PDA

View Full Version : It is time for a /stuck command....

Fahkrin
10-15-2007, 08:39 AM
Yesterday, some guildies and I were in VON3 and thoroughly enjoying ourselves. We're coming up to the entrance to the beholder maze, and our cleric and wizard hide behind the doors.....and get stuck. You know it; the perma-fall animation.

Both of them immediately put in DM requests. We wait 30 minutes with no reply. Some of us are on time constraints, so we recall out, blahblahblah....you know the drill.

It took over an hour to finally get a response from a DM. I understand it was probably a busy time, but c'mon, why isn't this automated yet? The devs are afraid it's going to be an exploit to get through walls? At least /death gave us an option before. Now, we're at the mercy of dev wait time.

Well, here is a way to make sure that a /stuck command isn't an exploit.

1. Give it a 30 second timer from the comman prompt to movement. And if you move, it ends. So no running around to time the movement to get into an inaccessable area. Code is already in the game from the recall feature.

2. You don't need to move much to get unstuck. Just code it to move up far enough to get out of the valley you're stuck in, then forward a couple of steps. You can then move out of hte valley in the invisible walls.

3. Make the movement typed as regular movement, so that you can't go through walls. No exploit through walls that way.

AND, for those inevitable posts, no we didn't have Dimension Door or Teleport. Nor do the lowbie groups who also get stuck. The game should not be coded so that those two spells are necessary to prevent a problem that doesn't always occur.

Lorien_the_First_One
10-15-2007, 10:36 AM
Had a L9 get stuck between two objects in BAM last week. Frustrating as anything. I was trying to get my squishie out of the way of someone who was pummelling me and when I jumped, there I stayed. I didn't really want to lose the 20% so I put in a ticket. Waited 20 minutes before I got annoyed that I was hurting the party by staying while there were working. Recalled out, reentered, forgot to cancel the ticket. I stayed on for 3 hours min that night, never got an answer. The ticket was closed overnight after I had logged off.

Ya, great customer service.

A /stuck would be wonderful.

Hendrik
10-15-2007, 10:44 AM
A /stuck command would be useful - maybe something that puts you into a 'special' CS queue.

We can help with these areas where we do get stuck; get a /loc and report that location.

Aspenor
10-15-2007, 10:46 AM
/stuck would be useful

I was soloing TR on my capped caster for some Flesh Render Guards, and at the fight against Zulkash I did a backwards leap + fireball maneuver, and landed in perma-fall stuck in the graphic of the platforms on the sides of where he stands originally. It wasn't a big deal since I was killed him with that fireball, so I recalled. In hindsight, I should have bug reported the spot. Sorry Cathy. :cool:

Foxhunter
11-14-2007, 10:28 PM
Other MORPGs have it, why don't we. I got stuck wandering around House Phiarlan. I jumped off a ledge and ended up in a fencing around one of the houses. While I could run around the house, I wasn't capable of jumping over the fence. The exit for the fence was in front of the door and, apparently, I wasn't skinny enough to fit through. Now, while my Paladin could use a diet, I thought this was a bit of a pain. /stuck could have jumped me just over the fence or into the fence entrance and I would've been happy. But no. In a non-combat environment, I was forced to /death and lose XP in order to escape a building. I'll get the location next time, but not having /stuck just stinks.

Kambuk
11-14-2007, 10:36 PM
All the stuck command would need to to to fix 99% al all instances of someone being stuck, is for it to make them jump.

30 second countdown if you try and move it cancels if it finishes the countdown you jump, from where you are using your current jump skill.

Kambuk

BossOfEarth
11-16-2012, 10:05 PM
It is time.

Hobgoblin
11-16-2012, 10:09 PM
It is time.

dude really?

you really really needed to necro a five year old thread for this (expletive deleted, cube calling, not nice word)?

hob

Bunker
11-16-2012, 10:25 PM
It is time.

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/attachments/american-politics-economy/22153d1282366653-republicans-smarter-than-democrats-necrokitten.jpg

IntrepidBear
11-16-2012, 10:26 PM
I've used the /stuck command to get out of stuck areas in quests before,
does it no longer work? ?

I typed /stuck and hit enter,
you do have to wait tho,
it did take between one to four minutes to become unstuck, and placed in a spot closest to just before I got stuck.
I did not send ticket or bug report.

I found a guy stuck beside a ladder in house D once, told him what to do and he got unstuck in about one and half minutes.

It is monitored tho, so that people do not over use it in one day.

Hobgoblin
11-16-2012, 10:28 PM
I've used the /stuck command to get out of stuck areas in quests before,
does it no longer work? ?

I typed /stuck and hit enter,
you do have to wait tho,
it did take between one to four minutes to become unstuck, and placed in a spot closest to just before I got stuck.
I did not send ticket or bug report.

I found a guy stuck beside a ladder in house D once, told him what to do and he got unstuck in about one and half minutes.

It is monitored tho, so that people do not over use it in one day.

this was entered sometime in 2007 man.

iirc, the stuck command was entered late 2008? could be wrong, but it was much later then this thread

hob

IntrepidBear
11-16-2012, 10:30 PM
[QUOTE=Hobgoblin;4772533]this was entered sometime in 2007 man.

oh, sheeeeesh... got pulled into this one, didn't I

just saw the date on the last thread, thought someone wrote this recently

'doh'

Jay203
11-17-2012, 12:07 AM
i'm going to leave Mem. to insert an appropriate /facepalm pic

Syllph
11-17-2012, 01:33 AM
boo!

http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg570/syllph/necroKitten.jpg

cdbd3rd
11-17-2012, 01:53 AM
i'm going to leave Mem. to insert an appropriate /facepalm pic

One to hold everyone over til Mem drops by:

http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac332/doctorhoo/2iksjzm.gif

:)

edit: Look at posts of the necro poster. I wouldn't have played this game if I'd realized he was spamming a carpload of necro threads. :mad:

FestusHood
11-17-2012, 02:25 AM
I saw the date on this and read down to see what prompted rezing this thread. When i got to the first modern comment i started laughing. Pretty funny actually, in some odd sense, especially given the title of the thread.