classes...don't get me wrong some of them are really cool...but what is an arcane trickster if it can't be a GNOMISH arcane trickster...i mean they are the cliche pranksters of ddo.

lenric
10-22-2007, 06:12 AM
Eldritch Knight, Archmage and Lorekeeper (possibly Mystic Theurge if it's build really carefully, and you have practiced spellcaster) are about the only ones in core that are worth it.

If you're going outside of core, Dwarven Defender, Shadowcraft Mage, Exotic Weapon Master, Abjurant Champion, Pyrokinetist, Warmind, Hulking Hurler (+4 fire), Spellthief, Spellsword (not really worth it, but fun), Sacred Exorcist, Templar, Mindbender, Ultimate Magus (assuming Practiced Spellcaster).

o and.....itsn't Dwarven defender core? wait lemme check, ;)yep right there page 186 of the dmg...and lorekeeper?:confused: i can't seem to find that anywhere in the core books....you mean maybe loremaster? I assume so. She is on page 191. :D

I could be wrong here though depending on if you mean core as in Ebberon Core...I don't have my Ebberon Guide handy at the moment.

Well went and got the Ebberon guide and none of these are in it so then I'm right, woot woot...DD is definately core...even was in 3.0 before 3.5.

Lo_Pan
10-22-2007, 06:13 AM
Yeah, I'd like to see core stuff....But for fun: Dwarven defender, Arcane archer, Archmage, Mystic Theurge, Loreseeker, Spellsword and a couple of others....

BTW: They wouldn't do Assassin or Blackguard... No evil alignments

lenric
10-22-2007, 06:28 AM

Unfortuantely a lot of the arcane tricksters stuff goes out the door due to the fact that we don't have mage hand(the only prereq spell for the prc) or any of the other "trickster like" cantrips in DDO. Although it would be nice to be able to disarm some traps from afar with their special ability...I.E. cabal trap anyone...but even this has limited use, and as far as impromptu sneak attack I don't really see how that could be incorperated into the game....well...there goes my gnomish arcane trickster....Hope I at least get gnome...