PDA

View Full Version : A proposed change in the WDA that is a bad idea

Namelessone
10-15-2007, 04:56 PM
Quarion

For all normal chests, players who are not in the dungeon at the time the chest is opened will not get loot from the chest and will not be able to have loot re-assigned to them. For all raid chests, players who are not in the dungeon at the time the raid boss is killed will not have loot generated for them and cannot have loot re-assigned to them.

This has been on the WDA for two weeks now and I just wanted to voice how this is a bad idea, a very bad one.

I will mention that I do like it for raid chests, but that is it.

For all normal chests, this proposed change falls into the very bad category.

Why you ask?

Because if you happened to be: killed and accidentally release/go Link Dead/suffer from a party wipe and release for sp and hp/any other scenario. Someone who is rushing/zerging/not paying attention opens the chest while you are out for whatever reason and guess what?

You get screwed out of loot. You don't get anything, just a xp hit coming back into the quest to an empty chest.

This is a bad idea as it punishes the people who do not recall for sp in a quest. This hurts the people who have something go wrong, and someone can screw it up for them.

Overall: Bad Idea. If it were just for raid chests then I would be 100% for it, but for all normal chests?

Spectralist
10-15-2007, 05:14 PM
Already a thread going about this, most people agree with you though some have suggested this is a workaround/fix to an (understandably) unexplained exploit.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=124084