PDA

View Full Version : Salty-Demigods Recruiting for Experienced High End Gamers

Trueshots
10-13-2007, 09:20 AM
The Salty-Demigods are now recruiting Experienced High End Elite Gamers. We are looking only for players who enjoy fast paced gaming. We have been known over the years as the most elite guild in game and are striving to keep that intergity. We offer a 30 day trial at the end of which you will be dismissed if you have not met the recruitment standards. Feel free to contact me on the forums or in game with any of my toons below. Thank you for your intrest in the Saltys and we'll see you in game.

jaitee
10-13-2007, 11:53 AM
where should i meet you at? the local bar?

Kafanar
10-13-2007, 09:36 PM
Just curious here but i was in that guild when it was formed from the 2 guilds that combined to create the Salty's. It was more of a family guild that wanted to grow then but i never even heard of u has the guild changed leadership again? I know it went through a change when Moonglumm left, is Strength and forget the exact name but i think he plays Falizan now not running Salty anymore? Please dont take this offensively it's not meant that way i'm just curious is all. And also have any who left for Vanguard which at one point was most of the guild if i remember correctly come back?

jaitee
10-14-2007, 01:46 AM
well...ummm....well....ummm....

i can answer this question, but i plead the 5th!!

redraider
10-14-2007, 09:22 AM
We have been known over the years as the most elite guild in game and are striving to keep that intergity. We offer a 30 day trial at the end of which you will be dismissed if you have not met the recruitment standards.

Now that's how you advertise a guild to NOT get recruits! LMAO :p

Kafanar
10-14-2007, 10:52 AM
No it wasnt meant that way at all the Salty's are a good guild with good players guess i shoulda sent that im a pm or something but im computer illiterate.

jaitee
10-15-2007, 11:03 AM
lets not get too cocky........

Dogchair
10-15-2007, 11:06 AM
Well you figure the world has all kinds of people with all kinds of attitudes, why wouldn't our game reflect that?

Just like in real life, people shoot off at the mouth without thinking. Regardless of who the MOUTH of a guild is, more or less it doesn't reflect the entirety of the guild. Just run with who you run with, like who you like, and ignore the idiot who rubs you the wrong way.

There are much less irritating people in Salty-Demigods.

-Dogchair

Draclaud
10-15-2007, 11:37 AM
"It's not bragging if you do it and you back it up"

I have no issues with the Salties, and How they conduct business. Their players are 100% competent, and know most quests backwards and forwards. They zerge a bit much for my personal taste...But that being said I'll take a Saltie in my party anyday.

The post came off a tad bit "high and mighty", but I don't fault the guys for wanting good players in the guild. We all complain about clueless PUGS, why would you want one in your guild?

I wish you all the best in your recruiting fella. It's not my cup-o-tea, but good luck.

Aspenor
10-15-2007, 12:11 PM
We have been known over the years as the most elite guild in game and are striving to keep that intergity.

Salty-who????

How many years was that again??

:cool:

SaberMonkey
10-15-2007, 12:52 PM
I have run with Trueshots s couple times, he doesn't seem like a jerk in person. This thread did seem a little "e-peen" heavy. Oh well, can't please all of the people all of the time.

LeLoric
10-15-2007, 01:42 PM
Oh wow and here I had heard the Salties are dead.

Or was it just that I don't see most of the players that made it one of the elite guilds online anymore or in that guild anymore.

philo
10-15-2007, 02:14 PM
T We have been known over the years as the most elite guild in game and are striving to keep that intergity.

That must have been before there was a fernia.

Aspenor
10-15-2007, 02:18 PM
That must have been before there was a fernia.

Must have been...it was so many years ago!!! :rolleyes:

Trueshots
10-15-2007, 02:18 PM
eaten by cube

Ok guys let me just set this straight. I put up a simple post stating that the Salties were looking for agressive elitist players, yes elitiest. As most that have posted know that that is our style. I have been PM'd by those whom have showed true intrest. For some reason....there have been individuals (already guilded) that decided to make smart adolescent comments about how we recruit. The mature thing would be not to comment and move to the next post. Again most all that have commented on this post have done so to degrade in a childish manner. Those who dont like our policies do not have to request information about recruitment they can again move to the next post. I apologize for the comment about the Face Stabbers, I have friends there as well. I group often with Mareic and Cristo. The comment was towards Redraider. There was no need to comment, so why stir up trouble. Again this is a recruitment post. If you wish to slander me or the Salties please be professional enough to do so on another post. Thank you and sorry for the misunderstanding.

Vinos
10-15-2007, 03:29 PM
I love drama. Gives me something else to read at work besides NFL power rankings.

Elvish_Ranger
10-15-2007, 03:34 PM
i have to agree vinos this is a hillarioius post, as for salties if you dont think someone is of the caliber you want why not help them learn to get there instead of giving the boot, people can learn to play better but some jsut dont want to

Lillitheris
10-15-2007, 04:32 PM
Ahh. Good ol' drama, Fernia style! :cool:

I'll add my 2cp. The Salty-Demigods are, without exception, very good players. In my experience they are also elitist, aloof, whatever. And that's exactly what Trueshots said in his original post. So no need to comment on that really.

Maybe you guys should merge with the Circle of Might (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=117378). Check post #3 ;)

Aspenor
10-15-2007, 05:20 PM
I mostly just found the use of the word "years" amusing.

Trueshots
10-15-2007, 06:53 PM
I mostly just found the use of the word "years" amusing.

I find it more amusing that people dont understand that years means more than 1 year. We have been grouped (not always under current guild name) since BETA..... which means right at 2 year(S). And again thanks for those who actually read the original post for chiming in also.

B_Notorious
10-15-2007, 07:37 PM
We have been known over the years as the most elite guild in game and are striving to keep that intergity.

HaHahahaha! I think I just wet myself. Are you kidding me? That has my vote for one of the funniest quotes this year. You know that you have always walked one step behind Cataclysm. Your boast has not gone unnoticed and I will not sit here and allow such blasphamey!

Vinos
10-15-2007, 07:53 PM
HaHahahaha! I think I just wet myself. Are you kidding me? That has my vote for one of the funniest quotes this year. You know that you have always walked one step behind Cataclysm. Your boast has not gone unnoticed and I will not sit here and allow such blasphamey!

Neither guild is overly friendly to new members.

Brianius
10-15-2007, 08:08 PM
holykiller/lonnacron/arianrood/something pwns you all just by thought

B_Notorious
10-15-2007, 08:12 PM
Not at all true. We have recently added a few new members to our guild that I think would disagree with you. We as a guild welcome newer players that have only a couple of characters and aren't photographicly framiliar with each and every quest. We enjoy the new perspectives and play styles that they bring with them, it breathes new life into the game and keeps things fresh for us. In fact more than once it has helped us to accomplish things at a pace equal to or surpassing those that would boast themselves as the most elite guilds in game. We do not boast that we are the best. Only that we are a guild of dedicated active players that keep pace with those that claim to be the "Elite".

Arioch-lhazaar
10-16-2007, 12:07 AM
oh boy i gotta chime in on this one!!! first off you board ***** alrdy know how highly i think of myself and COM as the BEST MOST ELITEST WE ARE BETTER THAN YOU GUILD EVER<--- (man thats gonna get some responces ill REALLY enjoy reading!)

As far as the Salties they are all awesome players and one of the very few guilds I will give extra raid spots to, so if you do want to join a kickass guild they definetly have my endorsement.... Kudos for having the balls to say you kickass salties. Good peeps.

Course I am me so COM is better! :P

P.S. Your girlfriend prefers COMmies.

P.S.S. thanks for the responces in advance suckas!

Vinos
10-16-2007, 12:15 AM
Not at all true. We have recently added a few new members to our guild that I think would disagree with you. We as a guild welcome newer players that have only a couple of characters and aren't photographicly framiliar with each and every quest. We enjoy the new perspectives and play styles that they bring with them, it breathes new life into the game and keeps things fresh for us. In fact more than once it has helped us to accomplish things at a pace equal to or surpassing those that would boast themselves as the most elite guilds in game. We do not boast that we are the best. Only that we are a guild of dedicated active players that keep pace with those that claim to be the "Elite".

If that were true then I would still be in the guild. But regardless both Cataclysm and salty have good players skill-wise.

MondoGrunday
10-16-2007, 06:12 AM
oh boy i gotta chime in on this one!!! first off you board ***** alrdy know how highly i think of myself and COM as the BEST MOST ELITEST WE ARE BETTER THAN YOU GUILD EVER<--- (man thats gonna get some responces ill REALLY enjoy reading!)

As far as the Salties they are all awesome players and one of the very few guilds I will give extra raid spots to, so if you do want to join a kickass guild they definetly have my endorsement.... Kudos for having the balls to say you kickass salties. Good peeps.

Course I am me so COM is better! :P

P.S. Your girlfriend prefers COMmies.

P.S.S. thanks for the responces in advance suckas!

oh great, a planted arguement from the "cirlce jerk of might" :D
(this was only a joke , before anyone COM members get too excited)

Elvish_Ranger
10-16-2007, 08:44 AM
zorak nice post bud lol gave me a good laugh i have run with commies left and right, would always run with them again if they need, cataclysm never really ran with, salties if you ever need an extra guy look for my toons if zorak recomends ya i can trust ya them commies have been an elitiest guild for a long time on lhazaar ( them and there dang vorpals) and remember some of the best guilds came from lhazaar after all we had the only guild to kill the titan prenerf(yes only a couple hours but ya)

Nataichal
10-16-2007, 12:02 PM
Funny that I was a part of Salty back in the days when it was elite, and all the first generation people had yet to leave for Vanguard. I was even around for a while after the second gen folks took over, though I left because I didn't agree with who they were personally.

Best part is, I never even saw Trueshots on the roster. Gotta love people who claim the legacy of their predecessors.

Or is it the fact that some of the few active skilled members of Salty that remained have already dropped guild; or applied to others?

The old Salty legacy is gone. Its members have moved on. If I were you, I'd get off the high horse created by those who came before.

Aspenor
10-16-2007, 01:45 PM
I find it more amusing that people dont understand that years means more than 1 year. We have been grouped (not always under current guild name) since BETA..... which means right at 2 year(S). And again thanks for those who actually read the original post for chiming in also.

Forgive my confusion but.....

MondoGrunday
10-16-2007, 01:54 PM
Forgive my confusion but.....

DOH!:eek:

Sefuss
10-16-2007, 02:03 PM
I am most definitly one of the elite drinkers on the server, which many high toons on the server (don't ask me how or even try to remember), does this get me a shot with the salty's:mad:

Tolero
10-16-2007, 02:27 PM
Just a lil nudge to remind you all to stay on topic. This is a guild recruitment thread, not a bar fight. You wouldn't appreciate it if they did it in your recruitment thread, so don't do it here either.

hannika
10-16-2007, 02:33 PM
ha! wow that was a fun boost to my morning, really guys kudos.

salty used to be a great guild, the guys were ***holes if you weren't one of them but were nice when you were on the inside like most high end guilds. i had a brief falling out with my guild back on fernia after TLK disbanded and i shopped around for a lil while, ran with both salty and cataclysm. both guilds were incredibly nice to me and i ended up going with cataclysm because i didn't agree with a lot of salties policies. but all the guys that impressed me in salty? moved on.

oh and cataclysm like i mentioned was really nice to me, welcoming, helpfull, a great group of guys (and girls) i just missed my old guild too much and had to go back to it or i'd still be there today :P

jaitee
10-16-2007, 02:58 PM
:rolleyes:

Cowdenicus
10-16-2007, 03:33 PM
All I have to say is Vanash > all here so nyah. :eek:

Aydea
10-16-2007, 04:53 PM
WOW! I am not one to post on the forums, but I do read them frequently, and I must say I cannot recall a time where I have seen a Salty disrespect another guilds recruitment post. If this where a thread in general discussion on your opinion of our guild, I would really wouldn't have anything to say b/c then we would have asked for it.
I have been a member of the Salties for almost a year now. Even though this is only the second guild that I have been in since starting DDO, I have learned and grown alot as a player b/c of this guild. Obviously, you all have your own opinions of us, but we really are a good group of players. Many of us have gotten to know each other beyond DDO, and although we have lost some of our guild members, even some of the ones that made the Salties known for being an elite guild, we still keep in touch.

Does that mean that we are to crawl under a rock and watch our guild wither away? Maybe the Salties will not ever be the same, who knows, but we should at least be given the opprotunity to recruit new members and the type of players that we want w/o alot of flack.:)

Trueshots
10-16-2007, 07:16 PM
Im making my last post on here since a bunch of a**holes have now destroyed the entire recruitment post. Since everyone is so interested in my background and the details of the Salties I am going to graciously give you what you want. I have nothing to hide. I have been playing since Beta (that doesnt reflect when I joined the forums, some people obviously have a little more time on their hands then others). I started in a guild call Kindred Spirits, I stayed there about a year. Although I was there I spent most of my time playing with variuos players who were in the Salties. I loved their game play (fast). I had many friends in KS that I didnt want to leave so I stayed until the guild started to crumble. At that time I was Recruited by Strength (Salties Co-Guild Leader) whom I would say to this day is the best person to have played on these servers. I have been here with the Salties for about a year also. Because of lack of content, extended waits for level increases, and the monotany of beating the same raid over and over again, we have have a number of people leave until there is something to come back to. In lue of that we have an officer out of the state on a job (hes a general contractor) for 3 months and we have had people who were deployed to Iraq and the Middle East. Nevertheless I enjoy creating different toons and trying different builds so thats what I have done in the down time. We have have the same guild leader the entire time I have been here. He is still here but Strength has been replaced in his temporay absense (we still have a co leader guild). We have continued to 2-4 man all the raids but were lacking the everyday numbers that we are use to. So with that I ATEMPTED to put up a post to recuit players for a guild in the mannner we (the Salties) wanted to. I had no idea that with that would come a pack of rabid dogs to try to prove themselves in some manner. Bottom line is that everyone criticized me about who I wanted to recruit and how I wanted to recruit and its none of their freaking business. If you dont like our guild and dont like the recuiting process then dont read my "RECRUITMENT" post. I cant believe that so many can be so angry, most people lash out to cover their inadequacies and I am now convinced this is what has happened in this case. Again im glad that the Tolero chimed in to remind that this was a recruitment post not a bar fight, something I suggest earier in this thread. Again our business is our business, We dont medel in the business of your guild so why would you medel in ours. As Aydea said check the forums and see when the last time a Salty degraded and maliously attacked any of your guilds in a recruitment post. You'll be a while looking for that. Fact is we dont need to bad mouth other guilds to make ours look better, we dont have that childish mentality. Maybe some in this post need to revaluate themselves and there guilds!

PS. I cant type or spell.....Im sure someone will have something nasty to say about my grammer also....So I beg for you forgiveness!

Nataichal
10-16-2007, 07:29 PM
As Aydea said check the forums and see when the last time a Salty degraded and maliously attacked any of your guilds in a recruitment post.

You sure you want to make that claim with Kaeldrik as a guild leader?

Trueshots
10-16-2007, 07:37 PM
your wrong again, kaeldrick has never been guild leader! Airie and Strength are our co-leaders. Brax has stepped in in Strengths absence. But thanks again for your important and much needed thougths!

hannika
10-16-2007, 08:37 PM
So with that I ATEMPTED to put up a post to recuit players for a guild in the mannner we (the Salties) wanted to. I had no idea that with that would come a pack of rabid dogs to try to prove themselves in some manner. Bottom line is that everyone criticized me about who I wanted to recruit and how I wanted to recruit and its none of their freaking business.

um hun, forgive me if i sound condescending but i think the issue is *not* you wanting to recruite new blood into your guild, it's your claim to be "the most elite guild in game." Good luck with that "striving to keep that intergity" bit.

Trueshots
10-16-2007, 08:43 PM
Umm...who are you? Oh yea your the one that tried out our guild for a week and couldnt keep up so you left (and we all rejoiced). Im sorry also if I sounded condescending.

Aspenor
10-16-2007, 09:05 PM
I smell smoke, and where theres smoke, theres flames!!! Flames burn trolls!!!! YARRRRR!!!!!!

OW!!! That burned.....:o

jaitee
10-16-2007, 09:06 PM
Umm...who are you? Oh yea your the one that tried out our guild for a week and couldnt keep up so you left (and we all rejoiced). Im sorry also if I sounded condescending.

i think you should take a breath, and other people need to chill out aswell, and take a breath too

just let the salties recruit the way they want, it doesnt hurt anyone

on the bright side, im guessing no one cares what/how the salties are

so everyone just needs to stop and think for a second

hannika
10-16-2007, 10:58 PM
i'm really not in the mood to pad my infraction point count for your sake so i'm going to let that slide.

Elvish_Ranger
10-16-2007, 11:42 PM
first i think this thread is long gone sorry true but you upset alot of people with the opening post me i just thought all the comments got hilarious, i think you guys may be an elitist guild but rember even if you can 2-4man raids does it mean you have a good guild or a good select few people. most guildes even the high end ones eventually let in weaker people those who send out a bad name for that guild then that is all anyone knows. bad news stay alot long than good news.

2nd i know im gonna get a few infractions for this but your not the most elite guild on the servers remember pre nerf Bones Combat Brigade lhazaar server was the only ones to beat him before the nerf went out and he got weaker. No it wasnt cataclysm, no it wasnt salties no it wasnt the commies there were no elitist guilds to kill the prenerf titan just a group of good friend busting there buts to do it. After all its just a game everyone have a good time.

3rd good luck recruiting if i do see anyone that fits your play style i will send them yoru way ok.

Trueshots
10-16-2007, 11:57 PM
[QUOTE=Elvish Ranger;1393445]sorry true but you upset alot of people with the opening post QUOTE]

Again, Im not sure why my comments would upset people. I simply stated we were looking for elitist. That shouldnt bother anyone. In regards to saying were the most elite and best guild....Everyone in a guild says that about their guild! Take this for example...McDonalds says they have the best hamburger in America, so does Wendys, and so does Burger King. Are they being high and mighty? Do they really have the best burger? No! Theres a hole in the wall 2 blocks from them that have fresh meat and fresh toppings thats way better. It is a marketing scheme. As was my RECRUITMENT post. What did you want me to say?....Were looking for elitiest players but our guilds not all that great, but I hope you join anyway cause we like playing with uber players.
Come on, I wasnt offending anyone with my original post and I have been blasted ever since. Some have even pm'd me to apologize, because they realized I was doing nothing more than TRYING to recruit a certain type of player.

I do thank you for not making direct rude remark in ur last post, but please try to see it from my stance. Thank you.

Elvish_Ranger
10-17-2007, 01:35 AM
well what im saying is the way you worded it looking only for elitiest fo the best elitist guild that part of it is what caught me, i mean i am part of sun war i dont say we are the best guild but we are not the worst we are a group of friends who play alot and help newbs to the game. then they go there own way some stay. but by no means do i mean any disrespect im just trying to understand why in a gaming imviroment you would say your the best. i am pretty sure you have run with guys and gals in different guilds that you want in your own but say they have friends in there guilds. in my opinion the best guild is nothing more than friends goofing off having a blast together, any of my posts if i came accross as anything else i do apoligize but that is how it is and how it may sound. as far as why it woudl upset others, if you post that only the most uber of elitist can join your saying unless y ou play just like me you cant join, but if you phrase it those who learn how we play and like it and can maybe contribute somthing to us want to join then that sounds like your looking for people who are as good as you but maybe a little different add a little spice to the chemistry. do you get what i mean if not ask me and i will try to explain it a little different, all i am sayin is the difference between the two quotes i just did was wording both say the same thing but one sounds like your sayin your better than everyone the other is a friendly invite, remmber its just a game

AEschyl
10-17-2007, 01:59 AM
darn... if only TLK was still around

oh well, the grass truely is greener on the other side

Lillitheris
10-17-2007, 05:05 AM
darn... if only TLK was still around

oh well, the grass truely is greener on the other side

Oooh, bring on the Lucky Knights -drama!

*munches popcorn*

BlueLightBandit
10-17-2007, 10:20 AM
We have been known over the years as the most elite guild in game...

I think I found the problem... you didn't provide a screenshot... well that and you tried to brag...

Either way a screenie of you guys being the most elite guild in game... and some sort of statistical reference of your eliteness compared to other elite guilds in game to prove that you guys are actually "THE most elite guild in game."

Otherwise... you're just being a braggart and the thread should be closed anyway. I'm just sorry that Tolero missed that one in the first place.

BlueLightBandit
10-17-2007, 10:25 AM
Again, Im not sure why my comments would upset people. I simply stated we were looking for elitist. That shouldnt bother anyone. In regards to saying were the most elite and best guild....Everyone in a guild says that about their guild! Take this for example...McDonalds says they have the best hamburger in America, so does Wendys, and so does Burger King. Are they being high and mighty? Do they really have the best burger? No! Theres a hole in the wall 2 blocks from them that have fresh meat and fresh toppings thats way better. It is a marketing scheme. As was my RECRUITMENT post. What did you want me to say?....Were looking for elitiest players but our guilds not all that great, but I hope you join anyway cause we like playing with uber players.
Come on, I wasnt offending anyone with my original post and I have been blasted ever since. Some have even pm'd me to apologize, because they realized I was doing nothing more than TRYING to recruit a certain type of player.

I do thank you for not making direct rude remark in ur last post, but please try to see it from my stance. Thank you.

Blabbity blabbity... if only the laws governing American Advertising were anywhere remotely close to Turbines EULA, you'd have a point.

This thread was bunk from the first post... and should be closed. If you'd like to start a valid recruiting thread... please do so again... try the phrase "We are recruiting only the most elite of players that mesh well with our high standards" and you will probably receive much less flak.

adicia
10-17-2007, 11:13 AM
At that time I was Recruited by Strength (Salties Co-Guild Leader) whom I would say to this day is the best person to have played on these servers.

Wow thank you so much Trueshots I havent had a comment make me laugh until i cried in while. No matter what people say you are def the funniest guy on these forums. :D

jaitee
10-17-2007, 11:20 AM
Wow thank you so much Trueshots I havent had a comment make me laugh until i cried in while. No matter what people say you are def the funniest guy on these forums. :D

he said best person, not best player

just wanted to point that out

hannika
10-17-2007, 11:23 AM
Umm...who are you? Oh yea your the one that tried out our guild for a week and didn't like exploiting so you left . Im sorry also if I sounded like an idiot.

sorry, i just couldn't resist fixing that for you.

Vinos
10-17-2007, 11:35 AM

ouch.

AEschyl
10-17-2007, 11:35 AM
he said best person, not best player

just wanted to point that out

not sure that makes it any better...

or maybe that's what you were going for ;)

Cinwulf
10-17-2007, 11:36 AM
:eek: :p lol :)

jaitee
10-17-2007, 11:48 AM
not sure that makes it any better...

or maybe that's what you were going for ;)

well, yea because i am the best player, so how can he be the best when im the best and he isnt the best :D

so there my conclusion is that he is the best person, and im the best player, hehe :p

DesertBlue
10-17-2007, 04:10 PM
By the Gods, if Strength is the best "person" to ever play this game then we all suck on the character scale. LMAO.

philo
10-17-2007, 11:45 PM
Leia...that was strengths original character if you werent aware:P Was in LK's for a long time. Besides for being a very greedy person who scammed his guildmates in trades more then once. He was always a poor player, ok maybe ill go so far to say mediocre, but if you think hes the best player ever you need to run with someone good lmao. There was never a time saltys was the most elite guild on fernia.

LeLoric
10-18-2007, 01:01 AM
He was good at falling off the dragon platform I'll give him that.

SaberMonkey
10-18-2007, 04:38 AM

LOL Wow...

AEschyl
10-19-2007, 11:07 AM
He was good at falling off the dragon platform I'll give him that.

hah! priceless :D

ah lel, sometimes i miss your wit ;)

Jilliane
10-19-2007, 07:42 PM

Dear God, hannika....I just spewed diet coke at the monitor :)

Furgulder
10-19-2007, 08:43 PM

Hey I take offense to that, Aspenor is way funnier (looking) than True any ole day!