PDA

View Full Version : Getting stuck on the Inferno part of the Abbott raid, all pointers appreciated.

aheschel
10-16-2007, 12:29 PM
Any pointers/strategies on the beloved Inferno part of the Abbott raid after the puzzles. It is like he is turning both keys in the Silo at the same time on us and we just explode. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ChildrenofBodom
10-16-2007, 02:32 PM
Any pointers/strategies on the beloved Inferno part of the Abbott raid after the puzzles. It is like he is turning both keys in the Silo at the same time on us and we just explode. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A paladin can usually lay on hands himself thru it and then rez a cleric or a caster to get the mummies. Also a caster can cast fire pro on himself as fast as he can and have on the fire shield (cold version) on to try and live thru it. Might be a little hard for wizards since their cooldowns are twice as long as sorcerers, but it's possible. Inferno is pretty hard to live thru.

Mili

juniorpfactors
10-16-2007, 02:42 PM
lots and lots of HPs and mana ...and gear and clerics and pots....
i feel bad for anyone with less than say 200 hp unbuffed..reroll
and a good gameplan

Garth_of_Sarlona
10-16-2007, 02:47 PM
ice wands.

Garth

juniorpfactors
10-16-2007, 02:52 PM
let me go to the local bartender and pick up a box:D

AxeM
10-16-2007, 03:13 PM
There are a few things you can do to help out individual survival, such as fire resist, fireshield (cold), Firestorm Greaves, fire protection, but the key to having the group survive seems to be having at least 3 clerics and preferably more spamming mass cure spells. The way to make sure everybody hets hit is to gather in the same place, easiest place to gather is amusingly enough right on the abbot, as he's an easy target.

Also having Clerics with Quicken Spell helps a lot as they cast a bit faster and more importantly don't get interrupted.

A lot of it however is just getting the execution down right. It took me about 20 party wipes before I was able to beat it. I'm sure others took fewer tries, others took more and many (most) still haven't defeated him.

aheschel
10-16-2007, 08:35 PM
Sounds like the road we were going down but unfortuantly it did not work. Sounds like we need to perfect it and thanks for the help. What is the minimum number of people you need in this raid for the port of the 6 player to happen. I would assume it is 8.

KatanAztar
10-16-2007, 09:40 PM
Sounds like the road we were going down but unfortuantly it did not work. Sounds like we need to perfect it and thanks for the help. What is the minimum number of people you need in this raid for the port of the 6 player to happen. I would assume it is 8.

6 people is minimum to get teleported to the puzzles.... and like you said, if you keep at it, your only going to get better. Goodluck.

Snike
10-16-2007, 10:57 PM
fire shield (cold version)

HUGH help with any UMD able character. Scroll last 42 seconds plenty of time after you see the abbot start to summon the flames.

Edit** Whoot! And wouldn't you know an hour after I type this I pulled the fire shield (cold version) cloak clicky out of the Beholder end chest.

jmelanie7
11-27-2007, 04:16 PM
The only party members who will survive are probably the ones who have fire resists, fire prot(always on) and firestorm greaves... fireshield cold also helps..... gather up and mass heals....

XRW147
04-21-2011, 01:15 PM
Easy to survive abbot inferno:
- before inferno have fire prot & resist
- as soon as inferno hits, remove curse right away (gets rid of ongoing dmg)
- heal self
and now u lived.

rest
04-21-2011, 01:18 PM
You can try to power your way through it (as suggested previously) or you can do it the easy way and use the ice wands to your advantage (as also suggested previously). I prefer using the ice wands as long as you've got people who have a good understanding of what to do with them and where to use them.

redspecter23
04-21-2011, 01:18 PM
- heal self
and now u lived.

I was always told to remove curse after the 3rd tick of damage to stop the ongoing damage. Will it work after or even before you get hit once?

SolarDawning
04-21-2011, 01:20 PM
It never even occurred to me to -sit- through the inferno. Why do that at all? O_o

All you have to do is fire an ice wand at the water to make a safe platform for everyone to jump on.

issiana
04-23-2011, 02:16 AM
- heal self
and now u lived.

Holy necro batman!!!!

Zilta
04-23-2011, 02:45 AM
It never even occurred to me to -sit- through the inferno. Why do that at all? O_o

All you have to do is fire an ice wand at the water to make a safe platform for everyone to jump on.

this

MsEricka
04-23-2011, 03:02 AM
Holy necro batman!!!!

No, this.

This thread is four years old. Don't people pay attention?

If you have questions about the Abbot, start a new thread. Don't continue to reply to one that's dead.

Dandonk
04-23-2011, 03:14 AM
No, this.

This thread is four years old. Don't people pay attention?

If you have questions about the Abbot, start a new thread. Don't continue to reply to one that's dead.

That is not dead which can eternal lie...

;)

arjiwan
04-23-2011, 03:20 AM
I know this is a necroed thread.

But this is one of the situations where necroing a thread helped me a lot. Others maybe don't want to start a new thread. And also my search-fu is weak.

Cheers!