PDA

View Full Version : Quarion talks to the masses..

Yvonne_Blacksword
10-11-2007, 09:09 AM
I would just like to thank The Big "Q" for his visit and "Q"&A session he held on the server...

and this
/hug

He answered many questions...
He stayed around a while...
He was very socialble...

Again, Thank you, Quarion, for your kind visit. I hope you and youe bretheren will find yourselves on our streets again.
<Espresso>
You are my least hated fleshling.

Ekental
10-11-2007, 04:11 PM
When? What? Huh?

Thank You

liamfrancais
10-11-2007, 04:59 PM
When? What? Huh?

Thank You

FTW!
Did the mail lose my invite are you the new merlask
/signed

Dragonhyde
10-11-2007, 10:38 PM
Eh was there and he even spawned a kobold in front of me for some dorf to slay:p . Was he answering questions lol the only ones I noticed were the what are you doing here Q types.

It was interesting to see a kobold appear in front of the bank:p

mudfud
10-12-2007, 07:38 AM
Eh was there and he even spawned a kobold in front of me for some dorf to slay:p . Was he answering questions lol the only ones I noticed were the what are you doing here Q types.

It was interesting to see a kobold appear in front of the bank:p

That's not fair to Quarion. He answered many questions for example. He answered the question about advertising and ddo, he said what they doing about so called plat farmers. He answered about guild houses and how all mods for ddo gonna be free. Hmmm, he answered about quivers for arrows like the bags for gems and so on and on...for same item types. He answered about when mod6 coming out, and he elaborated on a few planes questions. He also answered questions about mod6 having lvl 16 cap, and also new classes in springtime mod...Think that covered it.

liamfrancais
10-12-2007, 08:15 AM
Well tahnks for the info kinda I am not looking for a transcript but do you remember what some of those ansewers were ie. when guild housing (approx).

mudfud
10-12-2007, 09:10 AM
Kinda tired now since I just got off work, I took screenshots of what people were asking and what was being responded to, can upload them later.
There was nothing really definative about anything really that he said. He was answering questions but it more vague then anything, sorry if I was misleading a bit in post before.
What he said pertaining to guildhouses was like this. As far as guildhouses are concerned, if the planes are a success then guild houses are something to be had soon after that.
See what I mean...vague....
But yeah, give me till later tonight and I can get those screenshots uploaded or I can just copy word for word what was asked and he posted.
He even plugged ddo forums and we should come here often to discuss things......

liamfrancais
10-12-2007, 09:57 AM
Thanks mudfud. I figured it was vague because as us forum peeps know if there is a date out there and it is missed DOOOOM rains down.

Yvonne_Blacksword
10-12-2007, 11:26 AM
That's not fair to Quarion. He answered many questions for example. He answered the question about advertising and ddo, he said what they doing about so called plat farmers.
They limited trial accounts restricting their use of email...um he said something else but I forgot.<sigh>
(I grouped with a rather good player and had a chat with him after the group fell apart...he said he was on a trial account and had been playing for about 3 days...he was around 7th level, and had gotten drow favor but due to his trial ness could not make a drow? true?)

He answered about guild houses and how all mods for ddo gonna be free.
Once again decrying the advertisements for the paid update that has been on pre order through amazon.com and other vendors since last year...hope no one bought that. That bogus forsaken lands thingie.

Hmmm, he answered about quivers for arrows like the bags for gems and so on and on...for same item types.
...I forgot...was so rapt by his presence...

He answered about when mod6 coming out, and he elaborated on a few planes questions. He also answered questions about mod6 having lvl 16 cap,
yes...16...

and also new classes in springtime mod...Think that covered it.
monks will not be in 6...or druids...
we must be patient a while longer.

Pecky
10-17-2007, 07:52 AM
Not to be overly negative but if monks, druids, guild housing, crafting, etc is not in Mod6, whats the point? Have they not stated in the past that they have been developing those features? I know I read about it several months ago. If they don't have them done by Jan/Feb/March (whenever the new mod comes out), I don't know what you can possibly expect.

I guess what I'm saying is that since I stopped playing a month ago, I was hoping that Mod6 would have some of the desired features that would draw me back in. Nothing against thsoe who enjoy Mod5 but I personally can't stand undead quests. I hope after this that we don't have to deal with another "undead" module or update until atleast Mod12 :D

I also wonder, did he answer why theres no more updates coming out? Atleast per the WDA, its all slated for Mod6, not a monthly or bi-monthly update as has been the way of the past.

I may be paranoid but it feels like all thats left of the staff are is the core unit.

Alas, give us guild housing and a massively cool crafting system. Those two items could be an entire module... esepcially if you could craft items to place in your guild house and if the crafting system was setup in such a way that that you had to quest to get the items required to make the stuff you want. That would give people a lot to do. Atleast some of us.

mudfud
10-17-2007, 11:17 AM
Yeah Pecky that would be great. I don't do Risia, so maybe questions like those will be brought up tonight. I know alot of people are probably thinking the same thing.