PDA

View Full Version : Dragonmarks and Metamagics -TY!

Cedrica-the-Bard
10-21-2007, 12:09 AM
I just want to say I think it's AWESOME that the Metamagic Feats apply to the dragonmark abilities. I have the Expeditious Retreat on my new cleric and was pleased to see that when my Extend was selected, it affected the Expeditious Retreat also. I then thought, hey! maybe a Superior Devotion item would improve my Halfling fighters curing Dragonmarks? And sure enough, they do! :D

I dunno, maybe everyone knew this already except me, I just wanted to put it out there for others who may not know and to say Thanks!!!

Symar-FangofLloth
10-21-2007, 07:57 AM
Yeah, it's really good they did that. I think it's kind of to make up for the fact there are no social/RP benefits to having a dragonmark.

Uamhas
10-21-2007, 08:20 AM
actually, there are quite a few social/roleplaying twists you can use to integrate your dragonmark into... Just ask Juryrig.

Symar-FangofLloth
10-21-2007, 08:56 AM
I meant 'no social/RP aspects in DDO.' I know there are many in tabletop.

Spectralist
10-21-2007, 12:51 PM
Yup, and enhancements also buff it, my halfling ranger's CSW through his dragonmark hits 120hp with maximize, all the ranger devotion enhancements and a devotion item.

moorewr
10-21-2007, 01:12 PM
Yes, I think it's awesome! I don't know iff it makes sense given the background of the marks, but don't take it away!

I built my elf displacement fighter around this - 13 Fighter/ 1 Bard, extend feat at level 1 or 3, Lesser Mark of Shadows at level 6...

4x1:12 displacement at level 6
6x2:48 displacement at level 14

Borror0
10-21-2007, 01:15 PM
Knew for metamagic... nice to know about Devotion!!:eek:

I'll remember that one. ;)

moorewr
10-21-2007, 01:22 PM
Knew for metamagic... nice to know about Devotion!!:eek:

I'll remember that one. ;)

Yeah, hoo boy, it makes me hunger for the Mark of Storms. :cool:

Borror0
10-21-2007, 01:36 PM
Yeah, hoo boy, it makes me hunger for the Mark of Storms. :cool:

I know my DDO, not my D&D. Mind explaining?:p

moorewr
10-21-2007, 01:49 PM
I know my DDO, not my D&D. Mind explaining?:p

Here's what I know from PnP. I'm no Eberron wiz. I wonder how the Mark would be implemented in DDO?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragonmarked_house

House Lyrandar

Mark of Storm. 2000 years old.
Raincallers Guild: provides good weather for farmers.
Windwrights Guild: transport over water or through the air.
Race: Half-Elf.
Heraldic beast: Kraken.
Month/Moon: Zarantyr (Mid-winter, ~January, first moon).
House Lyrandar members have the power to manipulate the weather, and have used that power to create an island paradise for themselves, off the coast of Aundair (called Stormhome).
Dragonmark Abilities: power over wind and weather.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20061106a&page=3

Storm's Riposte Any Mark of Storm Spend 1 action point to attack a foe that has just attacked you, deal extra electricity or sonic damage
Stormrider Any Mark of Storm Reroll Balance check 1/day, take 10 on Balance checks when threatened or distracted; gain resistance to electricity and sonic

MysticTheurge
10-21-2007, 02:22 PM
I wonder how the Mark would be implemented in DDO?

Least: Fog Cloud, +2 balance
Lesser: Sleet Storm
Greater: Probably something like Solid Fog, but it'd be cool if they implemented Control Weather (like Sor'jek has).