PDA

View Full Version : Loot distribution drop down menu

Drith
10-15-2007, 08:56 AM
Hey I think this was mentioned in that big long Feedback thread but it deserves more attention then to be burried somewhere else.

The drop down menu for raid distributed loot is very difficult to use for those of us who have large pungy fingers. :eek:

The problem that many of us are having is that loot is being passed onto someone else... for example a fighter pulls a Dragon's Eye. The fighter wants to pass this loot onto a caster in the group.... he accidently clicks on the rogues (who's name is right beside the casters)... the rogue is out of the zone and thus cannot re-assign the loot.

Thus the loot is in the rogue's name and we cannot retrieve it from the chest. NOR WILL GM's HELP ANYONE once petitioned for this problem.

I know I'm beating the dead horse at this point but I'm going to keep saying it.

The New loot system WAS a good idea.

The way it was proposed to be implemented was horrible.

We, the player base, warned all the Devs about all of our concerns and gave weeks and weeks and weeks and pages and pages and pages of feedback.

Feedback ingnored.

Now you have a ****ed off community. (of which we had warned you of).

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Lithic
10-15-2007, 09:06 AM
So true. There should be a "Are you suuuuuuuuuuure?" window for this sort of trade. AFter all, you get a warning if you try to pick up something that binds, so why not when you try to give it to someone else?

Or at least make it so the names in the drop down are more than 2 pixels high :P

Aspenor
10-15-2007, 09:11 AM
Agreed make the list bigger please. And make all loot assigned to those that leave the dungeon into public loot.

I also require a pony. Stat.

Vhlad
10-15-2007, 09:40 AM
There was a thread about this....

ahh, here

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=124100

Spectralist
10-15-2007, 09:45 AM
So true. There should be a "Are you suuuuuuuuuuure?" window for this sort of trade.

Ugh, anything other then that! I've seen so many 'are you sure' windows on the computer that i click yes out of habit and don't even realize there was a confirmation window until five seconds later when i think 'what did i just click yes to?'.

Qzipoun
10-15-2007, 09:47 AM
I've actually had this happen yesterday. A tome was assigned to someone who had left instead of me :(

This is another reason I believe we need an option for all the loot to show up under one person's chest, but until then I just recommend telling everyone to stay put until ALL the loot is distributed.

Drith
10-15-2007, 10:56 AM
Thanks Vhlad... sorry I couldn't find it... bumping both....

Turbine... we only need 1 fix that's it... this damn loot ****.

Just spend 2 hours away from Lord of the Rings that's all we need !!! 2 hours.... okay maybe 3 after QA and all that.

Yeah yeah I know Lord of the Rings is paying for everything over there.... DDO's gotta be worth 2-3 hours though come come you can DOOOOOO EEEEEEEET !!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Drith
10-15-2007, 10:57 AM
That other thread has a crappy subject line "Happened Twice Now"

We are now going to use this thread as the official....

"FIX THIS OR DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM" Thread.

Thank you for your support.

Drith
Proud member of the coalition to keep DDO from DOOOOOOOOM
Soon to be retired
(is that an oxymoron?).

tihocan
10-15-2007, 12:04 PM
I think I said it in that other thread but I'll say it again: I suggest adding a 1 min timer where the item is given back to the original owner unless picked up or transferred to someone else.
Had the same thing happen in a "normal" group, someone left a major mnmemonic for the caster, who was already hitting his teleport button... ;)

DagazUlf
10-15-2007, 12:09 PM
This happens very, very often, and really deserves a fix.

Changing size, adding a timer, whatever... it needs to be given a high priority.

jjflanigan
10-15-2007, 12:12 PM
I like the idea of loot in a chest becoming public as soon as the person for whom it was generated leaves the instance. That way things that "aren't worth the pack space" for someone could still be taken by the other members of the group who may not be as flush with plat.

Spectralist
10-15-2007, 12:17 PM
I like the idea of loot in a chest becoming public as soon as the person for whom it was generated leaves the instance. That way things that "aren't worth the pack space" for someone could still be taken by the other members of the group who may not be as flush with plat.

That i like, i'd also like to be able to set, loot-all on an item if i want to. As where now i seem to have to give it to one specific person. 'Course that'd be more for normal chests then raid ones.

iamsamoth0
10-15-2007, 01:32 PM
The one draw back that I can imagine, because I have this happen quite often.
If I have to leave to utilize the bank, mail, or vendor.
Maybe use the instance timer, to convert to 'public loot'.

Drith
10-16-2007, 01:46 PM
Must remain at the top of the page to prevent Dooom~

MysticTheurge
10-16-2007, 01:54 PM
Rather than any sort of confirmation box, they should simply implement it so that the ability to reassign loot doesn't follow the actual assignment of loot.

Loot that dropped for me can always be reassigned by me, regardless of who I assign it to. The only thing reassigning should do is change who can pick up the item, not who has control of the reassigning itself.