PDA

View Full Version : Level 5 arcane spells

LeLoric
10-10-2007, 02:54 PM
Can we get more of these? The list of 13 is really weak right now and on a sorc with 3 choices i have a hard time picking 3 spells i find i want to cast frequently.

If we cant get more maybe allow us to take a spell of lower level in that spot go to 5 4th's and 2 5th's?

HumanRogue
10-10-2007, 03:19 PM
/signed

Drider
10-10-2007, 04:01 PM
Can we get more of these? The list of 13 is really weak right now and on a sorc with 3 choices i have a hard time picking 3 spells i find i want to cast frequently.

If we cant get more maybe allow us to take a spell of lower level in that spot go to 5 4th's and 2 5th's?

Devs please disregard any ideas presented by Leloric.. he's a loon. :D

LeLoric
10-10-2007, 05:33 PM
Devs please disregard any ideas presented by Leloric.. he's a loon. :D

I may be but dont dismiss my ideas as I may come up with a good one like every 2 years or so. :P

MrCow
10-10-2007, 05:53 PM
DDO hasn't been out for two years, so if you already had a good idea within this time span then this one is null and void. :D

Although, in all honesty, having one level's spell slot swap for another is not going to happen unless we implement one of those odd feats that mess around with spell slots. Also, just about all of the useful non-game breaking level 5 arcane spells have been implemented. A fairly good list can be found in the SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spellLists/sorcererWizardSpells.htm#fifthLevelSorcererWizardS pells).

Of course, that is my opinion and you may see something in there or elsewhere that is worth putting in. For instance, I wouldn't mind having something like Night Caress (touch attack, 1d6 damage per level up to 15d6, 1d6 + 2 CON damage).

Drider
10-10-2007, 05:54 PM
DDO hasn't been out for two years, so if you already had a good idea within this time span then this one is null and void. :D

qft.. and if you have had one, we want screenshots! :p

Lithic
10-10-2007, 06:06 PM

I know the feeling. Mine carries hold monster (wouldn't drop this), teleport and cloudkill. Cloudkill is kinda nice when you are soloing and you can find a ledge, but what cloudkill does Charm monster does better.

LeLoric
10-10-2007, 06:24 PM
qft.. and if you have had one, we want screenshots! :p

I havent had one since ddo came out so i figured this may be it :P

Seriously though I know that most relevant SRD spells from lev 5 have been implemented however not all of the current spells we have are from SRD.

After looking closer I think the biggest problem with lev 5 is there are no good buff spells in there. The spell levels that tend to be over used have lots of good buffs avail as we tend to just gravitate to one or two dmg/kill spells anyways.

Im not asking for a game breaking spell to be put in here but a few more options would be nice, there are only 13 lev 5 spells right now all other spell levels except 7 have twice that.

Tuladoran
10-10-2007, 06:52 PM
Baleful Polymorph please. We need more transmutation :-D

MysticTheurge
10-10-2007, 08:40 PM
You know, I made a whole list of spells they should add (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=97458) once.

5th-level Wizard/Sorcerer Spells
Anticold Sphere: Sphere hedges out cold creatures and protects you from the cold.
Contingent Energy Resistance: Gain energy resistance 10 to the first energy type that damages you.
Lesser Ironguard: Subject becomes immune to nonmagical metal.
Indomitability: Subject cannot be reduced below 1 HP. [Protects only against the first attack which would reduce you below 1 HP.]
Reciprocal Gyre: Creature or object takes 1d12 damage/level of spell affecting it (max 25d12). [Though this one would end up being used to disastrous effect against us.]
Acid Sheath: Sheath of acid damages those who attack you, enhances acid spells
Call Zelekhut: Summons a zelekhut (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/inevitable.htm#zelekhut) to fight for you.
Lesser Dragon Ally: Exchange services with a 9 HD dragon.
Mage’s Faithful Hound: Phantom dog can guard, attack.
Planar Binding, Lesser: Traps extraplanar creature of 6 HD or less until it performs a task.
Summon Undead V: Summons Mummy, Shadow or Wight to fight for you.
Viscous Glob: Ranged touch attack hurls 5-ft diameter glob of glue at subject.
Vitriolic Sphere: Potent acid deals 6d6 acid damage plus possible damage in the following two rounds.
Cacophonic Burst: Noise deals 1d6/level sonic damage to all within area.
Cyclonic Blast: Deals 1d6 damage/level, knocks down creatures.
Mass Fire Shield: Creatures attacking allies take damage; allies are protected from fire or cold.
Firebrand: One 5-ft burst/level deals 1d6 fire damage/level plus burning.
Greater Fireburst: Subjects within 15-ft take 1d10/level fire damage.
Interposing Hand: Hand provides cover against one opponent.
Moonbow: Three motes of electricity each deal 1d6/2 levels damage to subjects.
Prismatic Ray: Ray of light blinds subject, deals random effect.
Shard Storm: Blast deals 3d6 damage to creatures in area.
Sonic Rumble: Cone of sound deals damage.
Shroud of Flame: Subject bursts into flames, taking 2d6 fire damage per round.
Nightmare: Sends vision dealing 1d10 damage, fatigue.
Shadow Evocation: Mimics evocation below 5th level, but only 20% real.
Death Throes: Your body explodes when you die.
Graymantle: Inhibit creature's ability to heal and regenerate for 1 round/level.
Night's Caress: Touched foe takes 1d6 points of damage/level plus 1d6+2 con damage.
Spiritwall: Wall of spirit-forms causes panic, deals 1d10 damage if touched, can bestow negative levels if passed through.
Wrack: Renders creature helpless with pain.
Baleful Polymorph: Transforms subject into harmless animal.
Bite of the Wereboar: You gain +4 enhancement bonus to strength, +6 enhancement bonus to con, +8 enhancement bonus to natural armor, bite attack, Blind-Fight feat.
Draconic Might: Gain +4 enhancement bonus to strength, constitution and charisma, +4 enhancement bonus to natural armor and immunity to sleep and paralysis.
Earth Reaver: Eruption deals 7d6 damage to all in area.
Lucent Lance: Ambient light forms lance, blinds for one round, dazzled for 1 round per level and deals 1d6 points of damage per caster level.
Nightstalker's Transformation: Gain +4 enhancement bonus to dex, +3 luck bonus to AC, +5 luck bonus to reflex saves, +3d6 sneak attack, +5 competence bonus to Spot, Listen, Hide and Move Silently checks, proficiency with all simple weapons plus the rapier, short sword and shortbow, the Weapon Finesse feat and Evasion. Cannot cast spells for the duration of this spell.
Telekinesis: Moves object, attacks creature, or hurls object or creature.
Vulnerability: Reduces target's DR by 5 (to a minimum of 5). Reduction increase by 5 for everyone four levels beyond 9th.

theedtwo
10-10-2007, 09:13 PM
i think that some of these are great and as a lv 14 sorcs i would use most of these spells manny of times. well that is just me but trust me the way my guild runs raids i think that the other sorcs that dose it with us would love to have some of these

Drider
10-10-2007, 09:19 PM
All they need to add of MT's list is Prismatic Ray and I'd be happy. :D

LeLoric
10-10-2007, 09:22 PM
Put in mass fire shield asap please :) thanks for the list mt i didnt feel like looking it up again

Lots of other interesting options here. Love to see vulnerability nights caress acid sheath and vitriolic sphere myself.

MysticTheurge
10-10-2007, 09:38 PM
thanks for the list mt i didnt feel like looking it up again

No problem. I keep it bookmarked. :D

MrCow
10-10-2007, 10:20 PM
That is an awesome list. I don't know why I never saw that list before...

Time to go sightseeing and daydreaming. :D

sirgog
10-13-2007, 07:00 AM
Cacophonic Burst and Prismatic Ray are my top choices.

Lillitheris
10-13-2007, 08:12 AM
I agree, Cacophonic Burst and Prismatic Ray would be nice additions.

Nightstalker's Transformation should be implemented too, we already have Tenser's.

Spectralist
10-13-2007, 10:03 AM
I'd just like to be able to pick lower level spells in higher level slots on my sorc. And memorize lower spells in higher slots on my ranger. I'm pretty sure you can do that in PnP.

Theres 6 level 4 spells i want on my sorc. And 1 level 5 spell. That's just wrong, either let me take lower spells in higher slots or give me spells i actually want. There's many level 2 & 3 spells i'd take over any of the level 5 ones.

MysticTheurge
10-13-2007, 10:05 AM
I'd just like to be able to pick lower level spells in higher level slots on my sorc. And memorize lower spells in higher slots on my ranger. I'm pretty sure you can do that in PnP.

Yes. You can.

Lorien_the_First_One
10-13-2007, 12:14 PM

Yes, you can, but then it uses the slots or SP of the higher level spell. So if you were to memorize PK in a L6 slot it would still have a DC based on L5 but would consume a L6 worth of spell points.