PDA

View Full Version : Axeblock and Hammerblock

Bamf
10-17-2007, 02:08 AM
This has probably been raised before, but has anyone notice that these are mixed up?

i.e.

I have a +5 FP of Hammerblock (turns away bludgening weps - DR 5) that when worn, in the character sheet states DR 5/ slash,pierce

I also have a +5 FP of Axeblock (turns away slashing weps - DR 5) that states in character sheet DR 5/ peirce,bludgeon

Are these mixed up?

Which is correct?

TreknaQudane
10-17-2007, 02:11 AM
They are both right.

For Hammerblock "DR 5/ slash,pierce" means the weapon must be slashing or piercing (Meaning not bludgeoning)

And Axeblock is essentially the same thing, the other two weapon damage types (Bludgeoning and Piercing) bypass the DR

Gratan
10-17-2007, 02:11 AM
This has probably been raised before, but has anyone notice that these are mixed up?

i.e.

I have a +5 FP of Hammerblock (turns away bludgening weps - DR 5) that when worn, in the character sheet states DR 5/ slash,pierce

I also have a +5 FP of Axeblock (turns away slashing weps - DR 5) that states in character sheet DR 5/ peirce,bludgeon

Are these mixed up?

Which is correct?

Both are correct. What it means by dr5/ slash,pierce is that slash or pierce bypass the dr. Same goes for the axeblock peirce or bludgeon bypass the dr.

Bamf
10-17-2007, 02:19 AM
ahh sorry me stupid - after the slash is what bypasses it isnt it?

Noooob Bammy